Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Social Cost of Re-Uploading and Suggestion to Improve the Gallery

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited April 2017
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Well, we can use the forum to protect us:

Examples of online bullying include, but are not limited to:
    • Identity theft
    • Identity fraud

^Those are the rules.

Stealing the work of others is identity fraud.

I am declaring it - who is going to argue that?

EDIT:
    In addititon:
    Those found to be engaging in such activity on the Forums, on player profile walls, on the Gallery or in private message chats, will be dealt with severely. Examples of online bullying include, but are not limited to....

IT COVERS THE GALLERY - end of story.

Actually no it doesn't cover the gallery. For one what is uploaded to the gallery is not owned ore even copywrite by the creator. EA/Maxis owned the rights. So one can scream stolen all they want but legally it isn't. Improper morel conduct yes, but nothing illegal has been done. EA/Maxis don't care, they NEVER have and they NEVER will. Heck I remember back in TS1 loads of my CC would stop working because Maxis would take the mesh from a creator and put into expansion packs. The mesh would be recoded just enough so that the CC the mesh went with didn't work and only the ugly plum that came with EP would. There was this one site that it happened so much that they just stopped. I can't recall what the name of it was something like BNX or BHX. It was an Asian site that much I do know.
    The law is irrelevent (legal/illegal) - EA put the Gallery into the forum rules - that is their tough luck.

I say we rise like an army - a movement - an international species - nation to nation - ocean to ocean - internationally and worldwide - to protect our fellow gallery members - to fight the mother of all wars (excluding TS4 Pets).

Well, it is something to do on a rainy day.

Would you like to post a link to where it says that about the Gallery in the forum rules. I don't see it.
    No Bullying. Online bullying means to harass, intimidate or otherwise pressure others to cease participating in the community. Online bullying is against the Rules of this Forum and this behavior will not be tolerated. Those found to be engaging in such activity on the Forums, on player profile walls, on the Gallery or in private message chats, will be dealt with severely.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801207/updated-forum-rules#latest

Example:
    A Simmer ceases to participate because their work is being stolen.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    When are y'all gonna learn that people steal. That's life. And that if you don't want to be stolen from then the ONLY way to avoid it is to NOT upload your creations. Once you upload it it's out into the world and people can reupload it. I don't understand why I keep seeing threads about this and the anger honestly.
    by this logic, no complaint about anything is valid because everything is just a part of life :D
    you should try bringing this point up at the next UN meeting

Cleary EA doesn't care because it keeps happening. We're not talking about social injustices or world war here, we're talking about creating a house in a video game that gets downloaded by someone, renamed, and reuploaded. You can't be serious.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Well, we can use the forum to protect us:

Examples of online bullying include, but are not limited to:
    • Identity theft
    • Identity fraud

^Those are the rules.

Stealing the work of others is identity fraud.

I am declaring it - who is going to argue that?

EDIT:
    In addititon:
    Those found to be engaging in such activity on the Forums, on player profile walls, on the Gallery or in private message chats, will be dealt with severely. Examples of online bullying include, but are not limited to....

IT COVERS THE GALLERY - end of story.

Actually no it doesn't cover the gallery. For one what is uploaded to the gallery is not owned ore even copywrite by the creator. EA/Maxis owned the rights. So one can scream stolen all they want but legally it isn't. Improper morel conduct yes, but nothing illegal has been done. EA/Maxis don't care, they NEVER have and they NEVER will. Heck I remember back in TS1 loads of my CC would stop working because Maxis would take the mesh from a creator and put into expansion packs. The mesh would be recoded just enough so that the CC the mesh went with didn't work and only the ugly plum that came with EP would. There was this one site that it happened so much that they just stopped. I can't recall what the name of it was something like BNX or BHX. It was an Asian site that much I do know.
    The law is irrelevent (legal/illegal) - EA put the Gallery into the forum rules - that is their tough luck.

I say we rise like an army - a movement - an international species - nation to nation - ocean to ocean - internationally and worldwide - to protect our fellow gallery members - to fight the mother of all wars (excluding TS4 Pets).

Well, it is something to do on a rainy day.

Would you like to post a link to where it says that about the Gallery in the forum rules. I don't see it.
    No Bullying. Online bullying means to harass, intimidate or otherwise pressure others to cease participating in the community. Online bullying is against the Rules of this Forum and this behavior will not be tolerated. Those found to be engaging in such activity on the Forums, on player profile walls, on the Gallery or in private message chats, will be dealt with severely.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801207/updated-forum-rules#latest

Example:
    A Simmer ceases to participate because their work is being stolen.

Sorry, but you are way off base with that one.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    It is a good test case.

If a Simmer is bullied out of the community by targeted stealing, do EA act?

I think so.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited April 2017
    It is a good test case.

If a Simmer is bullied out of the community by targeted stealing, do EA act?

I think so.

I have had my own work "stolen" and I would really love to know how I am being bullied? You sure do love to create a mountain out of ant hill don't you.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited April 2017
    When are y'all gonna learn that people steal. That's life. And that if you don't want to be stolen from then the ONLY way to avoid it is to NOT upload your creations. Once you upload it it's out into the world and people can reupload it. I don't understand why I keep seeing threads about this and the anger honestly.
    by this logic, no complaint about anything is valid because everything is just a part of life :D
    you should try bringing this point up at the next UN meeting

Cleary EA doesn't care because it keeps happening. We're not talking about social injustices or world war here, we're talking about creating a house in a video game that gets downloaded by someone, renamed, and reuploaded. You can't be serious.

i never compared the two
    the point of what i had said was really just that "it's life" isn't a valid discredit to any argument no matter how insignifcant, or how important the topic is (at least not to anyone who isn't 5). On top of that it doesn't add anything useful to the discussion or address op's concerns at all
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Oh and for the record I couldn't give a crap if someone took my work and altered it to be their own. I don't own any of the copy writes, I'm not losing money and I am not getting hurt. It is annoying when the gallery is bogged down with unedited re-uploads. One can claim all they want that they are just re-uploading to save room in their library all they want but not everyone does that. Some do yes, I'm not refereeing to them. One can clearly tell when a person is doing just that or re-uploading just because they can. One does have the option to use the favorites option as opposed to just re-uploading.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    if they add stuff to the house its also theres and they should be able to do what they want its not stealing
    even if they dont add anything to it and they just want to save it for later its ok because you gave it to them when you downloaded it
    to the gallery you cant steal something someone gave you
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Why does it seem like every time this conversation comes up, somebody makes it about either: 1) An argument that it's perfectly fine for people to do what they want or 2) It's not worth being upset about.

I don't get it. People will go on and on about injustice of things, but this subject comes up, it becomes about how the creators are somehow at fault or need to get over it, or are making too big of a deal out of it.

And the funny thing is, this thread wasn't even a creator complaining in the first place. It was somebody bringing up the fact that re-uploads can flood out original content. Yet somehow it went there anyway.

Again I say, I don't get it. And I mean that without snark. I truly don't get why this topic attracts such defensiveness about re-uploading and dismissive, if not aggressive, attitudes toward creators (or even non creators) who dare to bring it up as an issue in any way.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited April 2017
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    I HATE when people re-upload work and comment that it's a re-upload, but they don't even bother to mention who the original creators are. #totallynotbitter

And what's with the gallery set-up?

I'm totally confused how the gallery works. It's a mess. Sometimes I'll type the name of my creations into the search bar and it'll take me directly to what I uploaded. Other times, it'll say "it doesn't exist" or something. I'll then try the # option and again, it's a hit or miss.

The original posters name stays with the re-upload. And if someone doesn't want there work used then it's very simple, don't put it on the gallery. When I post my creations I put a note to please give me credit if they re-upload. This is a game and technically everything we make and upload to the gallery is property then of EA. Since I'm an adult I'm not going to go bat-carp-crazy if someone uses my creation w/o giving me credit. Like I stated - "IT'S A GAME"

It doesn't always work that way, though. For example, I could go and download 5 different sims directly into CAS from the gallery and re-upload them as my own. From what I have seen, it uploads as original work and doesn't automatically tag those 5 simmers as the original creators.

And of course I want people to "use" my work. That's why I've uploaded them to the gallery. But, that is different than downloading them and re-uploading them as their own.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    While I do understand the frustration by the OP, I don't really see a way to prevent it either. There is such a small window of time before the creation gets buried with the amount of uploads, the older the upload ( in this case, the original ) the more it is pushed back. A tag line showing the creator of the upload isn't really effective, as with each upload there is a different tag line.

When I upload to the gallery, I leave it up to fate. I don't want to say I don't care what happens to what I upload, but at the same time I have no control. My avatar is a black male, he can be downloaded along with his wife. That is how he is/was in my game. If someone downloaded him, gave him pale white skin and put him in a same-sex relationship, it is no longer my creation, how I made him ... he was molded and changed to fit into someone elses game, someone elses idea. The same thing with rooms. Yes, it is highly annoying when someone uploads a room or a house and someone downloads it and changes the wallpaper and re-uploads it as their own ... it is annoying, but it is different, changed to suit/use as the other person saw fit.
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited April 2017
    Actually, I'm more concerned than frustrated with the state of the gallery.

Re-uploading has always been a thing, and I don't really think it's worth anyone's time to worry about any particular re-uploaded lot. It's just these re-uploads are becoming increasingly common and they almost always make it to the top downloads of the week, which makes it increasingly harder for new creators to enter the gallery. So these new creators might get frustrated and simply just start re-uploading lots instead of trying to create something new.

Honestly having an "Original Only" check box (similar to how we can choose to exclude or include uploads with CC) will probably cut down this issue by a lot, and making the original by tag a bit more persistent so one cannot simply get rid of it by bulldozing the lot and placing it again.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am not a very talented builder and I appreciate all of you that do go through the time to build magnificent homes and create beautiful Sims. When I download I try to remember to give credit if I change something or if I use another person's creation. I have not always done that but do try. That being said I have had my builds and sims borrowed and consider it a part of the community to share and use. Make it either better or worse. Have fun enjoy because life is really short.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Triplis wrote: »
    Why does it seem like every time this conversation comes up, somebody makes it about either: 1) An argument that it's perfectly fine for people to do what they want or 2) It's not worth being upset about.

I don't get it. People will go on and on about injustice of things, but this subject comes up, it becomes about how the creators are somehow at fault or need to get over it, or are making too big of a deal out of it.

And the funny thing is, this thread wasn't even a creator complaining in the first place. It was somebody bringing up the fact that re-uploads can flood out original content. Yet somehow it went there anyway.

Again I say, I don't get it. And I mean that without snark. I truly don't get why this topic attracts such defensiveness about re-uploading and dismissive, if not aggressive, attitudes toward creators (or even non creators) who dare to bring it up as an issue in any way.

well when someone calls a lot of people thieves it makes them upset
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited April 2017
    I HATE when people re-upload work and comment that it's a re-upload, but they don't even bother to mention who the original creators are. #totallynotbitter

And what's with the gallery set-up?

I'm totally confused how the gallery works. It's a mess. Sometimes I'll type the name of my creations into the search bar and it'll take me directly to what I uploaded. Other times, it'll say "it doesn't exist" or something. I'll then try the # option and again, it's a hit or miss.

The original posters name stays with the re-upload. And if someone doesn't want there work used then it's very simple, don't put it on the gallery. When I post my creations I put a note to please give me credit if they re-upload. This is a game and technically everything we make and upload to the gallery is property then of EA. Since I'm an adult I'm not going to go bat-carp-crazy if someone uses my creation w/o giving me credit. Like I stated - "IT'S A GAME"

It doesn't always work that way, though. For example, I could go and download 5 different sims directly into CAS from the gallery and re-upload them as my own. From what I have seen, it uploads as original work and doesn't automatically tag those 5 simmers as the original creators.

And of course I want people to "use" my work. That's why I've uploaded them to the gallery. But, that is different than downloading them and re-uploading them as their own.

And again the owner of anything in the Gallery is EA, not the person who created it. This is just A GAME.

Well, I see the mods have moved this to the feedback section.
  • Options
    well when someone calls a lot of people thieves it makes them upset
    Well as far as I can tell, the only people for whom the term stealing is being applied are people who re-upload with the intent of stealing credit and don't give credit to the original creator. Where there is no intent to steal credit, the term stealing doesn't apply.

There is a huge difference in my mind between:

- People who re-upload so they'll have backups saved on a cloud
    - People who re-upload with the intent of getting downloads from popular material that was someone else's work

If you are doing the first one, you aren't, in my mind, stealing anything. At worst, you are failing to give recognition where it is due (and without acknowledging the creator, it can be hard to tell the difference sometimes between someone who is re-uploading to take credit for someone else's work and someone who is re-uploading to have a backup).

So I guess what I'm trying to say is... if someone is stealing, then I don't have much sympathy for them getting upset at being called a thief. If they aren't, then it doesn't apply to them.
  • Options
    Actually, I'm more concerned than frustrated with the state of the gallery.

Re-uploading has always been a thing, and I don't really think it's worth anyone's time to worry about any particular re-uploaded lot. It's just these re-uploads are becoming increasingly common and they almost always make it to the top downloads of the week, which makes it increasingly harder for new creators to enter the gallery. So these new creators might get frustrated and simply just start re-uploading lots instead of trying to create something new.

Honestly having an "Original Only" check box (similar to how we can choose to exclude or include uploads with CC) will probably cut down this issue by a lot, and making the original by tag a bit more persistent so one cannot simply get rid of it by bulldozing the lot and placing it again.

I might use the gallery more if we had that option. The main reason I don't bother with looking for a lot or household to download is because of the repeats of things being re-uploaded.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    so a lot of peoples trouble is they want credit for stuff they upload right
    well I think that's kind of vain you should just be happy that people download something you made
    and that you can share with others instead of making a big deal over you not getting credit
    if anything all you guys saying stuff about stealing just makes me never want to download your stuff ever
    and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way it just kind of sucks the fun out of the game
    btw if anyone should get most of the credit its the artists that work on the game
  • Options
    well I think that's kind of vain you should just be happy that people download something you made
    and that you can share with others instead of making a big deal over you not getting credit
    if anything all you guys saying stuff about stealing just makes me never want to download your stuff ever
    and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way it just kind of plum the fun out of the game
    btw if anyone should get most of the credit its the artists that work on the game
    If you're saying this at all in reference to what I said in reply to you:

1) I don't speak for everybody, or even most people. I can only speak for myself.

2) I'm guessing you've never put your heart and soul into creating something. For me, it's not about the vanity of wanting to be recognized for what you made (though being a human being, I can't deny it's nice to be recognized for what you did). It's the knowing that someone benefited from what you did, combined with the craft itself, that is the main motivator (this goes for any creative work for me).

3) The stuff about credit is the principle of the thing. Not only is it deceptive for someone to pretend that they made something they didn't, but when you start getting into work beyond the gallery for a game, it can get into nasty legal territory fast and that's not a good habit for anyone to be in, putting themselves in a position of messing with someone's financially livelihood and setting themselves up for a lawsuit.

It's all fun and games until someone with intent to steal credit applies the same dismissive position that it's not a big deal outside the protective bubble of a sims gallery, where the consequences can be soul-crushing and life-derailing.

4) I hope that people aren't deciding whether to download my stuff based on what I say about gallery credit. I would hope that if anyone uses it, it's out of interest in the content, not the words I say about the gallery. So I don't know what you hope to prove saying that it makes you "never want to download your stuff ever."

5) I'm sorry if talking about stealing takes some of the fun out of the game for you, but I'm not going to avoid talking about it because some people don't want to hear it.

6) I'm not sure I understand what the artists for the game have to do with this. The whole point of tools like CAS is that the sims team creates advanced artistic tools that creative types can use to make unique creations, without starting from scratch every time. The sims team of course gets credit for every base asset there is. But if somebody spends hours putting together a sim, or putting together a lot, are you really going to tell me most of the credit for that should go to the game artists? I mean, have you ever spent hours working on a creative project? Hours in the tens or hundreds?

Anyway, I guess I'm back to square one. I still don't really understand the reaction here. In most of the creative world, it's just not even a thing that's up for debate, that credit is supposed to go to the creator. The idea that pointing this out provokes a reaction like saying that asking for credit is vain is just bizarre to me.
  • Options
    Triplis wrote: »
    and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way it just kind of plum the fun out of the game
    If you're saying this at all in reference to what I said in reply to you:

1) I don't speak for everybody, or even most people. I can only speak for myself.

2) I'm guessing you've never put your heart and soul into creating something. For me, it's not about the vanity of wanting to be recognized for what you made (though being a human being, I can't deny it's nice to be recognized for what you did). It's the knowing that someone benefited from what you did, combined with the craft itself, that is the main motivator (this goes for any creative work for me).

3) The stuff about credit is the principle of the thing. Not only is it deceptive for someone to pretend that they made something they didn't, but when you start getting into work beyond the gallery for a game, it can get into nasty legal territory fast and that's not a good habit for anyone to be in, putting themselves in a position of messing with someone's financially livelihood and setting themselves up for a lawsuit.

It's all fun and games until someone with intent to steal credit applies the same dismissive position that it's not a big deal outside the protective bubble of a sims gallery, where the consequences can be soul-crushing and life-derailing.

4) I hope that people aren't deciding whether to download my stuff based on what I say about gallery credit. I would hope that if anyone uses it, it's out of interest in the content, not the words I say about the gallery. So I don't know what you hope to prove saying that it makes you "never want to download your stuff ever."

5) I'm sorry if talking about stealing takes some of the fun out of the game for you, but I'm not going to avoid talking about it because some people don't want to hear it.

6) I'm not sure I understand what the artists for the game have to do with this. The whole point of tools like CAS is that the sims team creates advanced artistic tools that creative types can use to make unique creations, without starting from scratch every time. The sims team of course gets credit for every base asset there is. But if somebody spends hours putting together a sim, or putting together a lot, are you really going to tell me most of the credit for that should go to the game artists? I mean, have you ever spent hours working on a creative project? Hours in the tens or hundreds?

Anyway, I guess I'm back to square one. I still don't really understand the reaction here. In most of the creative world, it's just not even a thing that's up for debate, that credit is supposed to go to the creator. The idea that pointing this out provokes a reaction like saying that asking for credit is vain is just bizarre to me.

1I make a lot of things drawing paintings stories origami

2 we are not talking about work beyond the gallery for a game

3 its saying stuff like this that makes me not want anything you or others have made that are talking about people stealing there work in game.

we're talking about a game here something that's meant to be fun and to play with
    and I'm sorry but it just makes me feel down right uncomfortable
    and unwelcome it makes me feel like you guys could get upset real easy about someone uploading a sim that you guys made maybe
    they changed its hair or made it fat and uploaded it because they think they did a good job and they don't give you credit because
    they really think its theirs. I don't mean any harm and I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but I don't want to play with any sim that someones
    going to get upset over
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'd be curious how many of these 'stolen' lots are just straight-up re-uploaded to the gallery, and haven't actually been tweaked in some way. Personally, I couldn't care less if someone actually just did that with any of my builds, since the whole point of the gallery is sharing and inspiration in my book, but I have a feeling a large amount of 'stolen' lots have actually been tweaked/changed in some way, and maybe it's just not readily apparent if the changes occur inside a room or the building interior.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    1I make a lot of things drawing paintings stories origami

2 we are not talking about work beyond the gallery for a game

3 its saying stuff like this that makes me not want anything you or others have made that are talking about people stealing there work in game.

we're talking about a game here something that's meant to be fun and to play with
    and I'm sorry but it just makes me feel down right uncomfortable
    and unwelcome it makes me feel like you guys could get upset real easy about someone uploading a sim that you guys made maybe
    they changed its hair or made it fat and uploaded it because they think they did a good job and they don't give you credit because
    they really think its theirs. I don't mean any harm and I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but I don't want to play with any sim that someones
    going to get upset over
    I feel like we're talking past each other.

Changing something someone made, or being inspired by it, has never been what I categorize as "stealing." When I use that word (and I have heard of this happening) it's when one user re-uploads something that someone else made, makes no changes, and claims to have created it, with no credit to the original creator.

I don't know if this happens often, but that's the part that's mystifying me is why it would make people feel unwelcome or defensive to call that stealing.

Again, I'm not talking about being inspired by, or making changes to what someone else made. I'm talking about explicit, inarguable intent to take the work of someone else, with no changes made, and pass it off as your own. Something which you've probably never done, from the sound of it, so that's why I was confused about you feeling unwelcome, uncomfortable, sucking the fun out, etc.

It has never been, and will never be, my intention to discourage creativity. Nor would I ever want to speak badly of taking inspiration from the work of others; something that is a big part of the artistic process.

The problem I was talking about is not people "having fun" or "being creative." It's people who most likely know exactly what they're doing and are wholesale lying about having made something that they didn't make.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    This discussion is interesting and all, but it looks like I need to reiterate my original point. I wasn't accusing anyone specific or referring to the morality of re-uploading. That's why I covered up the names in the first place.

Think of it this way. Even if you personally have never re-uploaded anything, or had anything of yours re-uploaded. You are STILL affected by others re-uploading because it causes more clutter in the gallery.

Effectively, you are a third party who is negatively affected whether you like it or not. This is a secondary consequence that is completely unrelated to original uploader's opinion on re-uploading (actually it's completely irrelevant since I am talking about a fundamentally different issue).

Kind of like 2nd hand smoke (not a perfect analogy but bear with me). I don't care which specific individual is smoking, and whether or not I agree with smoking in public is irrelevant. The fact remains that if there are enough smokers in a room, everyone is going to have a bad time.

Let's try to redirect the discussion towards how sorting options in the gallery can be improved, since that definitely contributes to the problem.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    This discussion is interesting and all, but it looks like I need to reiterate my original point. I wasn't accusing anyone specific or referring to the morality of re-uploading. That's why I covered up the names in the first place.

Think of it this way. Even if you personally have never re-uploaded anything, or had anything of yours re-uploaded. You are STILL affected by others re-uploading because it causes more clutter in the gallery.

Effectively, you are a third party who is negatively affected whether you like it or not. This is a secondary consequence that is completely unrelated to original uploader's opinion on re-uploading (actually it's completely irrelevant since I am talking about a fundamentally different issue).

Kind of like 2nd hand smoke (not a perfect analogy but bear with me). I don't care which specific individual is smoking, and whether or not I agree with smoking in public is irrelevant. The fact remains that if there are enough smokers in a room, everyone is going to have a bad time.

Let's try to redirect the discussion towards how sorting options in the gallery can be improved, since that definitely contributes to the problem.
    Sorry about the side discussion.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Triplis

Oh no no, I wasn't referring to yours specifically.

In fact I am the one who is sorry.

It's just the entire thread has turned into a back and forth between people who think reuploading is justified and people who think it's not. This seems to be a sensitive subject for a lot of people, and it wasn't my intention to create a heated debate that ends up making everyone angry.

I'm probably going to have to reword the original post later since it is giving everyone the wrong idea.
    dgvibNQ.png