Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After Vampires we get bowling?

After a home run we get a bowling stuff pack? Not my favorite thing. But I am sure that some will enjoy this.

Comments

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    i will wait to see all that is in it before deciding to condemn it.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I'm at the point that I want any type of venue that don't require a bar to be added to it build it. Though I am sure one will be needed.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    It's more stuff to do.

Worse case scenario just wait for a sale and get it for $5.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    sallysimnamonsallysimnamon Posts: 81 Member
    It's one of those things that I personally think could've been included in one of the expansions or something but I guess we'll have to wait and see what it's like. It probably won't be something I'll buy but, as you said, there's a lot of people who will enjoy it and once they share their experiences with it those of us who aren't sure might change our minds. I think it would be cute throwing a birthday party for children at bowling alleys (I had a fair few myself growing up) but I'll need a little more convincing before I make my decision on it.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    It's one of those things that I personally think could've been included in one of the expansions or something but I guess we'll have to wait and see what it's like. It probably won't be something I'll buy but, as you said, there's a lot of people who will enjoy it and once they share their experiences with it those of us who aren't sure might change our minds. I think it would be cute throwing a birthday party for children at bowling alleys (I had a fair few myself growing up) but I'll need a little more convincing before I make my decision on it.

I never thought the glamour stuff pack would be something for me, even with the butler included, but it ended up being used a lot more than I expected I would. Same for the tv pack with all its boho themed stuff.

Honestly, so far the only stuff pack that has really disappointed me, was the cool kitchen one.
  • Options
    sallysimnamonsallysimnamon Posts: 81 Member
    @liliaeth Yeah, I have really been considering Vintage Glamour because I love the look of all of the new CAS items but I'm someone who really needs to feel it'll be worth buying, much like with the other packs. I think it just boils down to it being a lot of packs which equal a lot of money that I don't necessarily have so I want to know that I've made a good decision with purchasing certain packs rather than wasting my money. It's one that's on my list though so I'll get there eventually! Ah, see I feel the same way about Cool Kitchen despite it only being a first impression. I watch the trailers and such to help make a decision and to me, the Cool Kitchen trailer just screamed ice-cream! and that really isn't something I'm going to spend money on just to say that I own the pack. I personally can survive without new kitchen content and if I want more then I'll download custom content.

As I said, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what this one turns out like. At the moment it doesn't appeal to me but it could end up being pretty cool. :)

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I am looking forward to seeing what they have done with it. Seems like when they come out with something we have had before, they have added to it and made it better.

Will they have seats for the team to sit at and wait their turn? Will they drop the ball on their foot? When releasing the ball, will it go backwards and roll into someone else? Will they have a team member keeping score? Will they have leagues?

Who knows what else will be in this pack, but I am looking forward to it!
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Now I am looking forward to the bowling pack as my sims can do something different. We do not have any bowling alleys where I live anymore, so it will be fun to see what happens. I think there can be a lot of humor in a bowling pack if it is done that way. The ball can drop out of your hand and toward the other sims and they have to jump out of the way, there could be all gutter balls, stuff like that.
    The big thing I remember about the bowling alleys here was the pinball machine, maybe they will have one of those in the game. Those would be great at other venues also.
    I would like to see what hair and clothes they figure would go with this pack. I have not bought everything as I am not fond of the Vampire pack. So I just skipped it.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I wish we would get a pool table with it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Gosh, I bowled on a league for twelve years! It's a fun game. (I also found out I bowl better pregnant. Guess that big ol' belly gave me ballast I needed. LOL) I also should disclose that after Prom, my date and the other couple we were with, thought it would be fun to take in a bit of bowling before we went home. Very strange trying to bowl in a formal gown, but hey, it was fun. and what a wonderful memory, nearly 44 years later. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It's a stuff pack so I don't expect a big production, but it'll make a nice diversion for my Sims. And by spinning it off into an SP, that leaves room in an EP for something new. It'll be a good place for my bros to hang out -- I'm working on a conversion of The Old Salt House that'll have bowling on the bottom floor, with a bar and games upstairs plus a card room, and basketball in the back.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    Bowling doesn't really appeal to me at all. If I was to buy it, I can imagine taking my sims bowling once and then never again...
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    @liliaeth Yeah, I have really been considering Vintage Glamour because I love the look of all of the new CAS items but I'm someone who really needs to feel it'll be worth buying, much like with the other packs. I think it just boils down to it being a lot of packs which equal a lot of money that I don't necessarily have so I want to know that I've made a good decision with purchasing certain packs rather than wasting my money. It's one that's on my list though so I'll get there eventually! Ah, see I feel the same way about Cool Kitchen despite it only being a first impression. I watch the trailers and such to help make a decision and to me, the Cool Kitchen trailer just screamed ice-cream! and that really isn't something I'm going to spend money on just to say that I own the pack. I personally can survive without new kitchen content and if I want more then I'll download custom content.

As I said, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what this one turns out like. At the moment it doesn't appeal to me but it could end up being pretty cool. :)

Honestly, for me the big disappointment with cool kitchen, is that for a pack that supposedly focused on kitchens, it barely had any kitchen content.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    It's a stuff pack so I don't expect a big production, but it'll make a nice diversion for my Sims.
    Exactly.....vampires was a game pack....bowling is stuff pack.....so apples and oranges there.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited March 2017
    Well, Vampires wasn't a home run for everyone, I mean, I love it, but a lot of people don't. I am not into bowling at all in RL but I am excited to have another hobby for my sims and another place for them to go hang out at-although I don't really expect any builds in a stuff pack-but maybe the tools to build your own bowling alley. Then again, since it is a stuff pack, maybe the entire stuff pack IS a bowling alley. Huh.. either way, I'm kind of excited.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I love bowling so much fun. And I agree with the vintage glamour did not think I would like it but ended up enjoying it
  • Options
    Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »

I never thought the glamour stuff pack would be something for me, even with the butler included, but it ended up being used a lot more than I expected I would. Same for the tv pack with all its boho themed stuff.

Honestly, so far the only stuff pack that has really disappointed me, was the cool kitchen one.

I was the same, I didn't think I would get much use out of it either but picked it up when they were on sale. I ended up really loving the vanity and how they can change their makeup and put it on themselves. I think it's so cute to watch them.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    After a home run we get a bowling stuff pack? Not my favorite thing. But I am sure that some will enjoy this.

I'm going to make all the employees at the bowling ally vampires.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    i will wait to see all that is in it before deciding to condemn it.

But the best time to get some popcorn and a root beer for a forum visit is when a pack is being judged by simmers weeks before any information is released about an upcoming pack.
  • Options
    zathyrazathyra Posts: 83 Member
    I liked the bowling item in Sims 2 and used to put it on almost every lot. I'm not too sure about a whole stuff pack about bowling though. In my opinion whether it's a hit or miss will depend a lot on the way it's implemented, as in: just some stuff to do with bowling or a new avenue, new hobby, maybe even a new social event.
    pOZo5xl.png
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'd be happy with a pre-made building with a bowling alley in it. However, so far, the games in TS4 are hardly worth observing. I mean, the darts and the foosball, I've no idea what's going on till the result flashes on screen.
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »

I'm going to make all the employees at the bowling ally vampires.

You dont have to, the game will do that for you
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't know, at least they are making varied content now. Not everything will work for everyone. I like seeing another activity in the game. If it converts easily into a venue, I will have some interest.

Yeah, I would have gone for a broader sports GP or something but SPs are not a huge commitment.

The good thing about this version of the game is that they seem to be releasing a bunch of different stuff in different configurations. People can pick and choose what they actually want in their games.

To make more people happy, they just need to release more content ... and fix bugs.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I'm not really interested in it if we still have the same old venue system - it's useless imo and I almost never go to venues at all. The social interactions have so many bugs and immersion breaking stuff, and I don't like that we can't decide what a venue looks like. If we're just gonna get another thing to add to a nightclub etc. and it's still the same old venues, then what's the point? Even if we get a new venue, which I doubt, then it still has to be an improvement from the other venues we have for it to be useful.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited March 2017
    I think it is a good thing that they are releasing something with a completely different theme after vampires because it means there is something new for players who do not like the supernatural aspect.