Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"A Vampire Is Breaking In" is making me crazy, and my sims.

In EA/Maxis' style, the action of vampires "breaking in" consists of a vamp being in a venue prevents any sims from leaving the premises has cost my sims some precious sleep. I had a sim who met a friend for a drink of juice and a darts game after work and was forced in staying in the bar until almost dawn with the "can't leave, vampire breaking in" interaction. Needless to say, she was almost late for work and cost her some needed beauty sleep. This is sooooo frustrating. One time in the park there was a "can't leave, vampire breaking in." IN A PARK?? :D I even thought about going to MTS and begging some wonderful modder to please, please make a mod to, at least, ease the restrictions with this interaction.

Anyone else find this extremely annoying?
In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.

Comments

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    The one time I had this happen, the vampire was breaking into my house while I was at a nightclub. There was another sim at my house asleep. That's who the vampire was attacking -not me. But the game wouldn't let me travel home because their was a vampire "burglary" in progress there.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited March 2017
    Wow, you get vampires breaking in to attack sleeping sims...that can't be good. :o

Yeah, I'm not sure just why EA thought to keep sims in one spot "while a vampire is breaking in." The explanation escapes me. :D

Edit for typos.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Really the game doesn't want you to escape? What am I suppose to just sit around and let the vampire get me?

But that would frustrate me if I can't even travel home, to save my sim whose getting their blood stolen.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Wow, you get vampires breaking in to attack sleeping sims...that can't be good. :o

Yeah, I'm not sure just why EA thought to keep sims in one spot "while a vampire is breaking in." The explanation escapes me. :D

Edit for typos.

Well, you don't want to step in between a vampire and his snack, do you?
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Wow, I've never had this happen in my game, but I kinda wish it did. It's like the burglaries in the old games. In fact, many of you have complained about the lack of robbers and burglaries, so why are you complaining about this? Any added spontaneity in my game is a plus :) And can't you just use garlic to avoid this?
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I've had this happen at clubs and bars. Vampires seem to live under the philosophy of partying until dawn.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    It's not fun. You get trapped at public lots when this occurs. It's happened to me a few times. You are stuck on a lot and there is nothing you can do. I don't think you can even save in that situation. It's annoying enough that I have to deal with vampires on my normal and challenge saves since the developers gave us no way to control the population.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I've had this happen on a community lot. What I did was track down the vampire, which luckily was one I made myself, reset them and use MCCC to force them to leave the lot. It did take a little while for him to leave, but he didn't complete the "break in" and I could send my Sim home.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2017
    bixters wrote: »
    Wow, I've never had this happen in my game, but I kinda wish it did. It's like the burglaries in the old games. In fact, many of you have complained about the lack of robbers and burglaries, so why are you complaining about this? Any added spontaneity in my game is a plus :) And can't you just use garlic to avoid this?

there's a difference between having it happen, and being helpless to do anything about it... unless you prepare a cure/poison and end them.
    In time When my Sim becomes a sorcerer, Anyone who breaks in, whether it's to steal my blood or any object... well let's just say there's going to be a bonfire, at my house. and I'll be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if I can't use magic to capture a vampire, or thief, or even not be able to do them harm, even if they're pregnant, I'll speed up their pregnancy and kill them myself.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    edited March 2017
    I use two mods to keep my vampire games separate from 'normal' games... I've never seen this happen, so maybe you'd like to try them out?

Neighborhood Protection and Vampire Tutorial Be Gone.

I can't guarantee it will stop the break ins, you might need to ask the modder. But so far, none for me. I really couldn't play without these mods. :)
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

My thoughts exactly. I love waiting to see if a vampire breaks in; they can't do a thing because I have garlic around the home. But if vampire break-ins are 🐸🐸🐸🐸 you off, delete the vampires. Simple!

• Options
    sgjosgjo Posts: 110 Member
    The other day, right before my sim got into bed, I was going to add something to his household so I went to click on the build mode button and it was grayed out.
    When I looked to see why I saw a vampire appear on the sidewalk. He was walking like normal and when he got halfway past my sim's house he turned around and walked back off of the lot (hadn't even attempted to come into the house)...which would have been great except for the fact that my buttons wouldn't un-gray until morning!
    Now, my sim had been going to bed right after it turned dark because he was exhausted from a rough day at work so it made for a very long, slow night of watching him sleep because even the speed up didn't happen after I finally let him climb into bed! lol
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    In EA/Maxis' style, the action of vampires "breaking in" consists of a vamp being in a venue prevents any sims from leaving the premises has cost my sims some precious sleep. I had a sim who met a friend for a drink of juice and a darts game after work and was forced in staying in the bar until almost dawn with the "can't leave, vampire breaking in" interaction. Needless to say, she was almost late for work and cost her some needed beauty sleep. This is sooooo frustrating. One time in the park there was a "can't leave, vampire breaking in." IN A PARK?? :D I even thought about going to MTS and begging some wonderful modder to please, please make a mod to, at least, ease the restrictions with this interaction.

Anyone else find this extremely annoying?

This is possibly a bug and I'm pretty sure they are aware of it. (I have it too, sometimes)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. I love waiting to see if a vampire breaks in; they can't do a thing because I have garlic around the home. But if vampire break-ins are plum you off, delete the vampires. Simple!
    You can't really delete the vampires. The game will just generate new ones to replace the deleted ones.

• Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    i literally had my first one today and my sim just went to bed
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    edited March 2017
    It's annoying as hell, so I installed the MC mod and now I just get them to leave as soon as I see them
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    With all of the people complaining about the vampires.. just as it was, with the auto woohoo, EA will change that now too.
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    Some people are just never happy.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    I had that happen twice while my sims were somewhere in San Myshuno. Was playing a vampire at the time. How odd. Have clicked me too on the thread linked by Rosemow.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I had this happen once. My sim was a single sim and it wouldn't let her leave the lot. I think it was the area where the slice festival is. I thought it meant the vampire was breaking into her home not the public space she was in. Where coincidentally I couldn't see any vamps. It was frustrating because like the OP my sim need badly needed sleep.

I'm all for spontaneous game play and I love the burglar npc but this is different. Burglars don't break into public spots thus trapping your sim and even if a vampire was attacking my household, surely my sim can go home! Seems a bit far fetched that the sim hears their home is being broken into and thinks "oh dear best not go home until he scary thing has gone"

I'm not complaining for the sake of it. I love the fact vamps can break in. But I've never seen it work correctly. I'm actively encouraging it in one of my saves but the vamps aren't playing. I think it's ridiculous if they are "breaking in" to public spots and preventing your sim from leaving. I find it hard to believe that's an intentional feature considering we have been told the sims world is extremely safe which poses no danger. Paraphrasing I admit. It just doesn't make any sense.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I had this happen once. My sim was a single sim and it wouldn't let her leave the lot. I think it was the area where the slice festival is. I thought it meant the vampire was breaking into her home not the public space she was in. Where coincidentally I couldn't see any vamps. It was frustrating because like the OP my sim need badly needed sleep.

I'm all for spontaneous game play and I love the burglar npc but this is different. Burglars don't break into public spots thus trapping your sim and even if a vampire was attacking my household, surely my sim can go home! Seems a bit far fetched that the sim hears their home is being broken into and thinks "oh dear best not go home until he scary thing has gone"

I'm not complaining for the sake of it. I love the fact vamps can break in. But I've never seen it work correctly. I'm actively encouraging it in one of my saves but the vamps aren't playing. I think it's ridiculous if they are "breaking in" to public spots and preventing your sim from leaving. I find it hard to believe that's an intentional feature considering we have been told the sims world is extremely safe which poses no danger. Paraphrasing I admit. It just doesn't make any sense.

It's a bug. It happened to me at one of the karaoke places in Shuno. My three 'band' members were there. One went home and then the other two couldn't leave because of the message. It meant the Sim at home was getting a visit from a vampire at that moment. It caused the game to really lag. But I do realize why it happened. Earlier they had invited in Vlad when he showed up with the welcome wagon. I just hope they fix this when you are still playing at a venue and trying to leave but another Sim is at home. We shouldn't have this sort of mixed up story progression. It should only be the active lot that pertains to anything.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    calaprfy wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. I love waiting to see if a vampire breaks in; they can't do a thing because I have garlic around the home. But if vampire break-ins are plum you off, delete the vampires. Simple!
    You can't really delete the vampires. The game will just generate new ones to replace the deleted ones.

I was deleting the game generated vampires in Manage Households, now with MCC I can humanize them and it takes away the vampire powers; I'd already deleted Vlad and the Vatores. (This is in my save with my Simself and her family; I've already got a separate save where I'm playing a vampire.) It's located on the mailbox under MC Cheats for those who use the MC Command Center mod.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    This is why I'm not in any hurry to get the pack. They shouldn't 'break in' just because you know them. Like with the turning, they should be invited in by the player instead, either through a dialogue option similar to handing out keys when you're in an apartment, or through an item you can place on the lot to attract them (opposite of how garlic works). They shouldn't just show up randomly because at some point you said hi to them as they were walking around or whatever.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Laceyrose wrote: »
    With all of the people complaining about the vampires.. just as it was, with the auto woohoo, EA will change that now too.

Sad, but true. Same with alien abductions too. I love the spontaneity, it adds so much to game play! And vampire entering houses is a part of vampire lore, just read Bram Stoker, that's why you never talk to vampires or ever invite them in.