Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Lot Traits

Alien abduction lot trait, Please.

Comments

• Options
    TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    I got one for Get To Work: Shopper Trap. This trait will lure more customers to the retail venue who has this trait.
  • Options
    kurdanevakurdaneva Posts: 128 Member
    Oh gosh, there are so many ideas! While it's a dream at the moment, I imagine in pets, a lot trait to attract 'wild animals' would be really fun. ( and annoying but that's the charm of it, I suppose.) Perhaps, for just base game, squeaky floors? It could cause an uncomfortable moodlet, or angry?
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    as long as there traits we can choose to have or remove. But I do like the alien abduction idea. <3
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    for a magic based GP there should be a Magical on ley line for chances for a sim to be born even if a non-magical sims are the parents.
  • Options
    HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
  • Options
    ThatAwkwardSimmerThatAwkwardSimmer Posts: 88 Member
    Toddler Haven. It would give more postitive moodlets for toddlers, and they'd be easier to calm down.
    FlawlessFirstBernesemountaindog-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    harun789harun789 Posts: 240 Member
    edited March 2017
    a lot trait that makes bills 5 times more expensive . need more lot traits that make things more difficult. and opposite traits for the ones we have like chef's kitchen and the opposite will be chef's nightmare and meals will come out worse or sims might burn the house more often.
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'd like a "no service here" lot trait that means that phones don't work: no calling/texting in, no calling/texting out, no using phones for job functions etc. For other "off the grid" things, I can use candles for all the lights, not put in computers or TVs, etc. But that one thing...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I'd like a "no service here" lot trait that means that phones don't work: no calling/texting in, no calling/texting out, no using phones for job functions etc. For other "off the grid" things, I can use candles for all the lights, not put in computers or TVs, etc. But that one thing...

love it
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I want a Van Hellsing type lot trait, that keeps vampires away, and makes it impossible for them to break in. Or just for supernaturals in general.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    drunkenangelxdrunkenangelx Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love burglars back and you could have a burglar hot spot trait
  • Options
    I would love burglars back and you could have a burglar hot spot trait

thats a good idea.
    latest?cb=20160515183412
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    ShaedannaShaedanna Posts: 14 New Member
    I'd love more lot traits slots - it gets tiresome having to chop and change depending on what your sims are doing. Anyone know if there's a mod? Haven't found one.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    a no buglars lot trait no vampires lot trait and a no party lot trait
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Yes please! So many great ideas, lot traits is a great way of making the game more interesting.

Higher Bills - I would so like to be able to make a lot expensive to live on even if the lot is small and the house is simple just because it is in a specific area.

No reception - no incoming texts or phone calls

Alien Nexus

Magical Nexus later on

High risk for burglaries

No risk for burglaries got those who prefer that

I use filthy for all my starters ingame and it made playing so much better :)
  • Options
    Lot vibes
    Hi,

I would like to add 2 vibes to the lots :

- Flirty vibe + Romantic sunset moodlet if they are outside
    The Flirty vibe would bring couples of NPC townies (spouses, boyfriend/girlfriend)

- Scary vibe (Tense +3 ?) + Fog effect : Haunted house, abandoned warehouse, ...
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I like all these ideas. I was just thinking that I would like a Playful lot trait to use in my pubs, arcades, etc, so that customers would be more inclined to play the games on offer instead of just drinking and/or standing around talking. And perhaps a Studious Environment lot trait that would make all sims (not just kids) read and gain skills faster.

Of course, I am sincerely hoping we will get some new lot traits with Cats & Dogs. I would like at least two -- one to attract strays and one to repel them.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @FKM100 wrote: »
    I was just thinking that I would like a Playful lot trait to use in my pubs, arcades, etc, so that customers would be more inclined to play the games on offer instead of just drinking and/or standing around talking.

But it would increase the chance to die by hysteria.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    @FKM100 wrote: »
    I was just thinking that I would like a Playful lot trait to use in my pubs, arcades, etc, so that customers would be more inclined to play the games on offer instead of just drinking and/or standing around talking.

But it would increase the chance to die by hysteria.

Hmm, you say that like its a bad thing ...
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2017
    Lot traits were a really novel idea that ended up dead in the water. There were so many ways that this could have been fun, but it isn't.

I would love to see lot traits that truly let the user designate the age range for certain lots. The teen lot trait is useless. It's not enough that teens wander past, they should spawn on the lot. I just don't understand why that is so difficult. I would love for a guru (somebody, anybody) to explain why this is not possible. For example, what's the use of having a toddler playground if the equipment won't spawn toddlers? What ever happened to the concept of random meetings? Now, players have to jump through hoops to make it happen.

Likewise, clothing categories can be assigned on restaurant lots. That function should be made available on all lots. Especially, since dress codes at certain venues seems to have been broken for quite a while. I can't tell the last time that a Sim changed into party wear at a nightclub unless I used MCCC to do it for them. It's tedious as heck.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    > @tomchan0 said:
    > Alien abduction lot trait, Please.

That is a good trait.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    ResSteelResSteel Posts: 63 Member
    I think that more lot traits will be released in the future, and in future packs :3
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I would love a no supernatural lot trait and a no cell phone lot trait.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    New Lot Traits in Pets, something that makes pets happier or less happy, or gets you strays wandering onto your property.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.