Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    DeKay wrote: Β»
    So I got back my cholesterol results and the bad cholesterol level is even much higher than the last time I took the test (5 years ago); even tho for the past 5 years, I've changed my diet and just eating mostly salads and oatmeal (okay, maybe some McDonald's here and there, shhhh),

Tut tut πŸ˜‚ Naughty having McDonald's lol
    I hope your ok tho! Keep up with your health eating. Hopefully level can be bought back down.
    Nice t-shirt :) it looks so cool

Thank you. πŸ₯° How's it going anyways? Haven't seen you in a while.

Feel free to send me one if you ever get a spare 😁

I wasn't very well but a lot better now just my body being useless πŸ™„πŸ‘€ I sort of imagine little people in my body working it like a machine except there all asleep lol 🀣

How are you doing?? Did you get a good phone screen protector in the end lmao. Even in hospital I was led there thinking I wonder if she got one in the endxD

I'm okay but I'm just disappointed about my cholesterol level. It's probably genetics and there's nothing I can do about it other than taking medication if it gets worse, but I don't like medication.

Oh no! You were in hospital? Oh dear! But that's good that you're doing better!

I'm alright, even tho I only had like 3-4 hours of sleep each night for the past three days. I keep on waking up at 1am or 3am and my brain is like, "WOOOO!! Time to wakey wakey!!! It's morning!!!!! Seize the day!" Bruh. 🀣 But I don't even feel sleepy at all now...? Hmm. Hahaha. Healthy living. LOL.

Yeah, I ordered a cheap screen protector online but went to some phone shop that sells various screen covers and paid them money to put this one for me. It was much better. So yay. Next time I would know to just go there. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    @DeKay I’ve had bad cholesterol since I was in my 20’s. Going on a low fat diet made it worse. Doctor said it is hereditary and not diet related, so I’ve been on meds for years. My hypothyroidism also makes it worse. Exercise helps. I recently had bad results due to poor thyroid management, but once we got that regulated they’re much better.
  • Options
    cyncie wrote: Β»
    DeKay I’ve had bad cholesterol since I was in my 20’s. Going on a low fat diet made it worse. Doctor said it is hereditary and not diet related, so I’ve been on meds for years. My hypothyroidism also makes it worse. Exercise helps. I recently had bad results due to poor thyroid management, but once we got that regulated they’re much better.

Sorry to hear that. That's unfortunate that you have to be on meds. πŸ™ I think mine is genetic too.
    So I got back my cholesterol results and the bad cholesterol level is even much higher than the last time I took the test (5 years ago); even tho for the past 5 years, I've changed my diet and just eating mostly salads and oatmeal (okay, maybe some McDonald's here and there, shhhh),

Tut tut πŸ˜‚ Naughty having McDonald's lol
    I hope your ok tho! Keep up with your health eating. Hopefully level can be bought back down.
    Nice t-shirt :) it looks so cool

Thank you. πŸ₯° How's it going anyways? Haven't seen you in a while.

Feel free to send me one if you ever get a spare 😁

I wasn't very well but a lot better now just my body being useless πŸ™„πŸ‘€ I sort of imagine little people in my body working it like a machine except there all asleep lol 🀣

How are you doing?? Did you get a good phone screen protector in the end lmao. Even in hospital I was led there thinking I wonder if she got one in the endxD

I'm okay but I'm just disappointed about my cholesterol level. It's probably genetics and there's nothing I can do about it other than taking medication if it gets worse, but I don't like medication.

Oh no! You were in hospital? Oh dear! But that's good that you're doing better!

I'm alright, even tho I only had like 3-4 hours of sleep each night for the past three days. I keep on waking up at 1am or 3am and my brain is like, "WOOOO!! Time to wakey wakey!!! It's morning!!!!! Seize the day!" Bruh. 🀣 But I don't even feel sleepy at all now...? Hmm. Hahaha. Healthy living. LOL.

Yeah, I ordered a cheap screen protector online but went to some phone shop that sells various screen covers and paid them money to put this one for me. It was much better. So yay. Next time I would know to just go there. :D

I'm glad your ok! Try not to be to disappointed sometimes our body can just act up for no reason. May be next time they check your levels will be back down. Or it will maybe just stay as it is and u won't need medication. I don't like medication either!
    Sometimes genetics can be so cool other time there so annoying lol

Thanks, yeah for a bit I was but I'm all good now x

Lol sorry your not sleeping to well. What's that healthy food doing to you? Lmao xD I hate broken nights. I'm the opposite to you I feel so tired if I don't get enough sleep end up falling asleep in school ha haπŸ˜‚πŸ€£
    I hope u sleep better tonight.

Lol yay I'm glad you finally got a screen protector that worked 😁 the curse is lifted! 🀣

Yeahhh. I feel a bit better now cuz I did some googling and a few articles say that a low triglyceride level is good and sometimes that could overestimate our LDL level. And my triglyceride level is low (optimal) and is better than before maybe due to my healthy eating and stuff, so that's good.

Haha, yeah, I think it's quite normal to feel tried if you don't get enough sleep. πŸ˜… I used to feel like that too. But from recently using a sleep tracker, I realize that if my sleeping/resting heartrate is quite high (70bpm and above), then I would feel tired whether I actually slept or not slept. And usually my heart rate goes up if I eat something very carb heavy for dinner or eat too much sugar. I feel like a kid again. You can't give me sugar at night or I won't sleep. LOL! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ So due to me eating light helps me sleep better at night so even if the hours I slept were short, I still recovered quicker and feel fresh faster, if that makes sense. πŸ˜…
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Today's Q Q is:

Have you ever disliked something and then changed your mind?

Oh my God, I can't think of the name for it. My mind is just blank right now. Let me google.

9vVHRZu.png

Bruh, even Google doesn't know. But it's that thing with the shredded lettuce (?). LOL. And then with carrots sometimes and tartar sacue. I think it starts with the letter L. I don't know. Hahahaa.

EDITED TO ADD: Oh never mind. Found it. It's coleslaw. That doesn't even start with the letter L. 🀣🀣🀣

That's good tho sounds like your healthy eating is doing u good which is great. Yay. I'm glad it's normal for you. Bet your much happier now knowing that. Hopefully you can stay of medicine for now

LOL I love how you can't have sugar before bed πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I love reading little facts about you, you seem so quirky with all these interesting parts of who you are lol. Not much quirky about me.
    That does make sense and I wish I was the same. Waking up early absolutely wrecks me and I don't recover until I get more sleep the next night. Just a zombie all day lmao.

Yeah, I didn't use to be like that tho. Like I could eat sugary stuff and be fine. Maybe it's just an old person thing. LOL. But being old also probably means I need less energy. Why am I saying this like I'm 60 years old or something...? 🀣🀣

And you have some cool fun facts about yourself too!!
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Disliked something then changed my mind about it, let's see...thinking...

okay so I can't think of anything trivial so here's the deep stuff:

I was homophobic and transphobic. Not for any unusual reason, just the garden-variety, being-a-member-of-my-generation thing, plus my mother was a victim of her generation (boomer) plus her geographical upbringing (the US South) and I found out only after her death, that she also had struggled against oppressive gender norms and sexism and misogyny so rank that even her interest in playing a sax in school was quashed by a teacher who declared that a "masculine" instrument and told her to pick something "feminine" like the flute or picolo. She just didn't play an instrument. My poor mother, wish I could smack that teacher but it wouldn't have fixed the systemic problem any more than smacking a racist fixes that. It might feel good, but it solves nothing.

But I acquired the belief that everything except cisgender heterosexual was an aberration of nature, a mistake, wrong, bad, perhaps a character failing, or at the very least, some kind of pathology, and grew increasingly alienated from peers at school when I started to have "wrong" feelings.

This was complicated by the fact that I had also had "correct" feelings: crushes on the gender society's narrative declared the "right" one. So I struggled with the secret of also having had "Wrong" feelings and believed it was a shameful pathology in myself. This distanced me from school, from my peer group, even from my friends. I was afraid of my secret getting out, of it showing. So, presumably, were the roughly 1 in 10 of my peers at school, also suffering in fear and silence, not free to be themselves, each fearing they alone were "defective" according to oppressive social norms.

This continued in uni. Somehow I didn't feel entitled to a normal social life like others: they could date and flirt, but I had to be an island, keeping myself unapproachable because I both internalized the idea that I "wasn't like everyone else" and perpetuating it, coming across as intimidating because I was angry at the world, self-hating, and channeled my rage into competitive fighting. It was an outlet but nobody wanted to get close to me because I was sending out "I'll END you" on all channels. really it was myself I wanted to end.

So how did I get from that to where I am now? I guess a series of little miracles, plus some social progress over time that caused me to fact-check and second-guess. And a conscious attempt to educate myself and find out more about the facts that anti-LGBTQ+ people often say they are concerned with over feelings. Turns out the facts support LGBTQ+ people, particularly trans people, but passionate zealots may claim to like facts, but then don't want to go finding out about science and will often deny it when faced with it.

Still, I clearly remember how deep my feelings of insensible revulsion were, how irrational and emotional and knee-jerk it was to believe that LGBTQ people were defective, an aberration, nature gone wrong and so forth. So I don't automatically dismiss people still laboring under that worldview, however misguided it is. I was one of them, once, and I didn't mean hate on anyone, I just couldn't help being ignorant.

Same question, and sorry for writing an article.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

If you had to have a specific dessert every day, but it had to be same thing, what would it be?

HmmMMmmMmmmMMMmmmm. Maybe frozen yogurt. I think it's a slightly more healthy dessert compared to most others (assuming it's healthy yogurt). XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    How is everything over here in this neck of the woods? I haven't been around as much but still want to check in and see everyone. Will probably be a right pain in the neck tomorrow because I have a procedure Friday and must spend tomorrow hanging out trying not to be bored stiff at home, not able to do much besides sit watching streaming channels or gaming, chatting with people here.
    Today's Q Q is:

If you had to have a specific dessert every day, but it had to be same thing, what would it be?

HmmMMmmMmmmMMMmmmm. Maybe frozen yogurt. I think it's a slightly more healthy dessert compared to most others (assuming it's healthy yogurt). XD

At least here, frozen yogurt may as well be regular ice cream, it often has as much, or MORE sugar to over come the tartness in yogurt. It pats to find out just how much sugar is in it anyway.

If I could eat sugar without consequences though, I'd be an ice cream eating fool πŸ˜„
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    What people think my fav bands are like:

evil-burn.gif

What they're actually like:
    j3VcZlc.gif
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    How is everything over here in this neck of the woods? I haven't been around as much but still want to check in and see everyone. Will probably be a right pain in the neck tomorrow because I have a procedure Friday and must spend tomorrow hanging out trying not to be bored stiff at home, not able to do much besides sit watching streaming channels or gaming, chatting with people here. [......]

Nothing much for me right now. Gonna finish my 21-day 11 line ab challenge soon. I think it's 4 days left but I think I'm not done yet cuz I still don't have my 11 line yet but at least there's some improvement than what I've tried the past 3 years. 🀣 I'll probably try to find another abs challenge. It's super fun. :D
    What people think my fav bands are like:

evil-burn.gif

What they're actually like:
    j3VcZlc.gif

Blowing bubbles in the train station yaay 🀣😁
    There just chilling whilst making music LOL.

There's always gotta be the calm before the storm. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Ooey gooey chocolate chip cookies. Ones that are crispy and crunchy around the edges but most of the cookie is soft and gooey. I love chocolate chip cookies period, but those are my kryptonite. My will power disappears completely when those are around.
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Ooey gooey chocolate chip cookies. Ones that are crispy and crunchy around the edges but most of the cookie is soft and gooey. I love chocolate chip cookies period, but those are my kryptonite. My will power disappears completely when those are around.

That sounds nice... πŸ˜‹
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

That sounds nice... πŸ˜‹

They're sinful and heavenly.πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜‡πŸ€€πŸ˜‹

• Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

One mochi ball. I would normally have two but recently found out what the sugar content was. 😬 These were supermarket ones though so am not sure if there's less sugar in the authentic ones though.
    Am I allowed different flavours? If not then preferably chocolate ganache or choc hazelnut ice cream. πŸ˜‹
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

One mochi ball. I would normally have two but recently found out what the sugar content was. 😬 These were supermarket ones though so am not sure if there's less sugar in the authentic ones though.
    Am I allowed different flavours? If not then preferably chocolate ganache or choc hazelnut ice cream. πŸ˜‹

Have you tried milk mochi? That's my fav.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Have you tried milk mochi? That's my fav.

No, have never seen milk mochi before but they sound nice. πŸ˜‹ In my area some of the supermarkets sell Little Moons and Yo Sushi mochi brands but not a huge variety of flavours.
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

That sounds nice... πŸ˜‹

They're sinful and heavenly.πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜‡πŸ€€πŸ˜‹

Sinful and heavenly sum up all the best foods πŸ˜‹

You are very wise for one so young my sister.
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is something you liked it before it was popular? *Time to put on your hipster glasses* :tongue: It can be an artist, food, trend, show, etc.

Probably the band Imminence. They kinda just blew up one day and I was like, "Wow, finally people notice them!" 🀣

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgPujyXPM84
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

I'm following the master DeKay πŸ˜‡ She guides me. lol.
    That is partially true πŸ˜‹
    Me, as a master:
    97XQkMk.jpg?1

Can I say myself? Lmao xD I liked myself before I became popular at school ..... 😁

Noo ok I'll say Emmer and Rye which is a restaurant that opened a few years ago in Austin. At first people weren't sure about it but having ate there with my mom and sisters I liked - no loved it straight away. And before no time at all it was popular, extremely popular. Owners were lovely, staff were amazing and food was just too die for! πŸ€—

I had some good happy memories there.

Can you teach me how to be popular at work? 🀣

That restaurant sounds lovely!!
    x3vZicL.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top