Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,852 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    Name an unintentionally recurring theme in the kinds of media you get into.

It took me a while to figure it out, it's shows that center on strong female characters with casts that lean towards having more of the main characters are women.

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited May 2022
    Y'all a bunch of ashes. 😮‍💨
    Today's Q Q is a random one just for fun!:
    What color is your toothbrush?

Whiiiiiiiite.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Name an unintentionally recurring theme in the kinds of media you get into.

Uh, I guess maybe Slice of Life? And especially Slice of Life that is different than "normal".
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    Are you a fan of musicals—why or why not?

No. I don't know why. It's so weird seeing people just suddenly get into a song in the middle of a convo. So not realistic. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

It really depends on the musical. I hate musical episodes of TV shows tho.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh, yeah, I hate musical episodes of TV shows too. So dang random. 🤣
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh, yeah, I hate musical episodes of TV shows too. So dang random. 🤣

And most are so bad too.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Today's Q Q is:

Yes. I never gave any thought to why I love them, I just do. I wouldn't want a steady diet of them, once a month or every other month I'll watch one.

• Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited May 2022
    Today's Q Q is:

No. I don't know why. It's so weird seeing people just suddenly get into a song in the middle of a convo. So not realistic. LOL.

YEEEESSSSS! I prefer the more modern musicals (Greatest Showman, Chicago, Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals) to the older ones (Rogers and Hammerstein, Wizard of Oz era) because to me a lot of the songs in the very old musicals sound very similar.

I like a variety of song styles and moods in a musical (preferably a bit of humour too).
    My favourites, song-wise, are Cats, Phantom of the Opera and Monty Python's Spamalot (out of those three have seen Phantom of the Opera live).
    The most recent musical I've seen is the film Annette, which I enjoyed overall (Adam Driver's comedy routine is brilliant) but found much of the music had the same melancholy mood and tempo all the way through which I found a bit tedious.

I guess I like them because they make me feel happy. I see the randomly bursting into song during conversations as a pause and a glimpse into the character's mind and feelings about the current situation. An example that comes to mind is in Les Miserables when Jean ValJean (not sure if I've spelt the name right) sings about his moral dilemma in whether or not to let an innocent man take the blame for his crimes.
    I think through such slightly nonsensical experiences we can experience more of an emotional connection with a character, which in turn opens our minds and (metaphorical) hearts to seeing things from other people's points of view in real life.

Given the choice, I'd prefer watching musicals on stage to film versions, as with film making you can pause and edit out mistakes if you get your lines wrong, but on stage people have to memorize over an hour's worth of songs and dialogue and then on the night perform the whole lot accurately right there and then, without any second chances or pauses, and they do it! Have great admiration for people who can do all of that on a stage and sing it so well.
    And there's something quite magical about hearing and seeing real instruments and real people singing in front of you.

I will stop waffling now. 😅 Sorry, it's just a subject I really like.
    How do others feel, do you prefer seeing a musical or other performance on stage or in a film?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    [...]
    How do others feel, do you prefer seeing a musical or other performance on stage or in a film?

I've never seen a performance type of musical on stage before but I'd reckon it's also kinda awkward like in film. 😅 I don't know which I'd prefer.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    💔 inflation 💔
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh absolutely.
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    What’s the first thing you do when you are bored?

Open Youtube. 😂
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    What’s the first thing you do when you are bored?

You're never bored with ✨✨✨ anxiety ✨✨✨
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

graph.png

You are 39.2% evil, 26.7% lawful, making you neutral evil.

Neutral Evil

Neutral Evil people are primarily concerned with themselves and their own advancement. Their primary interest is in getting ahead in life. If there is a quick and easy way to profit, Neutral Evil personalities will pursue it, whether it be legal, questionable, or even obviously illegal – as long as they themselves stand to gain from it. Although Neutral Evil individuals do not have the every-man-for-himself attitude of Chaotic Evil personalities, they nevertheless have no qualms about betraying their friends and companions for personal gain. Neutral Evil personalities typically base their allegiance on power, money, and personal gain, which makes them prone to two-timing and quite receptive to bribes.

I am evel. I don't two-time or take bribes tho. 😂
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

graph.png

You are 39.2% evil, 26.7% lawful, making you neutral evil.

Neutral Evil

Neutral Evil people are primarily concerned with themselves and their own advancement. Their primary interest is in getting ahead in life. If there is a quick and easy way to profit, Neutral Evil personalities will pursue it, whether it be legal, questionable, or even obviously illegal – as long as they themselves stand to gain from it. Although Neutral Evil individuals do not have the every-man-for-himself attitude of Chaotic Evil personalities, they nevertheless have no qualms about betraying their friends and companions for personal gain. Neutral Evil personalities typically base their allegiance on power, money, and personal gain, which makes them prone to two-timing and quite receptive to bribes.

I am evel. I don't two-time or take bribes tho. 😂

XJMj0S.png
    You are 89.2% good, 18.3% lawful, making you neutral good.

Neutral Good
    People who are Neutral Good are guided by their conscience and typically act altruistically, with only secondary regard for whether their actions are lawful or in line with cultural expectations or traditions. Neutral Good individuals have no problems with what is lawful as such, and nor are they rebels by nature, but they believe in furthering kindness and good deeds through whatever means seem necessary to them. If fostering good means supporting an organized society, then that is what must be done. If good can only come about through the overthrow of the existing social order, then so be it. For many who are Neutral Good, insistence on either lawfulness or rebellion is seen as detriments to or distractions from the greater goal of promoting true kindness in the world.

I find that the different language translations seem to be a little different, or my understanding. I tested the Chinese version and the result is Lawful Good that is close to Neutral Good
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    I got Lawful Good
    People who are Lawful Good believe that an orderly, strong society with a moral government can work to make life better for the great majority of the people. When the laws are fair and the people respect them and try to help one another, humanity as a whole prospers. Therefore, people who are Lawful Good strive for a social order that will bring the greatest benefit to everyone and cause the least harm. Lawful Good personalities may sometimes find themselves faced with the dilemma of whether to obey the law or do good when the two conflict. For example, when upholding the law of the land would lead to unfairness or harm or when there is a conflict between two orders of what is right, such as between the ways of their community and the law of the government.

... I'm someone who enjoys a bit of satire but okay...
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    gI54uxA.png?1
    Lawful Good

People who are Lawful Good believe that an orderly, strong society with a moral government can work to make life better for the great majority of the people. When the laws are fair and the people respect them and try to help one another, humanity as a whole prospers. Therefore, people who are Lawful Good strive for a social order that will bring the greatest benefit to everyone and cause the least harm. Lawful Good personalities may sometimes find themselves faced with the dilemma of whether to obey the law or do good when the two conflict. For example, when upholding the law of the land would lead to unfairness or harm or when there is a conflict between two orders of what is right, such as between the ways of their community and the law of the government.

This makes sound a bit of a goody two shoes, narc. That's not me. This world is full of hate. I'm love. That simple. I try to make everything I do and say come from a place of love, understanding, and compassion. I really love making others happy, I'm still learning how to do that and still take some time to make me happy too. What can I say, it's just me.
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    Describe silly games you used to play as a child.

Oh my God, so many! Hmm, there's this one where it's a paper fortune teller thing. XD Do you guys have that?
    screenshot-1-500x500.jpg

And there's another one where we would use erasers and try to flip ours onto our opponent's eraser. LOL. And the eraser must be like this one with the country flag on it. Not just any eraser. 🤣
    cc558a21ef164fa8ff52f82ed8a8933f.jpg

[...]

This makes sound a bit of a goody two shoes, narc. That's not me. This world is full of hate. I'm love. That simple. I try to make everything I do and say come from a place of love, understanding, and compassion. I really love making others happy, I'm still learning how to do that and still take some time to make me happy too. What can I say, it's just me.

I'm the part with the hate. 🤣😂
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh my God, so many! Hmm, there's this one where it's a paper fortune teller thing. XD Do you guys have that?
    screenshot-1-500x500.jpg

And there's another one where we would use erasers and try to flip ours onto our opponent's eraser. LOL. And the eraser must be like this one with the country flag on it. Not just any eraser. 🤣

[...]

So, basically, we're both wasting our time running around cancelling each other out?🤨🤣

• Options
    Today's Q Q is:

screenshot-1-500x500.jpg

[...]

So, basically, we're both wasting our time running around cancelling each other out?🤨🤣

Yes. Balance. :D
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

screenshot-1-500x500.jpg

We did play with the fortune tellers. Or cootie catchers, as some people call them (idk why, don't ask lol). I also loved M.A.S.H.

Your eraser game kind of sounds like Pogs.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited June 2022

I got Chaotic Evil. (🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙. And I thought I masked it really, really well. 🤣😈)

People who are Chaotic Evil are motivated by the desire tor personal gain and pleasure (eh... true. But I derive personal gain from my knowledge base and personal pleasure from snowboarding and ice skating. And they are not known to harm at least one other person. Not unless I banged into them deliberately, in which case, I do not). In their view, the strong have the right to take what they want, and the weak are there to be exploited. (Sufficed to say, I have never used the "weak" or anybody for that matter as pawns. At worst, I tell them to get their act together. At best, I leave them be to find their identity). When Chaotic Evil personalities band together, they are not motivated by a desire to cooperate but rather to oppose their mutual enemies. (Eh? If I am motivated by a desire for both, what does that make me?). Such a group can, as a rule, only be held together by a strong leader capable of bullying his underlings into obedience. (I am often the leader. I am tough, but not unreasonable. And I certainly don't get my way through dictatorial means.) Since leadership is based on raw power, a leader is likely to be replaced at the first sign of weakness, or by anyone who can scheme to take his position away. (So is this still a representation of me who took the quiz, or an open floor to describe anybody? Because "good", competitive people operate the same way too, you know?)

Today's Q Q is:

We used to play Chapteh. One of these:

4118c789a4bc3b063f0fbd61824f3ac1.jpg

Operates pretty much like a football. We kick it high up in the air as many times as we can before dropping it. We conduct a score tally at the end of each session within our little group.

Oh hey, we have Chapteh here too. LOL. Needless to say, I stink at it cuz I have terrible coordination. XD

Today's Q Q is:

screenshot-1-500x500.jpg

We did play with the fortune tellers. Or cootie catchers, as some people call them (idk why, don't ask lol). I also loved M.A.S.H.

Ohhh, so that's how people play pogs? XD I never knew what those are other than they looked like discs. Haha.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

screenshot-1-500x500.jpg

Ohhh, so that's how people play pogs? XD I never knew what those are other than they looked like discs. Haha.

Uh, well, rules vary, as with most games. According to wiki

Rules vary among players, but the game variants generally have common gameplay features. Each player has their own collection of milk caps and one or more slammers. Before the game, players decide whether or not to play "for keeps", i.e. players get to keep the milk caps that they win during the game and must forfeit those that have been won by other players. The game can then begin as follows:

1. The players each contribute an equal number of milk caps to build a stack with the pieces face-down, which will be used during the game.
    2. The players take turns throwing their slammer down onto the top of the stack, causing it to spring up and the milk caps to scatter. Each player keeps any milk caps that land face-up after they have thrown.
    3. After each throw, the milk caps which have landed face-down are then re-stacked for the next player.
    4. When no milk caps remain in the stack, the player with the most pogs is the winner
    5. Rules can be changed depending on who is playing, and where they are from
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

screenshot-1-500x500.jpg

Uh, well, rules vary, as with most games. According to wiki

Rules vary among players, but the game variants generally have common gameplay features. Each player has their own collection of milk caps and one or more slammers. Before the game, players decide whether or not to play "for keeps", i.e. players get to keep the milk caps that they win during the game and must forfeit those that have been won by other players. The game can then begin as follows:

1. The players each contribute an equal number of milk caps to build a stack with the pieces face-down, which will be used during the game.
    2. The players take turns throwing their slammer down onto the top of the stack, causing it to spring up and the milk caps to scatter. Each player keeps any milk caps that land face-up after they have thrown.
    3. After each throw, the milk caps which have landed face-down are then re-stacked for the next player.
    4. When no milk caps remain in the stack, the player with the most pogs is the winner
    5. Rules can be changed depending on who is playing, and where they are from

Wait, I just searched on Youtube and it's different than the eraser game.

This is how it's like.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IvMiPJDcUc

LOL, I cannot stop laughing at this. This game is so dumb. 😂😂
    x3vZicL.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top