Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather have super-sensitive taste buds or super-sensitive hearing?

I feel like I already have both. :D But maybe the hearing one would be more annoying.

I'll opt for the later, having hearing loss wouldn't be so bad if it was easier with sensitive ears, granted it'd be easier to lose hearing in the first place. As long as tinnitus doesn't get even worse from having sensitive ears. That would be a nightmare.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

I feel like I already have both. :D But maybe the hearing one would be more annoying.

Hearing -

I think I have what you may consider sensitive hearing (don't know if it's "super") already, because I only have one ear functional. The 3 tiny ear bones in one of my ears never developed, when I was in the womb. As a result, the other ear does the job for both.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Taste definitely. I wanna see if Skittles actually taste differently.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

We have that in common, DeKay! So I know the hearing thing is the more annoying because...chewing sounds, any mouth sounds other people make, honestly make my skin crawl. The tastebud thing I can deal with because I almost never eat anything I didn't prepare myself. Hey, did or do you, also have textural or light aversions? When I was a kid, clothes really bothered me, and outdoor light levels made my eyes water.

Oh wow... I also used to flap my hands when I got over-excited, when I was really little, but grew out of that. Do you suppose....?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

We have that in common, DeKay! So I know the hearing thing is the more annoying because...chewing sounds, any mouth sounds other people make, honestly make my skin crawl. The tastebud thing I can deal with because I almost never eat anything I didn't prepare myself. Hey, did or do you, also have textural or light aversions? When I was a kid, clothes really bothered me, and outdoor light levels made my eyes water.

Oh wow... I also used to flap my hands when I got over-excited, when I was really little, but grew out of that. Do you suppose....?

I had sensory issues or something. Still do a bit. I hated bandaids, stickers (the good kind. I never minded the pokey kinds outside), makeup is a big one, and buttons. I still can’t stand makeup and don’t particularly enjoy stickers or buttons.
  • Options
    What's "the pokey kind outside" Mouse? I only know of stickers being things with adhesive backs. And sunblock lotion....yecccchh, right? By buttons you mean the ones on clothing? Do they chafe or is it how fiddly they are to fasten or unfasten?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    What's "the pokey kind outside" Mouse? I only know of stickers being things with adhesive backs. And sunblock lotion....yecccchh, right? By buttons you mean the ones on clothing? Do they chafe or is it how fiddly they are to fasten or unfasten?

U know... the tiny poky things that get stuck on your shoes in the grass. They sting a bit to pull out when u get them on your skin. Idk what u call them but here we call them stickers. Do you know those large brown balls with spikes on them that fall from trees? We call them spike balls (yes we are very creative with our names here). They are like those but smaller and in the grass and since they are smaller they get stuck on u easier. The ones with the sticky backs are the ones that bother me tho. And I honestly don’t know why buttons bother me. I think just the feeling of them on my skin, even if it’s through a shirt. Metal buttons on jeans never bothered me, just the plastic ones on shirts.
  • Options
    Mouselline wrote: »

U know... the tiny poky things that get stuck on your shoes in the grass. They sting a bit to pull out when u get them on your skin. Idk what u call them but here we call them stickers. Do you know those large brown balls with spikes on them that fall from trees? We call them spike balls (yes we are very creative with our names here). They are like those but smaller and in the grass and since they are smaller they get stuck on u easier. The ones with the sticky backs are the ones that bother me tho. And I honestly don’t know why buttons bother me. I think just the feeling of them on my skin, even if it’s through a shirt. Metal buttons on jeans never bothered me, just the plastic ones on shirts.

OMG yes! Those little Burr Seeds are what (I think) you're talking about! :confounded: I hate those ding-dang things! They hurt trying to get out too! They are FAR WORSE than the gumball seeds, which are the bigger, round ones.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

I don't think I have textural aversion. I'm okay with outdoor light too. But I do flap my hands like that but it's probably due to my autism. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

With all my food allergies? I think I'm opting for the hearing :joy:
    Today's Q Q is:

I had sensory issues or something. Still do a bit. I hated bandaids, stickers (the good kind. I never minded the pokey kinds outside), makeup is a big one, and buttons. I still can’t stand makeup and don’t particularly enjoy stickers or buttons.

Oh yeah, I struggle with stuff like that too. I have sensory processing disorder, so sometimes when I'm in a noisy room, I have to take my glasses off because I can't handle both sensory inputs. It's weird, but yeah :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

With all my food allergies? I think I'm opting for the hearing :joy:
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh yeah, I struggle with stuff like that too. I have sensory processing disorder, so sometimes when I'm in a noisy room, I have to take my glasses off because I can't handle both sensory inputs. It's weird, but yeah :sweat_smile:

Glasses can be bothersome. Luckily I don’t have to wear them anymore and I don’t feel the need to wear sunglasses. Noises never bothered me. Maybe because of all my siblings and my particularly loud grade (seriously. All 3-8 grade at least one teacher in the grade said that our class was the worst one they’ve ever had). I might’ve just gotten used to it.
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Would you rather have to wear sweatpants everywhere for the rest of your life or never wear sweatpants again?

Never wear them. I rarely do anyways. Skinny Jeans all the wayyyy.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Would you rather have to wear sweatpants everywhere for the rest of your life or never wear sweatpants again?

Got a side part to go with those skinny jeans, then? :D just teasing, the joke about Millenials and their skinny jeans and side parts vs. Z and their middle parts and loosefit.

I'd never wear sweats again, because wearing them everywhere, every day? I can substitute drawstring pants that aren't sweats per se, and not miss the sweats, but I need to be able to wear shorts sometimes. And like to be able to wear jeans too.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Got a side part to go with those skinny jeans, then? :D just teasing, the joke about Millenials and their skinny jeans and side parts vs. Z and their middle parts and loosefit.

I'd never wear sweats again, because wearing them everywhere, every day? I can substitute drawstring pants that aren't sweats per se, and not miss the sweats, but I need to be able to wear shorts sometimes. And like to be able to wear jeans too.

I used to love baggy jeans but then I realized how good I looked in skinny jeans and then I never went back. LOL.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

This^^^ Ive worn sweatpants I think twice in the past 3 years. One was for a plane ride and one was for a trip to a choir competition. So not much would change
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Today's Q Q is:

Only time I wear Sweatpants is during fall/winter when I go to bed. I only sleep in mine, no exercising or anything else :tongue:

Other than that, no way! I'm pants only (has to be in the 90's , for me to put shorts on) kind of guy!
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Sammmme, I'm a skinny jeans kinda gal. The last time I wore "sweat pants" was the warm-ups we had for swim.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather end every phone call with “I love you” or accidentally call your partner (or imaginary one if you don't have one now LOL) the wrong name during a fight?

Hmmmm.... I'll pick the partner one. Easier to explain myself... maybe. The "I love you" one seems nice but maybe could be creepy. Hahaa.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I guess ending every phone call with (assuming it's with my partner?) "I love you" because we kinda already do that. And we don't "have fights" generally. A few times, in almost 20 years of coupledom, have we raised voices, and never did we ever call each other hurtful names. If either of us said "shut up!" to the other it would be shocking because that's just not okay with either of us.

So I'll take the "I Love You" one, so long as that doesn't extend to ending EVERY phone call with it. Imagine telling the receptionist booking a doctor's appointment that at the end of a call.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather end every phone call with “I love you” or accidentally call your partner (or imaginary one if you don't have one now LOL) the wrong name during a fight?

Hmmmm.... I'll pick the partner one. Easier to explain myself... maybe. The "I love you" one seems nice but maybe could be creepy. Hahaa.

I'd rather not be saying "I love you" to the pizza delivery people, every time I placed an order! :confounded: Especially if you have the spouse in the room with you when you hang up! :cold_sweat: You MIGHT get away with it, if you tell your spouse that you said "I love you" cause you saw them come in, and didn't realize you were still on the phone.

BUT...

I also feel like after a while of being called by the wrong name (especially during the heat of an argument), your spouse would no longer your spouse! :angry:

To me, this seems like a "Lose/Lose" situation. Pick your "Lose" carefully :lol:
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

I’d do love you because it’s a lot easier to make an excuse for that and also you can say it sarcastically to certain people
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Both of those sound like a recipe for disaster, either the former means you'd be seen as cheating constantly, and the later would also make you seem like you're cheating.

But the former sounds perfect for any Don Lothario type people.

Hard choice.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    I guess ending every phone call with (assuming it's with my partner?) "I love you" because we kinda already do that. And we don't "have fights" generally. A few times, in almost 20 years of coupledom, have we raised voices, and never did we ever call each other hurtful names. If either of us said "shut up!" to the other it would be shocking because that's just not okay with either of us.

So I'll take the "I Love You" one, so long as that doesn't extend to ending EVERY phone call with it. Imagine telling the receptionist booking a doctor's appointment that at the end of a call.

No, it's supposed to be with every phone call with anyone. 😅
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

No, it's supposed to be with every phone call with anyone. 😅

ooh. In that case, I'd do the wrong name in a fight one, because we almost never fight, and I'm sure he'd believe me if I told him truthfully that I was under an evil spell from a wicked enchantress (you!) who made me do it.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    What topic do you wish you knew more about?

Maybe the wildlife?
    x3vZicL.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top