Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    Would you rather shovel snow or rake leaves?

LOL, neither. I'm glad I don't have to do either, but maybe raking leaves seems easier.

Unless it's under a tree thats actively shaking off leaves I'd go with raking leaves. Much much less chance of it being far too cold for me to feel comfortable in!
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I'll take raking leaves because it only needs doing once or twice a season, and I don't have to unbury my car from leaves just to go to the store, and I can burn or compost leaves, whereas snow, if it's coming down enough, it can sometimes need doing twice in an afternoon, we run out of room to keep piling it because our yard is so tiny and everywhere that isn't our parking area, is the neighbor's parking, or the street, or the house.

@5782341b77vl as for rats, they are predators as well as scavengers and if they move in, any mice you have will soon be hunted and eaten unless they leave first. However, solving a mouse problem by getting a rat problem would be regrettable, as rats are far more destructive than mice, having the same need to gnaw and chew, and breeding almost as fast, but having much larger jaws and teeth. And they're far scarier to come across unexpectedly depending on the size of them. And they are far smarter than mice. But one could be like the old lady who swallowed a fly, and then get snakes, to get rid of the rats! :D

Thanks for the Irish Spring Original Scent bar soap tip. We keep it around already, anyway. I've also heard of people using mint, so strewing peppermint tea bags.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

LOL, neither. I'm glad I don't have to do either, but maybe raking leaves seems easier.

Leaves. Snow can get really heavy!
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Leaves. My grandparents yard used to always be full of leaves and so we’d rake them up and jump in them. Me and my siblings also used to rake leaves for our elderly neighbor. Basically I’d choose it because of nostalgia
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Is it okay to just talk about anything here? I already shared this at "last thing you ate" thread, but I just realized: he's spoiling me rotten lately, bringing home Pad Thai the other day, and today, he brought this sushi:

u7EAIAvl.jpg

But it's starting to make me wonder why he's spoiling me so much lately. Maybe no reason?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    edited January 2021
    THIS IS SO GOOOOOOD, I'M SCREAMING.
    And they got no business looking that good in suits. 😍😍

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wI5Qc6Wxxs

Edit: Yes, Nush! We can't can talk about anything here as long as it follows the forum rules. That's the beauty of this thread. Hmm, yeah, why is he spoiling you? 😬😬😜🤔

Edit: I meant to say that we can talk about anything here. XD
    Post edited by DeKay on
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Woah, DeKay, you weren't kidding: they are PRETTY! And the voice is choice! Now if only they'd get the chick out of the way...Move, girlie! Blocking the view! :D

But seriously, other than the obvious "Alice" reference, what's she even doing in that video? It makes no sense to me.

As for hubs, maybe he's having an affair. I'd perhaps even deserve it if it were the case, but...maybe he's just doing it for...no reason? I should just ask. But he'll just shrug and say it's cuz he loves me. But if he brings home phở tomorrow...

Or maybe he's just tired of my cooking? Let's hope it's an affair instead! :D

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Woah, DeKay, you weren't kidding: they are PRETTY! And the voice is choice! Now if only they'd get the chick out of the way...Move, girlie! Blocking the view! :D

But seriously, other than the obvious "Alice" reference, what's she even doing in that video? It makes no sense to me.

As for hubs, maybe he's having an affair. I'd perhaps even deserve it if it were the case, but...maybe he's just doing it for...no reason? I should just ask. But he'll just shrug and say it's cuz he loves me. But if he brings home phở tomorrow...

Or maybe he's just tired of my cooking? Let's hope it's an affair instead! :D

My fav part of the video is when they snuck in those fangs he had from the other video. 😛🤩
    hgoTZBq.gif

I think the girl was just trying to get out of the endless loop of rooms. :D

Hehe, you should ask your husband what he's up to. My mom always ask me, "Okay, what do you want?? You're being too nice," whenever I'm super nice to her. :joy:
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Leaves, because then I would have a leaf pile to play in :3
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @bellagorilla that is a lot of fun. Though snow piles are terrific fun to play in also! Build a fort, dig a tunnel, have a snowball fight...

@DeKay there's almost no such thing as suspiciously nice, for him, though. I should just stop thinking about it and enjoy the dang takeout again if he comes home with that tomorrow after stopping by the store again. Maybe he is just hankering for takeout a lot lately.

That's funny about your mom, though! I know someone I don't trust if they're being unnaturally nicey-nice, that I might say that to as well.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    What’s the closest thing to real magic?

Hmm, anything bluetooth. And also the internet, of course. Still blows my mind sometimes thinking about how I can talk to someone from the other side of the world so easily now.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Hmm, anything bluetooth. And also the internet, of course. Still blows my mind sometimes thinking about how I can talk to someone from the other side of the world so easily now.

You mean like me? Lol. I kinda agree tbh. But to be unique, I'll say the closest thing to real magic is magnets. It used to fascinate me when the magnets would repel each other and not stick. As if there was an invisible barrier between them.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

You mean like me? Lol. I kinda agree tbh. But to be unique, I'll say the closest thing to real magic is magnets. It used to fascinate me when the magnets would repel each other and not stick. As if there was an invisible barrier between them.

Yeah, magnets are cool!!
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I'll be sappy and say it's love. I don't mean Valentine hearts and dates, or sweaty panting in the dark, or even ideals of chivalrous love. I guess what I mean is, that which propels us toward each other, somehow overcoming the force that drives us apart. Love is like Dark Matter: impossible to see or define, yet holding everything together when it should fly apart. The thing that makes it okay that we live trivial lives destined to end in suffering and dissolution, no matter what, and nothing we do amounts to anything, except that by connecting with others with an open heart and fellow-feeling, we created meaning, from nothing.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I'll be sappy and say it's love. I don't mean Valentine hearts and dates, or sweaty panting in the dark, or even ideals of chivalrous love. I guess what I mean is, that which propels us toward each other, somehow overcoming the force that drives us apart. Love is like Dark Matter: impossible to see or define, yet holding everything together when it should fly apart. The thing that makes it okay that we live trivial lives destined to end in suffering and dissolution, no matter what, and nothing we do amounts to anything, except that by connecting with others with an open heart and fellow-feeling, we created meaning, from nothing.

That's so deep, yet so true!!
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Anything that is a medical machine (CAT scans, EEG, so on) ! :open_mouth:

I'm just fascinated by this thing that can see inside my body and my head, without having to tear flesh from bone in order to do so.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    It's been raining since 1 Jan and it's still raining now!!! What is this.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Early monsoon due to climate weirdness? I dunno. The river used to have horses and wagons go across it and harvest large ice blocks for export, before petroleum burning became widespread, and now it doesn't even freeze all the way across, and while we still get blizzards, we also get crocuses blooming some years in February instead of April or May. Not even remotely normal but that's old news...the question now is...where are all the people in Miami going to move to, when Miami goes underwater? Or before that, loses fresh groundwater to brackish encroachment and people have to flee even before their living rooms are in standing water?
    The question is now, how to cope in the short term and figure carbon management out in the longer term now that we're faced with unavoidable consequences of decades of denial and coverup
    :#

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Early monsoon due to climate weirdness? I dunno. The river used to have horses and wagons go across it and harvest large ice blocks for export, before petroleum burning became widespread, and now it doesn't even freeze all the way across, and while we still get blizzards, we also get crocuses blooming some years in February instead of April or May. Not even remotely normal but that's old news...the question now is...where are all the people in Miami going to move to, when Miami goes underwater? Or before that, loses fresh groundwater to brackish encroachment and people have to flee even before their living rooms are in standing water?
    The question is now, how to cope in the short term and figure carbon management out in the longer term now that we're faced with unavoidable consequences of decades of denial and coverup
    :#

Yes, probably weirdness and my windpipe isn't happy with all this cold air. D:
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    And it's snowed over here for what felt like the first time in years earlier! I really might not be exagerrating by the years part though.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:
    Do you often sympathize with the villain in stories/movies?

I don't think I've ever done that... 🤔
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Severus Snape, but then he wasn't really a villain, was he?

Portrayals of villains who are compellingly sympathetic to the audience is pretty commonplace in literature and film, so I must have, I just can't think of any examples. I've disliked protagonists plenty of times, so surely I must have liked a few villains here and there?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Severus Snape, but then he wasn't really a villain, was he?

Portrayals of villains who are compellingly sympathetic to the audience is pretty commonplace in literature and film, so I must have, I just can't think of any examples. I've disliked protagonists plenty of times, so surely I must have liked a few villains here and there?

Haha, yeah, Severus Snape only was like the plot twist Villain in the first movie. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Today's Q Q is:

Only for the more well intentioned villians or ones who just consistently lose in everything, I wouldn't sympathise with someone like Tyler Durden (for very very obvious reasons) but at this point I just feel bad for the Galatic Empire losing like 1000 times across all the media
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Haha always. I like to think up backstories and reasons for why they became villains. When I played Ursula from the Little Mermaid in a show last year, I came up with this whole reason for why she’d gone bad and now I totally sympathize with her.
    they/he

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top