Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Oh, I misread that as the Best Confessional Givers.

If we are doing just one specific confessional, then I can do that but I rather be the one handling this countdown.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Oh, I misread that as the Best Confessional Givers.

If we are doing just one specific confessional, then I can do that but I rather be the one handling this countdown.

Now I'm confused myself, I meant that there will be 10 different DRE's from 10 different sims :) Hope I didn't repeat what you have said :sweat_smile:
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    Guess who is back in Australia :3

Aww, hope you've had a great time. :3 :smiley:
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Sim's Name: Evarrine Roland
    Show Name: The Mole
    Player Name: @Jojo777
    Link to episode with one of their best DRE: http://turnersthemole3.blogspot.com/2013/03/episode-8.html
    The reason I chose this DRE in particular is because it's defining Evarrine's personality, but this time in a different way than appearing loud, angry and spoiled. In a lighthearted tone this time, she still manages to display 1) her desparateness to regain magic, and 2) her offworldness for taking the written word as true, and 3) bashing Twilight along with it.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »
    If you want to do a countdown, then talk to me first before anything. And I rather if I do a majority of the countdowns and I rather if somebody else does a countdown once in a while.

Yeah, you should probably be approached first in the future, but it's a good countdown idea and Yannik already posted it so let's just roll with it.

Amen. Plus I found it quite clear it was all about the individual DREs.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    If you want to do a countdown, then talk to me first before anything. And I rather if I do a majority of the countdowns and I rather if somebody else does a countdown once in a while.

Yeah, you should probably be approached first in the future, but it's a good countdown idea and Yannik already posted it so let's just roll with it.

We COULD start doing countdowns bi-monthly: someone does one the first two weeks of the month, and then you (Jake) can do one the second two weeks.

I actually really like that idea. Seems like a good, fair compromise to me.

My biggest concern if it is bi-monthly and some countdown is taking a really long time to filled in nominations, then it may more than a couple months like the last countdown.

Plus, Yannik's idea is kinda too similar to the Best Confessionals simmy award so I don't quite want to use that idea.

We COULD start doing countdowns bi-monthly: someone does one the first two weeks of the month, and then you (Jake) can do one the second two weeks.

I actually really like that idea. Seems like a good, fair compromise to me.

My biggest concern if it is bi-monthly and some countdown is taking a really long time to filled in nominations, then it may more than a couple months like the last countdown.

Plus, Yannik's idea is kinda too similar to the Best Confessionals simmy award so I don't quite want to use that idea.

At the simmy awards, we only awarded real-life simmers, I wanted to do a Top 10 where contestants are actually involved :)

Is it sims or specific confessionals?
    I'm thinking specific ones might be better to get away from the Simmys, which was pretty vague and non-specific.

It has to do with sims, but I am talking about one specific Confessional of them, sorry if this wasn't clear :)

Don't worry, it was clear to me.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    To be honest why is everyone so concerned about the countdown?

This is a thread created for real-life players to discuss about the games the sims the haha-awkward-stupid-🐸🐸🐸🐸-moments. If you are interested in a specific countdown, simply submit your vote and just sit back and wait for the results; if you are not showing much enthusiasm, which is also perfectly fine, don't participate then.

And if people are really finding the top 10 confessionals/DREs theme repetitive, they might choose not to submit and the countdown would have to be cancelled so that someone can hopefully come up with another one isn't it crystal clear?
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    CURRENT POLL
    vote2-300x300.png

March Countdown:

TOP 10 BEST DRE'S/CONFESSIONALS

In a reality show every player is able to make Confessionals or DRE's. They either give you alot of sympathy points or make you the most disgusting person ever. Here we are counting down the DREs that that was ever said.

What qualifies:
    Of course we are not looking for the perfect DRE, we want to look at the little details. Pick DRE's which are Emotional, Captivating, Lovely, Cheerful, Sad, Angry, Even Cringeworthy, Entertaining, Memorable or the best way to describe it: UNIQUE. Either unique in the way it's written or in the way it fits to the contestant.

Every person is allowed up to 3 nominations. All three of those nominations can not come from the same show nor player. For example, you can't have three diary room entries that were on the Mole nor you can not have three diary room entries that came from one specific person. You can have two entries from the Mole but the third entry must come from a completely different show.

A nomination will only count if you use the below format:

Name of the Sim Who Gave The DRE:
    Name of the Show From That Sim:
    Episode Link To That DRE:
    What Made The DRE So Memorable:

I have updated the post but I have decided to tweak it with my own rules as I wanted to be more flexible and Yannik didn't really ask permission to host the countdown and I do not really want somebody who didn't ask permission to host the countdown to actually host the countdown.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    Name of the Sim Who Gave The DRE: Evarrine Roland
    Name of the Show From That Sim: The Mole
    Episode Link To That DRE: http://turnersthemole3.blogspot.com/2014/02/episode-15.html
    What Made The DRE So Memorable: Well, it is basically one of the longest DRE entries and I felt this speech really ended up setting up the narrative for Evarrine's arc for all future episodes.

Name of the Sim Who Gave The DRE: Morgan Hyde
    Episode Link To That DRE: http://turnersthemole5.blogspot.com/2016/08/episode-13-dancing-in-moonlight.html
    What Made The DRE So Memorable: This really shows how big of a female dog Morgan is and how she needed to impersonate Whitney in order for her to have people want to talk to her.

Name of the Sim Who Gave The DRE: Salma Guerrero
    Name of the Show From That Sim: Jetset
    Episode Link To That DRE: http://jetsetsims3.blogspot.nl/2016/08/episode-16-physics-and-chemistry-or-not.html
    What Made The DRE So Memorable: I find it to be a bit funny how "Darleen" ended up some comment that caused Salma to go back into the diary room to be in complete silence.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    CURRENT POLL
    vote2-300x300.png

March Countdown:

In a reality show every player is able to make Confessionals or DRE's. They either give you alot of sympathy points or make you the most disgusting person ever. Here we are counting down the DREs that that was ever said.

What qualifies:
    Of course we are not looking for the perfect DRE, we want to look at the little details. Pick DRE's which are Emotional, Captivating, Lovely, Cheerful, Sad, Angry, Even Cringeworthy, Entertaining, Memorable or the best way to describe it: UNIQUE. Either unique in the way it's written or in the way it fits to the contestant.

Every person is allowed up to 3 nominations. All three of those nominations can not come from the same show nor player. For example, you can't have three diary room entries that were on the Mole nor you can not have three diary room entries that came from one specific person. You can have two entries from the Mole but the third entry must come from a completely different show.

I have updated the post but I have decided to tweak it with my own rules as I wanted to be more flexible and Yannik didn't really ask permission to host the countdown and I do not really want somebody who didn't ask permission to host the countdown to actually host the countdown.

Wait a second, I announced it in this thread and I thought Vul was responsible to approve it, and he said it was a good idea :/
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    edited February 2017
    I think what Jake means is that he is in charge of holding all countdowns on this thread so he was expecting you to contact him for permission for hosting a countdown instead of Vul, who was responsible for hosting the previous countdown.

Maybe next time Jake you should respond faster before someone actually posts something :joy:

Can't we just carry on? :blush:
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    Episode Link To That DRE: http://turnersthemole3.blogspot.com/2014/02/episode-15.html
    What Made The DRE So Memorable: Well, it is basically one of the longest DRE entries and I felt this speech really ended up setting up the narrative for Evarrine's arc for all future episodes.

Episode Link To That DRE: http://turnersthemole5.blogspot.com/2016/08/episode-13-dancing-in-moonlight.html
    What Made The DRE So Memorable: This really shows how big of a female dog Morgan is and how she needed to impersonate Whitney in order for her to have people want to talk to her.

Episode Link To That DRE: http://jetsetsims3.blogspot.nl/2016/08/episode-16-physics-and-chemistry-or-not.html
    What Made The DRE So Memorable: I find it to be a bit funny how "Darleen" ended up some comment that caused Salma to go back into the diary room to be in complete silence.

I dunno.. 2 of them were written by the host, only Morgan's was written by Haylo himself. @YJB19299 does your original intention of this countdown mind that or not?

The choices are good, that's not the problem, just wanting to make Yannik's point sure.

I should nominate an AYTO one from either Ava or Cizika, but I have no clue which one, or if there's actually one where they *technically* talk in the Diary Room? Hmm. :/
    Banner.png
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    CURRENT POLL
    vote2-300x300.png

March Countdown:

What qualifies:

Good tweaks, but Yannik is hosting it now Jake. You can host the next one. Or you can co-host. Either way, he's hosting this one.

For future reference though, you should be notified or it won't count.
  • Options

I dunno.. 2 of them were written by the host, only Morgan's was written by Haylo himself. @YJB19299 does your original intention of this countdown mind that or not?

The choices are good, that's not the problem, just wanting to make Yannik's point sure.

I should nominate an AYTO one from either Ava or Cizika, but I have no clue which one, or if there's actually one where they *technically* talk in the Diary Room? Hmm. :/

Well, officially I'm not the host anymore, but I think this case would be okay :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    tumblr_lfqxx9bWgh1qamvmzo1_500.gif
    Would this gif work to use in the main post? :smile:
    Banner.png
  • Options

Well, officially I'm not the host anymore, but I think this case would be okay :)
    CURRENT POLL
    vote2-300x300.png

March Countdown:

What qualifies:

Good tweaks, but Yannik is hosting it now Jake. You can host the next one. Or you can co-host. Either way, he's hosting this one.

For future reference though, you should be notified or it won't count.

But you are.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    I think what Jake means is that he is in charge of holding all countdowns on this thread so he was expecting you to contact him for permission for hosting a countdown instead of Vul, who was responsible for hosting the previous countdown.

Maybe next time Jake you should respond faster before someone actually posts something :joy:

Can't we just carry on? :blush:

animated-light-bulb-gif-30.gif

I have an idea: a small list/planning of what will be coming up next. No more confusion.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Jake, start your countdown the 15th of every month.

Yannik, please get yours done by then :)

(possible structure: first week =nominations, second week = ranking?)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Yeah I am going to do a countdown on the 15th.

Possibly we may change it to a top five countdown instead of a Top Ten countdown just for things to go quicker?

I also want to state this for future reference- If anybody in the future attempts to do a countdown without my permission, that countdown will be immediately rejected and you can not host any future countdowns. I don't care how good your countdown. No permission = No hosting. Yannik is the only exception since I haven't established the rule.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options

You are. :) You set the rules.
  • Options
    tumblr_lfqxx9bWgh1qamvmzo1_500.gif
    Would this gif work to use in the main post? :smile:

Haha I like it, but it's up to Yannik. :p
  • Options
    Sim's Name: Morgan Hyde
    Show Name: The Mole
    Player Name: Haylo
    Link to episode with one of their best DRE: http://turnersthemole5.blogspot.com/2016/08/episode-13-dancing-in-moonlight.html
    (Short reasoning for why this Contestant offered the best DRE): Morgan's DRE in Episode 13 is extremely notable that I have to nominate her.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Possibly we may change it to a top five countdown instead of a Top Ten countdown just for things to go quicker?

I also want to state this for future reference- If anybody in the future attempts to do a countdown without my permission, that countdown will be immediately rejected and you can not host any future countdowns. I don't care how good your countdown. No permission = No hosting. Yannik is the only exception since I haven't established the rule.

Sounds good.

Hmmm... I'm not terribly opposed to shortening it to top 5. It has its pro's and con's. I'll roll with the majority opinion.
  • Options
    I prefer if we do a Top Five given how it can take a long time for ten nominations (I just have to add in three nominees in the November countdown and it took until February for there to be ten nominees for December's countdown) and we are doing countdowns bi-monthly instead of monthly.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options

Okay, if I knew about it earlier, I would have asked you directly :) Hope that everything is okay now :blush:

For the countdown itself, I'm not sure of a Top 5 would make this go quicker since I want to give everybody a chance to nominate people and I think if we get more than 10 nominations, it would be actually faster to have a Top 10 :) But that's just my opinion :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png