Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    Thank you guys... :smiley:

I sent you my congrats already through mail, but since I'm not sure if you received it well happy birthday! 🎉🎊🎂
    Banner.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Happy birthday, Alleen! 🍰🎂
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Happy belated Birthday Alleen ^^
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    Aye, Happy Birthday Alleen, Sorry I missed it. <3

I've been so busy recently I haven't been keeping up with the Birthday duties. :s
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Oh gosh! Happy birthday Alleen!!! I guess I should look at this birthday list wherever it is. I hope you had a wonderful day and your next year is filled with fantastic things! ^^
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    WIDM is getting English subs on YouTube by Marieke :D Will be watching it with you @M13Vulpecula
  • Options
    Oh yay subs! I'm terrible And cant do other languages as much as I'd love to ^^;;
  • Options
    I did manage to learn the word "kandidaten" by watching WIDM with subs :joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    I'm currently learning Dutch :3 So hopefully watching WIDM I should be able to follow along a little bit with what I know :P Haha but probably will definitely require subtitles XD
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Luckily I can understand them. ;)
  • Options

:P You and your bilingualism... Why don't you rub it in more ;) XD Hehe
  • Options
    I think the hardest thing about listening to media in your target language is how fast native speakers talk. Kids' shows tend to be more forgiving in that regard

• Options
    HayloHusky wrote: »

Rub, rub, rub...
  • Options

Rub, rub, rub...

So jealous xD I have tried so many times to learn other languages. Mostly I just no how to say hello in multiple butchered languages. And some broken french, minor Spanish words, and basic sign language.

My brain just can't seem to wrap around languages. I can't even speak proper English cause my brain smooches words together. Everyone who can speak more than one language are super impressive people to me xD
  • Options
    I can only understand Dutch because my language, Afrikaans, is originally from Dutch. But I must admit I can't talk it. ;) Or actually never need to talk it. ;)
  • Options
    I can only understand Dutch because my language, Afrikaans, is originally from Dutch. But I must admit I can't talk it. ;) Or actually never need to talk it. ;)

As long as you can understand what someone's saying to you, that's important :P So I'd say that you know it, even if you can't speak it XD hahaha
  • Options
    Yeah... :smiley:
  • Options
    Understanding by hearing is better than I can do. I can only read. XD I took 4 years of French and I still have to read the subtitles even if they're in French to undersrand what's going on.

And than I sit here and sing songs that are in other languages and haven't got a clue what I'm saying other than the Jambo song. I know that means hello. XD
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Understanding by hearing is better than I can do. I can only read. XD I took 4 years of French and I still have to read the subtitles even if they're in French to undersrand what's going on.

And than I sit here and sing songs that are in other languages and haven't got a clue what I'm saying other than the Jambo song. I know that means hello. XD

... It can be worse. I took 7 years of French and still have to rely on subs. XD So you're not the only one struggling with it. ;)
    Banner.png
  • Options

Rub, rub, rub...

A backrub would be appreciated though. XD
    Banner.png
  • Options

And I'm the opposite, I speak Dutch but can read Afrikaans. ;)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Yeah, French spoken by natives is difficult to understand. I tried watching Frozen in French without subs once and I was able to understand maybe 50% of it at most, and that's a kids' movie

My friend did tell me about a podcast for intermediate learners. The guy speaks slowly but uses most of the basic tenses, and I can totally understand about 95% of it. Plus there are transcripts. Bless people like him :D (It's Intermediate French or Cottongue by Hugo Cotton if you're wondering)

• Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    I can speak a little French, A little bit of German (Just enough to pass as a Tourist :D ) the only language except for English I can speak is Welsh (Not fluently though, Just basic) but hardly anywhere else in the world speaks it so It's not the best language to learn.

The Mole having English subs is a great help tbh, I find it hard to concentrate on watching something if I don't understand what's going on. :p
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    I can speak a little French, A little bit of German (Just enough to pass as a Tourist :D ) the only language except for English I can speak is Welsh (Not fluently though, Just basic) but hardly anywhere else in the world speaks it so It's not the best language to learn.

The Mole having English subs is a great help tbh, I find it hard to concentrate on watching something if I don't understand what's going on. :p

I'm a native Dutch speaker, I'm good at English (I especially work on my accent to sound more English, always scores good impression points haha), know some German, and a little French. (at least more than "Je ne parle pas Français", which has been considered the most important phrase for my classmates who didn't care about it). Also know a bit of Norwegian.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    WIDM is getting English subs on YouTube by Marieke :D Will be watching it with you @M13Vulpecula

Speaking of Marieke:

https://youtu.be/_anWhciVgoE

Subs confirmed. ;)
    Banner.png