Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of being a vampire

What do you do when you are tired of being a vampire? It was fun and all but I like my Sims to actually die eventually so I can carry on the generations.

Do you kill them or turn them to human?

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Since vampires are immortal I avoid allowing them to breed. I play with the human sims to die and carry on the generations.

How about the idea I posted - create a good-traited vampire, keep levelling up their skills (since they are immortal you only need level up their skills and you have a master forever), and move him/her in with a human family so he/she can benefit the family by mentoring, earning money by writing books, painting, gardening and even giving them positive emotion influences?
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    Well she's got three kids, lol. And no, that won't work for me, I can't play the same Sim too long, she'll have to die eventually
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I havent really explored that gamepack yet, i bought it when it came out and created my first vampire but havent gotten further than that due to university as well as part time job. But i would prob create a story where the vampire wanted to become a human again and after awhile she finally got the stuff she needs to be a mortal once again but that will only give her consequences with the remaining vampires who will hunt her family for generations.
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    edited February 2017
    Sorry double post
    Post edited by WiggleyTuff on
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Why don't you have her take a walk in the sun? Does wonders... >:)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I think you could just have her move away. Then later when you want to play here again you can. I'm thinking of creating an underground Vampire Retirement Center, maybe in Oasis under the park- easy to get something to eat that way, lol. Then I can store them there, you might still see them from time to time out and about but that would tie into being a vampire I think. As well, I've never tried it but I wonder if locking them in whatever I build will keep them from traveling about the worlds.
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    I think you could just have her move away. Then later when you want to play here again you can. I'm thinking of creating an underground Vampire Retirement Center, maybe in Oasis under the park- easy to get something to eat that way, lol. Then I can store them there, you might still see them from time to time out and about but that would tie into being a vampire I think. As well, I've never tried it but I wonder if locking them in whatever I build will keep them from traveling about the worlds.

I love that idea, I don't really want to kill them. I wish they could choose to become an elder.
  • Options

She's immune to the sun now if not that would have been the route I would have taken.
  • Options
    I think I'll just have her be remorseful of her ways and turn her back human, play her lifespan and have her try for another baby when she's older. Being the only human child she has I'll let her spoil him or her (hopefully her).

I'll pick one of the other kids to carry on the legacy until this huma child is old enough.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Since vampires are immortal I avoid allowing them to breed. I play with the human sims to die and carry on the generations.

How about the idea I posted - create a good-traited vampire, keep levelling up their skills (since they are immortal you only need level up their skills and you have a master forever), and move him/her in with a human family so he/she can benefit the family by mentoring, earning money by writing books, painting, gardening and even giving them positive emotion influences?

Wowww, a new Sasquatch?
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I've never been a huge Vampire player in TS2 or 3, but have enjoyed them much more in TS4. However, I am at the point where I am ready to cure my vampires so the family can move forward. They are at level 13 of Vampire Lore so they haven't learned the cure yet, but when they do, I will most likely use it.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hmm ... I don't really get bored of them because my vamps are all different from each other + I have human sims I play as well, so I rotate a lot between them and don't always get to play vampire related things. But if I really got tired of them and wanted them to disappear from my sight, I'd probably move them in to one of my "households filled with sims I don't play" after forcefully curing them and they'd die at some point :)
  • Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    I haven't used the game pack yet because I do not have it but when it comes to Sims dying etc... I always play on no aging and I dislike my Sims dying haha however I feel there should be an option to convert back to a human after being a vampire, mostly due to the sun being annoying.
  • Options
    AandasmumAandasmum Posts: 46 Member
    Saunta2 wrote: »

She's immune to the sun now if not that would have been the route I would have taken.

you could make the drink that allows them to change their vampire skills then she wont have the sun immunity anymore
  • Options
    UnrealRoot wrote: »
    I haven't used the game pack yet because I do not have it but when it comes to Sims dying etc... I always play on no aging and I dislike my Sims dying haha however I feel there should be an option to convert back to a human after being a vampire, mostly due to the sun being annoying.

You can turn them back plus you can also be immune to the sun.
  • Options
    Aandasmum wrote: »
    Saunta2 wrote: »

you could make the drink that allows them to change their vampire skills then she wont have the sun immunity anymore

Oooh, didn't know of that one. I'll use that for her firstborn after I'm tired of his wicked deeds and he's sired a few kids.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You could move them out so they still roam your world but you don't have to play them.

I normally play with aging off so I can decide who ages and when. However, I have considered having a save where one young, new parent is turned and spends their eternity watching over and protecting their descendants over the generations. Vampires in stories sometimes miss their humanity, so imagine how a vampire would feel watching their family live and die while they stood by in the shadows?
  • Options
    MiwaPROMiwaPRO Posts: 220 Member
    Turn her into a human and make her a vampire hunter!! I wonder that as a vampire, she must have level 15 of Vampire Lore skill, so have her growing a garlic, wolfsbane and plasma fruit garden. Prepare many Ultimate Vampire Cure drink (1 level of Mixology is needed), and go out in a mission to clean out the world from vampires, curing all the NPCs vampires that the game spawns after 10:00 pm.
    ***THE SIMS 4 - BRASIL***
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Vampires are one of My all time favorite chars to play in the Sims, so no I will never get tired of playing them in My games, :)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2017
    This is why I play rotationally.

every sim week I rotate between several households

the goal is to establish a balance, all my created families are incomplete, One is Suppose to be a family of Sorcerers, another Werewolves, Vampires, and then Humans.

So this way I get to play with everything and keep things from getting old. and I just added 3 new packs, so I'm a little over whelmed but I love it.

Unless it's for storytelling I would never compromise my sims beings for my amusement. if they're suppose to be supernatural they stay supernatural... like I have big events pre written but between those events its all still fun
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    If I ever get tiered of a vampire and want them to go away from the family, either I would move them out or they would have a nice little accident with the sun (if it fits my story for them).
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    edited February 2017
    If you are playing your family out of an ancestral home or something just build them a little crypt in the basement put a coffin in and have them hibernate for a few generations till you feel like playing them again. ;)

You could even have them become the old family ghost story after a few generations no one believes anymore till the curious teens wonder into the crypt and accidentally break the seal on the coffin. :D
  • Options
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    If you are playing your family out of an ancestral home or something just build them a little crypt in the basement put a coffin in and have them hibernate for a few generations till you feel like playing them again. ;)

You could even have them become the old family ghost story after a few generations no one believes anymore till the curious teens wonder into the crypt and accidentally break the seal on the coffin. :D

I like the way you think.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Someone is in the works right now to make vampires be mortal so give it a little more time a mod will be around for it soon.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you read the lore books, you will learn a drink recipe that you can use to turn any vampire human again. You don't need a mod.