Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of being a vampire

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    If you are playing your family out of an ancestral home or something just build them a little crypt in the basement put a coffin in and have them hibernate for a few generations till you feel like playing them again. ;)

You could even have them become the old family ghost story after a few generations no one believes anymore till the curious teens wonder into the crypt and accidentally break the seal on the coffin. :D

The problem with this is that whenever one of the sims leaves the lot and comes back, vampire sim will be out of hibernation. It's really annoying. I wish they would stay hibernating until they are woken up!
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 300 Member
    Mostly tired that i can't reconfigure my vampire abilities if such a option exist at all, tried the potion called reconfiguration or something like that but i seems to do nothing at all. Because i sorely regret i was ever dump enough to pick dampened emotion trait, biggest mistake ever it's a real joy killer, kinda not sure why it was not a weakness instead of a trait. Feel like you lose more from dampened emotion than you actually gain out of it.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Mostly tired that i can't reconfigure my vampire abilities if such a option exist at all, tried the potion called reconfiguration or something like that but i seems to do nothing at all. Because i sorely regret i was ever dump enough to pick dampened emotion trait, biggest mistake ever it's a real joy killer, kinda not sure why it was not a weakness instead of a trait. Feel like you lose more from dampened emotion than you actually gain out of it.

There seems to be a bug with that drink. Try making it again and if you get two DRINK options, pick the one on the right. That happened to me and the second time worked fine.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    If you are playing your family out of an ancestral home or something just build them a little crypt in the basement put a coffin in and have them hibernate for a few generations till you feel like playing them again. ;)

You could even have them become the old family ghost story after a few generations no one believes anymore till the curious teens wonder into the crypt and accidentally break the seal on the coffin. :D

...and that group of teens do a Scooby Doo and learn all about vampires and have adventures to cure him/her of the curse of immortality.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    There seems to be a bug with that drink. Try making it again and if you get two DRINK options, pick the one on the right. That happened to me and the second time worked fine.
    I had the same thing. Made it three times with no success (I "kaching"ed cheated to get her simoleons back) and the 4th time got smart and picked the right hand "Drink."
    Worked like a-well, a charm.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    If you read the lore books, you will learn a drink recipe that you can use to turn any vampire human again. You don't need a mod.

You do if you want them to remain a vampire, but still age which is what I want and I think many others do as well. Not a solution if that's what you want.
  • Options
    If you read the lore books, you will learn a drink recipe that you can use to turn any vampire human again. You don't need a mod.

You do if you want them to remain a vampire, but still age which is what I want and I think many others do as well. Not a solution if that's what you want.

...but, but...vampires don't age, 'cause they are vampires :)

If they aged, then they would still have the powers and be something else instead, not vampires?
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited February 2017

If they aged, then they would still have the powers and be something else instead, not vampires?

This is merely for mechanics reasons. Also plenty of vampires do age, there is a lot of lore out there about genetic vampires. I read tons of vampire fantasy novels so I know there is a ton of variation. I also know that one person's lore doesn't have to dictate another's game. Some people want mortal vampires myself included. A mod can do this and I don't see how mentioning it will exist soon is a problem or why others feel the need to say anything about it actually. Also for TS3 immortality wasn't by default you had to buy it as a reward. So there is already precedence set for mortal and immortal vampires within the sims.
  • Options

This is merely for mechanics reasons. Also plenty of vampires do age, there is a lot of lore out there about genetic vampires. I read tons of vampire fantasy novels so I know there is a ton of variation. I also know that one person's lore doesn't have to dictate another's game. Some people want mortal vampires myself included. A mod can do this and I don't see how mentioning it will exist soon is a problem or why others feel the need to say anything about it actually. Also for TS3 immortality wasn't by default you had to buy it as a reward. So there is already precedence set for mortal and immortal vampires within the sims.

My tongue was in my cheek when I posted :)

My knowledge of vampires is pretty old school. I believe that historically they were connected with an already dead demon possession of a live human. Most vampire fiction up until the late 20th century has always depicted vampires as living corpses. The recent explosion of vampire fiction has certainly changed the traditional view of the nature of the vampire.

As for the game. I don't mind if mortal vampires were a thing, but if that was the only option, I'd be pretty disappointed as that would be just another sim with some powers and pointy teeth.

Before the pack came out I was hoping there would be some kind of arrested development mechanic where a vampire was stuck at the age stage in which they were turned.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @fadingaudio I cannot bear to look at your avatar as it's the spitting image of my ex-wife! :D
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited February 2017
    I have aging off, I usually get too attached to let sims die.
    Yet, if I did get bored, I'd kill them manually through drowning.
    For Vamps, trap them outside in the sun, or turn them human first.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    My vamps can go out in the sun and can sleep in beds - it's just like being human, but with powers and a need for plasma.

They're in love, have the gift of immortality and spend their days together travelling, learning, experiencing new things and loving life. <3
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    My vamps can go out in the sun and can sleep in beds - it's just like being human, but with powers and a need for plasma.

They're in love, have the gift of immortality and spend their days together travelling, learning, experiencing new things and loving life. <3

I had Caleb and Inna (one of the noble vampires I downloaded from the gallery) fall in love and it was nice to see them behave like lovers autonomously at the romance festival.