Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BEWARE: Sims Vampire Control Emotion's "Burst of Anger" = Group Death

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @Sha2520032003 NPC vamps can auto feed just not auto turn anyone into a vamp. Great screenshot too. :+1:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    DaphneLuna wrote: »
    I wanted to test this last night and ended up causing 6 sims to drop dead in a nightclub.... :#

Same here. THe only annoying thing is where to put all the urns.

Maybe download or create a nice graveyard and put the urns or gravestones there :) Since usually gravestones are nonfunctional, this could make them very well be haunted on that graveyard.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    SilentSpy0 wrote: »
    My Sims are having a party and my vampire Sim wanted to cause some chaos so used her "Influence Emotions... Burst of Anger" ability.

This made everyone in the room switch to Enraged.

So far four of my Sims have dropped dead from being Enraged within an instant. AVOID AVOID AVOID

You probably shouldn't have told me this....,muhahaha cough cough cough....can I not do an evil laugh just once without a dry throat.....sigh!!!
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I wanted to test this last night and ended up causing 6 sims to drop dead in a nightclub.... :#

At a Gothic restaurant called "Bite Me" #JustSayin
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    That power was fun. My sim experimented with draining bladder and burst of embarrassment. She caused several deaths at the bar.
    01-25-17_10-14-38AM_zpsooutrnc5.png
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    So, we can now have truly evil sims that have the power to kill lots of sims at the same time. Straight up mass murder. I like it, its about time >:)
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    @SilentSpy0 Yes, I had no idea that's what that did. I was playing last night, & decided to try burst of anger....WHOA....4 Sims just dropped dead.
    I had to capture a screenshot....as I didn't know this was even possible! A vampire that I wasn't playing (the one in blue) she just walked up to another Sim and bit him, & he died (one of the urns). I didn't know that non-played vampires could autonomously feed/bite! I heard they couldn't but I was wondering if this could happen if their emotions like angry get out of whack. It was straight chaos!!

72shoj.png

vampires will automatically drink if their thirst reaches 0 but thats about it.. they cannot die from thirst but when their thirst hits 0 it forces them to drink (unless they have the trait that stops it)
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    @Sha2520032003 NPC vamps can auto feed just not auto turn anyone into a vamp. Great screenshot too. :+1:

@NZsimm3r Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that was even possible. Pretty cool feature.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »

Maybe download or create a nice graveyard and put the urns or gravestones there :) Since usually gravestones are nonfunctional, this could make them very well be haunted on that graveyard.

The problem is the urns cannot be removed from the lot or deleted.

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I like the idea of this ability but I don't like the emotional deaths, it just seems... unnatural. People don't die of laughter or embarrassment or anger (well, maybe a heart attack, but it's usually because of other health issues).

I hope witches come with the abilities to start fires, cause electrocution, maybe even summon a meteor etc. More natural deaths.

--T
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

I don't have any problems just dragging the urns to inventory and moving them that way.
  • Options
    LumpyGravyLumpyGravy Posts: 38 Member
    funny, could start a small cemetery!
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited January 2017
    To7m wrote: »
    I like the idea of this ability but I don't like the emotional deaths, it just seems... unnatural. People don't die of laughter or embarrassment or anger (well, maybe a heart attack, but it's usually because of other health issues).

I hope witches come with the abilities to start fires, cause electrocution, maybe even summon a meteor etc. More natural deaths.

--T
    Some directness would be nice, though it may conflict with the rating. I think this may be one of the areas SimGuruNinja was referring to when he talked about "pushing the rating" for this pack. Cause you can't directly kill and the ability has a lot of generalized functionality, so it's not technically a murder ability, but you can indirectly cause it by using the ability in a particular way.

Fires might escape breaking the rating as well, as long as it was just starting a fire on a particular area, rather than setting a sim on fire. Electrocution I'm not so sure. Maybe if there was a way to set up an object to shock a sim when they use it, but not kill them, especially if it's designed as more of a practical joke feature than something serious. Then it would be considered relatively harmless on the surface, but could be coupled with uses of Dazed to turn it into a kill.

Also, I must say, I feel like a terrible person talking about this in such a way. Trying to work out ways to have more death in a game. :lol:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Triplis wrote: »

--T
    Some directness would be nice, though it may conflict with the rating. I think this may be one of the areas SimGuruNinja was referring to when he talked about "pushing the rating" for this pack. Cause you can't directly kill and the ability has a lot of generalized functionality, so it's not technically a murder ability, but you can indirectly cause it by using the ability in a particular way.

Fires might escape breaking the rating as well, as long as it was just starting a fire on a particular area, rather than setting a sim on fire. Electrocution I'm not so sure. Maybe if there was a way to set up an object to shock a sim when they use it, but not kill them, especially if it's designed as more of a practical joke feature than something serious. Then it would be considered relatively harmless on the surface, but could be coupled with uses of Dazed to turn it into a kill.

Also, I must say, I feel like a terrible person talking about this in such a way. Trying to work out ways to have more death in a game. :lol:

Haha don't worry I know what you mean, I think this is possibly the only place 'killing' speak is encouraged :naughty:

I fully agree, I actually did mean it in the way you spoke of, like start the fire on the ground at the sims feet rather than set fire to the actual sim (maybe a spell back fire though?) so I'd be good with that. I just want something a little bit more "oh he died in a fire" than "he died because he laughed too much" lol. More directness, as you say, over more natural occurrences.

--T
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member

--T

Anger is actually consider cardiac explosion in the game I think. Surprised some IRL people I know around town haven't gone this way yet.

As for laughter, it is possible, albeit rare, as the giggling can cause breathing issues if not addressed which would strain the heart or if anything, cause one to choke. And it has been said that the philosopher Chrysippus died from laughter, although it was probably more likely drinking too much.

Embarrassment though...I could see it as high stress can cause one to get conditions, but it would be extremely rare.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    edited January 2017

--T

Anger is actually consider cardiac explosion in the game I think. Surprised some IRL people I know around town haven't gone this way yet.

As for laughter, it is possible, albeit rare, as the giggling can cause breathing issues if not addressed which would strain the heart or if anything, cause one to choke. And it has been said that the philosopher Chrysippus died from laughter, although it was probably more likely drinking too much.

Embarrassment though...I could see it as high stress can cause one to get conditions, but it would be extremely rare.

Haha at RL people - so true actually, when I think about it.

Didn't know about laughter although, again, now I think about it, being hysterical would effect one's breathing I guess, panic sure does, that I know first hand!

--T

ETA: I guess 'rare' would be a better term than 'unnatural'
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Bunch of psychopaths, you lot are. Can I join?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

I don't have any problems just dragging the urns to inventory and moving them that way.

I keep getting a "this lot has no inventory" message. Though can a sim put them in their personal inventory?
  • Options

I keep getting a "this lot has no inventory" message. Though can a sim put them in their personal inventory?

Yes, that's what they mean. Just put them in one of your sims inventory and take that sim to where you want the grave, and then pull it out again.

Done :)

--T
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    They can. My sim Crash currently has the ashes of two victims she killed, albeit they were killed on home lots.

ADDED: And for those scenes, she was added to family.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    They can. My sim Crash currently has the ashes of two victims she killed, albeit they were killed on home lots.

It works on community lots as well. Though I'm slowly building a graveyard at the local vampire lounge as well. I pretty much divide the graves. There are ghosts everywhere now.
  • Options

It works on community lots as well. Though I'm slowly building a graveyard at the local vampire lounge as well. I pretty much divide the graves. There are ghosts everywhere now.

Ah indeed. One of my sims buried his wife in the park.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    My home graveyard is getting pretty well stocked. It's practically a party at night. Same with the vampire lounge. Vampires can command ghosts so it works out nicely.

Untitled_zpsas2m9n8h.png
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Just tried it at a bar that was Haunted and it just made it more Haunted now.

I just now noticed with MC Command Center with the debug cheats on you can also force a sim into emotions also.
    However it's not as flashy and good looking as Vampire powers and my vampire sim got to met grim reaper so it wasn't a bad day.