Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire hunger and social bottoming out

Something odd is happening. My vampires hunger is insatiable! Whilst holding a blood pack the hunger meter is still falling... feeding on a sim tops the hunger meter only just into the green but it almost instantly falls into the yellow again. Feeding on a second sim immediately after tops it out to green again with the same effect as before...
Social skills are failing. I spent half an hour with one sim who had fallen to neutral. After 15+ interactions the meter had barely moved and the sim stayed neutral. Meanwhile ALL my other friends (7+) had fallen to neutral too... decay is in overload.

I've just run a game check and all files are clear.
I'm only running one mod...

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Have you tried pulling that mod out?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    edited January 2017
    Trying it now... Cut the mod folder and pasted on the desktop. Blood packs are doing nothing green or red. Just drank 3 of each and the meter is barely on half. Nudged the social meter to friend and made the sim sleep. By waking time it was back to neutral...
    Also just noticed that all costumes for 'dark sim' have reset and sims entering the household walk around in circles by the front door and through walls! Everything has become a bit... strange.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    There are a lot of Welcome to... boxes. Forgot how many expansions I've brought! :)

Things have changed... just not for the better. Following the above steps; the hygiene meter was zapped to zero with both sims, but a quick bath fixed it. Friendships were back to normal lvls but hunger is still not being fulfilled with either blood packs or plasma fruit drinks at the bar. Even while drinking, the bar is showing a decreasing icon. While doing this a friend had fallen back to neutral status.
  • Options
    freakyteen721freakyteen721 Posts: 173 Member
    I've had the same problem with social and thirst, it wasn't as noticeable when I had 8 sims in the household, but now that I have only 5 it's really noticeable. Also no cc and no mods.
  • Options
    There are a lot of Welcome to... boxes. Forgot how many expansions I've brought! :)

Things have changed... just not for the better. Following the above steps; the hygiene meter was zapped to zero with both sims, but a quick bath fixed it. Friendships were back to normal lvls but hunger is still not being fulfilled with either blood packs or plasma fruit drinks at the bar. Even while drinking, the bar is showing a decreasing icon. While doing this a friend had fallen back to neutral status.

Hello
    Try resetting the sims and see if that helps.
    Try having the sims move to another house and see if that helps.
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    It sounds to me like a conflict with your weakness and your perks it's not a mod problem go back and read what it say about that insatiable thirst, good grief people not every dang thing weird that happens is a mod or a bug problem
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I agree with this. The sloppy drinker is affecting EVERYTHING that the vampire drinks. This means that the blood packs (green and red) and plasma jane or plasma fruit are completely useless for the sim with this weakness. My vampire is going to have to devour three sims a day to remain in green for a night... perhaps this is something that needs in-game tweaking... Don't make it affect EVERY drink (unless the sim has the clumsy trait) just one every so often...
    The social is something that, clearly, had broken. It is fixed, I'm just in too much of a rush. :)

Thanks for the help everyone. :)
  • Options
    It is good that your social is working okay now. Perhaps you could have your sim make and drink the draught of reconfiguration to reset the powers and weaknesses.
  • Options
    RoozzyRoozzy Posts: 9 New Member
    I had the same issue with Sloppy Drinker, the decrease is insane. Nothing my sim drinks seems to get her into full thirst anymore, I had to reset her powers and get rid of the weakness, but I'd rather not have to. I think the Sloppy Drinker decrease in how much thirst you gain from drinking is too much. A Sloppy Drinker vampire is way harder to keep happy than an Insatiable thirst vampire, which seems the wrong way around to me. So I hope they can tweak that!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Roozzy wrote: »
    I had the same issue with Sloppy Drinker, the decrease is insane. Nothing my sim drinks seems to get her into full thirst anymore, I had to reset her powers and get rid of the weakness, but I'd rather not have to. I think the Sloppy Drinker decrease in how much thirst you gain from drinking is too much. A Sloppy Drinker vampire is way harder to keep happy than an Insatiable thirst vampire, which seems the wrong way around to me. So I hope they can tweak that!

It's a weakness. That's what it's supposed to do. Life is hard if you are a vampire.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    The weird thing is that my sim is getting fat, and I mean really fat. Trying to keep the bar just in yellow should not involve massive weight gain... ;)