Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    Aww, Benny.
    RIP Lysander. :'(

Poor Lyonses, having to miss their husband, father and brother and uncle.
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    I feel like I rode the Matterhorn a few times: up, down, jostled sideways, and very nearly thrown from my seat.
    SANDY!!! :'( It's so sad, and I feel so terrible for Bianca and her kids. Gosh, and what is Penny going to think?? And Daddy Thaddy??

BUT...

...not altogether unexpected. I was looking back on some of your previous chapters and I was noticing the verrrrry subtle hints you were dropping about Lysander's mortality. Not just his age, but his fragile human existence as a whole. This didn't seem like something that you devised simply for The Shock©, this seems like it was calculated and something you've been planning for for a long time.

You brat. :heartbreak:

Knowing you and getting to know your writing style, @LadyLobster, I'm seeing how well you set things up for the future--you are quite a little dark horse of foreshadowing, and now I'm suspicious of other things that you might be hinting at. Graham's loneliness seems to be sticking out to me....or am I thinking too much? Hmmm...

©WagonFruit <3
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @WagonFruit OMG, LOL.

@pammiechick Wow, I managed to distract you from your beloved Benny! Pretty understandable. <3 Maybe Hamlet will come back early though...? But I know who you really want comforting Benny!

@Sassie :(
    Lysander really does have a big family and extended family, and his death is going to affect a lot of people. There will be some rough times ahead...

@Haids5987
    I wish I could show certain PoVs now more than ever, but it's the kids' time now. Still, you'll see snippets from their PoVs!

And ha, I did make some hints that people picked up on...but I don't know if anyone expected him to go so soon. I never planned for him to go this soon either, until after I started this gen. But maybe 20 chapters in or so, I knew he'd have to die. :(

Clearly you're thinking too much, though. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options

@Sassie :(
    Lysander really does have a big family and extended family, and his death is going to affect a lot of people. There will be some rough times ahead...

What happened will set things in a new perspective for a lot of people I guess.
    Well at least Lysander died 'in the harnass' as we say here (it's hard to translate proverbs directly, but 'dying with your boots on' would probably be the best equivalent - though in Lysanders case perhaps gloves instead of boots? ;)).

And indeed an extended family, I even forgot to mention his father and his in-laws. :open_mouth:
    Wonder what will happen when they all come together at the funeral, and what happenings and insights will be nudged into motion. :smiley:

And glad that Benny did have that talk earlier with his father. :heart:
    Now curious to see the perspective of Leo, we haven't heard of him in an while. :)

• Options
    @Sassie ROFL, I love the sound of that proverb! It's hilarious, and very appropriate. ;)
    Thaddeus hasn't been around much this gen--or Bart and Corinne Blackwell--but you'll see their faces at the funeral. :( I filled every seat in the room.

And if Benny didn't get to tell Lysander beforehand, ouch, that really would've hurt him for a long time. So it's good that he got that chance, but a shame he didn't get to do it earlier.

It has been a while since we had a Leo chapter--poor guy, having to share with his sister and his sister's evil dog.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    I have a very important question; WHAT HAPPENS TO BIANCA'S BATHROOM DRESS NOW??!!?? :scream:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    I have a very important question; WHAT HAPPENS TO BIANCA'S BATHROOM DRESS NOW??!!?? :scream:
    It becomes her everywhere dress with Graham....
  • Options
    OMG you guys...asking (and answering) the important questions, rofl.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Aww Man, I know he didn't want it, but would've been kinda cool if Bianca had turned him at some point. Knew this was inevitable, but had hoped it would be a bit longer before we had to say Goodbye. I'm going to miss him. :'( At least he left this mortal coil the happiest way possible. I had a feeling he'd go out with a bang! ;)
  • Options
    @Karababy52 Bianca would definitely agree with you. :( And I'd originally planned to give him a lot more time but then things just worked out this way. :'( He was going to live to a ripe old age! And ha, he certainly went out with a bang. >:)

And now the aftermath...

poNrybT.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Best funeral ever.
    I love Bianca's hat with the little veil. Also love the memorial picture of Lysander. That's the way we all want to remember him. I didn't recognize "Benedict's old friend" but he's the guy in the Hawaiian shirt, right? And hat's off to Rhys for offering house room before his father could say anything. Looking forward to seeing Leopold's and Daisy's future children.
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT Bianca chose that picture, as you can imagine. ;) She wanted to remember him at his best. I never thought I'd have fun shopping for funeral clothes, but plum, I liked finding fancy hats with little veils.

Benedict's old friend is actually Finn! The guy in the Hawaiian shirt is Bartholomew Blackwell, aka Bianca and Byron's dad. His wife Corinne was there too. And Rhys and Graham aren't on speaking terms, so he would've been really unhappy if Graham had offered instead.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited March 2018
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Best funeral ever.
    I love Bianca's hat with the little veil. Also love the memorial picture of Lysander. That's the way we all want to remember him. I didn't recognize "Benedict's old friend" but he's the guy in the Hawaiian shirt, right? And hat's off to Rhys for offering house room before his father could say anything. Looking forward to seeing Leopold's and Daisy's future children.
    The guy in the hawaiian shirt is Byron and Bianca's dad if I am correct. :) Her mum is the redhead. "Benedict's old friend" is Finn.
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 Ha thanks, I beat you by seconds! <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Just realized after I posted that Bianca's parents, the "Curse" were there. I thought of Finn, too, but didn't find him in the picture.
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT Oh, that's because I only showed Finn behind! Hard to recognize my 8 billion characters when I actually take them out of their usual outfits. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited March 2018
    @MVWdeZT: pretty sure Hawaiian shirt is Byron and Bianca's dad. how dare Lysander die doing what he does literally every day or more? I thought old friend = Finn. Thanks @LadyLobster. Fast typer for using only your pinchers.

Batty was still the best mourner btw. <3
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @InfraGreen He dealt with his grief the only way he knew how.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited March 2018
    Graham needs to keep away from Bianca. If those two get together then Benny and Finn become step-brothers (or something like that)!! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Leopold, the butlerest of butlers. Keeping a stiff upper lip, honoring his fathers memory.
    Completely understandable that Benny wanted to be the one to stay with their mother. He's been lonely lately (but Leopold doesn't know that obviously).
    Leopold should just visit them as often as possible, just to make sure all goes well with them. And then he would have opportunities to talk to his twin.

Rhys offering Ophelia a place to stay, well it was an opportunity not to be missed. :)
    Leo, if you're not too busy you can reconnect with your sister as well, even though you're both almost 2 worlds apart as personalities.
    (and ha I wonder what Ophelia will do when see finds out about Leopold and Daisy and what (not) happened ;))

And that Deopold/Laisy (or Laysy? :smirk:) family pic. <3 Now really rooting for that ship to sail!
    Post edited by Sassie on
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 Both Finn and Benny will probably have Opinions if Graham gets too close to Bianca...

@Sassie Leopold is probably even more butler-y than his dad! Okay, definitely more butler-y.

You're right, Leo has a lot more going on in his life than Benny, who's lonely and bored at work and has a boyfriend in another country. Leo visiting could be a good idea, though...if Benny finally gives him a chance.

And hey, an opportunity like Ophelia needing a place to stay might never come again...! But Rhys was right, this could actually be a good opportunity for the siblings to bond. Or for Ophelia to meddle in her other big brother's love life... Glad you liked that pic. <3<3

Oh, and thanks for inviting Gal to that dinner party! <3<3 (And thanks to everyone who keeps me informed of tumblr goings-on. <3) She'd be a...colorful guest, I'm sure. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Oh, and thanks for inviting Gal to that dinner party! <3<3 (And thanks to everyone who keeps me informed of tumblr goings-on. <3) She'd be a...colorful guest, I'm sure. ;)

Ah word spreads around quickly I see :blush:, it spares me the (ahem) effort of mentioning it in this reply. :smiley::wink:

• Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    What a lovely way to say goodbye to an old friend! <3 I love how you can mix humor into even a funeral, there should always be a bit of it in every funeral. My husband and his brother spoke recently at a funeral and they both had us all laughing and crying. Just the way it should be, sad time happy memories. So much more I could say but everyone else covered things quite well!
    Thank you for always delivering a very well written well done chapter even with ALL the characters you have! <3<3
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited March 2018
    I love how Graham tried to dress in mourning colours.
    Also, the spray bottle artifact next to Lysander's portrait :mrgreen:
    :bawling:
    :heartbreak:
    Post edited by WagonFruit on
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @Sassie It does! <3 I don't even need a tumblr account, apparently! ROFL.

@haswh <3<3 I agree with you about humor at a funeral! It almost sounds incompatible unless you've actually been to one. But it's good to celebrate the memory of someone we love.

And aww, thank you, that means a lot to me! <3<3 I know I have way too many characters this gen so I'm glad I'm doing some of them justice. :# But next gen I'll scale back, I swear...

@WagonFruit His suit is pretty sloppy, but hey, it's gray and he has a black tie...! LOL. Of course Lysander's favorite spray bottle has to make an appearance. <3
    uduVcAP.png