Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    HI everyone,

Thanks Brennachan, so glad you liked Jaxton;s last chapter. Yeah your simself is quite a handful, she definately keeps the club members entertained!

Loved your story Asaoyoru, great job surviving your first 2 days! BTW the gems and unopened treasure boxes sell way better than the trash fruit! I just sell the trash fruit straight from my inventory and use everything else for my yard sale table. Welcome to Murkland :smiley:

Reggikko, love you not an alien family, I gotta grab them for Radioactive River (Willow Creek) as soon as I log into game today.
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    Thanks @Brennachan , @reggikko and @EuphorialQueen and @tammyjo329 for reading and all your compliments. I will purchase a few of the accessoire-packs soon, so I will hopefully not have the "slightly naked Sim" problem anymore, hehe. I thought you weren't allowed to sell stuff from your inventory, so I was slightly panicking about having ~2 billion fruits in my inventory at the end of the challenge. xD I will definitely sell my gems and frogs from now on, though. Just hoping to get a good frog for breeding and selling. *rubs hands together greedily*
  • Options
    solvorshsolvorsh Posts: 142 Member
    The first part of my Let's play is up! Let me know what you think and please give constructive feedback if you have some :)

Don't forget to subscribe if you want to follow the story ;)

• Options
    crissylp89crissylp89 Posts: 35 Member
    @solvorsh will definitely be checking out your LP! :smiley:
  • Options
    crissylp89crissylp89 Posts: 35 Member
    So I took a few (sim)hours to play the Mad Mudders and send them to the Pufferdome. Not only do I find out that one of the Mad Mudders married one of the radioactive raccoons (gotta love MC Command Center haha) but I now have two new tombstones out in front of the Pufferdome :D

Halfway to being a member and able to post pictures!!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    thea85thea85 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi have a question,

Where can i find the infected (zombies) family, because i can't find them anywhere
  • Options
    @thea85 I found them by typing "The Infected" into the search bar of the gallery and they popped right up. You could also try searching for them in Brennachan's gallery catalog, I think.
  • Options
    @Asaoyoru i found a family but it's not the same as in the game that i see on yt
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited April 2017
    tammyjo329 wrote: »

LOL love the update .. it is always so much fun to see the neighbors .. as i read I thought oh there is Rae .. oh hi Freddy .. Barb you are there <3 it feels like our games and stories are woven together ...

My comments are not showing up on your blog .. they must be going into your spam ..
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    solvorsh wrote: »
    The first part of my Let's play is up! Let me know what you think and please give constructive feedback if you have some :)

How awesome your first LP!! Very nice job! I sub'd :) I look forward to more!

You asked at one point what is optimal for recording time. I view a lot of them (I run a FB group and I like to keep newer YTers supported) and I will tell you to think of it like a speech or a sermon ... 15 min is shot and sweet and leaves you smiling .. 20 minutes you are inspired and full .. 30 minutes you are looking at your watch and at 45 min you are ready to come out of your skin .. <3

It is my theory in LPs and Simlit that we leave them wanting more ..never fill them up .. I try to make sure my stories can be read in 3 to 4 minutes (LOL FAR less if you are speaking goat)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    @EuphorialQueen i found them thank you :)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    lisabee2 wrote: »

LOL love the update .. it is always so much fun to see the neighbors .. as i read I thought oh there is Rae .. oh hi Freddy .. Barb you are there <3 it feels like our games and stories are woven together ...

My comments are not showing up on your blog .. they must be going into your spam ..

ohh no where can I find that I want to read it!! LOL I wonder why it would go to spam?

oohh nevermind I figured it out and found 2 others there too! I have no idea why it would spam your comment but I got it approved. Thank you so much for reading. :)
    Post edited by tammyjo329 on
  • Options
    solvorshsolvorsh Posts: 142 Member
    crissylp89 wrote: »

Thank you ❤️

You asked at one point what is optimal for recording time. I view a lot of them (I run a FB group and I like to keep newer YTers supported) and I will tell you to think of it like a speech or a sermon ... 15 min is shot and sweet and leaves you smiling .. 20 minutes you are inspired and full .. 30 minutes you are looking at your watch and at 45 min you are ready to come out of your skin .. <3

It is my theory in LPs and Simlit that we leave them wanting more ..never fill them up .. I try to make sure my stories can be read in 3 to 4 minutes (LOL FAR less if you are speaking goat)

Thank you for the sub and the tip! I will definitely try to keep the videos at 20-25 min, the first one got a bit long. I'm used to just playing for hours, so it is a challenge playing 20 min!
  • Options
    crissylp89 wrote: »

Thank you ❤️

Thank you for the sub and the tip! I will definitely try to keep the videos at 20-25 min, the first one got a bit long. I'm used to just playing for hours, so it is a challenge playing 20 min!

NOT to worry .. it was top notch and for a beginner .. very good!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options

ohh no where can I find that I want to read it!! LOL I wonder why it would go to spam?

oohh nevermind I figured it out and found 2 others there too! I have no idea why it would spam your comment but I got it approved. Thank you so much for reading. :)

SOO glad .. I thought I was slipping (sometimes I comment and forget to hit send .. but there were too many just to attribute it to operator head space :)

Awesome .. and I finally found Jaxson in gallery (I have no idea why I did not think to go to your profile instead of scrolling the Murkland tags .. DOH) I have a few murky stories in cue but he is def in the neighborhood and will show up soon :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    edited April 2017
    @tammyjo329
    Woot, woot, so many perfect plants! Even with the club, Jaxton's plants are doing fabulous!
    I loved that Mayor Epoch donated those club uniforms to the Dancing Trash Planters for their community service.
    Everyone looks so cute in uniform!

I’m also alternating between another challenge and am just starting to meet Plantsims in Murkland so it was great seeing Jaxton do it first.
    Now I know that the tree is HUGE! Gotta think of whose lot to plant it on, lol.
  • Options

SOO glad .. I thought I was slipping (sometimes I comment and forget to hit send .. but there were too many just to attribute it to operator head space :)

Awesome .. and I finally found Jaxson in gallery (I have no idea why I did not think to go to your profile instead of scrolling the Murkland tags .. DOH) I have a few murky stories in cue but he is def in the neighborhood and will show up soon :)

aww SWEET I can't wait to see him show up in the background in your stories.
  • Options
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »
    @tammyjo329
    Woot, woot, so many perfect plants! Even with the club, Jaxton's plants are doing fabulous!
    I loved that Mayor Epoch donated those club uniforms to the Dancing Trash Planters for their community service.
    Everyone looks so cute in uniform!

I’m also alternating between another challenge and am just starting to meet Plantsims in Murkland so it was great seeing Jaxton do it first.
    Now I know that the tree is HUGE! Gotta think of whose lot to plant it on, lol.

Hi Shizu, Yes that tree is huge. but I also did the challenge with Aspen Heath my main Murklander Sim and it fit well on the starter lot .... ummm that is after I deleted the bonfire! :smiley:
  • Options
    @Asaoyoru and @tammyjo329

I'm also under the impression that we're not allowed to sell anything except through our Come & Get It Store Table, which is why I bought the Buyer Beware Storage Chest to cache all my stuff.
    I've been using my trash fruit for fishing bait. If I visit another lot and find an empty surface, I sometimes leave a dozen or so trash fruits for the sims there to snack. I'm nice that way. lol.
  • Options
    Hello again @Asaoyoru
    I've been reading your chapters but not posting about them on this thread, like others do.

I love your Stardrop character, princess of misfortune!
    Excellent work with your 6 trash plants! I love your new word "trashure," lol.
    Looks like she's really getting her butt in gear on the success train.

Alas, poor Stardrop! She arises and emerges from her tent with such hope in the morning!
    Only to go to bed at night looking a grungy, angry mess. *sheds a tear
  • Options

@lisabee2

I've been meditating on your comment about optimal simlit chapter length.
    And...durn it, my chapters tend to run between 20-25 images because 25 is the image-max at Carl's Forum where I started posting Simlit.
    Does 3-4 minutes of reading translate to about 15 images, considering I don't write all that much?
    Would love to hear advice and suggestions about that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top