Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    hahahahahahahahahaha! Ok so I thought I got Minky River's body to fluffy, turns out I didn't! After a look at before and after Murkland I have figured out that she might be the first sim to get fat in Murkland, it's gotta be all that extra trash fruit she eats.... she's taken a liking to it! I don't know why I didn't notice but she's almost twice the size she started out... So she's not getting a makeover after all, but I think she's gunna have to go do some exercises... I think I might have to add them into her daily routine or something...
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    Hey everyone! I've been a lurker for a while lol. I have been playing Murkland off and on for about a month. I'm really enjoying it! I have a couple chapters written up and published, and I'll be playing some Murkland today. I may not publish very often (the Drifter challenge keeps me pretty busy lol), but I should have an update about once a week. I'm not a storyteller, so mine is basically commentary style. I've started reading everyone's blogs, and I'm slowly getting through them. I'm enjoying reading as much as I am playing lol!

Here's my Intro and first two chapters :)

Intro

Chapter 1

Chatper 2

@misfit091376 -- you found one of the slippery marshes of Murkland! Yay! the link for Chapter Two didn't work but I was able to find the chapter here: https://misfitsims1.wordpress.com/2017/04/13/chapter-2-stupid-vampire/ Vlad cracks me up! Those zebra speedos! :D
  • NicknellFamilyNicknellFamily Posts: 57 Member
    @SoulGal7 Thank you for posting that screenshot of Caterina as a plantsim! She does look happy to be green.
    Thank you all for helping me to "Own the Store"! It was a great adventure.
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm just starting this challenge out. The amount of effort you've put into this is incredible and it looks awesome! I posted my sim, Aster, on the gallery and I'm gonna try to do a story around the challenge, but I'm probably gonna write a couple chapters of it before posting them anywhere because I've never done a story with sims before. :blush: Anyways, I'm excited and here's Aster:
    x4x1l.jpg
  • reggikkoreggikko Posts: 76 Member
    @Brennachan, what should we do once our Sim finishes Friend of the World? Normally I would just choose another aspiration but I don't want to start working on another aspiration that might affect the second challenge. I'm just waiting for plants to get to perfect and I think I need one more dance skill point. I guess I need to think about posting a story of sorts somewhere!
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited April 2017
    Waves at MIsfit!! HI, so glad you came over to the murky side to join in our fun! I read y our blog and looks like you are getting a good murky start on this challenge! I love seeing another drifter getting murky! Both challenges are so much fun.

Congrats Minky on almost finishing the first challenge!

Spacey, love your no cc murky sim versions! I've already moved them into Radioactive River (Willow Creek). Sorry Nukecrest was already full. I'm sure they will love their new murky homes!

I think I must have spent a half hour looking at and moving in new murky sims. You all have created some really awesome murky sims! Thanks for sharing them. :smiley:

Ohh and I finally have Jaxton's new chapter up and ready: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/introduction-to-a-murky-story-in-nukecrest/chapter-7-the-trash-planters/
    Post edited by tammyjo329 on
    edited April 2017
    minkydpain wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahaha! Ok so I thought I got Minky River's body to fluffy, turns out I didn't! After a look at before and after Murkland I have figured out that she might be the first sim to get fat in Murkland, it's gotta be all that extra trash fruit she eats.... she's taken a liking to it! I don't know why I didn't notice but she's almost twice the size she started out... So she's not getting a makeover after all, but I think she's gunna have to go do some exercises... I think I might have to add them into her daily routine or something...

The gluttonous trait will do that. I like the trait because it allows the sim to eat out of the trashcan or eat spoiled food BUT the downsize is that they eat a lot and gain weight.
    hannaht413 wrote: »
    I'm just starting this challenge out. The amount of effort you've put into this is incredible and it looks awesome! I posted my sim, Aster, on the gallery and I'm gonna try to do a story around the challenge, but I'm probably gonna write a couple chapters of it before posting them anywhere because I've never done a story with sims before. :blush: Anyways, I'm excited and here's Aster:
    x4x1l.jpg

She's so cute!
    reggikko wrote: »
    @Brennachan, what should we do once our Sim finishes Friend of the World? Normally I would just choose another aspiration but I don't want to start working on another aspiration that might affect the second challenge. I'm just waiting for plants to get to perfect and I think I need one more dance skill point. I guess I need to think about posting a story of sorts somewhere!

Don't start another aspiration because Challenge 2 will have another one (I can't give it away and it will depend on which challenge you end up playing) but you can save your game after you finish and then do some side games. You could do the library challenge and write books for the library. You could do the Plantsim Challenge in Murkland (it's hard because you have to leave your lot to get watered). You can do a story. You can just play around in Murkland. I will have the Challenges up soon. I am working on them. Just play testing in taking way longer than I thought! Ooops!
    I am going to start the Library side challenge. I hate to leave my home lot too much because the longer I am away, the longer it takes for my plants to evolve!
  • minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    Brennachan wrote: »

Don't start another aspiration because Challenge 2 will have another one (I can't give it away and it will depend on which challenge you end up playing) but you can save your game after you finish and then do some side games. You could do the library challenge and write books for the library. You could do the Plantsim Challenge in Murkland (it's hard because you have to leave your lot to get watered). You can do a story. You can just play around in Murkland. I will have the Challenges up soon. I am working on them. Just play testing in taking way longer than I thought! Ooops!

Can you note this in the starter challenge info, because I started a couple of other aspirations. I didn't go very far on any of them so it should be ok but would have probly been been better for future challanges if I hadn't.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Spacey72659 & @hannaht413 - your sims are so cool! Very murky! Great job!
    minkydpain wrote: »

Can you note this in the starter challenge info, because I started a couple of other aspirations. I didn't go very far on any of them so it should be ok but would have probly been been better for future challanges if I hadn't.

Of course! I will add it now. No worries, if you did multiple aspirations, started some, what have you. The challenge is a evolving and changing all the time. I never really made that clear so my bad! :smiley:
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Hi All! Here is another build for my Nukecrest neighbors. Enjoy! [\img]apocalypse_life.png

Downloaded - gonna add this when I play this save next :D
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    Waves at MIsfit!! HI, so glad you came over to the murky side to join in our fun! I read y our blog and looks like you are getting a good murky start on this challenge! I love seeing another drifter getting murky! Both challenges are so much fun.

Congrats Minky on almost finishing the first challenge!

Spacey, love your no cc murky sim versions! I've already moved them into Radioactive River (Willow Creek). Sorry Nukecrest was already full. I'm sure they will love their new murky homes!

I think I must have spent a half hour looking at and moving in new murky sims. You all have created some really awesome murky sims! Thanks for sharing them. :smiley:

Ohh and I finally have Jaxton's new chapter up and ready: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/introduction-to-a-murky-story-in-nukecrest/chapter-7-the-trash-planters/
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Spacey72659 & @hannaht413 - your sims are so cool! Very murky! Great job!

• Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    @Spacey72659 Oooh, I love the no-cc versions of your murky sims!
    Thanks for providing the links #Brennachan , now I know what to look for later! :)

@NicknellFamily Congrats on the Maxis fave! she's so cute!

@hannaht413 Welcome to Murkland!

@tammyjo329 I just read your latest chapter! Jaxton looks like he's having so much fun! When Jaxton completes his runaway challenge,
    will you begin the Murkland Starter with Aspen Heath? Then we could read more of your stories, lol.

@reggikko Yes, please write a story! I love your storytelling!

Best wishes to everyone for a marvelously murky weekend! <3
    @Shizu9no1 If I could figure out how I can get enough posts/points to be able to post a link I just might do it! :D
  • Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    edited April 2017
    @reggiko
    To earn about half of the initial 50 post, I also went to the Off-Topic Chat forums and played some of the games there.
    Other players in those boards give you Likes for being funny, too.

Alternately, in the meantime, if you mention me when you post your link, I'd also be happy to repost it as a clickable link.
    Post edited by Shizu9no1 on
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »
    @reggiko
    To earn about half of the initial 50 post, I also went to the Off-Topic Chat forums and played some of the games there.
    Other players in those boards give you Likes for being funny, too.

Alternately, in the meantime, if you mention me when you post your link, I'd also be happy to repost it as a clickable link.

me too :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    hannaht413 wrote: »
    x4x1l.jpg

That is awesome would love to read it ...
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Congratulations to @Nejioranaid (aka anchesenamon) for a Maxis Fav for her household Back

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F122ACCBFECF11E689D95FCC3DBFD9B8
    17951514_1892099851050456_7754139293841502623_n.jpg?oh=c4f6840af19a71cc90a13a188b3d535e&oe=5954C7BB
    Kangee is looking mighty fine :)

LOL yep he sure is!!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Thanks Shizu, so glad you like my last chapter. Aspen has already completed the first challenge.... I forgot to take pics while I was playing her. Yeah, I was so engrossed in completing the challenge that I forgot to take pics during the first half of her challenge. By then it was too late to do a story. I think I will do a short story with her though for the library room side challenge!

Reggikko, I didn't know you were still working on your membership points. Just go to all of the forum categories and make some comments on as many posts as you can. I am going to go back and make sure I gave you likes for all of your comments posts I can find. I am pretty sure you get points for those too. Hope you get your points soon!
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    Thanks Shizu, so glad you like my last chapter. Aspen has already completed the first challenge.... I forgot to take pics while I was playing her. Yeah, I was so engrossed in completing the challenge that I forgot to take pics during the first half of her challenge. By then it was too late to do a story. I think I will do a short story with her though for the library room side challenge!

Reggikko, I didn't know you were still working on your membership points. Just go to all of the forum categories and make some comments on as many posts as you can. I am going to go back and make sure I gave you likes for all of your comments posts I can find. I am pretty sure you get points for those too. Hope you get your points soon!

Aww, Thanks, TammyJo! My profile now says "Member." Yay!
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    This sounds like such a great challenge with interesting plot-potential! I think I will try this as a sidegame to my legacy. The work you put in here is amazing! :smile:
    Now that Sim Reggikko has a ton of cash, here's my M-W-F routine.

1. Go to Granite Falls and have a nice long shower.

2. Spend some time fishing.
    gffishing.jpg

3. Catch a dragon dragonfly.
    dragondragonfly.jpg

4. Profit!
    profit.jpg

When you go to Granite Falls, note the time that the dragon dragonfly spawns in your game. It will pretty much always spawn at around the same time, give or take an hour or so. Mine spawns between 11:30 AM and 1 PM. You have to arrive a couple of hours beforehand to get it to spawn consistently, but that gives you enough time to shower and eat if you are hungry. The whole thing should take around 3-4 hours. Marked up 100% on the flea market table, it sells for $1200.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top