Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

kids need more kid things to do

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’m still disappointed that that dollhouse that looks like a tree isn’t an actual tree house.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want a pack with toys and all new kid interactions
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Honestly these vacations are like watching paint dry. Not only kids need more fun but also adults.
  • Options
    Honestly these vacations are like watching paint dry. Not only kids need more fun but also adults.

more fun all around
  • Options
    HeyitsmesierraHeyitsmesierra Posts: 70 Member
    I love the sleepovers idea!
  • Options
    HeyitsmesierraHeyitsmesierra Posts: 70 Member
    Why have play dates when you can't beg your parents to stay the night?? lol
  • Options
    Why have play dates when you can't beg your parents to stay the night?? lol

agreed
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    they need to bring back the head master from sims 2 that's really fun
    they also need to bring back the xylophone for toddlers
    and the rocking horse from sims 3
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Don't care about the kids. Or the toddlers. Just make it fun and interesting for the YAs. Then branch out.
  • Options
    NikkiIsisNikkiIsis Posts: 44 Member
    I hope that in a Generations/Family Time EP or even a Sleepover SP will come soon. I think there could really be some exciting new gameplay if they added sleepovers/slumber parties into the game.

* Blanket Forts- a new object that our child sims could play make-believe role-playing games in.
    * Pillow Fights
    * Jumping on Bed
    * Play Dress-Up with blankets and paper masks/hats
    * Play Muddy Mary (this idea I had awhile back on a less terrifying game Bloody Mary- an interactive objects where Muddy Mary appears and if she appears she could grant child sim a wish or give them a negative moodlet/scare child sim).
    * Play Hide 'n Seek/Tag
    * Tell ghost stories with a flashlight.
    * Shadow Puppets.
    * Become Homesick
    * Prank Parents

<3<3<3<3
    awesome idea!
  • Options
    NikkiIsisNikkiIsis Posts: 44 Member
    loosing teeth would be a good one then they could put the tooth under their pillow
    and get a toy from the tooth fairy

that would be cool and even cooler if the parent "forgot" to put the toy under the pillow the child could have a sad moodlet or a angry moodlet.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Don't care about the kids. Or the toddlers. Just make it fun and interesting for the YAs. Then branch out.

@fullspiral I think you should make a thread of young adult things to do since you feel so strongly about it
  • Options
    merry go round
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They need games to play not just toys and clothes. Bring back Cops & Robbers, hopscotch, jumping rope, catch, girls dancing on their Dads shoes, the costume box, the invisible friend, etc. All those great things kids could do.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They need games to play not just toys and clothes. Bring back Cops & Robbers, hopscotch, jumping rope, catch, girls dancing on their Dads shoes, the costume box, the invisible friend, etc. All those great things kids could do.

I agree
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @Dannydanbo I absolutely agree about this. Not every game or interaction has to have an object tied to it. I really wish kids could play games like tag, hide-and-seek (don't know how hard that one would be to implement) or those games where they clap their hands in a certain rhythm. There are so many things that could be added. I want to see kids play together without a playground structure or videogame console.
  • Options
    @Dannydanbo I absolutely agree about this. Not every game or interaction has to have an object tied to it. I really wish kids could play games like tag, hide-and-seek (don't know how hard that one would be to implement) or those games where they clap their hands in a certain rhythm. There are so many things that could be added. I want to see kids play together without a playground structure or videogame console.

yes I think those are things kids need the most in sims 4
  • Options
    they also need more ways to get in to trouble like leaving toys for adults to step on or eating candy before dinner >:)
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited April 2018
    I also asked myself recently: Why can't kids just do some rope skipping (like in TS2) or play hopscotch (like in TS3)?
    And for big families we also need bunk beds!
    Since we have "Parenthood" we could also have more things could get punished for or new punishments. As mentioned above me: Eating candy before dinner could lead to be sent to bed immediatley or as a punishment "No candy for one/three/five day(s)."
    Friend kids know from school should come over more often and they should have some fun stuff to do e.g.:
    - play football in the garden
    - play in a sandbox and build sand castles
    - play in a treehouse
    - play with a tea set
    - dress up
    - an oven like in TS3 with the option to sell the cakes/muffins/cupcakes
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Erja888 wrote: »
    I also asked myself recently: Why can't kids just do some rope skipping (like in TS2) or play hopscotch (like in TS3)?
    And for big families we also need bunk beds!
    Since we have "Parenthood" we could also have more things could get punished for or new punishments. As mentioned above me: Eating candy before dinner could lead to be sent to bed immediatley or as a punishment "No candy for one/three/five day(s)."
    Friend kids know from school should come over more often and they should have some fun stuff to do e.g.:
    - play football in the garden
    - play in a sandbox and build sand castles
    - play in a treehouse
    - play with a tea set
    - dress up
    - an oven like in TS3 with the option to sell the cakes/muffins/cupcakes

I agree
  • Options
    well we're getting swings that's one thing down and so many more to go
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    What kids really need is the option to play together without an object should not need a huge playground object or a toy. I'd like to see things like...

- Diving rings and Marco Polo in the pool
    - Tag
    - Hide and Seek
    - Pillow fights
    - Jumping rope
    - Playing catch

Glad to see Seasons at least adding in water balloon fights but they need so much more.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    What kids really need is the option to play together without an object should not need a huge playground object or a toy. I'd like to see things like...

- Diving rings and Marco Polo in the pool
    - Tag
    - Hide and Seek
    - Pillow fights
    - Jumping rope
    - Playing catch

Glad to see Seasons at least adding in water balloon fights but they need so much more.

agreed I want these things to
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd love to have a short table for kids to have a tea party (with costumes) and adults could join by squatting down on those tiny chairs or make the big stuffed animals able to sit there too. Every kid has tea with their stuffed friends. And we need a doll. There isn't any doll that a little kid could cuddle with in bed. Or a teddy bear.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I was watching the Showtime trailer and it occurred to me, what if you could have child stars, having to balance their school and their career.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.