Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• Options
    JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    @Erica87 This is the sim I'm using for my 100 Baby Challenge, Elizabeth Brooke!

33p4n02.jpg
    Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • Options
    RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    Rhea now has four children, two sets of twins, and the first set I was able to get three skills completed one day before they aged up. Now Juliette and Juliana are children, while Hayes and Hector just aged into toddlers. It's certainly keeping her busy and she hasn't been able to leave much less have time to tend to her garden in the backyard which is a lot of work it's self.

I'm hoping to get some photos taken and uploaded tomorrow but it will depend on available time as I have a mid-wife appointment mid morning and then my sister is coming over to clean. Plus I have a huge craving for cookies, but they have to be my personal cookies, so looks like a trip to the grocery store for this girl.
  • Options
    XDJSIMMERX wrote: »
    @Erica87 This is the sim I'm using for my 100 Baby Challenge, Elizabeth Brooke!

33p4n02.jpg
    She's very pretty!!
  • Options
    JDSimzJDSimz Posts: 791 Member
    @RubeySim Thanks!! :)
    Origin ID: ducklansimming
    "I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me."
    tenor.gif?itemid=9963762
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member

I managed to complete the challenge a while back, but it intrigues me to attempt it again now with toddlers in the game. Below is my new matriarch, Liberty Starr. Thank you very much for updating the challenge to include the toddlers. I haven't quite decided how I will play with the toddlers, I think option 2 (if that is the one that is 3 traits to max (including potty training)

32003306480_623863ab17_z.jpg
    Here are her traits
    32003143280_0e47694530.jpg

32380575945_207b5aa44a_z.jpg

32230491872_265c38f7fb_z.jpg

32380575755_7563516176_z.jpg
  • Options
    SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    Ugh! I've picked up the Baby Daddy won't go away toddler bug! I've tried all the suggested fixes I've found in this thread and nothing is working and to make it worse he keeps randomly wandering about the house naked! OMG MAXIM THAT IS SO NOT APPROPRIATE GO BACK TO YOUR OWN HOUSE!!! -dies-
    Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    @SuzieSocks Naked!? omg. The glitch is making defiantly making things harder in this challenge for us, or at least more annoying.

Since I started over I thought I'd have the same issue but some how when he arrived Rhea was seducing her next potential mate and he got mad. Still stayed and walked in on them doing the woohoo. Wasn't until the twins aged into toddlers and I went into CAS to edit their clothes that it said they were still babies. Some how after re-aging, re-seducing and doing the woohoo baby daddy one was gone.
  • Options
    EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    edited January 2017
    @SuzieSocks Oh my gosh, naked!?! I personally am starting to love having the baby daddy around, except for when I bring a new guy in. He helps so much with the toddlers while my matriarch can focus on other things like finding new baby daddies, cooking, and making more money. Although last time Autumn brought in a new dad and woohoo'd with him, she got slapped by the one that's hanging around. Oh well, maybe he'll leave then! xD

I now have 2 kids out of the house with another on the way! Yay! Finally got Johnny Zest. I wanted to get Mortimer Goth but he seems to be holding Autumn off pretty well at this point.

Omgosh. So Autumn was cooking dinner and randomly walked outside. At first I was like "WTH What are you doing!? Heath is hungry and you need to make food!" but then she got abducted!! Do female sims get pregnant when they get abducted or is it just male sims? I have never had a sim get abducted before!
    Post edited by Eminik on
  • Options
    SpiritOfSakuraSpiritOfSakura Posts: 49 Member
    Hi there! I finally got The Sims 4 recently and have been thinking about trying out this challenge on it (even though I never finished my sims 3 one, whoops), and maybe even making a let's play of it if I can figure out how.

I just have one quick question. In the sims 3 version of the challenge, babies could be aged up immediately. This was changed for this version, I'd assume because toddlers weren't out at the time. Now that they are, would it be "acceptable" to do so? I know everyone can tweak the rules to their liking for their personal challenges, but I'm curious what you guys think about this.
  • Options
    VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    edited January 2017
    @SpiritOfSakura - that's a really good point. Since that's how the rules were in the original challenge for Sims 3, I think that the time added from the toddler lifespan is more than enough to allow us to age up babies right away if we want to.
    Post edited by VanillaChai on
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    @VanillaChai If you ever run out, I'm sure I can find some more names based on GoT, HP or other books :smiley:
    @Eminik I feel like this is part of the 'sims swarming around toddlers' issue, where as soon as there's toddlers in the house sims will be magically drawn to them. I'm not sure if you've read the old thread, where I had the issue that my matriarch would only give birth to female babies. I assumed that that was caused by a corrupted savegame and I'm sort of worried you might suffer from the same problem. It's so awesome that your matriarch got abducted, some of us wait for ages untill that happens! :smiley: I'm pretty sure female sims do not get pregnant unless you use a mod to unlock that. I am wondering how the kids will survive without her for the time she's abducted.
    @SuzieSocks Unfortunately I have no idea how this forum works in terms of moving topics. I'm very sorry you have the dreaded baby daddy bug, that he's wandering around the house naked is both kind of shocking and hilarious at the same time.
    @XDJSIMMERX Elizabeth is super pretty! I'm curious as to how her children will look.
    @Fizzstix Welcome back and good luck for your challenge! Your matriarch has a really interesting trait combination! I'm curious as to why you picked none of the more helpful traits like romantic, family-oriented or creative. Since you finished the challenge already I wonder if you have some sort of secret trick with those traits :smiley:
    @SpiritOfSakura Since the toddlers in this game are a lot more capable than the ones in previous games I'm not sure if that wouldn't make it too easy. I personally wouldn't include it in the rules but of course you're free to age them up immediately if you feel like that's the way you want to play the challenge.

Sorry for being a bit out of sorts, I had a pretty bad day today and it seems like I'm not getting anywhere with my build for the spare kids either :confused:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    marildmmarildm Posts: 49 Member
    I loved these rules! Now I can share my pictures of this challenge here lol <3
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    @Fizzstix Welcome back and good luck for your challenge! Your matriarch has a really interesting trait combination! I'm curious as to why you picked none of the more helpful traits like romantic, family-oriented or creative. Since you finished the challenge already I wonder if you have some sort of secret trick with those traits :smiley:
    Sorry for being a bit out of sorts, I had a pretty bad day today and it seems like I'm not getting anywhere with my build for the spare kids either :confused:

Hi Erica. Thank you. I really enjoyed this challenge before. I love playing this game with a goal in mind.

I didn't choose either of those traits because I haven't found them to be all that helpful. I can grind a relationship pretty easily without the romantic trait. The family oriented can be annoying because while she is away gathering, she can get sad. I don't use the creative trait (in my first generation) to earn money. I have found gardening to be more of a money maker, to start off. Once I can get a decent garden going where cowplant seeds grow, the money starts flowing in.

The 2nd matriarch will probably take on painting... and then they may have enough money to hire a gardener to take care of the garden so she won't have to worry about it.

As for why I chose the traits that I did, Geek gives you a slightly higher chance of finding rarer goodies while gathering/fishing. Neat allows her to tidy the house on her own and as for the 3rd trait, in hindsight I should have gone with likes the outdoors, but went with cheerful instead.. not sure why.
  • Options
    @Erica87 Luckily I had a dad hanging around as well as a teen in the house so they looked after the family while my matriarch was abducted. :) Laurel's dad was an alien (didn't know that before) so maybe that had a part in it. And luckily after 6 babies, I finally had a boy, then had another girl. I did this in my last challenge too where I would go through long stretches of only having a male/female baby for a while.

and to combat the dad issue I've figured out if I can get the matriarch and the potential dad in her bedroom I can lock the door to Autumn only for a while and it prevents the new dad as well as the kids from interrupting.
  • Options
    SuzieSocksSuzieSocks Posts: 185 Member
    Eminik wrote: »
    @SuzieSocks Oh my gosh, naked!?! I personally am starting to love having the baby daddy around, except for when I bring a new guy in. He helps so much with the toddlers while my matriarch can focus on other things like finding new baby daddies, cooking, and making more money...

Ugh! Lucky. Maxim literally does nothing but eat the food Poppy made in the morning and get in the way! If he was actually useful I wouldn't mind so much. XD

Yes, I like and enjoy Sims 4. The world will not end because of this. Get over it.
  • Options
    CactiSimmerCactiSimmer Posts: 138 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hello again peeps! Something happened to my plum tree account and I had to start over but i wasn't that far along in the first place anyways. The last time i updated here I think i was on my 3rd kid?? i'm expecting #7 now let me just run down everything!

So Alexandrea's gotten with a few more guystumblr_ojsmnk11wX1tgu6vmo1_1280.png
    tumblr_ok0d82Lsy21tgu6vmo2_250.pngtumblr_ok0d82Lsy21tgu6vmo4_250.png
    She's gotten together with Akira Kibo who's fathered Hailee, and Nobuya Murakami a librarian who's child hasn't been born yet. Please enjoy this creepy picture of Nobuya being real creepy after learning he's going to be a father.

With so many sim's needs to care for I'm finding it hard to get the toddlers to learn 3 skills including potty before aging them up early, so Lloyd had his natural birthday and omg it was so cute!
    tumblr_ok0d82Lsy21tgu6vmo5_250.png
    When you go to age up a toddler you have to get an older sim to help them blow out the candles and both of them actually blow it out! It was so cute I swear I squealed when I saw it!

This is Akira's daughter Hailee who I swear is always walking around in her pjs but i'm not going to complain because they're so cute! Look at those little bunnies and her little tummy! I love it! I want to see if I can age her up early so i've got Alexandrea helping her out to learn her skills faster.
    tumblr_ok0d82Lsy21tgu6vmo7_250.png

So for the plum family tree I wanted to include all the fathers so I placed Jacques grave out back and waited for him to come out before taking some pictures. But then he decided to break everything in the house so I released his spirit and then destroyed the grave but he's still hanging around the house??! When I released his spirit he was still floating around but when i destroyed the grave it was daylight and he should have left already. I have no idea what he's doing but I can't ask him to leave, so I guess i have to add him to the household and then either delete or plop him into someone else's household.tumblr_ok0d82Lsy21tgu6vmo9_250.png
    Also this picture kills me because she's just walking away like whatever Jacques I don't care about your dramatic exits from this world.

I'm currently sitting at 6 children out in the world, and waiting for the 7th to appear. Jaycee and Harley were so close to getting an A in school and being able to move out but things at the house got rundown and their grades suffered so now i'm desperately trying to get them back to the top.
    Post edited by CactiSimmer on
  • Options
    @marildm Please do! You're welcome to do so in this thread or open another thread in the forum and there's also some of us on tumblr :smile:
    @Fizzstix Hm, those are excellent points that I'll have to consider if I ever create a second matriarch. Margo becoming sad was indeed an issue from time to time and I'm not sure the matriarchs even need to be able to gain relationship with their relatives faster. Geek would've probably made a lot more sense. As for the neat trait I personally bought speed cleaner for Margo but I have to actually tell her when to clean so picking the trait probably was smarter.
    @Eminik Ah, well at least someone was around to care for the wee little ones! I'm not sure if Laurel's father being an alien has a part in it, I thought that was more based on your sim's logic skill and if they used the telescope often but I might just mix up sims 2 and 4 here. I'm really glad your savefile is fine! Mine was definitely borked because I tested it over and over again and Rose v2 only had female single babies so I'm really happy that's not how it is in your case.
    @CactiSimmer Sorry about your plum tree. Have you saved it? If you had and you want to restore the old version, there's a thread opened by one of the creators of the plum tree app here, you might be able to get support through that. Thanks for updating us about your challenge progress :smile: Is Akira a premade sim? I could swear he is but I don't remember giving him a make-over. Also, I still plan on feeding Jacques to the cowplant for what he did to Rose v2 but for that we first have to have a cowplant and then he has to actually eat the cake... It's a long process. Sometimes I wish sims' deaths were easier in this game. Love Alexandreas attitude towards Jacques!

In my game Josh's daughter Juliet was just born, unfortunately it does not seem like she inherited any alien genetics or traits. I do hope that she'll inherit his teal hair when she's a teenager, if not and we have another redhead with turquoise hair I'll have to think about dyeing Margo's hair just to get some different genetics in there. I thought red was a recessive gene... My game apparently disagrees with me because so far half of the kids had red hair :smiley:
  • Options
    @Erica87 She still seems to be popping out a lot of girls, but hopefully having Heath means that I will have more boys in the future. I also seem to be having the problem with red hair. 6/8 children all have red hair! I didn't think I would have this many but so many do. It's crazy lol.
  • Options
    Anyone of you having issues with sims not being able to bathe the toddlers? Margo places Percy in the bath tub, bathes him for a split second and then pulls him out again. His other needs are fine, he just needs a bath really desperately. This is sooo annoying right now :angry:
  • Options
    MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    Erica87 wrote: »
    I have found gardening to be more of a money maker, to start off. Once I can get a decent garden going where cowplant seeds grow, the money starts flowing in.

I love gardening too. It could really give you a lot of money and the great thing is that when you change matriarch you don't have to start from zero like the others skills. The garden will give you the same amount of money (or more money if it still can be improved... but my goal is for it to be ready during my first matriarch time). :smile:

For now I decided to go for dragonfruit grafted onto the plants that I need for cooking (tomatoes, carrot etc...) and then when I'm not struggling for money anymore and can have a bigger garden and hire a gardener to go for the cowplant :smiley:
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • Options
    MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    Mhm... I have messed something up with format in my previous post but I can't edit :neutral: sorry guys :blush:
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • Options
    KraftyKiana55KraftyKiana55 Posts: 105 Member
    I'm currently in progress with this challenge on YouTube, but I altered the rules a bit.
    So far my sim has somewhere between 20-30 kids. ABout 60-70 more kids to go! :D #SoClose

[I would post a picture, but I can't yet since I need more points before I become a member.]
    YouTuber | KianaLuvsYou44 | 13k+ Subbies

ERM8xAm.gif

• Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @Erica87 I have been having the same issue! I reset both the toddler and mother but that wouldn't work. neither would buying a new tub.
  • Options
    @Eminik Are you sure she's not nomming on strawberries or listening to pop? :lol: And yeah, I think my whole recessive genes theory is thrown overboard in this game and instead the hair color is just randomly chosen. Which I find disappointing. I believed that red was recessive and thus rare but right now Margo has more redheads than any other hair color. I'm fully expecting Juliet to have red instead of teal hair.
    @KraftyKiana55 I play with altered rules as well, my matriarch is going to have all 100 kids herself. Or at least that was my original plan, I might change matriarch soon because all my sims turn out to have red hair and that gets boring after a while :smiley:
    @TheGeekGamez I found a solution but it's very annoying. You either have to place the bathtub on the second floor or outside. It can't be on the same floor as a baby crib. I have no idea why that is the case but when I moved it upstairs the issue was fixed.

Margo is pregnant by Mortimer Goth. It's a single girl and I'm getting anxious again. I've come quite far, I really don't feel like starting over.
  • Options
    marildmmarildm Posts: 49 Member
    I think I've turned the matriarch into an old woman instead of aging her son... Well, this is the end for my first matriarch :c