Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Edit: Aylin's Pen Pal form is up on InsaneSims!
    Meggles wrote: »

@CathyTea Oh! Well, in that case I guess I'll sit still! :P This did get me thinking, though - this is a good opportunity to try something new. I've sort of fallen into a pattern of the voices of my characters sounding a bit the same (in my Newcrest story) and it's getting a little boring for me. Yuko's traits and upbringing might mean she's a bit more snobbish than I would usually portray a character. She may not be as nice as I previously thought! :lol:

Maki Sasaki in my other Pen Pal story is Materialistic and a Snob! Those are traits I wouldn't normally pick, but I love Maki. I think her appreciation for the finer things in life helps Dove- because Dove is actually fairly highly "paid" (she gets a stipend from Sixam) but she barely spent any of it before this and was living in a gutted shell of an apartment.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Putting up a second Pen Pal soon, playing with vampires :smile:
    Is it okay if she sends a letter to Yuko @Meggles ?

@Xantheanmar Ooo, yes! I saw her profile - that would be amusing. :lol: I'm going to write up a start for Yuko (just her filling out the profile) but you can assume they were matched up via the website. :)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Thanks for the well wishes y'all! Everything went smoothly. And she's doing fine.
    @AllieMac *hugs for your daughter*

I had a severe ulcer in 2011. The endoscopy wasn't bad. I was a bit scared when they stuck the tubes in my nose and I felt like I couldn't breathe, but two breaths later I was out. And I felt much better afterwards.

I hope it goes okay for her.

She was under anesthesia before they put any tubes down her throat, etc. So other than being nervous she didn't have any discomfort whatsoever. They even gave her "giggle juice" in her IV to relax her before taking her to the procedure room and starting the anesthesia. It was funny to watch. She just started cracking up almost instantly and she'd say she didn't know why she was laughing which made her laugh harder. Since she's only 16, we went to Cook's Children's Hospital. The staff there is just incredible! It was a long day, but not nearly has tense or horrible as it could have been. She does have a inflamed stomach lining and ulcers in her small intestines. Now we just have to wait for the results to hopefully find the cause(s).

I had ulcers as a kid and had to do the barium drink (long before cameras were an option). Almost 30 years ago and I STILL remember the taste. lol

I'll be back in a bit to comment on the rest, etc. Just wanted to say thanks again for thinking of us yesterday and tell y'all she's A-OK. :)
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    @charliimai Now I can read the undelivered one. I forced myself to wait since Cassia wouldn't be aware of it. :)

THIRD LETTER TO DUSK

Dear Dusk,

Sorry it’s taken me so long to write back. I hope everything has been going well for you. It’s been kinda crazy over here lately. So much has changed.

Cassia sends a few pictures in... Third Letter to Dusk
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    @AllieMac I had to do the barium drink to check on the ulcer scarring a few months later. I know that feel.

I am glad it went okay and that you had good staff. The hospital I went to was awesome too.

Tell her I said hi!
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @MedleyMisty Jasper's reply to Seth's latest: Jasper - Seth 3

Yay! I will wait to read it until I finish Seth's reply to Anya, to keep the story timeline right.
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    @AllieMac Here is Dusks Letter

Dusks Letter to Cassia :smile:
    * The Longest Letter be warned it is fairly long.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    @charliimai There is no such thing as too long of a letter when it's from a pen pal. :) I didn't think it was long at all. It did make my jaw hit the floor though. hehe GREAT TWIST!!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    AllieMac wrote: »
    @charliimai There is no such thing as too long of a letter when it's from a pen pal. :) I didn't think it was long at all. It did make my jaw hit the floor though. hehe GREAT TWIST!!

It seemed longer when i started writing. There was so much i thought i needed to include but restrained myself and hoped that i included enough to show the big change that has happened in his life although he is pretty much in the same isolation. Your reaction is exactly what i was hoping for. :smiley:
    Aside from still being unwell I'm now having internet issues so i may not be around much i keep losing my connection.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @sweetnightingale Here's Jasper's letter to Liam! Jasper - Liam 2

And... @everyone! I'm going to be updating the first page of our thread next thing, so please do check to see that I've added your updates!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Charliimai wrote: »

@Charliimai That letter is so awesome! I love the new mailman! :open_mouth:

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

@charliimai

Dear Dusk,

I’ll be honest I’m sitting here at my kitchen island not quite sure what to write. I’ve read your last letter so many times the paper’s already softened.

Cassia responds to Dusk's shocking revelation in... Fourth Letter to Dusk

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Charliimai wrote: »

@Charliimai That letter is so awesome! I love the new mailman! :open_mouth:
    Me too! :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Aylin's first letter to Yuko is up on InsaneSims!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around the last couple of days. It's been a busy week and still is, really. I have to be out of town overnight; we're leaving in about an hour. We'll be back tomorrow but probably kinda late. Sunday is going to be nuts too, so I probably won't be around much until Monday. I've got a lot of writing to do, I know, so I'll be getting caught up just as soon as I can. As soon as this long weekend is over, I'll be free as a bird next week and all my Sims can get their pen pal letters written. I apologize that it's taking me so long.

@AllieMac - I'm so glad everything went fine with your daughter's test. I had to drink barium about 20 years ago after being hit by a car and them thinking I might be bleeding internally. Not fun. I got the giggles when you were talking about bow she was cracking up after the "giggle juice." It's funny what certain meds can do, isn't it? One time after a surgery I had, I woke up from the anesthetic singing. LOL LOL! I was humming as I went out so I guess I was just picking back up where I'd left off. It ended up being a standing joke between the doctor and me. He'd done several surgeries on me so after that when he'd walk into the OR, he'd say to the other staff, "Well, is she singing yet?" :)

I'll wish you all a happy weekend will try to check back in on my IPad later on tonight.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    The doctor called us back yesterday. (sorry I thought I had posted it here, but apparently I ditzed out and forgot.) My daughter has Celiac Disease (gluten allergy). She's taking the news rather well. I think she's more relieved to know what's going on. Also her stomach & intestines should be able to heal itself in a matter of weeks!! So knowing she can potentially be pain free is outweighing her fear of a lifestyle change. I'm so proud of her. I'm also grateful we found out in time to change her diet before any serious damage was done to her intestines. It's an autoimmune disease which can affect all the organs, lead to cancer, malnutrition, diabetes, etc. Pretty nasty stuff. Thankfully it's manageable - no gluten. But it will require a diet change that she'll have to stick with for the rest of her life. Luckily she enjoys trying new foods and isn't a picky eater, so I'm confident we can handle it. :)

@sweetnightingale That's just too funny how you woke up singing! Thanks for sharing that story. I sat here at giggled at the thought of it. I hope your weekend isn't too hectic for you. :)

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    @AllieMac - I'm glad I could give you a little giggle. :) We always got a good laugh about it. The funny thing was, I had such cottonmouth and you never sound good after coming out of anesthesia. I sounded more like a boar with the croop rather than a sweet nightingale...lol...so it definitely wasn't my best performance.
  • Options
    @AllieMac - I'm glad I could give you a little giggle. :) We always got a good laugh about it. The funny thing was, I had such cottonmouth and you never sound good after coming out of anesthesia. I sounded more like a boar with the croop rather than a sweet nightingale...lol...so it definitely wasn't my best performance.

Now that's just priceless!!! I almost spit my diet coke across the room when I read it. Thanks again for the laugh!! *hugs*
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    The doctor called us back yesterday. (sorry I thought I had posted it here, but apparently I ditzed out and forgot.) My daughter has Celiac Disease (gluten allergy). She's taking the news rather well. I think she's more relieved to know what's going on. Also her stomach & intestines should be able to heal itself in a matter of weeks!! So knowing she can potentially be pain free is outweighing her fear of a lifestyle change. I'm so proud of her. I'm also grateful we found out in time to change her diet before any serious damage was done to her intestines. It's an autoimmune disease which can affect all the organs, lead to cancer, malnutrition, diabetes, etc. Pretty nasty stuff. Thankfully it's manageable - no gluten. But it will require a diet change that she'll have to stick with for the rest of her life. Luckily she enjoys trying new foods and isn't a picky eater, so I'm confident we can handle it. :)

Fortunately, it was diagnosed! The diet change can lead to quite a healthy diet! I have a few friends on it, and my diet's not far from that, though I will eat gluten in whole grains. The best part is lots of fresh veggies! :)

Sounds like your daughter has a great attitude towards it!

• Options
    @AllieMac - Always glad to be of service. :grin: It was pretty funny and I enjoy telling that story. :)

In fact, that one was almost as funny as the time my sister had a cow in the kitchen...*ominous pause*
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale LOL!!! I bet it was a MOOOving story!
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    I'm glad it was diagnosed. And nowadays it's fortunately easy to get gluten free stuff almost anywhere. All the best for you. :)

My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale Take all the time you need with the letters. :) I hope you have a great weekend.
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @AllieMac - Always glad to be of service. :grin: It was pretty funny and I enjoy telling that story. :)

In fact, that one was almost as funny as the time my sister had a cow in the kitchen...*ominous pause*

LOL! Yeah, it was. And you are so punny. :grin:

Basically, she was trying to bucket feed this calf (the mother had rejected him) and he got outside the fence. He was excited to be getting his food so he started running after her. She got scared and lit off toward the kitchen door. Before she could get the door shut, he followed her inside. We had this tile floor so he couldn't get any traction and fell and couldn't get up. She thought his leg was broken and was really upset. She sat on the floor hugging him, crying, and saying, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Eventually, she called the nearest neighbor who lived about two miles down the road to help her with him. I still tease her mercilessly about that. LOL.

@RipuAncestor - We had a great weekend and are back home now. It feels good to be back home and comfy. :) I should be able to get to some letters Monday. Tomorrow will be another busy day, so probably won't be able to get too much done. I usually love my weekends but when they're busy like this, I look forward to a day in the week where it's relatively calm. LOL.
  • Options
    @Scribal_Goddess Finished Seth's reply to Anya!

tumblr_okvlaut9GH1riev15o1_540.png

I don’t mean that things are always going wrong. I am safe inside the walls. I mean that it’s possible that the apartment exists in a bubble of spacetime where things are always going to go wrong, but they never quite do, because I don’t open the doors.

Inside the Walls