Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited January 2017
    dpppp
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    ignore
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    cathtea and sweet thank you. i have no idea where i'm actually going to write the letters i want to to keep wp just for the benders because i confuse easy.so i want them seperate. yes i know wp can do thatbut my media is still being goofy there so i want another free blog site just for this.

Having multiple sites works great! Would you like us to hold off until you're ready?

i'm ready.

Please share the link, @friendsfan367 ! :)

took a few tries but i got it.
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    Okay, been lurking around here and I looooove letters. So! I have a spare from my Build Newcrest/Legacy that I am attached to (this always happens with the youngest child) named Yuko and she will be moving to San Myshuno as soon as she's done with high school which is pretty soon.

I think she would benefit from writing to a teen or young adult, any gender. She's currently unattached and she'll be living the legacy spare life. Her traits right now are geek and materialistic and I rolled her YA trait as non-committal, ha! (I did forget that I rolled that so we'll see what that means for her as she ages...)

As far as occult sims go, she's open to whatever. She's technically part elf (her ears are pointy, looool) so I don't see why she wouldn't accept others.

If she ends up writing to a Sims 4 sim I would TOTALLY be up for a crossover in my own story because that would be hella fun. Even if they aren't I would love to recreate (or you'd do it) them in Sims 4 and have them visit in the future (if you're up for it!)

Here's her profile

(Have I done this correctly? :P )

Welcome @Meggles ! So excited you're joining us! I've got a bit of writing to do, but I'll add your profile to the first page before bed! :)

and mine i finally got it i think.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Here is Meadow's reply to Lenora! @sweetnightingale ! Meadow - Lenora 2
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Posted @friendsfan367 's new profile for Ayden, and @Meggles ' profile for Yuko, and everyone's posts from today, so I think I'm caught up, but if I missed something, please let me know! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Posted @friendsfan367 's new profile for Ayden, and @Meggles ' profile for Yuko, and everyone's posts from today, so I think I'm caught up, but if I missed something, please let me know! :)

thank you. now i can remove the post i made on wp/ my readers probably went a little crazy thinking they read the exact same post twice but i decied what i wrote about the color should be part of the story.
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    @AllieMac Here's Dusk's second letter to Cassia
    * Dear Cassia

I'm loving everyone's letters so far and am really excited by how this project has taken off it's just as much fun reading and getting to know everyone's sims though their correspondence as it is writing the letters. I'm a little under the weather today so will try to catch up on yesterday/todays entries tomorrow. :)
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    @CathyTea said I could bring this up here. :)

I was wondering what you guys think about the process of writing these letters, and how your writing is influenced by the writing of your Sim's penpal, and how it all works together to create the story.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @CathyTea said I could bring this up here. :)

I was wondering what you guys think about the process of writing these letters, and how your writing is influenced by the writing of your Sim's penpal, and how it all works together to create the story.
    I've noticed that in some ways the letters take a lot of work, and a different kind of thinking than what I have while writing my other SimLit stories. I keep rereading the letter I'm supposed to be replying to while I plan my reply and try to make my writing sound both authentic and in character. But the story that's now slowly shaping up here has come to me very naturally. I love it when I can lift themes or latch onto specific things in my pen pals' letters. I also like how much communication and role-playing these letters involve for me. It's a very refreshing, fun way to plan and write. I think of these letters as a lovely break and a change of pace between my other writing projects, which are very story-driven and that I also really like writing, but in different ways.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Only have a second. I'm taking my daughter into the hospital for a Upper GI Scope this morning. She's going to be completely under for the procedure. Needless to say I'm rather anxious. Just wanted to say @Charliimai I hope you feel better & I saw Dusk's letter and will write back a bit later. And great question @medleymisty. I'll be sure to throw in my 2 cents on that as well.

have a good day yall
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Charliimai wrote: »
    I'm loving everyone's letters so far and am really excited by how this project has taken off it's just as much fun reading and getting to know everyone's sims though their correspondence as it is writing the letters. I'm a little under the weather today so will try to catch up on yesterday/todays entries tomorrow. :)
    I hope you feel better soon!

AllieMac wrote: »
    Only have a second. I'm taking my daughter into the hospital for a Upper GI Scope this morning. She's going to be completely under for the procedure. Needless to say I'm rather anxious. Just wanted to say @Charliimai I hope you feel better & I saw Dusk's letter and will write back a bit later. And great question @medleymisty. I'll be sure to throw in my 2 cents on that as well.

have a good day yall
    I hope everything goes well!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Good luck, @AllieMac.

To answer @MedleyMisty , at this early stage my letters are pretty much just lightly edited stream-of-consciousness after I reread what they're supposed to be replying to. They'll get more complicated shortly. And then I make gifs, even though I promised myself I wouldn't...

To those of you who are using WordPress, since I'm looking into getting an account: when it sends you an activation link, have you ever had issues with the "button" you're supposed to click being nonexistent? I think my ancient email doesn't support it, but I'm not sure.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    @AllieMac *hugs for your daughter*

I had a severe ulcer in 2011. The endoscopy wasn't bad. I was a bit scared when they stuck the tubes in my nose and I felt like I couldn't breathe, but two breaths later I was out. And I felt much better afterwards.

I hope it goes okay for her.
  • Options
    @Scribal_Goddess I should have Seth's reply to Anya ready by Sunday night at the latest, and then you'll have more to work with. :)

Also I made my WordPress nine years ago, so I am afraid I am not much help there.
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you for the Well wishes @RipuAncestor @AllieMac .
    And I hope evertything goes well with your daughter too @AllieMac
    I forgot to post this earlier it is kind of a letter, I feel it's important to Dusk's story and as a bonus very short. Although doesn't affect my pen pals as they don't receive this little note.
    Undelivered
    Be back tomorrow..
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Thanks, everybody! I looked through everyone's profiles - wow! Lots going on, haha!

I also didn't realize there was a form! I tried to find one but I guess I didn't look long enough - whoops! I think I'll try and rework things a little on her profile. *runs off to find the form* :lol:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Thanks, everybody! I looked through everyone's profiles - wow! Lots going on, haha!

I also didn't realize there was a form! I tried to find one but I guess I didn't look long enough - whoops! I think I'll try and rework things a little on her profile. *runs off to find the form* :lol:

Your profile, as is, is just great, @Meggles !

Not everyone is filling out the form (I just used it when I wrote Jasper's profile), and it looks like you included plenty of info! :)

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

Not everyone is filling out the form (I just used it when I wrote Jasper's profile), and it looks like you included plenty of info! :)

@CathyTea Oh! Well, in that case I guess I'll sit still! :P This did get me thinking, though - this is a good opportunity to try something new. I've sort of fallen into a pattern of the voices of my characters sounding a bit the same (in my Newcrest story) and it's getting a little boring for me. Yuko's traits and upbringing might mean she's a bit more snobbish than I would usually portray a character. She may not be as nice as I previously thought! :lol:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options

@CathyTea Oh! Well, in that case I guess I'll sit still! :P This did get me thinking, though - this is a good opportunity to try something new. I've sort of fallen into a pattern of the voices of my characters sounding a bit the same (in my Newcrest story) and it's getting a little boring for me. Yuko's traits and upbringing might mean she's a bit more snobbish than I would usually portray a character. She may not be as nice as I previously thought! :lol:

It's fun when they're not all nice! :)

• Options

I'm really enjoying the process! What I love is that the story (the plot of the Sims' lives) happens in the background. It may or may not be the focal point of the letters or of the joint story. Then we also have the story of the friendship. And we I love how there's so much room for character development.

For my letters, I'm using brand-new Sims. Jasper is my SimSelf, elderfied and made male, then Norman and Meadow are his "Play with Genetics" children (though in story, they're nephew and niece). Jasper has cheated-up skills, but Norman and Meadow were fresh out of CAS. Jena was adopted through the game, so she's game-generated. Giuliana Kruse is a townie whom I fell in love with, so I moved her and her family into an apartment.

None of them had a story from game-play, so I'm getting to invent their lives, which is really fun. Then I love the way that letter-writing allows us to play with the pace of reveals, based on the character of the two correspondences.

I also really enjoy the way that the character of the pen pal and his or her letters draws out certain aspects of our own characters.

I've always loved epistolic novels, and it's so fun to be involved with this big project! Like Ripu, I also really look forward to everyone's letters, whether they're my Sims' correspondents or not! :)

• Options
    edited February 2017
    @MedleyMisty Jasper's reply to Seth's latest: Jasper - Seth 3

• Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Putting up a second Pen Pal soon, playing with vampires :smile:
    Is it okay if she sends a letter to Yuko @Meggles ?
    41tidg8.jpg