Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Scribal_Goddess Finished Seth's reply to Anya!

tumblr_okvlaut9GH1riev15o1_540.png

I don’t mean that things are always going wrong. I am safe inside the walls. I mean that it’s possible that the apartment exists in a bubble of spacetime where things are always going to go wrong, but they never quite do, because I don’t open the doors.

Inside the Walls

i was like oh a door then i remerred your character has social anxiety. i kind of understand that in the last few years i love doing the dishes more than interacting with people. i have no idea why.

i might peek at some letters later since 5 year olds don't know how to write ayden is still friendless.
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member

I don’t mean that things are always going wrong. I am safe inside the walls. I mean that it’s possible that the apartment exists in a bubble of spacetime where things are always going to go wrong, but they never quite do, because I don’t open the doors.

Inside the Walls

i was like oh a door then i remerred your character has social anxiety. i kind of understand that in the last few years i love doing the dishes more than interacting with people. i have no idea why.

i might peek at some letters later since 5 year olds don't know how to write ayden is still friendless.

I like you a lot, you know. ;)

I don't like interacting with people or doing dishes! But I have a spousal person who does the dishes, so I'm okay.

I had actually not thought of Seth as having social anxiety before! But I definitely do and he is a lot like me, so I will think about that.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.

Inside the Walls

I don't like interacting with people or doing dishes! But I have a spousal person who does the dishes, so I'm okay.

I had actually not thought of Seth as having social anxiety before! But I definitely do and he is a lot like me, so I will think about that.

opps i accidently took seth in a new direction.

Inside the Walls

opps i accidently took seth in a new direction.

LOL! :) Is okay. Everything I'm exposed to could possibly send him in a new direction.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Aylin's first letter to Yuko is up on InsaneSims!

@Xantheanmar Sorry to keep you waiting! I was trying to get Yuko up to speed in my game and it's taking longer than I thought, ha! We're nearly there. :tongue:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Meggles wrote: »

@Xantheanmar Sorry to keep you waiting! I was trying to get Yuko up to speed in my game and it's taking longer than I thought, ha! We're nearly there. :tongue:

i know what you mean meggy lauren and noel didn't get married til just before thier last child was born they have 6 i finally forced them too yesterday.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @CathyTea I would love to be part of the Pen Pal project, but, alas, I don't have a Wordpress site nor a blogger site. However, I would so love to be a part of this with some serious help, lol! Tell me if it's possible. Here's an idea for my application:
    Profile - Beau Webb
    Young Adult - 25
    Interests - "dit dit dit - dah dah dah - dit dit dit" S.O.S. Are you there? Can anyone hear me? I am trapped...trapped... Wait, let me start at the beginning so you understand. Yesterday...was it only yesterday...I was a young man heading off to work at the Landgraab Simoleon Labs as an apprentice scientist. The date was Friday, Jan 13, 2017. It started off as a normal work day, watering plants, collecting specimens and repairing the machines. And then it happened, just as I was turning the wrench on that new machine, a spark of some kind zapped me into a time warp...time tunnel...I am not sure what you would call it...but , well, and this may be hard for you to believe....but I am trapped, yes, trapped, somewhere in time. I don't know how I am supposed to get back to my own time, or even if I can. Please help me. You are my only hope. dit dit dit - dah dah dah - dit dit dit S.O.S."
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @CathyTea I would love to be part of the Pen Pal project, but, alas, I don't have a Wordpress site nor a blogger site. However, I would so love to be a part of this with some serious help, lol! Tell me if it's possible. Here's an idea for my application:
    Profile - Beau Webb
    Young Adult - 25
    Interests - "dit dit dit - dah dah dah - dit dit dit" S.O.S. Are you there? Can anyone hear me? I am trapped...trapped... Wait, let me start at the beginning so you understand. Yesterday...was it only yesterday...I was a young man heading off to work at the Landgraab Simoleon Labs as an apprentice scientist. The date was Friday, Jan 13, 2017. It started off as a normal work day, watering plants, collecting specimens and repairing the machines. And then it happened, just as I was turning the wrench on that new machine, a spark of some kind zapped me into a time warp...time tunnel...I am not sure what you would call it...but , well, and this may be hard for you to believe....but I am trapped, yes, trapped, somewhere in time. I don't know how I am supposed to get back to my own time, or even if I can. Please help me. You are my only hope. dit dit dit - dah dah dah - dit dit dit S.O.S."

This sounds like a very interesting premise!

What sort of help do you need? I post my stuff on both WordPress and Tumblr.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Profile - Beau Webb
    Young Adult - 25

Hi, @SoulGal7 ! We'll love to have take part! Welcome!

You've got options for where to post your letter. Not everyone uses WordPress. @ilovebunnys65 posts her letters here on the Forums in the thread for her story, The Watergates. Other blogs are fine, too.

I guess you could even post them here in this thread, if you wanted!

If you do want a WordPress account, lots of us use it, and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have about it.

Take a look through the profiles on our first post and see if you have anyone you'd like to have as your pen pal, and I'll add Beau to the list soon! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Profile - Beau Webb
    Young Adult - 25
    Oh man, this sounds awesome! I love this premise!

Also welcome aboard, @SoulGal7 ! :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @CathyTea - oh my goodness - Dove Singer - she may be able to help me. She is a scientist. Or even Emily Sato as she believes in the supernatural, but would she believe in time travel? There are a few witches in the bunch. Maybe there's some type of spell that could help me get back in time. CathyTea, use your wisdom to guide me. Thank you.
    How many pen pals would Beau like, @SoulGal7 ?

@Xantheanmar @RipuAncestor @sweetnightingale - Your Sims (Dove, Emily, and one of Sweet's witches) have been identified as possible pen pal matches for Beau (here's Beau's profile). Would any of your Sims be interested in taking on one more pen pal?

:)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @CathyTea - Sure! All of mine still have slots available so that's no problem. :)

Welcome, @SoulGal7 . I love your premise! It sounds awesome. :)

@everyone - I'll be getting to work on some letters tomorrow. :) Today has been rather hectic but tomorrow will see things slowing down a bit. Bear with me. :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
    buy
    Seeing if this will work
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Dove knows a lot about time/space tunnels. They are an efficient means of interplanetary travel.
    41tidg8.jpg
    @SoulGal7 - Use the [ and ] symbols to get the links to work. When you do the { and }, it won't work. Hope that helps. :) of
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Meggles wrote: »

No prob, @Meggles ! It's given me time to raise Aylin's skills further, so that they'll be where I want them if Yuko ever comes to visit, and fiddle around with Aylin's little "family" (she turned Cassandra Goth, who aged to YA, turned and married a man, and had a girl [toddler]. Then she broke up with the guy when he asked Aylin to turn him back and moved out, so Aylin just lives with the kid.)
    41tidg8.jpg
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2017
    CathyTea wrote: »
    How many pen pals would Beau like, @SoulGal7 ?

@Xantheanmar @RipuAncestor @sweetnightingale - Your Sims (Dove, Emily, and one of Sweet's witches) have been identified as possible pen pal matches for Beau (here's Beau's profile). Would any of your Sims be interested in taking on one more pen pal?

:)
    I think both Dove and Sweet's witches will have more helpful skills considering Beau's predicament, but if Beau wants one more pen pal, then Emily does know some people who might be able to help him too. :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    @sweetnightingale Thanks for the tip. I did realize that after I posted the link. However, I wanted the picture to be posted in the forum thread, but not sure how to do that yet. lol
    edited February 2017
    @sweetnightingale Thanks for the tip. I did realize that after I posted the link. However, I wanted the picture to be posted in the forum thread, but not sure how to do that yet. lol

You're welcome. :) Simply by changing the symbols like I showed you, that will make the picture show up. Let me show you. :)

buy

I think you can quote this message and see how I've done the symbols. It took me a while to figure it out but once you do, it's pretty easy. :)

• MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    buy
    Seeing if this will work

@SoulGal7 This would work if your link was an image file. Since it's a link to a gallery it's not going to show us your lovely picture.

https://joanneglenn.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-nTLfjnN/buy

I use Google Chrome so if I right click the picture from that site I can copy the image address and that would make it able to share to the forums:

Beau%20Webb-M.png

Is there an option when you're signed in to "share" the picture in a forum? something with .png at the end? Maybe a different file sharing website would work better for what you want to do here. :smiley: Perhaps photobucket or postimage.org (my favorite).
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    @Charliimai Here's Giuliana's reply to Dusk! Giuliana - Dusk 2

• CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    @CathyTea your timing is impeccable i was just saying i'm going to write to giulianna tomorrow seeing as my internet is now restored. Expect a reply sometime tommorow. <3
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)