Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    This image popped up on my Win 10 sign in screen and I immediately thought, "I want to play Sims 3 there! I wonder if there's a CC world of this place?" ... Not, "I would like to visit this place on vacation some day." :p

Also, I saw this picture and immediately thought, "Monte Vista!"

THIS! Also when you see a certain landscape or town and could swear you've actually been there, then remember, no, only your Sims have been there.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    When no matter what the newest iteration adds you make derogatory noises and fire up TS3 and then find the sun has long since set, everyone is fast asleep and the only people who can appreciate the meteor that just hit your town at 3:00 in the morning are your fellow addicts who are also still on the boards. :)
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    When you think about CASt and color wheels when you're looking at wallpapers and carpets in your RL apartment.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    This image popped up on my Win 10 sign in screen and I immediately thought, "I want to play Sims 3 there! I wonder if there's a CC world of this place?" ... Not, "I would like to visit this place on vacation some day." :p

Also, I saw this picture and immediately thought, "Monte Vista!"
    I visited this Italian village for the first time when I was nine years old.

250px-Monteriggioni_z01.jpg

Ever since Monte Vista I can't think of it other than "that's Monte Vista" :p Also when I visited it two years ago.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    ... you pretend to be sick when friends ask you to hang out but you're really not and you just want to play the sims :naughty:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    ... you pretend to be sick when friends ask you to hang out but you're really not and you just want to play the sims :naughty:
    When your only friends are the sims :D
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    When your only friends are the sims :D

tumblr_lnuln0EndQ1qlh1s6o1_400.gif
  • Options
    UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    You're a Sims 3 addict when you look at a mess and get frustrated that you can't just right click, delete object.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    When you see real people that look like some sims in your game, or they are wearing the same clothes your sim is wearing.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    You're a Sims 3 addict when you look at a mess and get frustrated that you can't just right click, delete object.
    Or hire a genie :mrgreen:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    ... when "seasons" nearly fries your laptop and you decide to buy a desktop, just to play Sims on it.

I'm guilty of this (except the laptop part). My computer was bought specifically for the sims. :D
    Also, I've been watching a show on the History channel called "The Curse of Oak Island" and wondered if I could make the island in CAW.

• Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I'm guilty of talking about my sims as if they were my real family :tongue:
    I once genuinely thought to myself that I should save now. As in, save my real life progress...
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    coco wrote: »
    I once genuinely thought to myself that I should save now. As in, save my real life progress...

I can't tell you how many times I wished I could exit real life without saving to redo that day, that year, that decade....
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    On a potentially more serious note, when you're going overseas to study and want to take your Sims with you.
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    when you spend more time fixing your game and finally making at run a 60fps ultra settings with your new gaming laptop! we all know that struggle XD
  • Options
    KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    When you stare at all the houses that go past while riding in the car and wonder if you can recreate it in the game.

I have done that TOO!! lol

I also have looked in my backyard and wondered, could I fit a treehouse there?
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• Options
    Something I cannot do is be mean to another Sim... I feel wayyy to bad!! LOL I don't want to hurt their feelings. I know.. bizarre.

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Kitiara wrote: »
    Something I cannot do is be mean to another Sim... I feel wayyy to bad!! LOL I don't want to hurt their feelings. I know.. bizarre.

No worries, I have the same "problem". Also, I let my own sims bully me - like, if I want them to spend the day skilling, but then they are busy socializing with their children or something, and I just let them be, because that´s much more important, right? :D
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    When you stare at all the houses that go past while riding in the car and wonder if you can recreate it in the game.

I have done that TOO!! lol

I also have looked in my backyard and wondered, could I fit a treehouse there?

okay i do that too i take sometimes pictures if can XD
  • Options
    lol @Waterdragon @adamzaid I am soooo happy I am not alone in my strangeness lol :#

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• Options
    lol @Waterdragon @adamzaid I am soooo happy I am not alone in my strangeness lol :#

lol XD
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member

This is me ALL the time :lol:
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    ... when you´ve played for hours and are kind of surprised that you can´t see your reflection in your sim´s mirror. (Although that would be creepy. I mean, really. :o )
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but once after like a 5 day Sims bender with no leaving the house I went out to my local shop, heard a loud noise and thought " Whoa, I should pause and scroll out to find where that noise is coming from."

Needless to say I had to have a quick conversation with myself after that. :|:D
  • Options
    Kimbelle10Kimbelle10 Posts: 77 Member
    When you hear a track or a song used during a commercial or TV show (usually HGTV) and recognize it from The Sims

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top