Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AYTO - SEASON 3 - Finale is up....

Comments

• Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    edited February 2017
    so i've always had these little ideas for Alani and Lavender in the back of my mind.
    I started and finished a book today that will finally solidify an idea for Alani I've had for a very long time.

*edit*
    and this is a very serious question about submitting scenes. how much do I need to need to include?? (i.e. do I need to specify a location, time, etc??)
    *edit2*
    *gasps, arises from the depths of my writing*
    767 WORDS
    NOT GONNA SEND IT TO ALLEEN YET BC I DON'T KNOW THE REGULATIONS OF SENDING SCENES.

I'm not too sure about the rules and regulations of sending DRE's, I know everybody writes there DRE's differently and in there own unique way. You can add a time, location if you'd like but you dont have to if you dont want to, It's up to you. I can tell you what i always do when i send in a DRE which might give you some idea on how to set your one out. ;)

What i try to do is give a basic description of whats going on in the scene at the top.

(For example: *T-Roll is sat at his desk writing poems*)

then i write what i want the characters to say underneath, Like:

T-Roll: "Hey Tim, Wannas helpsh me write poemsh?"

Tim: "Nah, I'm okay...

Then if they do something or go somewhere during the scene i write:

*T-Roll sticks the pencil up his nose* or *Tim runs out of the room in disgust and into the garden* :D

And then at the end i sometimes put *End scene* at the bottom if i write a big scene, Just so Alleen knows when the scene finishes.
    If you send what you've written in to Alleen i'm sure she will fit it in one of the next eps, I know Rosey wrote a story for her characters last season which Alleen added into the eps, So you should be fine. :mrgreen:
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    so i've always had these little ideas for Alani and Lavender in the back of my mind.
    I started and finished a book today that will finally solidify an idea for Alani I've had for a very long time.

*edit*
    and this is a very serious question about submitting scenes. how much do I need to need to include?? (i.e. do I need to specify a location, time, etc??)
    *edit2*
    776 WORDS

I just specify actions and dialog in mine

Okay, cool!!
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
  • Options
    twiddle3 wrote: »

*edit*
    *edit2*
    767 WORDS
    NOT GONNA SEND IT TO ALLEEN YET BC I DON'T KNOW THE REGULATIONS OF SENDING SCENES.

I'm not too sure about the rules and regulations of sending DRE's, I know everybody writes there DRE's differently and in there own unique way. You can add a time, location if you'd like but you dont have to if you dont want to, It's up to you. I can tell you what i always do when i send in a DRE which might give you some idea on how to set your one out. ;)

What i try to do is give a basic description of whats going on in the scene at the top.

*T-Roll sticks the pencil up his nose* or *Tim runs out of the room in disgust and into the garden* :D

And then at the end i sometimes put *End scene* at the bottom if i write a big scene, Just so Alleen knows when the scene finishes.
    If you send what you've written in to Alleen i'm sure she will fit it in one of the next eps, I know Rosey wrote a story for her characters last season which Alleen added into the eps, So you should be fine. :mrgreen:

Oh dang, now I feel like mine is written way too seriously.
    ex. "Alani? You okay dear?"
    Alani did not respond. She wants to, but even the idea of speaking seems distant to her, like she's left it in some other place. If Lavender were more of a comforter, she would hold her friend close. Let her voice the troubles to a freckled shoulder and release the feelings eating away at her. Instead she prods her, "It's not fair to Sergeant for you to mope like this."
    The words shock Alani's system, "What do you mean?" her heartbeat hastens, she feels something like anxiety creeping all over her skin, she hates the feeling.
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    edited February 2017

*edit*
    *edit2*
    767 WORDS

Alani did not respond. She wants to, but even the idea of speaking seems distant to her, like she's left it in some other place. If Lavender were more of a comforter, she would hold her friend close. Let her voice the troubles to a freckled shoulder and release the feelings eating away at her. Instead she prods her, "It's not fair to Sergeant for you to mope like this."
    The words shock Alani's system, "What do you mean?" her heartbeat hastens, she feels something like anxiety creeping all over her skin, she hates the feeling.

Nah, it's not too serious at all, In fact its really good, 10X better than mine! I think you got this DRE writing lark cracked, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished DRE now. :)
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member

*edit*
    *edit2*
    767 WORDS

Nah, it's not too serious at all, In fact its really good, 10X better than mine! I think you got this DRE writing lark cracked, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished DRE now. :)

Yeah, it's really good. I think you should be okay. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    Yeah I don't think there is a right or wrong way to write DREs. You should be fine :)
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,276 Member

*edit*
    *edit2*
    767 WORDS

I'm not too sure about the rules and regulations of sending DRE's, I know everybody writes there DRE's differently and in there own unique way. You can add a time, location if you'd like but you dont have to if you dont want to, It's up to you. I can tell you what i always do when i send i

I'm surprised julle let me get away with so much, if I'm honest. With all the writing going on I worry about my ability to replicate such a thing without stepping on people's toes. Something to watch out for, certainly.

I'm getting fairly optimistic about this whole affair, at any rate. I hope we'll see some new matches come next episode. We're on our way to success, okes.
  • Options
    rosey1579 wrote: »

*edit*
    *edit2*
    767 WORDS

I'm not too sure about the rules and regulations of sending DRE's, I know everybody writes there DRE's differently and in there own unique way. You can add a time, location if you'd like but you dont have to if you dont want to, It's up to you. I can tell you what i always do when i send i

I'm surprised julle let me get away with so much, if I'm honest. With all the writing going on I worry about my ability to replicate such a thing without stepping on people's toes. Something to watch out for, certainly.

I'm getting fairly optimistic about this whole affair, at any rate. I hope we'll see some new matches come next episode. We're on our way to success, okes.

Nobody minds so far. Plus I also have something lined up with Nael and one of my sims. ;) But it's just a brief encounter.

I feel good about our chances as well. I think we'll learn some really valuable information this week.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    *claps hands togethrr, rubs him evily*
    Prepare for feels town!! Mwahahahaha!!
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,990 Member
    I think the mole is here.... :o
  • Options
    I can't wait for you guys to meet somebody special.
  • Options
    I can't wait for you guys to meet somebody special.

:0

• Options
    Okay guys and girls... Pics are taken... Just a few writings... Then we're there.... Expect it early Saturday.... :smiley:
  • Options
    And the next challenge will be up soon after.... >:) That will be fun...
  • Options
    Awww I forgot to say that I didn't put all the DRe's in.... The dates was a bit long... But I promise it will be in the next episode... Sorry guys....
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,823 Member
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    And the next challenge will be up soon after.... >:) That will be fun...

:'(:'(:'(
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    :'(:'(:'(......
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,844 Member
    edited February 2017
    :'(:'(:'(......

Don't cry. :'( Here you have a muffin.

muffin.jpg
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Awww I forgot to say that I didn't put all the DRe's in.... The dates was a bit long... But I promise it will be in the next episode... Sorry guys....

Oh no!! Was it because of my two really long ones?? ; e ;
  • Options
    2 hours ;)
  • Options
    YAAAASSSSSS

• Options
    2 hours ;)

OH DANG!!!
  • Options
    Okay guys are you ready?