Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS4 supposed to stutter now?

Comments

• Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Make sure the game is actually seeing your video card - it may not be. I went back to dual 750 ti cards because Sims 4 would not recognize my 960ti. Then all my issues stopped.

Yeah I had this issue as well and it keeps happening every time i reinstall my drivers.

There is a fix to the lines for nVidia users i just stumbled across it and so happy, just click here.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2017
    I did not see the facial lines - I had the stuttering and checked the games configure files and saw it was not seeing my video card so I went back to my former 750 ti cards and the stuttering stopped.

This line in the configure files - GeForce GTX 750 Ti [Found: 2, Supported: 2]

But for the 900 series I have : found 1, supported 0 - which said it saw my 900 series card but did not support it so I was getting a genetic setting for that card instead of what it should have been. I simply had that card removed and had hubby install my 2 - 750 ti cards.... and the game saw and supported those. I have had zero problems with the game since then. I had the same issue with Sims 3 and the 900 series card - so I will just stick with the dual 750 ti cards. I still love playing Sims 3 too.

I do know I could force the game to see the 900 series card through Nvidia experience but then Nvidia experience had its own issues with the Sims 4 - and I rather not have headaches with it all. It was fine to go back to dual 750 ti cards for this game for me -

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I wonder if the high cpu usage and stutter is mainly a Intel thing? Kind of like how with Nvidia cards you get those lines around the sims faces. Cause my cpu usage stays around 20%. The most I've ever seen is high 20's.

I don't know. I know we have had a lot of threads on the issue. I just can't recall if any were AMD cpu @chesterbigbird have you seen any with high cpu usage on AMD? Chelljo is wondering if it's strictly an intel issue with the high cpu usage.
    gc6164 wrote: »
    I am also experiencing stuttering, particularly in San Myshuno. I don't feel like I should be with a GTX 970 and i5 processor? I find it funny when I can run other games perfectly but when it comes to any Sims game there's problems lol.

Your specs are more than fine. ;) I have that same problem you do. It's only this game with issues when all other games run fine

I bet it will never be fixed either. :disappointed: Oh well, guess we will just have to deal with it.

I did page a guru. They really need to check into it. One can hope they will fix it. If they don't the problem it might get worse as the game adds more and more.

Yes have seen it with AMD also.. a couple of people had their AMD cpu top 90c with high usage.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    I wonder if the high cpu usage and stutter is mainly a Intel thing? Kind of like how with Nvidia cards you get those lines around the sims faces. Cause my cpu usage stays around 20%. The most I've ever seen is high 20's.

That's very low usage. Almost any game should use more then that. Most of the games i play use between 40-65% usage on i7 6700K.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

I don't know. I know we have had a lot of threads on the issue. I just can't recall if any were AMD cpu @chesterbigbird have you seen any with high cpu usage on AMD? Chelljo is wondering if it's strictly an intel issue with the high cpu usage.
    I am also experiencing stuttering, particularly in San Myshuno. I don't feel like I should be with a GTX 970 and i5 processor? I find it funny when I can run other games perfectly but when it comes to any Sims game there's problems lol.

Your specs are more than fine. ;) I have that same problem you do. It's only this game with issues when all other games run fine

I bet it will never be fixed either. :disappointed: Oh well, guess we will just have to deal with it.

I did page a guru. They really need to check into it. One can hope they will fix it. If they don't the problem it might get worse as the game adds more and more.

Yes have seen it with AMD also.. a couple of people had their AMD cpu top 90c with high usage.

Well, there went my theory. :(

That's very low usage. Almost any game should use more then that. Most of the games i play use between 40-65% usage on i7 6700K.

cpu_usage.jpg

The only time my CPU has high usage is when I'm rendering a video. Then it gets in the 60-70's.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2017

Well, there went my theory. :(

cpu_usage.jpg

The only time my CPU has high usage is when I'm rendering a video. Then it gets in the 60-70's.

I would not use task manager to monitor your temps. I would not use task manager for usage % either while gaming

Use this http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Open it at desktop and leave it opened , start your game, play and exit . Then check the app. Check your average numbers
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    As phoebebe said.. task manager not very accurate as it does not keep a record of the highest max usage.
    Also you can use msi arfterburner to display on screen usage and temps.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    As phoebebe said.. task manager not very accurate as it does not keep a record of the highest max usage.
    Also you can use msi arfterburner to display on screen usage and temps.

MSI afterburner is hit or miss. Cupid was more accurate for me and my son's computer than afterburner
  • Options
    I don't too often monitor any of my usage. I just use task manager when I do cause I've not noticed any real difference between it and hwmonitor.

CPU_usage_2.jpg

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @ChelleJo , on cupid you have to look at MAX. One of your cores is at 95 %, another is at 85% and the others 60's and 70's
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Hey there! It's good that there was more development in this thead. I think this is a TS4 issue. I didn't change my cooler yet. TS4 still stutters like crazy. BUT I played TS3, and it was super smooth. I also did the valley benchmark and it was super smooth. The temperatures were 79 degrees celsius, but it's not like it's the temperatures that are causing the stuttering. This crazy performance issue is only happening in TS4. Which is good to know, as it might get fixed, and I don't need to replace my processor, because I thought it was damaged.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I don't too often monitor any of my usage. I just use task manager when I do cause I've not noticed any real difference between it and hwmonitor.

CPU_usage_2.jpg

I would say your average is around 60-70% usage. So it effects more then just Intel.
    It's just the way the game is, simulation games tend to use more cpu.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    I wish a Guru would just post something on this thread so we know if they are aware of it or just ignoring us. :D
    I might get in my game today and check the CPU usage and temps again cuz yesterday after the patch, my fans were working hard, but maybe it's just a one time thing. I don't know.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Could someone @ the gurus that are responsible for this? I just don't know who they are...
  • Options
    @ChelleJo , on cupid you have to look at MAX. One of your cores is at 95 %, another is at 85% and the others 60's and 70's

Ah, I see. So much for me to learn. I'm on phone now, will have to look at that pic again when I can get back on pc. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    LykkeLeafLykkeLeaf Posts: 214 Member
    Could someone @ the gurus that are responsible for this? I just don't know who they are...

I believe it's @SimGuruNick & @SimGuruArvin (I don't know the others, sorry)
    A lot of people have this problem too.
    I still hope that something can be done about it because it's getting worse and it's already really bad.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    yes I've just found out that my titan card is also running hot while playing the sims. I looked at this thread because after the patch i was having lag - in terms of sims standing around before they would action a direction and lag if i changed an action. this has been fixed for me after a folder reset and also new MC came out today (MC was updated to the latest available though when I was playing last night) - so not sure what addressed it. But i had installed the software you suggested to check and I was shocked, esp as my fans don't seem to want to work harder? @chesterbigbird @phoebebebe13

computer2_zpspqne0tiv.png

temp_zpsjxikg8km.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    cherpar wrote: »
    yes I've just found out that my titan card is also running hot while playing the sims. I looked at this thread because after the patch i was having lag - in terms of sims standing around before they would action a direction and lag if i changed an action. this has been fixed for me after a folder reset and also new MC came out today (MC was updated to the latest available though when I was playing last night) - so not sure what addressed it. But i had installed the software you suggested to check and I was shocked, esp as my fans don't seem to want to work harder? @chesterbigbird @phoebebebe13

computer2_zpspqne0tiv.png

temp_zpsjxikg8km.png

While a little warm 80c for a titan isn't too shocking. What's interesting is the game is completely maxing out a titan LOL.
    What's your cpu usage compared to gpu?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited January 2017
    this is not the same one, had to restart the computer. @chesterbigbird

Usage_zpsnwvjcfio.png

but hopefully the info is what you are looking for - its only after 10-15 mins and the nvadia temp is 71, so hasn't yet reached what it was before.

sorry i was under the impression from above that 81 was too hot but glad to hear its not too bad.

do i need to play for longer to get a more accurate impression? also is it the bit under utilisation that you would need to see, so if i need to resend (after longer) i can get it bigger for you?

• Options
    edited January 2017
    this is not the same one, had to restart the computer. @chesterbigbird

Usage_zpsnwvjcfio.png

but hopefully the info is what you are looking for - its only after 10-15 mins and the nvadia temp is 71, so hasn't yet reached what it was before.

sorry i was under the impression from above that 81 was too hot but glad to hear its not too bad.

do i need to play for longer to get a more accurate impression? also is it the bit under utilisation that you would need to see, so if i need to resend (after longer) i can get it bigger for you?

It was warm for the card.. but not dangerous.
    On a very hot day (Aussie summer.) my GTX 1080 can get up to 80c when using 99% usage
    If you want to help with the titans temps a little create a custom fan curve :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqRhKA4EEaQ
    You can follow that and make your own profile or copy that one.
    Your cpu is averaging 70-75% usage so that's normal for this game.. cpu temps are fine. have you got stock cooling for the cpu or arftermarket?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    @chesterbigbird

- Cooling is Thermaltake ISGC 300 Low Noise CPU Fan & Heatsink
    -Motherboard is - ASRock(Asus) Z77 PRO3 4xDDR3 SATA3 7.1Ch GBLAN (2x USB3.0 & 4x USB2.0 Ports)

does this answer the question? It was a custom build (but I had help from you guys, because I don't know much, lol).

• Options
    @chesterbigbird sorry CPI is Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) Quad Core CPU
  • Options
    @chesterbigbird

- Cooling is Thermaltake ISGC 300 Low Noise CPU Fan & Heatsink
    -Motherboard is - ASRock(Asus) Z77 PRO3 4xDDR3 SATA3 7.1Ch GBLAN (2x USB3.0 & 4x USB2.0 Ports)

does this answer the question? It was a custom build (but I had help from you guys, because I don't know much, lol).

OK that's good, if it were a stock fan i would tell you to replace it LOL. But the thermaltake is good.
    I had that same cpu, great cpu but it did does run hotter then the newer intels. Your temps are fine though.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Here are my readings:
    MevQ3VR.jpg

Not too sure if they're good or bad.

Oh and my fans are not moving so loudly anymore this time round.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Here are my readings:
    MevQ3VR.jpg

Not too sure if they're good or bad.

Oh and my fans are not moving so loudly anymore this time round.

That's pretty much normal for laptop. ;)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide