Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS4 supposed to stutter now?

Comments

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Vagenius wrote: »
    @neonhighways Not sure if you have done it but once in a while (because I play a lot of games) my cpu will start running a little warmer then usual and I have 4 fans in my pc. I always know that it is time to reapply thermal paste when this starts happening. If you replaced the stock cooler on your cpu that would be a good time to do a repaste. Just an idea.

I'll do it when I replace the cooler... How much time does it take for it do degrade in your case?
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited January 2017
    Vagenius wrote: »
    @neonhighways Not sure if you have done it but once in a while (because I play a lot of games) my cpu will start running a little warmer then usual and I have 4 fans in my pc. I always know that it is time to reapply thermal paste when this starts happening. If you replaced the stock cooler on your cpu that would be a good time to do a repaste. Just an idea.

I'll do it when I replace the cooler... How much time does it take for it do degrade in your case?

Some people never need to replace it. My old cpu in my old pc from 2008 still worked fine without issue. Some people replace it when temps go higher. There is not usually a time frame.. it depends on the type of paste that was used.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

Thanks for the help! Most of these are hard to find in Brazil, but I'll take their size in consideration!
  • Options

Thanks for the help! Most of these are hard to find in Brazil, but I'll take their size in consideration!

You cannot get a cooler bigger than 155mm in height. so if you can find something suitable under that hight then you should be good.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Mine is a smooth 60fps, except when you first load a lot when it zooms in from afar with the camera. And if I zoom in and out, really quickly.
    If I zoom out, and stay out, it's fine. But if I attempt to both zoom in/out then instantly zoom out/in, it drops.

The Sims 3 is still a lot worse for me, and I think it comes down to CASt and the poor Open World.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2017
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Mine is a smooth 60fps, except when you first load a lot when it zooms in from afar with the camera. And if I zoom in and out, really quickly.
    If I zoom out, and stay out, it's fine. But if I attempt to both zoom in/out then instantly zoom out/in, it drops.

The Sims 3 is still a lot worse for me, and I think it comes down to CASt and the poor Open World.

I guess you did not bother to read the whole thread or you would know the OP has something wrong with their computer.

This thread is also not about the sims 3 though for a lot of us the sims 3 plays much better than 4. Sorry it's not working for you but coming in the TS4 section to bash the game is taking the thread off topic. You don't like the way the game plays, don't play it
  • Options
    Wow... It breaks my heart... I made a clean install of windows on a bigger hard drive because I needed it anyway... The first game I installed was The Sims 4. I tried it while monitoring the temperatures and it was super duper stuttery... So bad! But the temperatures were lower than before! While on the old hard drive I was getting 91 degrees celsius, I only got 73 max here. On the same test. So the temperatures are somewhat healthy, but the stuttering is still horrible. Could it be the driver I'm on that is the problem? Has anyone had performance issues on TS4 with the driver 375.95? I might try to install an earlier version, I just want to make sure!
  • Options
    Wow... It breaks my heart... I made a clean install of windows on a bigger hard drive because I needed it anyway... The first game I installed was The Sims 4. I tried it while monitoring the temperatures and it was super duper stuttery... So bad! But the temperatures were lower than before! While on the old hard drive I was getting 91 degrees celsius, I only got 73 max here. On the same test. So the temperatures are somewhat healthy, but the stuttering is still horrible. Could it be the driver I'm on that is the problem? Has anyone had performance issues on TS4 with the driver 375.95? I might try to install an earlier version, I just want to make sure!

You can try a couple of drivers if u want but i doubt it's the issue.
    If your temps are high (73 is still high.) Then you could be loosing performance because of the heat. Regardless of weather the heat is the problem, you still need to get that sorted as it's a real issue.
    Try setting your card to preferred maximum performance in Nvidia control panel to see if that helps. And close all background tasks that's not needed.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    This didn't help at all... I'm going to buy a cooler at a local shop right now... The problem is they only have one of those cheapest ones. The good thing is that it's cheap so it won't hurt to try. If I want a better one I'll have to order online. First I'm going to try the driver though.
  • Options
    This didn't help at all... I'm going to buy a cooler at a local shop right now... The problem is they only have one of those cheapest ones. The good thing is that it's cheap so it won't hurt to try. If I want a better one I'll have to order online. First I'm going to try the driver though.

Any cooler would be better then what you have now ;)
    After u get the cooler installed give us a update on temps. :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

I tried the driver change and it didn't affect it. I'll buy the cooler and update here. Thanks, you've been very helpful!
  • Options

I tried the driver change and it didn't affect it. I'll buy the cooler and update here. Thanks, you've been very helpful!

Your welcome :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Asa02Asa02 Posts: 5 New Member
    Ya most simulator games stutter cause they eat ur cpu like hell. TS4 usually runs 60+ on my pc unless i scroll out far, then it dips down to like 40 and there are some random fps drops while moving the camera blabla. It's normal, nothing u can do about it
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I actually have the same issue though.. but i'm thinking of updating my card and asking if they can check if my pc is doing okay, going to bring mine away in a few months when I have the money to replace my graphics card and hopefully that'll mean my game will run smoother, because it's getting a tad bit annoying and this started happening after a few updates from Sims 4..
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Skobee wrote: »
    I actually have the same issue though.. but i'm thinking of updating my card and asking if they can check if my pc is doing okay, going to bring mine away in a few months when I have the money to replace my graphics card and hopefully that'll mean my game will run smoother, because it's getting a tad bit annoying and this started happening after a few updates from Sims 4..

It may not even be your card, it might be the game. EA really needs to check into this. Higher end computer are having these issues.

The game is also very processor heavy. Its not normal. It's been going on a long time.
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    edited January 2017
    I am also experiencing stuttering, particularly in San Myshuno. I don't feel like I should be with a GTX 970 and i5 processor? I find it funny when I can run other games perfectly but when it comes to any Sims game there's problems lol.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    gc6164 wrote: »
    I am also experiencing stuttering, particularly in San Myshuno. I don't feel like I should be with a GTX 970 and i5 processor? I find it funny when I can run other games perfectly but when it comes to any Sims game there's problems lol.

Your specs are more than fine. ;) I have that same problem you do. It's only this game with issues when all other games run fine
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member

Your specs are more than fine. ;) I have that same problem you do. It's only this game with issues when all other games run fine

I bet it will never be fixed either. :disappointed: Oh well, guess we will just have to deal with it.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I wonder if the high cpu usage and stutter is mainly a Intel thing? Kind of like how with Nvidia cards you get those lines around the sims faces. Cause my cpu usage stays around 20%. The most I've ever seen is high 20's.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I wonder if the high cpu usage and stutter is mainly a Intel thing? Kind of like how with Nvidia cards you get those lines around the sims faces. Cause my cpu usage stays around 20%. The most I've ever seen is high 20's.

I don't know. I know we have had a lot of threads on the issue. I just can't recall if any were AMD cpu @chesterbigbird have you seen any with high cpu usage on AMD? Chelljo is wondering if it's strictly an intel issue with the high cpu usage.

I bet it will never be fixed either. :disappointed: Oh well, guess we will just have to deal with it.

I did page a guru. They really need to check into it. One can hope they will fix it. If they don't the problem it might get worse as the game adds more and more.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

I don't know. I know we have had a lot of threads on the issue. I just can't recall if any were AMD cpu @chesterbigbird have you seen any with high cpu usage on AMD? Chelljo is wondering if it's strictly an intel issue with the high cpu usage.

Maybe if we can determine it is universal thing (effecting both) or mainly an Intel thing, we can get the guru's headed in the right direction to fix this for people.

*side note... I'd love the lines on faces fixed, too! :D *
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    My CPU barely gets to 30% yet san Myshuno is unplayable. If I remove all my cc it gets slightly better but I used to have a lot more and my game worked flawlessly. I knew when I started playing this game that I will need to use cc to enjoy it so i prepared. My spec is an absolute overkill and like I've stated, even a vanilla game runs badly. Very disheartening, apartments and the city life were what I was mostly looking forward to.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Maybe if we can determine it is universal thing (effecting both) or mainly an Intel thing, we can get the guru's headed in the right direction to fix this for people.

*side note... I'd love the lines on faces fixed, too! :D *

I have been posting the CPU issue since March 2015. My laptop hates this game. Not only does it run my i7 quad high, my laptop fans race and the laptop heats up. This is the only game that does this. My laptop has really good cooling and designed for gaming. Plays the sims 3 no problem. Never a heat issue. If that many people keep posting about this issue, the gurus should be able to recreate this problem. If all of us notice the problem , EA should have noticed. They need to figure it out or they will loose a lot more players. I'm certainly not going to damage my computer hardware because the game's programing is messed up to the point that it will heat up my laptop. The heat issue does not effect everyone but many have been effected. You will feel it less on desktop. I uninstalled the game on my desktop so who knows how it would run now. Chester and I have been testing the game on the high CPU usage for a long time. Chester has a 1080 card and a new skylake i7 on desktop and has the high CPU issue. We have noticed the higher the CPU the more the game will use the CPU. It keeps getting worse. There is something wrong with the game. @SimGuruNick @SimGuruDrake @Nichaedemus

As for the lines on the face, that seems to be more of an Nvidia issue. I doubt Nvidia will look into the issue unless they get enough complaints about the sims 4 or EA contacts them about the issue.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2017
    Make sure the game is actually seeing your video card - it may not be. I went back to dual 750 ti cards because Sims 4 would not recognize my 980ti. Then all my issues stopped.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....