Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Traits Question

So I bought the EP today for the price of a GP, great deal if you ask me, the city looks fabulous and I'm surprisingly enjoying the content which seems more than I thought it had, but...

The traits don't work?

My sim has been living on the apartment for about 2-3 weeks and it has the hunted trait but I have never seen a ghost?? o.O Why?

Also I had the quake trait for a while and I never experienced any quakes either, I changed it for the filthy trait but I don't see any rats or cockroaches on my apartment, is there something I'm doing wrong? Or does it only work for certain apartments, I'm really confused.
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited December 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    So I bought the EP today for the price of a GP, great deal if you ask me, the city looks fabulous and I'm surprisingly enjoying the content which seems more than I thought it had, but...

The traits don't work?

My sim has been living on the apartment for about 2-3 weeks and it has the hunted trait but I have never seen a ghost?? o.O Why?

Also I had the quake trait for a while and I never experienced any quakes either, I changed it for the filthy trait but I don't see any rats or cockroaches on my apartment, is there something I'm doing wrong? Or does it only work for certain apartments, I'm really confused.

1) Do you have any dead sims in your game? Without dead sims, there's no ghosts.
    2) You may see earthquake someday... It is said that earthquakes are seen once every week.
    3) Rats and cockroaches don't come with Filthy trait! They come with Needs TLC trait.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    More useful information about lot traits are found here:
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/lottraits/
    Read the description carefully. On the Filthy trait, it only says objects get dirty quicker. Nothing about rats and cockroaches.
    They come with special object. Rats have mouse holes and cockroaches have hidden spawner. Both on these are found in Needs TLC apartments and are hidden in build mode. There is a mod that allows them to be on any lot:
    simlishdistractions.tumblr.com/post/152643418054/city-living-apartment-problems-for-regular-lots
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2016
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

The traits don't work?

1) Do you have any dead sims in your game? Without dead sims, there's no ghosts.
    2) You may see earthquake someday... It is said that earthquakes are seen once every week.
    3) Rats and cockroaches don't come with Filthy trait! They come with Needs TLC trait.

Oh thank you!!! :) But I find it quite odd that I need to have dead sims in my game for the haunted trait to work, that's stupid, I was waiting for one to spawn!!! Really disappointed only that trait has the rats etc since it's exclusive to one lot...way to go Maxis they always have to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 something up.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    With the haunted trait, some simmers were having issues with ghosts not appearing. What helped was to remove the haunted trait. Play the game for a sims day. Then put the haunted trait back onto the lot, then in a few days time or a week, ghosts will then appear.
    The mice and cockroaches come with the TLC trait. Only certain apartments have that trait. The trait can't be remove from an apartment who has it, and can't be added to other apartments or homes.
    The apartments with the TLC trait are :
    19 Culpepper House in the Spice Market district
    1313 21 Chic Street in the Fashion District
  • Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I never knew mice and cockroaches were from the TLC trait. I've played lots with those traits and never seen either.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I never knew mice and cockroaches were from the TLC trait. I've played lots with those traits and never seen either.

Can take a few sims days for anything to spawn. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited December 2016
    Alot of the traits feel gimmicky and don't seem to do much. I never noticed anything with filthy but that might be me. Grody is great though,especially on a public lot. I had tons of sims throwing up.

Cursed is an absolute death trap, be careful with your Sims.

I had haunted and it auto generated a ghost for me though. Although I don't like hauntings in Sims 4, unlike Sims 2 where ghosts could actually kill you, only my plumbing needs to be worried..
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    With the haunted trait, some simmers were having issues with ghosts not appearing. What helped was to remove the haunted trait. Play the game for a sims day. Then put the haunted trait back onto the lot, then in a few days time or a week, ghosts will then appear.
    The mice and cockroaches come with the TLC trait. Only certain apartments have that trait. The trait can't be remove from an apartment who has it, and can't be added to other apartments or homes.
    The apartments with the TLC trait are :
    19 Culpepper House in the Spice Market district
    1313 21 Chic Street in the Fashion District

Thanks!

mHdgPlU.jpg?1