Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fixer Upper Contest Entry Thread

fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
edited December 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Entry for the Makeover Challenge

Name/Link to Your Page: fleshjenn

Sim's Name: Keli Baez

Link to Sim (Can be uploaded as a household): http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9018634

Sim's Traits: Absent-Minded, Natural Cook, Bookworm, Genius, and Artistic

She Loves Island Life Music, fried Peanut butter & Banana Sandwiches, and the color Irish Green.

Biography/Backstory: Keli is a Gemini who accepted an internship at the Sunset Valley Hospital. She started a blog to work on her writing hobby and to relieve some of the stress from work. It soon became apparent to her that the medical field was not a good fit. after a bit of shifting around Keli is making a career out of her love of writing.

Additional Information: Household funds are $22,406. She has written 3 books which are in her inventory. The Galatic Doctor Series.
Mission Start
Warp Sickness
Zombies in Space- Best Seller

note: lol so embarrassing, just realized it should be spelt galactic. :astonished:

Before pic:
Screenshot-15_zpscvwzoyvt.jpg

After pic:
Screenshot-30_zpseqdrc5yh.jpg
Post edited by fleshjenn on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Keli's Story

Keli Baez decided to take a chance and move to a new town. She had seen an ad for employment with the Sunset Valley Hospital. Becoming a Doctor was always a dream of hers and this might just be the ticket she needed.
    Screenshot-25_zps6bak3yoh.jpg

After getting her belongings settled, Keli rushed right over to pick up her schedule and see about starting some classes in town to help her in her training.
    Screenshot-26_zps0lrpl5gl.jpg

The first Several weeks sailed by. She subscribed to the Tabcast network and was constantly studying new skills that might in some way aid her. Of course some of the courses were just for fun as well, New cooking techniques, and researching different forms of writing.
    Screenshot-31_zpscxmkwlaj.jpg

It seemed her Coworkers were constantly throwing parties, So Keli did her best to attend some of the functions in order to schmooze a raise or two.
    Screenshot-34_zpszbk5dipl.jpg

On her days off Keli would usually wander between the gym and the Library. Around this time she also started keeping a blog, tracking her progress on her experiments and fitness goals.
    Screenshot-29_zpsqpvk0fmo.jpg

The training assignments started off fun and intriguing, but they took so much of her free time. Keli was starting to feel the weight of the job.
    Screenshot-37_zpsezucxcdm.jpg

At first it was empowering to have the whole town talking about her, but after seeing a coworker slip up and the sudden turn of cheers to jeers. Maybe having the whole town watching you isn't such a good thing.
    Screenshot-33_zps94gpg4q8.jpg

After a particular nasty experiment, and a near meet with the grim reaper. Keli had enough. She had a long heart to heart with herself and decided becoming a World Renowned Surgeon just wasn't in the cards for her.
    Screenshot-38_zpss5cjvugk.jpg

Keli was taking some textbooks to the local bookstore when she noticed a help wanted sign in the window. She thought it was a stroke of luck and took the job on the spot. At first the hours were quite a refreshing change from the hospital. plus no ones life hung on her decisions here.
    Screenshot-39_zpszazlhgcq.jpg

The shorter hours gave her plenty of time to work on her blog and to start a novel. Using her knowledge she thought it would be fun to write about a Doctor set in space! As enjoyable as her new life seemed. Bills started crunching down. It was time Keli got a real job again, and quick.
    Screenshot-40_zps4onredzs.jpg

Thankfully the Bookstore owner Knew a guy at the local newspaper. Keli went over and he was able to find an entry position for her to get her foot in the door.
    Screenshot-41_zps4e7gpafk.jpg

Another season passed and Keli was once again rising in the ranks. The Stories she was asked to do had her zipping all over town at odd hours, through crazy weather at times.
    Screenshot-43_zpsywduxhdd.jpg

She was able to save up enough for a down payment on a better property. a second bedroom, if she wanted a room mate, or family someday. Keli felt like she should be ecstatic, but still something was not right. She couldn't put her finger on it but this is just not where she wanted to be.
    Screenshot-44_zpsj6iqpyx2.jpg

In between Restaurant reviews, and Dog show contests, Keli had managed to write 3 books in her series. When her last book made the Best Seller list Keli finally knew what she wanted and she wasn't going to waste any more time.
    Screenshot-47_zpsqmithkij.jpg

In the middle of the night, with her heart racing, and mind finally clear, Keli ran down to City Hall and registered as a Professional Author. No longer will someone pick her writing subjects. Keli was going to use her writing skills to voice her own imagination. And while it might have taken a bit longer than she planned to get to this point, Keli has the skills and experience to take herself and you, dear reader, beyond the galactic boundaries.
    Screenshot-49_zpsqwqrqidu.jpg

Post edited by fleshjenn on
  • Options
    this too
  • Options
    1 more
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Aw, I like that you are putting yours in a thread together. Nice! I like the story and am excited to see what you do with the builds.
  • Options
    @ciane thank you. I have been working on the builds, and wrapping presents all day. I got a little caught up building my sims work history that I played her longer than I planned. I cant wait to go in game again with her. now that she has time to relax I want to give her a chance to find love.
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    Keli is adorable! <3
    And I applaud her for having the courage to follow her dreams. I have taken the liberty of borrowing her for myself, she sounds like such a fun Sim to play :).
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg