Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heir To Ruins Challenge (need Get Together EP)

vnscecilevnscecile Posts: 60 Member
edited March 7 in Nominated Threads
28a43e7ece68f8ccb42017a5f2cb3716e82c0ea2.jpg

Welcome to the Heir To Ruins Challenge!

Windenburg was founded by a powerful family, the Von Windenburg, who gave their name to the town. They ruled over it for centuries from their island. Unfortunately, there were fights within the family. Some members left to live their lives elsewhere and when the last Lord Von Windenburg died without children about 200 years ago, the property was abandoned. As decades passed, it slowly fell into ruins.

Now the mayor of Windenburg is passionate about History and sad to see this great landmark of the town fall into decay. He decided to study the Von Windenburg family tree and seek the legitimate heir of the Windenburg Manor.
It turns out that the last living member of the Von Windenberg family is a young person that was abandoned at birth in an orphanage. They just turned 18 and got kicked out. Their life was pretty chaotic so they have no money and no skill whatsoever.

The mayor offers a deal : a lifetime without bills but the manor has to be completely renovated.
(The children will have to pay their bills).

The goal :
Completely renovate the entire house and garden. Every wallpaper, flooring and objects must be replaced, every hole in the floor fixed, the garden completely cleaned.
Optional : turn the manor into a 5 star Hotel/Restaurant.

dcb985045be289ce712a1ffadfc5624b5b30efa0.jpg

The setup :
- Start with a sim fresh out of CAS. They must not have been played with before. You can give them any trait you chose. The aspiration doesn't really matter because you'll be switching constantly.
- Through Manage world, bulldoze the "Von-Windenburg Estate" lot (64x64 lot on the island) and place the Windenburg Manor. Search #HeirToRuins in the gallery or my ID "vnscecile". Then move your sim into the manor using the cheat "freerealestate on". Don't add money to buy the house, it will fulfill steps of some aspirations.
- Bring the money down to 0.

Two useful cheats for this challenge :
- money [amount]
- sims.modify_funds [amount]

Rules :
Before you are allowed to clean and fix the estate, or even move in people and have a family, you'll have to fulfill some aspirations :

RENAISSANCE SIM :
Milestone I: Prudent Student : You can access the garden
Milestone II: Jack of Some Trades : You can access the first floor
Milestone III: Pantologist : You can access the second floor
Milestone IV: Renaissance Sim : You can access the whole property, including the roofs. You can fix the roof decorations : §50 to clean one (change the color), §100 extra to buy one

FREELANCE BOTANIST :
You can't place outdoor plants or grow plants in the ground because it's poisonous. You have to use gardening pots or planter boxes.
Milestone I: Naturewalker : You can get rid of the overgrown grass and algae (§50 per patch)
Milestone II: Garden Variety : You can get rid of the aloe vera plants and the bonfires (§200 per item)
Milestone III: Nature Nurturer : You can get rid of the dead plants (no reviving them) and the rocks (§1,000 per item)
Milestone IV: Freelance Botanist : Pay §10,000 to purify the ground (use the eraser on the ground). You can now plant anything in it and landscape however you want

PAINTER EXTRAORDINAIRE :
When changing a wallpaper or floor, you first need to remove them by painting them with the §0 option and get rid of the money you gained by doing so.
Milestone I: Ill at Easel : You can clean the exterior walls of ivy (§50 each)
Milestone II: Fine Artist : You can change the exterior wallpapers and fix the exterior trims (§100 extra per wall + §200 per square of fixed trim)
Milestone III: Brushing with Greatness : You can change the interior wall paper (§200 extra per wall)
Milestone IV: Painter Extraordinaire : You can change the floors (§200 extra per square) and the roofs if allowed to access them (§1,000 per roof, no matter the size)

BODYBUILDER :
When you sell objects you have to get rid of the money you get back.
Milestone I: Basic Trainer : You can clean the branches and sticks on the floor (§50 each item)
Milestone II: Exercise Demon : You can get rid of small furniture and build objects (one square footprint, not taller than the waist of an adult sim) : counter, chairs, etc. (§200 per item)
Milestone III: Fit to a T : You can get rid of medium-sized furniture and build objects (up to 2 squares footprints, any height) : bookcases, columns, windows, etc. (§500 per item)
Milestone IV: Bodybuilder : You can get rid of furniture and build objects of any size (§1,000 per item)

THE CURATOR :
When you sell objects you have to get rid of the money you get back.
Milestone I: Out and About : You can get rid of decorative objects and sculptures (including dirty dishes / glasses, silverware, etc)
Milestone II: Gatherer : You can get rid of paintings
Milestone III: Treasure Hunter : You can buy decorative objects and sculptures
Milestone IV: The Curator : You can buy paintings

NERD BRAIN :
Milestone II: Erudite : You can repair small holes in the floor (1 triangle) (§50 per hole)
Milestone III: Rocket Scientist : You can repair medium-sized holes in the ground (2 triangles) (§200 per hole)
Milestone IV: Nerd Brain : You can repair the larger holes in the ground (§1,000 per hole)

CHIEF OF MISCHIEF :
Milestone II: Artful Trickster : You can remove a lot trait
Milestone III: Professional Prankster : You can remove a second lot trait
Milestone IV: Chief of Mischief : You can remove the last lot trait

MANSION BARON :
Milestone II: The Great Landscaper : You can add a lot trait
Milestone III: Home Renovator : You can add a second lot trait
Milestone IV: Mansion Baron : You can add the last lot trait

FRIEND OF THE WORLD :
When you move someone in, you have to get rid of their money and furniture.
Milestone II: Well Liked : You can move in a roommate
Milestone III: Super Friend : You can move in a 2nd roommate
Milestone IV: Friend of the World : You can move in a 3rd roommate

SOULMATE ASPIRATION :
When you move your spouse in, you have to get rid of their money and furniture.
Milestone II: Marriage Material : You can move your spouse in
Milestone III: Love Handler : You can get pregnant / adopt a child. In case of twins or triplets you need to give up the extra child/children through manage world
Milestone IV: Soulmate : You can have any number of children you choose

I will post the first video of my own let's Play for this challenge very soon.
*edit : here it is!

Please link me if you do any video of this challenge and get back to me for any suggestion!
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    This looks AWESOME!!! I am so going to do this! Was just looking for something new to try. Not that I need another challenge to work on. I have too many going on already haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @vnscecile So I am starting this officially, at 1am haha. I am not tired. I'll post my blog link later, as I want to write a story for this. Question for you though...when I placed the lot it told me that 62 Build Mode items were removed completely. I don't own the City Living expansion yet so I'm guessing it was items from that pack. Is it anything important for this challenge? If not I won't worry about it. I'm super excited to start!

Also in your video you mention there are some lot traits that it should have, but mine don't have any...how do I get those? Thanks!
    Post edited by Meeshelby on
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    This looks amazing! I love the detailed build!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    @Meeshelby you unlock the lot traits through mansion baron (:

Ill do this challenge though ill prob spread it through 4-5 generations x)
  • Options
    Meeshelby wrote: »
    @vnscecile So I am starting this officially, at 1am haha. I am not tired. I'll post my blog link later, as I want to write a story for this. Question for you though...when I placed the lot it told me that 62 Build Mode items were removed completely. I don't own the City Living expansion yet so I'm guessing it was items from that pack. Is it anything important for this challenge? If not I won't worry about it. I'm super excited to start!

Also in your video you mention there are some lot traits that it should have, but mine don't have any...how do I get those? Thanks!

Hey! Glad to hear it. I hope you'll have fun with it :)
    The lot traits come with City Living but I thought they were supposed to add them in an update even for people who don't have the EP. Try updating your game?

Also, here is a compilation of every object used in the build that are not base game.

21wwhe.jpg

Kamio wrote: »
    This looks amazing! I love the detailed build!

Thanks a lot! :)

Ill do this challenge though ill prob spread it through 4-5 generations x)

I hope you'll enjoy it :)
    This is definitely a legacy challenge unless you turn off aging :blush:
  • Options
    @WiggleyTuff Thank you!! So I don't have to have City Living then? And do I just have to complete that aspiration on any sim in any saved game?

@vnscecile Thank you for your help! I'm super excited about this! What traits did you have the lot set with? So I can set them once I open it up.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @vnscecile Thank you for your help! I'm super excited about this! What traits did you have the lot set with? So I can set them once I open it up.

The lot traits are Hauted, Gremlins and Filthy. Those are the three little icons on the very first picture.

And sorry but completing an aspiration doesn't unlock lot traits in the game. You must have them beforehand. This is just a restriction that I added in the challenge do that you can't change the traits easily.

I looked it up and the 10/27/2016 update added some lot traits to the base game but not the one I used :
    Lot Traits! Lots can now have up to three traits assigned to them, which convey gameplay and story benefits.
    Open up the Lot Info panel in Build Mode and select from Homey, Fast Internet, Great Acoustics, Science Lair, Convivial, Natural Light, Bracing Breezes, or Private Dwelling.
    Explore the various traits to find one, two, or three that make sense to you!

• Options
    @vnscecile well darn it! Maybe I better wait till I buy the EP to do this then...
  • Options
    Got the City Living EP with the 30% off deal they have going today! So I can do this challenge properly now :)
  • Options
    misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    I started this challenge a couple of days ago. I'm having so much fun!! It's super hard, but you stay really busy. Those darn Gremlins are gonna be the death of me! So far, I've changed my lifespan to long. I was planning on doing a legacy type, but I haven't had any time to look for a man yet lol! I'm not doing a story for this one, but I'll post my progress on here :)@vnscecile It's a great challenge! You put a ton of work into the lot! @Meeshelby Have fun!!
  • Options
    Got the City Living EP with the 30% off deal they have going today! So I can do this challenge properly now :)

Yay! Aside from the lot traits, the expansion is pretty great anyway. I hope you'll have fun!

I started this challenge a couple of days ago. I'm having so much fun!! It's super hard, but you stay really busy. Those darn Gremlins are gonna be the death of me! So far, I've changed my lifespan to long. I was planning on doing a legacy type, but I haven't had any time to look for a man yet lol! I'm not doing a story for this one, but I'll post my progress on here :)@vnscecile It's a great challenge! You put a ton of work into the lot! @Meeshelby Have fun!!

I'm happy you enjoy the challenge. I look forward to your feedback!
    It's true I spent a lot of time on the lot. Especially since I tried to have burnt furniture only to discover that they get replaced by new ones when the lot is loaded from the gallery. And I also placed piles of ash and trash at first but same thing, it doesn't stay once the lot is placed. I also accidentaly placed it unfurnished when testing and had to refurnish the whole thing :anguished:
    Anyway, it's all good now.
  • Options

vnscecile wrote: »

I'm happy you enjoy the challenge. I look forward to your feedback!
    It's true I spent a lot of time on the lot. Especially since I tried to have burnt furniture only to discover that they get replaced by new ones when the lot is loaded from the gallery. And I also placed piles of ash and trash at first but same thing, it doesn't stay once the lot is placed. I also accidentaly placed it unfurnished when testing and had to refurnish the whole thing :anguished:
    Anyway, it's all good now.

Aww, that would have been so cool!! You definitely had a hard time putting it together it sounds like :( I hope more people discover this one. I love how it keeps you busy. Between trying to complete aspirations and clearing the house, you're constantly doing something :)
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I wish i could do the challenge but the lot makes my game lag alot because of all the stuff =/
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I wish i could do the challenge but the lot makes my game lag alot because of all the stuff =/

Yeah, the lot is littered with grass and sticks so it lags a lot on computers that are not powerful, or even gaming laptops.

Alternatively, you can buy the lot as a store or restaurant and stay on an empty lot as your residence. Just follow restrictions like not planting things in the ground and not placing objects if you haven't cleared enough space on the store/restaurant lot.
    Only load the Windenburg Manor to work on it in build mode and you should be fine.
  • Options
    @vnscecile I am able to start repairing the floors. And I can't figure out how to remove the triangle holes! Help please!
  • Options
    @vnscecile I am able to start repairing the floors. And I can't figure out how to remove the triangle holes! Help please!

You select the room and then use the arrows. You just have to pay attention it doesn't delete objects around like carpets and whatnot. Just move them beforehand and place them back afterwards.
  • Options

You select the room and then use the arrows. You just have to pay attention it doesn't delete objects around like carpets and whatnot. Just move them beforehand and place them back afterwards.

Ok thank you!
  • Options
    @vnscecile I thought I saw the answer to this somewhere but now I can't find it... Are we required to replace ALL of the decor and furnishings and appliances? Or are we allowed to fix and clean some and use them?
  • Options
    @Meeshelby I think I remember @vnscecile saying in her Let's Play, that she forgot to mention all the furniture was rotten because of sitting for so long, so it needs to be replaced.
  • Options
    @misfit091376 That's where I heard it! Thank you!!
  • Options
    @Meeshelby You're welcome :)
  • Options
    So does that mean we don't have to actually clean anything or repair anything in the house? We just destroy it for whatever the cost is to do so...and buy new?
  • Options
    @Meeshelby That's a good question. I'm not sure how that works.
  • Options
    Yes to all of it.
    No need to clean or repair anything, you just get rid of it.
    Decorative objects can just be deleted once the appropriate milestones are completed but for furniture it costs money depending on the size.
    Trash collectors need to be paid somehow for all the junk you get rid of :)
  • Options
    Yes to all of it.
    No need to clean or repair anything, you just get rid of it.
    Decorative objects can just be deleted once the appropriate milestones are completed but for furniture it costs money depending on the size.
    Trash collectors need to be paid somehow for all the junk you get rid of :)

Thank you!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top