Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heir To Ruins Challenge (need Get Together EP)

Comments

• franka44021franka44021 Posts: 125 Member
    Going to try this challenge. Vnscecile, I love this. Thanks for sharing your first chapter, Meeshelby.
  • RylaraRylara Posts: 25 Member
    This looks amazing! I've been looking for something to catch my interest. I think I'll try this... maybe pair it with another challenge to make it EXTRA interesting. :) Great idea!
  • CairieeCairiee Posts: 19 Member
    all set up and well underway! I just fixed all the holes on the first and second floor, only to find the bathrooms are still unreachable! my sim has been crashing at the neighbors place while he works for the requirements and money to make his place liveable!
    a question: if a wall is 4 squares long, is that one wall($200) or four walls ($800)?
    Ok I have made major progress in cleaning out and repairing the first and second floors. I just got access to the rest of the place so now I can start in on the third floor and roof. my first generation are nearly elders, fully renovating the mansion is going to take a long time!
  • vnscecilevnscecile Posts: 60 Member
    Cairiee wrote: »
    a question: if a wall is 4 squares long, is that one wall($200) or four walls ($800)?

Hi! I'm glad you're having fun with the challenge!
    For the walls, it's §200 for one square of wall so a wall 4 squares long is indeed §800 :)

• UBGIBBEDUBGIBBED Posts: 2 New Member
    When it says $50 per item etc does that mean you have to pay to remove the item?
    Yes, just like you'd pay trash collection taxes in real life :wink:
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    vnscecile wrote: »
    Yes, just like you'd pay trash collection taxes in real life :wink:

On the same note: If I want to re-arrange allready furnished room (Furniture I MYSELF have added) - then I do not have to pay a fee right?
    AMB.jpg
    No you're free to do whatever you want with the rooms you've renovated.
    You can even build new walls, etc if you want. I certainly did in my let's play.
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    2 questions...I've been playing again for the first time in 3 months! Yay!!

-Do we need to replace flooring?
    -When they move in their spouse, do we accept the money the spouse comes with?
    Hi! Yes, flooring must be replaced. As for the spouse, you can keep their money if you want :)
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
  • kiki_keelkiki_keel Posts: 2 New Member
    Super stoked to try this challenge out. I've been waiting to get money to buy the stuff packs I need, and now that I can finally get them I'm super happy to finally begin the challenge!

Had a quick question; is it ok if I changed up the story line of the family a teeny bit? This is my story:
    Von Windenburg had two daughters, both of who he severed all relationships with when he made some terrible choices. His passing has brought on an empty estate, two daughters who refuse to accept it, and a town of people who soon forget the whole ordeal. Of course, as the estate falls into ruins the children around the town come up with stories about how it is haunted, and has been, for at least a century now. At that point, even the family members, all the decedents, forgot about old Von Windenburg and his estate.

Charles Von Windenburg loves all of his family members (although his mother makes everyone frustrated), and was going to marry the woman of his mother's dreams, and then decided not to. One day, the family of five was contacted about an old estate the mayor wanted to revive, but was first going to check with the Von Windenburg family to see if they had anyone to take dibs before it was auctioned off. Charles jumped at the chance, leaving his enraged mother and huge fortune behind to begin again - broke, alone, and never speaking to his mother again. See, she married into the Von Windenburg family, and unlike many of the family members, knew the past of the Von Windenburg's due to her own family ancestors and their troubles with the Von Windenburg family. So of course when Charles accepted the estate, she cut him off from the fortune and kicked him out of the house. Charles' goal is the revive the estate, and in the end, or at some point, have a ball and invite some beautiful young women to find his true love.

Will he succeed or will he leave the Von Windenburg estate still in shambles, and rather disappointed in himself?
    Hey Kiki_keel
    I like your backstory for the challenge.
    How are you doing so far?
  • kiki_keelkiki_keel Posts: 2 New Member
    vnscecile, thank you! And good, it's definitely a long process, but I'm enjoying it. :)
  • SezzagrlSezzagrl Posts: 1 New Member
    Started this challenge last night and loving it! I'm watching your lets play while I play for a bit of guidance along the way. So enjoyable, thank you :)
  • Neko_waNeko_wa Posts: 5 New Member
    Okay, probably a stupid question, so we cant use anything in the house starting out? Am I supposed to travel around as if I'm homeless? Can I get a job?
  • Neko_waNeko_wa Posts: 5 New Member
    Also! Since pets has come out, do we have to complete the friend of the animals aspirations to get a pet?
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    TS does no longer seem to be active on Origin nor is her ruin to be found in the gallery :-( Anyone that still plays it and do have the the original ruin to share with me? I love this challenge and would love to try it out with seasons!
    AMB.jpg
    Hey, sorry for the very tardy answer, does anyone know how to get email notification when a thread is updated?

Neko_wa wrote: »
    Okay, probably a stupid question, so we cant use anything in the house starting out? Am I supposed to travel around as if I'm homeless? Can I get a job?
    That's a no for using objects in the house, that's a yes for the job :)

Neko_wa wrote: »
    Also! Since pets has come out, do we have to complete the friend of the animals aspirations to get a pet?
    I don't have the Pets EP but that seems like a good idea!

Bloudwed wrote: »
    TS does no longer seem to be active on Origin nor is her ruin to be found in the gallery :-( Anyone that still plays it and do have the the original ruin to share with me? I love this challenge and would love to try it out with seasons!
    I didn't delete anything so you should still be able to find the build.
    I didn't log in the game but I found my ID in the online gallery. You have to uncheck "selected by Maxis" in the advanced option (which is stupidly checked by default)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Welcome Back, @vnscecile :)
    vnscecile wrote: »
    Hey, sorry for the very tardy answer, does anyone know how to get email notification when a thread is updated?

When you're on your wall or the notifications page, click on the cogwheel "Account Options" that's to the left of the search bar. It should take you to "Notification Preferences" and there is a listing of situations. You can check "email" or "popup" or have both checked, depending upon your preferences. Hope this helps!
    Thank you!
  • NoebaNoeba Posts: 19 Member
    I found this amazing challenge when searching for interesting things to do in the Sims since I usually don't like legacy challenges. I updated and adjusted your rules to incorporate a few more packs, like Eco Lifestyle, Parenthood, Nifty Knitting... Would it be okay for you if I post them in a new thread (crediting you for the idea of course!), once I am allowed to create new threads?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top