Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heir To Ruins Challenge (need Get Together EP)

Comments

• BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Love the challenge so far! Want a link to my playthrough despite it being in swedish? ;-)
    1) Does the boxes in the staircase count as a "big" furniture to move aka will I need full athletic aspiration to actually gain access to floor 2?
    2) No clean or repair needed - but do I need to replace furniture/beds/ovens before I can use them?
    AMB.jpg
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @Bloudwed I'm not sure about the first question, but in her Let's Play, she mentioned that all the furniture was rotten from sitting for so long. So, it does need to be replaced before using.

It is a really fun challenge!
  • vnscecilevnscecile Posts: 60 Member
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    Love the challenge so far! Want a link to my playthrough despite it being in swedish? ;-)
    1) Does the boxes in the staircase count as a "big" furniture to move aka will I need full athletic aspiration to actually gain access to floor 2?
    2) No clean or repair needed - but do I need to replace furniture/beds/ovens before I can use them?

Oh yes, link me, i'd love to see someone play the challenge!

As for the boxes in the staircase, they're considered as decorative objects so you only need to complete the 1st milestone of the curator aspiration to get rid of them, and of course the 3rd milestone of the renaissance sim aspiration to access the 2nd floor.

In general, all the objects found in decoration (painting, potted plants, sculptures, clutter...) are decorative objects.
    Objects found anywhere else (comfort, surfaces, electronics, wardrobes, bookcases, etc.) are furniture.
    vnscecile wrote: »

Oh yes, link me, i'd love to see someone play the challenge!

As for the boxes in the staircase, they're considered as decorative objects so you only need to complete the 1st milestone of the curator aspiration to get rid of them, and of course the 3rd milestone of the renaissance sim aspiration to access the 2nd floor.

In general, all the objects found in decoration (painting, potted plants, sculptures, clutter...) are decorative objects.
    Objects found anywhere else (comfort, surfaces, electronics, wardrobes, bookcases, etc.) are furniture.

Oh, ofc! *Facepalm* Did not even consider them as decorative objects.... Here I was starting to sweat really bad! :-)

Here is a link to the story I have written: http://memyselfandmysims.se/tag/heir-to-ruins/
    AMB.jpg
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Oh My I am LOVING the look of this challenge . . .my 100 baby challenge may have to take a backseat for a while . . . :)
    I am off to download the lot!

THANK YOU x
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

But I have to admit I am biting the dust when it comes to removing the holes in the floor? Jsut HOW do you guys do it????
    AMB.jpg
    But I have to admit I am biting the dust when it comes to removing the holes in the floor? Jsut HOW do you guys do it????

click on the hole in build mode it should have arrows like a room, you can then drag to fill

My sim has just landed at the gates of this amazing house!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    aka DizziSquirrel

Liziann1 wrote: »

click on the hole in build mode it should have arrows like a room, you can then drag to fill

My sim has just landed at the gates of this amazing house!

When I did that, it moved some objects around (like the rugs). I had to try to put them back where they were lol. And yes, it is definitely an amazing house!! Would any of you let me know if your ballroom is correct? I'm not sure if I accidentally deleted something, or what, but my ballroom has no floor....
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    My ballroom is fine. But I accidentally deleted the floor of the kitchen LOL!! It happens when I am deleting twigs
    edited December 2016
    I am struggling, I've worked out my sim has to live off the neighbourhood for needs, and can harvest, dig, fish and look for frogs to earn money, he can now access the garden, do I need to change to botanist biw to clear the garden ? And how do I plant / weed to get botanist if I can't clear the land ??

Help please
    aka DizziSquirrel

@Meeshelby Thanks. I guess I may have deleted the floor somehow, although I'm not sure how, I haven't been clearing in the ballroom lol. I guess I'll add a floor. The twigs are there too, so that must have been what happened.

@Liziann1 The botanist aspiration helps you have access to the garden. I believe @vnscecile used the BFF lot to do some of that. You can plant in a planter box :)
    Going to be writing the story for it on my blog, so will share that soon.

@Liziann1 Can't wait to see how you like this challenge! I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. To plant/weed, you need to buy planter boxes and plant seeds in them. Then as they grow you can gain gardening skill.

@misfit091376 That makes sense lol...I was cursing myself when I did it, because I went back to live play before I realized it had happened and I couldn't just hit the undo button!
    My first chapter is written!! I changed up my sim's backstory a little bit. I hope that's ok!

https://meeshelbysims.wordpress.com/2016/12/14/heir-to-ruins-ch-1-new-beginnings/
  • lissa_raelissa_rae Posts: 3 New Member
    Meeshelby wrote: »
    My first chapter is written!! I changed up my sim's backstory a little bit. I hope that's ok!

Love it so far! Can't wait to see what happens next.
    lissa_rae wrote: »

Love it so far! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Thank you!!!
    Would any of you let me know if your ballroom is correct? I'm not sure if I accidentally deleted something, or what, but my ballroom has no floor....

Hi! Welcome on this challenge, I hope you'll have fun with it :)
    As for the ballroom, there is a bar area that is on a split level but it shouldn't delete the floor of the ballroom.
    The problem with just adding another floor is that there won't be holes in it that will need repairing.
    Maybe try to download the lot again?
    And when clearing the twigs, I prefer to grab them and sell them because it's easy to delete things you don't want to with the deleting tool.

Here is a link to the story I have written: http://memyselfandmysims.se/tag/heir-to-ruins/

Thank you! Love it so far :)

https://meeshelbysims.wordpress.com/2016/12/14/heir-to-ruins-ch-1-new-beginnings/

No problem, the main goal is that you have fun with it!
    Awesome start, I love it!

such wonderful detail! I love your story so far, Thank you for sharing x
    thanks for the feedback, I am plodding along :)
    aka DizziSquirrel

what do you do when a $31,000 bill drop through the box ?
    aka DizziSquirrel

@Meeshelby Oh no, that does make it tough. I really hate when I go into live mode and then realize something is wrong. I'll read your story in a little bit after the kids are off to school :)

@vnscecile That's true. I didn't think about that. You can see where the triangles are supposed to be. I'll try to put a screenshot on here in a bit when I have time. I could redownload it, but I'd have to screenshot my progress so far and try to duplicate it. It sounds like that's my only option, though. I've cleared the front path and some of the inside. And have my dragonfruit going. I'll try to put that in my family inventory. Thanks! Ah, I bet it is easier to grab the twigs!!

@Liziann1 There's a cheat on the front page in the description that will help you add the 31k to your funds, and then pay the bill. Or you can add 31k to what you have and use the "money" cheat, then pay the bill.
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    what do you do when a $31,000 bill drop through the box ?

Use the cheat sims.modify_funds [amount of the bill] and pay the bill.
    If you find a mod that disables bills entilely, that's also great.
    @Meeshelby Love your story so far!!
    Speaking of high bills: MC Command Center allows you to lower your bills to almost 0!
    AMB.jpg
    Thanks @Bloudwed !
    Thank you everyone for the feedback on my story so far! And I didn't even think about the holes being gone when I rebulit the floor...@vnscecile or anyone...can you tell me how many holes and what sizes they are in the kitchen? I'll deduct it from my money. I REALLY don't want to have to download the whole lot and start over if I don't have to.

For the bills...I've been using motherlode to give me enough to pay them and then deducting my money back to what it was before that. Does that goof anything up?
    @Meeshelby 4 small, 2 medium in the kitchen

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top