Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pirate EP! Smuggling, dueling, live on ship (or build own) and more!

Comments

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Yes! We need some pirates (Other than the costumes from spooky). I'm totally diggin would defiantly bring more interesting game play. :D
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    KishiNova12KishiNova12 Posts: 100 Member
    need a medieval expansion for this to happen also needs to go to a totally different dimension and once that is done pirates should be added to it problem is that would be bad for the sims team they would have to work on it as a side project for a really long time and it would probably need to be almost as big as they base game excluding the work of adding the pirates
  • Options
    ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    I would love this. I really would love more of this sort of game. And so much thought you have put into it. Such detailed ideas. Wish EA would do it.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Valeah wrote: »
    I would love this. I really would love more of this sort of game. And so much thought you have put into it. Such detailed ideas.Wish EA would do it.

I wish so too :lol: Thank you :smile:
  • Options
    makorthawatmakorthawat Posts: 18 Member
    i agree.this is excellent idea!
  • Options
    szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    Valeah wrote: »
    I would love this. I really would love more of this sort of game. And so much thought you have put into it. Such detailed ideas.Wish EA would do it.

I wish so too :lol: Thank you :smile:

Me too *-*
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Options
    I updated the main post to be a bit more reader-friendly, and by that I mean that I added more photos. So many walls of text can get boring to stare at. I hope this makes reading it more fun! Thanks for all the positive feedback x
  • Options
    szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    I updated the main post to be a bit more reader-friendly, and by that I mean that I added more photos. So many walls of text can get boring to stare at. I hope this makes reading it more fun! Thanks for all the positive feedback x

Reading your ideas is already fun by itself, because they are very creative and things that would be great to have in the game. But I like the pictures too, these are great and we can see a bit how it could be in the game. Excellent pictures choice, by the way. :)
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Options
    szMermaid wrote: »

Reading your ideas is already fun by itself, because they are very creative and things that would be great to have in the game. But I like the pictures too, these are great and we can see a bit how it could be in the game. Excellent pictures choice, by the way. :)

Thank you very much @szMermaid :blush:
  • Options
    YoGummyBearYoGummyBear Posts: 41 Member
    Yes!!! I wish I could give this more than 1 like! I feel like this could be so amazing! I'd love to see this in the Sims!
    grimbunny-wallpaper-the-sims-4.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Tehehe check out the submarine and adult playing pirate in the Toddler Stuff pack trailer :smirk:
    *knows it isn't a hint but clings onto the thought anyway*
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
  • Options
    MeffyMeffy Posts: 2 New Member
    I love how detailed and thought-out this post is.
    I think that adding these features could also enable the fisherman/woman job
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    This makes me want to play Sims Medieval with Pirates & Nobles expansion pack. I just wish that game had been more sandboxy. The characters were tied down too much with their daily required tasks.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    This makes me want to play Sims Medieval with Pirates & Nobles expansion pack. I just wish that game had been more sandboxy. The characters were tied down too much with their daily required tasks.

This game played a roll in my inspiration for the idea! I had considered buying Sims Medieval, but I always research games beforehand. I realized that the game is actually not like Sims at all because it doesn't offer the free simulation experience, which put me off of getting it and made me wish that we had a medieval-type game that still offers all the freedom of standard Sims. That lead to this idea, which isn't medieval but offers the option of playing in a medieval style but also allows you to play in any time period. One can already play "Medieval" in Sims 4 through building styles, clothing and cutting out modern technology, but this pack would add another wonderful option with loads of period decor and outfits, while also being functional even when you are not playing historically.

In one of my favourite book series from when I was younger, there were vampires that were pirates (Vampirates lol), and the story was set in the future, after a flood from the melted icebergs changed the earth quite a bit. There are also pirates roaming the seas today in real life (though their motives are not T-rated...). Don't forget Treasure planet! (Alien pirates :smiley: )

What I'm trying to convey, is this: this pack is suitable for almost all time periods, thus it can be integrated into most stories that you'd like to tell through your game. And even if you don't really want to be a pirate in a specific save, you are free to create any ship you please, thus you can build a fancy cruise ship filled with a "crew" of rich housewives that like sipping "juice" and kidnapping handsome men. Or just enjoy the beautiful world that comes with it as a tropical getaway, or use it as a template for your challenges/stories by bulldozing the lots and building your own ones. Since this world is basically an overgrown forest island, but has the occasional wooden building so you do actually have lots to build out your kingdom (plus one 64x64 lot [the wealthy pirate lord Augustus Blackbeard's dwelling] on a cliff where you can build a castle, should you please) and has basically no infrastructure, it is the perfect world for a history challenge.

In conclusion: many birds will be exterminated by one stone with this pack, metaphorically speaking. Maxis, PLEASE make it :lol::blush:
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I think this sounds like an excellent idea! It is well thought through and there is lots of interesting gameplay.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I love this idea! I used to be against those kind of ideas, because what if a townie wears the wrong clothes or premades stop by in their regular clothes, it would destroy the atmosphere. However, since Dine out allows you to set the type of clothes you are allowed to wear at a restaurant and GT allows to set club outfits, I feel like this pack can be done. What if they patched in that sims have to wear a set of particular outfits when in the neighborhood. That would also work for the ones we have now. What if sims have to wear summer clothes when visiting Oasis Springs?
  • Options
    I love this idea! I used to be against those kind of ideas, because what if a townie wears the wrong clothes or premades stop by in their regular clothes, it would destroy the atmosphere. However, since Dine out allows you to set the type of clothes you are allowed to wear at a restaurant and GT allows to set club outfits, I feel like this pack can be done. What if they patched in that sims have to wear a set of particular outfits when in the neighborhood. That would also work for the ones we have now. What if sims have to wear summer clothes when visiting Oasis Springs?

This thought (weird dressing) has crossed my mind. However, I think the pirate-y clothes could be under "work outfits" and set not to spawn on sims that aren't in the Pirate Career to avoid this :)
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Brilliant idea! My next question is: Why don't you just play The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles?
    q6I6eHl.jpg
    iwRVl1K.jpg
  • Options
    Brilliant idea! My next question is: Why don't you just play The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles?
    q6I6eHl.jpg
    iwRVl1K.jpg

As I stated in a previous comment, I concidered it but didn't like that it wasn't really a sandbox simulator. I'd like to be able to play this type of thing in full sims style and having absolute freedom :)
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    [quote="Dannydanbo;c-15801010"]There's already a stand alone Sims game about pirating. We do not need to waste time remaking what we already have.[/quote]

Yet every new sims that come out repeats all the other content from the one before. If you're refering to sims medieval it doesn't really compare to this idea.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Ahh all of the sailor content from Cats and Dogs is making me wish for pirates so bad! The references, little stories about pirates on the furniture and all the sailor decor make me so happy!
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    I'm going to be honest: I would like this more as its own Sims spin-off game. Maybe even a spin-off series. It just strikes me as something that is best served by the attention to detail and development that being its own game would bring.
  • Options
    MayFlower49MayFlower49 Posts: 262 Member
    This would be a lot of work but it would also be freaking awesome!
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Sushi8104 wrote: »
    This would be a lot of work but it would also be freaking awesome!

Yes, it is a lot of work and it is a new idea that simmers haven't really tried yet, which makes it a bit risky and makes me nervous that they might not do it. However, I think it would be so amazing and worth it. Sims is a life simulation, but what makes it unique is that you can also simulate just about any other life - modern life or historical or fantasy - if you get enough resources. Just think about how many new oppurtunities would be opened up with this! Ahh it makes me excited.

It would actually be very wise of Maxis to try to incorporate many other game genres into this game to make it like the ultimate version of that genre or something. Look how many players Dine Out attracted - it allowed them to run a restaurant in a detailed way they never could before. They could now build their own restaurant and play the characters instead of just choosing the colour of the curtains.
    Similarily, people who like pirate games and RPG can now do that, but actually also live their characters' day-to-day lives, choose their own stories and continue the sims' lives even after the plot is finished.
    One of my favourite games is Harvest Moon, so to be able to not only run a cool farm but also actually live with the characters and create families etc, would be the ultimate awesome farm game for me.

This is a super long ramble, but I like to write and I hope it gets a point accross hahaha.