Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pirate EP! Smuggling, dueling, live on ship (or build own) and more!

Comments

• Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    @monraelis12
    Mm it is probably true that Pirates aren't something every simmer thinks of when they hear "What EP do you want?" Seasons, Pets etc. are EPs that basically everyone wants, myself included :blush: However, because they are so popular, they will be priority and will most likely be released in the near future (these EPs usually appear about 2-3 years into a franchise, which is where we are now).
    Thus, these will be released before the Pirate pack, so simmers will be satisfied with their basics and be able to enjoy this as an interesting extra :)
    The team is trying to release new content that we haven't had before, and pirates and Princess Cordelia is a big theme in TS4 as well as something that hasn't been explored in previous iterations, so it fits with TS4's theme and is something very refreshing and fun.
    I must admit that I am really happy to see that most of the feedback on this thread is positive, which is a good indication that this pack is something that will most likely be very succesful! I am super passionate about this idea and really want it to happen.

Sorry about the long reply :lol: Your comment just gave me the oppurtunity to express these thoughts. Happy simming! :smile:
    edited October 2018
    edited November 2018
    edited March 2017
    Hey Guys!
    Here is a really cool video from Chrillsims explaining Princess Cordelia's life story! I found it really interesting and fun. And I would absolutely love to have the kingdom world from Princess Cordelia's painting in TS4 :open_mouth: So beautiful!

https://youtu.be/tNOy1ECwR2g
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
    edited November 2018
    Ok guys, I might just be losing my mind, but this is the second time that pirates are mentioned in the patch notes:

pirate%201_zpscs9auhum.png
    (shortly after toddler patch)
    pirate%202_zpsoqcdu4ou.png
    (most recent patch)

The first time, I was like "nah chill that doesn't mean anything" but this is the SECOND mention and it may be (and obviously is) just a referential joke but ahhhhh I can't.
    *Desperately prays for this Pirate Pack*
    edited November 2018
    I made some concept art for the pack's stuff! In advance, I apologize for my bad photoshop skills :lol:

concept%20art%20pirate%20fancy_zpseun8wyxs.png

These are luxurious, fancy pirate furniture for the pirates who like to decorate their ships with only the finest. All of the furniture have splashes of gold (some more than others) and pretty patterns engraved into the gold and wood. Most of them are upholstered with lush red cushions.

The bed has a tall headboard of red upholstery and gold detail around the rims, as well as a gold footboard.
    The matching bedside table is of rich brown wood, gold at the edges and a cute golden crab (or shell) handle.

There is a large table with rounded edges with a map painted onto the smooth wood. This map is decorated with a few cute details like palm trees, ships in the ocean and a sea monster. This should come in a variety of swatches, including swatches where all the paint is brown and white for a more traditional look. A similar carpet with a map in the middle, ships and patterns around the edges would also be really cool :smiley:

Lastly, here are two fancy throne-like chairs upholstered in red and with some gold detail at the tops. The first one is more plain with a lot of wood, but the second is perfect for brooding in front of a massive fireplace.

The lighter gold within the gold are places where little details like skulls, shells or crabs can be inserted.

I will probably make another set soon that features driftwood-style pirate furniture for a real scurvy theme :smiley:
    As you can imagine, I'd like the furniture and decor to be in 3 themes: fancyyy (above), driftwood, and some general sailor-themed stuff like wood that is painted in white and blue, plain wood, fishing nets and life bouees (I really don't know how to spell that) etc.
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    edited March 2017
    This thread is a delight. I love your ideas and enthusiasm. I'd snap up your Pirate EP tomorrow if only there could be one.

Just a small favour - go easy on the shanties. In Sims 2 I could never get the blessed thing out of my head once I'd heard it. My housemate used to complain too. Especially if I turned up the sound to be annoying :D

Oh - it's buoys :)
    Don't feed the trolls
    ratsrbest wrote: »
    This thread is a delight. I love your ideas and enthusiasm. I'd snap up your Pirate EP tomorrow if only there could be one.

Just a small favour - go easy on the shanties. In Sims 2 I could never get the blessed thing out of my head once I'd heard it. My housemate used to complain too. Especially if I turned up the sound to be annoying :D

Oh - it's buoys :)

Thank you :smiley: It's great to hear when people like the idea :blush: And honestly I'm relieved that someone else than me has finally commented on the thread again :lol:
    Ah those sea shanties are so catchy! Just can't get them out of your head :smile:
  • HeatherRinskiHeatherRinski Posts: 32 Member
    I love the idea. Add in some mermaids to build on the supernatural element and I'm sure it would be amazing...do I ever think it will make it, no
    :( but hay future stuff for Sims3 seemed waked to me and it seems to be an old favorite for many. ps. no time machine if there are going to be pirates just let their be pirates not something goofy like that with ONE time period to go to seems a waste.
  • HeatherRinskiHeatherRinski Posts: 32 Member
    meant hey not hay
  • MierinSedai21MierinSedai21 Posts: 14 New Member
    Wow! This is an amazing idea!!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I haven't looked at this thread in depth yet but skimming through, I like it a lot.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    edited November 2018
    After trying to make more concept art and miserably failing, I settled on making collages. Not very good collages, but they convey the idea :lol:

Driftwood-style stuff:driftwood%20collage_zps6z5me112.png

And, because it's pirates, a whole collage specially for bottles:
    bottles%20collage_zpsi4yv4vac.png
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member

I would love that!

It would also be cool if from time to time, a sea monster would appear for them to fight at the edge of the beach, or inside the ship. They could fight with their swords, in groups against the monster or alone. If they win the fight, they celebrate victory, the wounded would need a time of rest for recovery, but some of them could die in battle. Witch, also match the pirate theme, so they could help in the fight with magic. And for the Sims who died, in a sign of respect and honor, they would put their bodies in a boat, with flowers and would ignite it, while the boat follows the course in the river, and everybody observe, saying goodbye.
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
    edited October 2018
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I think this could work as a part of a island vacation pack.
    l
    The 'sailor' style stuff could work nicely for the 'proper' accommodation, and the driftwood type stuff could work nicely for a cheap beach shack, and the piraty stuff for a secret pirate hideaway, and pirate ship.
    There could even be some nice yachts for the pirates to board.

Houseboats were a nice concept in ts3, but I think this could take it a step further, with having some below decks space, with the furnishings fitting in against the walls/sides of the ship.
    Or just leave the space open, for your sailors to hang their hammocks
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There's already a stand alone Sims game about pirating. We do not need to waste time remaking what we already have.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    no i fully disagree with this idea i would muvcch rather see pets seasons and more vacation spots
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    Come on you party poopers!
    Read my post!

I've figured out how it can be included in a vacation pack! Island holidays with pirates! Who wouldn't want that? Sticks in the mud, that's who.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Yesssssssss

Honestly this entire theme could potentially have it's own game like the Sims Medieval <3 So much potential and opportunities!
    Movotti wrote: »
    Come on you party poopers!
    Read my post!

I've figured out how it can be included in a vacation pack! Island holidays with pirates! Who wouldn't want that? Sticks in the mud, that's who.

Unfortunately, I disagree with it being combined with Island Paradise. This pirate idea is very detailed and would basically need an EP of its own. Thus, if it is combined with IP, it would be a side-thought and a major waste of the theme. I'd rather have a focussed IP with a beautiful big world, scuba diving, mermaids and resort-running so we can have the best experience possible with that, and then a focussed pirate pack later on that is fully fleshed-out on its own. And, since this pack would require a new world for the ships to be on an ocean, sims can visit it and have a holiday here, thus acting as a "vacation spot," or people can buy both packs and make a resort in the pirate world for an actual IP vacation there.

I suspect that you're being playfully sarcastic with your comment @movotti because I know you're not interested in Island Paradise, so your humour has not blown over my head, but I'd like to get the above thought across to others who might be thinking about the hybrid EP.
    edited October 2018
    no i fully disagree with this idea i would muvcch rather see pets seasons and more vacation spots

This pack, if it is ever made, would most definitely be one of the last packs because the most popular ones like Seasons and Pets would obviously be made first, thus it would not affect their development.
    Unfortunately, I disagree with it being combined with Island Paradise.
    I never said island paradise.
    I don't know if you've noticed or not (probably not, judging by your reply), TS4 doesn't really repeat TS3 packs. So, there won't be any island paradise. Pirate paradise is far more likely :)
    This pirate idea is very detailed and would basically need an EP of its own. Thus, if it is combined with IP, it would be a side-thought and a major waste of the theme.
    You're not thinking outside the box.
    This is the perfect theme to add to an island vacation pack, to get the concept out of the box.
    I'd rather have a focussed IP with a beautiful big world, scuba diving, mermaids and resort-running so we can have the best experience possible with that
    I highly doubt that they're going to make a repeat pack like that, since they're not making repeat packs. :)
    I suspect that you're being playfully sarcastic with your comment @movotti because I know you're not interested in Island Paradise, so your humour has not blown over my head, but I'd like to get the above thought across to others who might be thinking about the hybrid EP.
    Nope, I was dead serious.
    This is about the only way to get me interested in an island vacation themed pack :)
    It acutally makes me want a pack that combines tropical island vacations with pirates.

I'm not into island vacations on their own, they're as boring as watching paint dry, but add pirates and I'm there!

Ehehehe, just realized that, with the Parenting GP, you can have bad-mannered, farting, burping and swearing pirates! Perfectly immersive :lol::wink: