Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Hire Singer" Missing from Microphone

IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
I love that our sims can now sing with the mic, but why can't I hire a singer like I can hire a comedian? Please add this option to the microphone. In addition, the hire interaction (for all objects) should only appear on lots that our sims own but should auto-hire on community lots.

I don't remember which gurus worked on City Living, so can someone tag them to this thread, please? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    Wait, we can sing with the mic now??!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW. *hurriedly gets in game to buy mic stand*

That's a good suggestion tho.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Wait, we can sing with the mic now??!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW. *hurriedly gets in game to buy mic stand*

That's a good suggestion tho.

Sure can. That's one of the main things that impressed me about CL.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    It's something I'd very much like to see as well. Lounges would be all the interesting if they could have Singers perform.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Because we don't have "singers"
  • Options
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    Because we don't have "singers"

@ikiamyetta I don't understand what you mean? A comedian is just a sim that has the qualifications (skills) to fulfill the role. A caterer is a sim that can cook. A singer would be a qualifying sim that has the singing skill.
  • Options
    I know but I don't think they've made it a thing yet
  • Options
    I know but I don't think they've made it a thing yet
    Right. That's why I'm asking for it. ;)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I kind of wish that we could make our own bands then have singers to back them up.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if no one there even thought about it @IceyJ
  • Options
    I kind of wish that we could make our own bands then have singers to back them up.
    So do I. That was such a missed opportunity in TS3. Bands will probably make a return and hopefully EA will make the effort this time to do them right.
    I'm sure they didn't. Just like they didn't think about butlers cooking vegetarian food. It can't be easy trying to think of every single thing a player might want. Even if they could think of everything, I understand that only so much can be added to each pack.

I just wish that they'd spend time adding missing features to previously released packs. I'm still waiting for my GTW cash registers, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    So do I. That was such a missed opportunity in TS3. Bands will probably make a return and hopefully EA will make the effort this time to do them right.
    I'm sure they didn't. Just like they didn't think about butlers cooking vegetarian food. It can't be easy trying to think of every single thing a player might want. Even if they could think of everything, I understand that only so much can be added to each pack.

I just wish that they'd spend time adding missing features to previously released packs. I'm still waiting for my GTW cash registers, but I doubt that'll ever happen

They kind of do that already, they patched in kids outfits for Spa Day.
  • Options
    @MrMonty96 Really? I think I missed that. Was there a reason for doing it, like the original outfits were buggy, or something? What I meant was after a pack is released and everyone gives feedback, I wish EA would utilize that feedback to add things that the players felt were missing. Like the ability to use registers for check out, taking active sims to the doctor when they get sick, seeing policemen and criminal activity even when not playing the career, allowing our active family to fulfill the chef, waiter and host roles, patching CL to allow buildable apartments... You know, that kind of stuff.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I love that our sims can now sing with the mic, but why can't I hire a singer like I can hire a comedian? Please add this option to the microphone. In addition, the hire interaction (for all objects) should only appear on lots that our sims own but should auto-hire on community lots.

I don't remember which gurus worked on City Living, so can someone tag them to this thread, please? Thanks.

@SimGuruGrant
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.