Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLits - A Short Story Challenge with new themes every month and voting for winners

Comments

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @mastressalita Wofie and I had a brief discussion on the subject and decided that it's fine for you to post about this thread in the news feed, since you're simply promoting it the same way you would for any other community thread and aren't trying to solicit votes for yourself.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Awesome stories for last month! Voted :)

I have an idea I can use for this month's, so I'm a little excited to see if I could get it under 500.
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Here's my entry, done in my usual time:

Nothing Fishy About This
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    I was just wondering, do we have to sign up to do this or can we just post a story for it? I was thinking of participating if I find the time.
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Options
    SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member

Finally got around to writing an entry. As soon as I saw the theme I knew exactly what I was going to write about. Enjoy.
    Reunion
  • Options
    @lopithecus No sign-ups; just post the link to your story here once you've posted it. Even if you can't finish it within the month, or want to go back and do a story for the previous month, you're still welcome to post it here and we can put it on the "for fun" list :) I hope you'll join us!
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Wow so many early stories... I'm going to feel like a double slacker this month if I take my sweet time like last month... but I've only just begun to think on on it.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    @ra3rei I'm sure you'll come up with something brilliant!
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm back home so I finally typed mine out :) I scribbled it in a notebook so I could remember what I wanted to write while I was away. :joy:

Early Retirement
  • Options
    Just a quick rule clarification: inserting an image into your story that's just text in a different font does not count towards your image count. If anyone wants to edit a post they've entered to add this, feel free.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Hey guys! Please feel free to check the submissions post if you've submitted a story to make sure your story is there! I just finished updating it with the list of submissions that I saw. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    I'll be updating the submissions list in my post in a couple hours when I'm at a physical computer :)
  • Options
    Submissions are updated to this point.
    Here's my story for this month, which is going in the for fun category: Max and Me
  • Options
    PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    New at this forum thing, how do I submit an entry? Post a link here?
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • Options
    Hi @PatchouliNitt ! Yep, just post the link to your story here. I can't wait to read it :)
  • Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    Hi @PatchouliNitt ! Yep, just post the link to your story here. I can't wait to read it :)
    I forgot one thing- since you're a new member, you'll probably need to break up the link in order for the forums to let you post it. Just put spaces where the dots go (or something else similar to that) and I can put it back together and post it properly for you.
  • Options
    PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    This is my entry to June's Short Story Challenge (The Most Relaxed Job Ever). I'll just paste the address, thanks!

https://patchoulisims.wordpress.com/short-stories/the-relaxed-job-ever/
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • Options
    @PatchouliNitt Thank you for entering!
  • Options
    Hey guys! Make sure to check the main challenge post to make sure that I have all of your stories listed! :)
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    Okay, I might not have time to do this after all. I have another writing project that is due this month (that is 30K+ words) and really need to focus on that. I'll just wait until July to do that challenge.
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
  • Options
    @lopithecus Good luck on your other writing project, and we look forward to having you in July!
  • Options
    @Pegasus143 Thank you
    k55mmxl
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited June 2017
    @lopithecus : You can also always do any challenge theme simply "for fun" at any time and it will be added to the "For Fun" section of the entry lists, as well. Even if, say, you wanted to do the theme from last year's December in the middle of July! ^_^ So never let time be an issue if you want to do a theme.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    And now, for the results that I almost forgot to post again.... :)

Also, if I misspelled your username, it's because I have to type them by hand since my computer doesn't want to tag people. >-<

In third place we have:
    @ra3rei with For Lucy
    In second place we have:
    @Karababy52 with Hold Me Close
    In first place we have:
    @Babygirl80Plyr with Absolution
  • Options
    Babygirl80PlyrBabygirl80Plyr Posts: 1,493 Member
    And now, for the results that I almost forgot to post again.... :)

In first place we have:
    @Babygirl80Plyr with Absolution

You're all so kind <3 Good luck with this month's challenge!