Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Constructive Criticism Thread.

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    edited November 2016
    This is more of an idea, but it would have been nice to be able to build e.g. a cafe, a gym and a bar together in one floor of an apartment building.

You could still get the loading screens but it would give us more possibilities for commercial properties!
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited November 2016
    I bought City Living yesterday and so far I am loving it.

That being said, I'm really sad that there isn't a music festival. With the new singing skill and the karaoke, I'm surprised there is not. It's a missed opportunity.

I do also wish that San Myshuno were bigger and that it had more lots, and that we are basically stuck with the apartments that EA/maxis gave us.

Other than those things, I have no complaints.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2016
    Welcome to the City Living constructive criticism thread.

This thread is for those of us who think CL falls short in one aspect or another. Here we can discuss why we didn't buy it, or if we did buy it, what it could have done better.

Please note: This thread isn't for bashing, nor is it a place to argue others opinions. This is a place for people to let the devs know what you feel they could have done better and what to add or improve upon next time. Fans and skeptics welcome. Be good to each other and post about THE GAME. This is not a place to try to invalidate others opinions. If criticisms about the game upsets you, this probably isn't the best thread to read.

I can't leave constructive critisism for this EP. It does not interest me. I can only leave constructive critisism for the game as a whole.

I can live without toddlers. I can live without vehicles and photo booths. I can live without terrain tools. I can live without many things if I found an ounce of enjoyment out of a game. I play many. It's easy for me to pretend it's simply another universe. What I can't live without is a lack of gameplay. Repetitiveness has always been my enemy. I don't have a routine bone in my body and I get bored if there aren't enough new things around me. Even in RL, I am constantly learning new things and trying new things. I enjoy diversity, and I enjoy advancing and moving on.

Having said that, I feel I can safely say that is why this EP does not interest me in the least. There is nothing new. Apartment shells are just lots designed to look like a building from what I gather. More ways to manipulate emotions and skills is old. It was old before even GTW came out. Markets don't interest me at all if there isn't enough new things and new ways to do them to pull me in while sending a sim to them.

I may be wrong, but to me, it all looks stale and limited like it's been from day one. All I really can say is that even if I'm wrong, Maxis lost a customer a while ago because of their lack of innovation. There isn't much they can do now to draw me back in. FX is not gameplay. Playing with emotions is no more fun that playing bejewled. It's repetitive, short-lived, and boring. That game lasted maybe a month on my phone back when I first got one. I haven't had it since.
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I cannot stand how Hip Hop cannot join with Spop, World, and Talk Radio. I don't like how it ends like that. As VentusMatt was telling me, Spop is a Korean/Japanese pop station, World is a cultural station, and Talk Radio is a talk show radio station, @VentusMatt thanks for the warning for last month!
  • Options
    shaposh2012shaposh2012 Posts: 760 Member
    For a city, it feels surprisingly sparse. I was truly surprised when I realized there are no empty lots where one could place a restaurant or a coffee shop -- the sort of businesses that are plentiful in cities.
  • Options
    LokanyaLokanya Posts: 166 Member
    I found that the entire expansion pack felt really watered down. Even the features they did give us were bland even though they had so much potentials. Festivals could have had so much more to them besides eating and talking, talking and eating. It would have been cool to be able to design our own and set them into the scheduled, as well as have some new unique interactions to them.

The Apartment buildings are nice, I do actually like the lot traits, but to be honest it didn't really hold my attention long enough to fully get into them. Unfortunately I think they missed the potential on apartments... I mean, why can't we build our own? Why can't we put them into other neighborhoods? and where are the room mates?!

I really think that the celebrity system should have been included with the singing skill (but a revamped system that made it more difficult to be a celebrity and so that not everyone and their uncle could be one). The band system would have gone in great here especially given the karaoke and the singing skill. Not to mention adding in vampires (I know, I know a lot of people don't like these specialty Sims but I find they help replay-ability and make for other interesting stories)

Another thing that I think missed its mark as far as potential was the blogging/social media profession. This would have been a perfect place to allow us to 'post' our stories in game. We could have actually made the blog posts, uploaded our pictures (like in Sims 3 where I was super excited every time I accomplished something 'post worthy') and had our Sims 2equse photo albums!

Anyways, just my two cents. :)