Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want with Cars?

This is just to personally enlighten me, because I'm somewhat confused. I've seen people asking for cars for the Sims 4, but I'm not sure how you want them to work. Because we have a semi-open world system, the cars wouldn't be able to move like in the Sims 3, where you could watch it drive, It would be more like a Sims 2 style where the cars would drive out of the playable area and disappear, is that what you mean by wanting cars? And is this purely aesthetic, is it the fact you want to be able to give your sim a truck, or a sports car, to match their house, but want it to go beyond the fuzzy enlarged toys?

I'm not saying this as to mean 'You shouldn't want cars because...', I'm just generally curious as to what you mean when you say 'I want cars in the Sims 4'

Comments

• Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I was in the whole "It doesn't make sense to want them..." boat, but then I had a thought when I played the game. All you see is people walking, although that is healthy and all, it's also way too unrealistic when you decide to go to another world and there is an auto loading screen or you have to wait until they walk all the way to the end of the neighborhood. It's all: walk to school, walk to work, walk to the bar, walk to the gym, etc. Cars would not only add realism, but a new career as well as an entire new hobby for say teens and up. Teens can work on cars with their father/mother, or work on it themselves and sell it like Sims 2. Overall, it just seems so weird when you take a step back and just see that all the sims walk everywhere. It's fine to walk when your going somewhere else in the neighborhood, but if it's outside of said neighborhood you should be in a car or at least a taxi like in old games. Otherwise, it's just silly imagining them having to walk, and think about the kids who stay out too late and have to walk a long way to home.
  • Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    edited October 2016
    I would like cars as both a simmer and an autophile IRL, it would feel more realistic in my gameplay. Even if they are like TS2 cars, it would still feel more realistic (whether my sims owned them or they carpooled) than not having them at all. Especially since all Sims 4 neighborhoods/worlds are suburban (with the exception of the upcoming CL), having cars would "fit."
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    but if it's outside of said neighborhood you should be in a car or at least a taxi like in old games.
    I do wish we had taxis back.

• Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    but if it's outside of said neighborhood you should be in a car or at least a taxi like in old games.
    I do wish we had taxis back.

Yeah, it would make the experience of leaving your neighborhood more fun and cool. I am not liking the whole family spending a day at another world, then watching them one by one running in the middle of the night towards a woodsy place to go home.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I would like to see cars and school buses in the sims 4. Besides driving to the end of the neighborhood, cars can be used as a place for woohoo, fooling around, listening to music, and as the survey said on road trips. I would like to see an active career as a mechanic, being able to fix up old cars, and even having a filling station that you could stop at. We have all kinds of other lots, why not a filling station you could take a car to? It could also house the mechanic shop., and it could be used to sell oil, tires, car parts etc, that you could buy to put a car together. With cars we could also make another retail lot, a car dealership. I would like to see the return of cars and trucks.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2016
    The first thing I love to do is ... collecting them !

mbamgg10.jpg
    screen17.jpg
    screen19.jpg
    screen18.jpg

I would also like to play MX/SX and ATV/Quad in 50x50 Circuit lot.

generi10.jpg
    92069710.jpg