Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sims 4 expasnion packs are smaller than in sims 3?!

adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member

t i wanna say that latenight featured what get to gether and city-living will fueatres and more! i am not hating on sims 4 actually i am really exited to play city living and yes i know they put more effort into every pack in the sims 4 not like sims 3 because they are different but really get to gether could have been anyother pack honestly and they could have added all of that from gtg to cityliving which could have made it stand out!

Comments

• Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    I do think that Get Together was pretty small but mostly because clubs were useless for me. I regret buying it, not enough content in a pack for me.
    I'm not sure how apartments work in city living but if they're like TS3, I dont think I'll bother getting this pack.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I can't comment on content yet as we haven't seen all the content from CL so it wouldn't be a fair comparision.
  • Options
    @Goldbear86 and @Ifreshyeh you are right but in the sims 3 every ep really just really delivered alot like ambitions, latenight, pets, seasons supernatural, university life , island paradise and that just a few and no i a not hating on the sims 4 actually i really enjoy it but the sims 4 eps was just they could have delivered more especially get together BUT from what city living looks like from the trailer and that livestream that they made like 15 hours ago cl might just deliver :)
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    i have to agree the expension packs on sims 4 are lacking
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    edited September 2016
    i have to agree the expension packs on sims 4 are lacking

thanks btw i signed for you petition like 3 days ago @husseinandali :) i am number 28 there
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    No, my impressions are different. The only huge ep I can think of was Island Paradise. The rest provided less content (maybe not necessarily by numbers but by the experience it provided). Generations was a bad joke. The scripted events were fun and a very good idea but overall by far the worst dlc I've every seen in any game (for the cost).
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    To an extent I agree and find they're not much different from game packs except that they're more general gameplay rather than specific. I like GT but GTW was very poor imo. And even though I like GT... It's tiny. I think CL is already better as it seems to be adding a bigger world (some disagree but this is my interpretation from what we know so far) and the lot traits as well as festivals and apartments and those are all expansion pack worthy. So hopefully things will just keep getting better
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited September 2016
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    No, my impressions are different. The only huge ep I can think of was Island Paradise. The rest provided less content (maybe not necessarily by numbers but by the experience it provided). Generations was a bad joke. The scripted events were fun and a very good idea but overall by far the worst dlc I've every seen in any game (for the cost).

Lmao, generations have added a lot more gameplay than the sims 4 has ever such as strollers, wedding gifts, camera recorders, bachorlette parties and pranks. The sims 4 only adds objects and very little gameplay with the expansions. For apartments, its just basically another lot that is same as a house but looks like an apartment, nothing amazing.

• Options
    edited September 2016

i am kind of disagree with you a bit @HalloMolli not trying to be mean but you are correct its the smallest but one of the best here are some of the best things about this ep tree houses, pranks, punishment,after school activities,imaginary friend, new toddler interactions, spiral staricases,new job daycare profession, new traits like nurturing i just love genarations alot! :) oh yeah and strollers and wedding arches bachelor parties! its really not a small ep after i think about it @finbar659 completly agree with you :) the smallest ep in sims 3 is probably showtime
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    To an extent I agree and find they're not much different from game packs except that they're more general gameplay rather than specific. I like GT but GTW was very poor imo. And even though I like GT... It's tiny. I think CL is already better as it seems to be adding a bigger world (some disagree but this is my interpretation from what we know so far) and the lot traits as well as festivals and apartments and those are all expansion pack worthy. So hopefully things will just keep getting better

i agree i honestly think that get together had less items from what dine out had! @Lomelindi7 city living might just revive my excitement for the sims 4 for a couple of weeks but other than that the sims 3 still remain my fav
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    adamzaid wrote: »

i am kind of disagree with you a bit @HalloMolli not trying to be mean but you are correct its the smallest but one of the best here are some of the best things about this ep tree houses, pranks, punishment,after school activities,imaginary friend, new toddler interactions, spiral staricases,new job daycare profession, new traits like nurturing i just love genarations alot! :) oh yeah and strollers and wedding arches bachelor parties! its really not a small ep after i think about it @finbar659 completly agree with you :)

I won't argue over this. Hey, if you feel that the value was good, I am ok with that.

Features I in fact liked: Day-care (although it was done very poorly, I mean, you just click on the toddler and choose an interaction of a pool of overall 4), scripted events such as bachelor and teen parties (absolutely amazing, one of the best features in the whole franchise, I love scripted events involving npc-sims), video camera, the spiral staircase and the imaginary friend was cool as well.

The rest was just 'set dressing' (rabbithole interactions) and a handful of objects.

Just for the records: On metacritic (userscore) it's also the worst rated ep (with a big gap to the next one): http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-sims-3-generations

---

If you google for "best expansions pack + sims 3" you'll find out that Late Night was by far the most popular ep among simmers (I think LGR has it ranked also very high on his list).

source: http://www.thetoptens.com/best-sims-3-expansion-packs/

And this says it all.

Let's see: Late Night's best feature was Bridgeport (in fact, it was my second favorite world, so they did a good job with it). The problem: If you don't use a fan-made patch the map suffers of significant routing errors that eventually can corrupt your save file if you don't use mods such as errortrap etc.
    Then we had apartements (camera-movement of doom, rabbithole neighbors, NO (!) new gameplay at all etc.) and with them came elevators --> always leading to a traffic jam inside the building + more routing errors + sims getting stuck).
    We also got pubs, night-clubs and vip-lounges - everything neat in theory, but since they were almost always empty it almost seemed like a useless (because dysfunctional) addition.
    Also a very poorly designed celebrity system that made everybody become famous only because they talked several times to a VIP sim (resulting in a town full of VIPs), paparazzis that always leave as soon as you get to know them better (which is so dumb) etc.
    And - of course - vampires, however, they got reworked later anyway. Nuff said.

The only addition I truly enjoyed were butlers. They were alcoholics (drinking at the bar all day long) and it was great!

And those were the *Special* fetures of Late Night. I am sorry, I just don't see any more depth or better gameplay features in those eps in comparison to TS4. On the contrary.

Almost everything in TS3 was half-baked at best.
    Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

Normally I try not to comment on opinion posts... but I really have to disagree here. Many of the TS3 expansion packs were huge. Unfortunately we can not say that yet of TS4. Get To Work has been the largest expansion pack to date of The Sims 4... We can only hope that City Living has at least doubled this standard.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Normally I try not to comment on opinion posts... but I really have to disagree here. Many of the TS3 expansion packs were huge. Unfortunately we can not say that yet of TS4. Get To Work has been the largest expansion pack to date of The Sims 4... We can only hope that City Living has at least doubled this standard.

They were huge by numbers (I don't like that counting game) but not by adding good and deep sandbox gameplay (Island Paradise was awesome in this regard). In TS3 I always felt: quantity > quality (Ok, Generations was in both ways just awful)

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

They were huge by numbers (I don't like that counting game) but not by adding good and deep sandbox gameplay (Island Paradise was awesome in this regard).

I'm not going to turn this into a debate. :) I have stated clearly why you are incorrect in my opinion.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    adamzaid wrote: »

i am kind of disagree with you a bit @HalloMolli not trying to be mean but you are correct its the smallest but one of the best here are some of the best things about this ep tree houses, pranks, punishment,after school activities,imaginary friend, new toddler interactions, spiral staricases,new job daycare profession, new traits like nurturing i just love genarations alot! :) oh yeah and strollers and wedding arches bachelor parties! its really not a small ep after i think about it @finbar659 completly agree with you :)

I won't argue over this. Hey, if you feel that the value was good, I am ok with that.

Features I in fact liked: Day-care (although it was done very poorly, I mean, you just click on the toddler and choose an interaction of a pool of overall 4), scripted events such as bachelor and teen parties (absolutely amazing, one of the best features in the whole franchise, I love scripted events involving npc-sims), video camera, the spiral staircase and the imaginary friend was cool as well.

The rest was just 'set dressing' (rabbithole interactions) and a handful of objects.

Just for the records: On metacritic (userscore) it's also the worst rated ep (with a big gap to the next one): http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-sims-3-generations

---

If you google for "best expansions pack + sims 3" you'll find out that Late Night was by far the most popular ep among simmers (I think LGR has it ranked also very high on his list).

source: http://www.thetoptens.com/best-sims-3-expansion-packs/

And this says it all.

Let's see: Late Night's best feature was Bridgeport (in fact, it was my second favorite world, so they did a good job with it). The problem: If you don't use a fan-made patch the map suffers of significant routing errors that eventually can corrupt your save file if you don't use mods such as errortrap etc.
    Then we had apartements (camera-movement of doom, rabbithole neighbors, NO (!) new gameplay at all etc.) and with them came elavators --> always leading to a traffic jam inside the building + more routing errors + sims getting stuck).
    We also got pubs, night-clubs and vip-lounges - everything neat in theory, but since they were almost always empty it almost seemed like a useless (because dysfunctional) addition.
    Also a very poorly designed celebrity system that made everybody become famous only because they talked several times to a VIP sim (resulting in a town full of VIPs), paparazzis that always leave as soon as you get to know them better (which is so dumb) etc.
    And - of course - vampires which got reworked later. Nuff said.

And those were the *Special* fetures of the Late Night. I am sorry, I just don't see any more depth or better gameplay features in those eps. On the contrary.

@HalloMolli well then now to late night my 2nd fav ep for the sims 3 first i know that the lounges night clubs and pups were empty but there were hotspots remember that! and there is a mod to fix that elevators might be buggy if you have a laggy game for me it works flawlessly so i have no problem with elevators i really liked the celebrtiy seystem it was fun and unique which makes me like it and the game way more fun but yeah paparazzi please go away XD and i dont have camera problems only that is if you have a very small resolution that is like 1920x1080 i have 1366x768
  • Options
    and @HalloMolli just like what @NZsimm3r said i will not go into more debates please thanks :)
  • Options
    edited September 2016

They were huge by numbers (I don't like that counting game) but not by adding good and deep sandbox gameplay (Island Paradise was awesome in this regard).

I'm not going to turn this into a debate. :) I have stated clearly why you are incorrect in my opinion.

Yeah, and I showed why your view might be wrong in the end by pointing out that the most popular ep was full of half-baked content. But hey, at least it was huge and it won the numbers game. That's something! Much content = good ep, as we all know. *rollseyes*

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I find the Expansion packs lacking aswell. I find them as big as Game packs and that's not alright.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    edited September 2016
    Can't say there isn't enough content in CL if it hasn't been released yet. And, it isn't always about the content. What if you got one expansion with just apartments, but the apartments were AMAZING? Just apartments, but they're REALLY good. What if you got one expansion with lots of PLUM content?
  • Options
    CloroxcleanCloroxclean Posts: 148 Member
    Given that this is an opinion-based thread, I feel comfortable sharing some of my thoughts. These are opinions, and these aren't meant to negate anyone else's.
    Sims 3
    1.) World Adventures - I feel this pack was extremely under-valued as a game. The problem with it was it didn't feel like The Sims. Some of the content it included was really wonderful; the skills and new locations were something we had not seen before and have never gotten back.
    2.) Ambitions: Ambitions came with a lot of new content, and it brought a new experience when it came to living in a town. Every character felt more fleshed out with the new locations included.
    3.) Late Night- I'm a bit biased toward this pack, as it was the first expansion I played with. The town of Bridgeport was the only one of its kind and provided an all new experience (albeit a buggy one). Butlers were fantastic, apartments were amazing, and sectionals provided something exciting for designers.
    4.) Generations- The theme of Generations was an unclear mess. It provided lots of interesting content for the game, however, it didn't seem to flow very well. I think the content matters much more than the theme, and it delivered.
    5.) Pets- I cannot say much about this pack. My copy was used, and dogs always corrupted my game files. The furniture was nice, though!
    6.) Showtime- Showtime felt like a rehash of Late Night. The game included hardly anything of value, and, from a builder's perspective, a lot of the content was awful. The careers provided grew tiresome after a short while.
    7.) Supernatural- Supernatural brought a lot of new content to the game. It provided Simmers with a new way to play, and the new life states were very fresh. Overall, the aesthetic of the game was fantastic.
    8.) Seasons- Seasons felt like the first fully-fleshed out expansion. The festivals provided great content for each season, and the holidays kept Simmers interested in playing. The game didn't add a new world, but I felt it was acceptable as it transformed every other world.
    9.) University Life- University Life added a lot of fun content to play with to add to a Sims story. The apartment/roommate/dormitory system was something the game really needed. It provided wacky antics that freshened the game and gave it a new air.
    10.) Island Paradise- OH MY GOODNESS! ISLAND PARADISE WAS FANTASTIC! The world. The clothes. The furniture. The houseboats. The scuba diving. The open ocean. Need I say more?
    11.) Into the Future- Into the Future provided a new game play experience that challenged the average Simmer's creativity. Exploring the future provided completely new game play, and the world was fresh. It required an acquired taste or an exceptionally open-mind, but the game provided quite a bit of fun.

Sims 4
    Get to Work - Get to Work provided quick fixes to the easily tiring game play of The Sims 4. The careers became repetitive very quickly, and managing a Sim's life became much more difficult. The retail system was the shining jewel in the pack, but it definitely could have done better.
    Get Together- Get Together significantly raised the bar for The Sims 4. Get Together came with a new world unlike anything that had been seen in The Sims. The club system provided a fully customizable way to make it easier to tell the story you want to.
    City Living- City Living has yet to release, but, so far, I like the look of it. The apartments look fantastic, and, as an aspiring interior designer, not having to build the outside of the building will be exciting for me. Like others have said, I can't form a full-analysis based on little information, but I'm ready for the new game.
    New Sims 4 Houses All the Time
    Working on It!
  • Options
    Given that this is an opinion-based thread, I feel comfortable sharing some of my thoughts. These are opinions, and these aren't meant to negate anyone else's.
    Sims 3
    1.) World Adventures - I feel this pack was extremely under-valued as a game. The problem with it was it didn't feel like The Sims. Some of the content it included was really wonderful; the skills and new locations were something we had not seen before and have never gotten back.
    2.) Ambitions: Ambitions came with a lot of new content, and it brought a new experience when it came to living in a town. Every character felt more fleshed out with the new locations included.
    3.) Late Night- I'm a bit biased toward this pack, as it was the first expansion I played with. The town of Bridgeport was the only one of its kind and provided an all new experience (albeit a buggy one). Butlers were fantastic, apartments were amazing, and sectionals provided something exciting for designers.
    4.) Generations- The theme of Generations was an unclear mess. It provided lots of interesting content for the game, however, it didn't seem to flow very well. I think the content matters much more than the theme, and it delivered.
    5.) Pets- I cannot say much about this pack. My copy was used, and dogs always corrupted my game files. The furniture was nice, though!
    6.) Showtime- Showtime felt like a rehash of Late Night. The game included hardly anything of value, and, from a builder's perspective, a lot of the content was awful. The careers provided grew tiresome after a short while.
    7.) Supernatural- Supernatural brought a lot of new content to the game. It provided Simmers with a new way to play, and the new life states were very fresh. Overall, the aesthetic of the game was fantastic.
    8.) Seasons- Seasons felt like the first fully-fleshed out expansion. The festivals provided great content for each season, and the holidays kept Simmers interested in playing. The game didn't add a new world, but I felt it was acceptable as it transformed every other world.
    9.) University Life- University Life added a lot of fun content to play with to add to a Sims story. The apartment/roommate/dormitory system was something the game really needed. It provided wacky antics that freshened the game and gave it a new air.
    10.) Island Paradise- OH MY GOODNESS! ISLAND PARADISE WAS FANTASTIC! The world. The clothes. The furniture. The houseboats. The scuba diving. The open ocean. Need I say more?
    11.) Into the Future- Into the Future provided a new game play experience that challenged the average Simmer's creativity. Exploring the future provided completely new game play, and the world was fresh. It required an acquired taste or an exceptionally open-mind, but the game provided quite a bit of fun.

Sims 4
    Get to Work - Get to Work provided quick fixes to the easily tiring game play of The Sims 4. The careers became repetitive very quickly, and managing a Sim's life became much more difficult. The retail system was the shining jewel in the pack, but it definitely could have done better.
    Get Together- Get Together significantly raised the bar for The Sims 4. Get Together came with a new world unlike anything that had been seen in The Sims. The club system provided a fully customizable way to make it easier to tell the story you want to.
    City Living- City Living has yet to release, but, so far, I like the look of it. The apartments look fantastic, and, as an aspiring interior designer, not having to build the outside of the building will be exciting for me. Like others have said, I can't form a full-analysis based on little information, but I'm ready for the new game.

really interesting XD @Cloroxclean btw nice name XD
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,709 Member
    Am I the only one who doesn't actively count the content? Am I the only one who judges an EP by how much fun I have with it? As for IP for Sims3, it was rather buggy. My game just last week was stuttering horribly, so the next time I played I unticked that EP. Game ran far more smoothly after that. :open_mouth:

As for the EPs, et al, so far in Sims4, I am enjoying them. I use what interest me and what helps me further my Sim family along. I have to say I have little interest in Apartments. Hated living in one, after the novelty ran out, that is. I grew up in houses, being the second child in the family. In the game apartments tend to be far too cramped for me. I like to be able to get the camera in without having to rotate to get obstacles out of the way of the lens (so to speak). I like being able to SEE what's going on. So, I'm far more intrigued with what's being brought back into this iteration with this EP, as described already via the latest trailer.

Yes, I tried having Sims live in the fancy apartments in Bridgeport, but again, the camera was defeated in large respect and so that grew to annoy me.

In the long run, it's all in the game-playing satisfaction to me, not how much content it brings.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    There's 2 major problems with TS4 expansion packs.

1. They take 2 or 3 main ideas (most likely to appeal to more people) and don't fully flesh any of them out so we are very limited on what we can actually do in each specific field.

2. The world of the pack is the "star" leaving the expansion lacking on features and game play. We are getting new areas to play in, but doing the same old things like eating, partying etc.
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Its all a matter of opinion of course, I personally think the sims 4 EP's have out done the sims 3 ones *shrugs*. Its like if you ask people if they like marmite. Its a love/hate thing. Neither person is wrong,

As for adding the two packs together well... I'd rather have the two separate because of the themes. You'd have to miss certain things out of one pack that could get moved to another or never even end up in the game. The club system from get together is the most used thing in any sims game i've played, simply because you can manipulate it in so many ways. Then I love the whole ascetic of the pack. Theres so many parts about it that remind me of my road trip around Europe this summer and the times i lived in Germany etc.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,994 Member
    I thought get together provided a beautiful world that was different from the others and I loved the building aspects. It also provided a lot of things to do for teens and children I thought. After GT I could make an arcade. I loved the natural pool/lagoon stuff too....