Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monster Under The Bed Keeps Appearing

cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
So I have a room for my male child Sims, with 2 beds (2 Sims) and every night or two nights the Monster keeps on coming out of the bed and waking up the parents. I spray it but it comes back every other night.

My other child sims bed for the female Sims the monster seldom appears. Am I doing something wrong?
PC Specs:
Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
16GB DDR4 RAM
128GB SSD
1TB 7200RPM HDD
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
6685561181.png
Rogers Ignite 70u internet

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Try selling the bed and buying a new bed. Then test to see if that helps.
    Also buy the defender night light and place it on the bedhead wall area behind the bed. Place the light not too high up on the wall, and leave the light on for the whole night.
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    In case that you don't like the defender lights or would like to have more options, I haven't had the chance to play and try it yet but I found and downloaded this mod yesterday.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=583010

• Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Also if the lights look 'wrong' for the room put move objects on and plop them down on the wall low down and the bed in the same place so the bed head covers the light. I used this for ages I'm trying the mod^^ at the moment and have little shelves above the bed (no moo) and a defender on each, they're pretty cute and it seems to work well.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I am kind of disappoint in the monster under the bed as to me it does nothing to game paly, just a pest of waking up. I was hoping that the kids could interact with the monster under the bed. That would have been more fun. Seems everyone after awhile keeps the light on anyway so it is useless. Just annoying of not getting enough sleep. Just how I feel about it.
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    Buy each of your children a double bed; monsters can only appear under single beds.

@Evalen : Kids can interact with the monster, but they have to befriend it first, which usually requires trying to communicate with it a LOT. It's hardly even worth it because the monster only appears at night, and any kids who have befriended it will be "too excited to sleep" until a couple hours after it leaves. The only real benefit to befriending the monster is that they won't wake up their parents and they can ask the monster to leave instead of needing a parent or older sibling to spray it.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    well that's interesting, but then the child can't get up in the morning and is tired.
  • Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    When I use the Defender Night Light, I still keep getting monsters. Does the light have to be directly near the bed?
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    MicemSims wrote: »
    When I use the Defender Night Light, I still keep getting monsters. Does the light have to be directly near the bed?

The light doesn't keep monsters away entirely. From my observations, it just seems to make monsters appear less often. By the way, you should also ensure that the light is turned on.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited September 2016
    MicemSims wrote: »

The light is best placed on the bedhead wall, just above where the bed is. It needs to not be too high on the bedhead wall.
    The light needs to remain on all through the night.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I am kind of disappoint in the monster under the bed as to me it does nothing to game paly, just a pest of waking up. I was hoping that the kids could interact with the monster under the bed. That would have been more fun. Seems everyone after awhile keeps the light on anyway so it is useless. Just annoying of not getting enough sleep. Just how I feel about it.

Yes very annoying indeed. If only we had known when the pack first came out and they were playing it up as some awesome new feature. Personally I got sick of it and used a mod to disable it all together.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    cale2003 wrote: »
    So I have a room for my male child Sims, with 2 beds (2 Sims) and every night or two nights the Monster keeps on coming out of the bed and waking up the parents. I spray it but it comes back every other night.

My other child sims bed for the female Sims the monster seldom appears. Am I doing something wrong?

Get the lights that keep them away, works great.