Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One of the Sims influencers and fav fans - Rachybop gives stinging 2 year re-review....

The Sims 4 re-review - 2 years in...
rachybop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFvn4PWCatU

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I remember @rachybop talked about her role as an Influencer, saying she was very quick to give feedback during one of the events, which was nice to hear. It's great that people are starting to be more vocal, and are being absolutely respectful and in-depth when they give their feedback. I really hope EA is listening.

As far as what people are saying, the general consensus seems to be that you cannot give us a weak base game and seem to spend the majority of time optimizing it for piles and piles of stuff packs which contain no true gameplay (other than objects with new animations absurdly priced and branded as "gameplay"). We should have a strong base game that blows us away, and quality expansions which really add on to the life simulation/sandbox element of the game. Even if the expansions come once a year. But, so far, the expansions are taking the longest they've ever been as far as I can remember, and they are in no way a step up from TS2/TS3's expansions, which were popping out every 6 months.

Change is truly needed.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm very glad more people are speaking out. She has made some very good points, perhaps not as detailed as LGR but that may just be her style. I really liked it when she hoped that one day she could say 'Gosh another expansion pack but I haven't finished the last one'. I'm very much with her in the sense that new content is shallow and completed so incredibly quickly. It's my hope too that we start to get really in-depth complex game play.

*added: I thought it was pretty spot on her comments about lack of humor and lack of soul, which I took to mean a reference to the shallowness of traits and the way that all the sims are basically the same.
    Post edited by NZsimm3r on
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I wonder how many other Influencers feel this way, and if they'll post their re-reviews too.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Oh dear...
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I wonder how many other Influencers feel this way, and if they'll post their re-reviews too.

I also wonder. Something that we as forum members can already see is that some not-influencers-but-mere-mortals-like-the-rest-of-us players who were some of the biggest cheerleaders for TS4 when it was first released and for the first year or so, have left the game. Either they don't play anything Sims-related, or they play Sims Freeplay or TS3.

I truly think the two-year anniversary was the last straw for a lot of people. They'd been led on long enough.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    i have no idea who she is.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    i have no idea who she is.

I don't either, but I don't really care for Youtubers either way. I'd rather hear from other players who are in equal standing to myself and hear their opinions.
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I didn't think I would have to sign in to you tube again to click the thumbs up box, but here I am. Thank you @rachybop. I agree with you.
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    I totally agree with most of this. I was saying the other day to my friend how can freeplay a mobile game be more fun than TS4? It doesn't make sense to me.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    It's truly worrying when even the Influencers are turning their backs on the game...
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member

"we must be honest we really must, it's so valuable and so important that were all honest about what we are thinking about the game"

Agreed 1000% thanks rachybop love your honesty and being that this review is coming from someone that's part of the
    "sims YouTube in-crowd" {well you know what i mean }

validates my point even more about s4

<3
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2016
    Bravo. I hope that LGR inspires others to be honest too. But exactly disappointed doesn't make someone a "hater". Interesting finding out about the publisher wall too. I have heard of her before from Youtube. I do agree with some of the points she made.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Spot on like LGR.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    A lot of people kept moving the goal post to try and give Maxis a benefit of a doubt it once got moved up to the first EP, then moved again til maybe the 2nd EP, then last time I read some comments in detail it was expanded/moved to maybe wait until the Two Year mark...before they decided it wasn't going to go anywhere, or actually bring the type of gameplay they were hoping Maxis was going to do for those who find TS4 Meh. It's past the two year mark ten days ago, so I think you will see this more and more.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Thanks for posting! Glad more people are speaking out.
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg