Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rachel Franklin is leaving The Sims 4.

rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
I have some important news to share with you all today. It’s never easy to say goodbye but today, we wish a fond farewell to our friend and colleague Rachel Franklin. She has decided to leave Maxis to explore new opportunities. We're going to miss her creative spark, her infectious enthusiasm, and the passion that she brought to the studio every day. I can definitely say I’m excited to see what she does next and will be cheering her on!

Rachel leaves Maxis stronger than ever. We’re all so excited by the incredible passion we see from you in The Sims 4 nearly two years after we first released the game. We’ve proven to you our commitment to regularly providing new experiences, like the recent Dining Out Game Pack and expansion to Create A Sim, and that won't change. We've got lots more planned for the months and years ahead that we can't wait to share with you.

We have a strong leadership team in place at Maxis and we're focused on one thing: delivering great things to you, our players. We're looking to fill Rachel's shoes, but in the meantime myself and all the other SimGurus will continue to connect with you and share our enthusiasm for the game and new things to come.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899258/maxis-organizational-update#latest

What do you think?

I think this might be a good thing for the franchise. I hope they will find someone worthy enough to lead this game, since this game needs strong leadership and a CLEAR open vision.

Make the Sims great again!

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I don't really know what she did and how much her decisions affected things, so no comments on that. But she wasn't in that position for very long and is leaving now... Makes me wonder what will come next.
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    What do you think?

I think this might be a good thing for the franchise. I hope they will find someone worthy enough to lead this game, since this game needs strong leadership and a CLEAR open vision.

I think that the community managers should never have tolerated the community-wide defamation and daily abuse from users in response to false assertions regarding the quality and capabilities of the product, the competence of EA's leadership, and the intentions or intelligence of the developers.

It's more likely that we've lost The Sims.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    What do you think?

I think that the community managers should never have tolerated the community-wide defamation and daily abuse from users in response to false assertions regarding the quality and capabilities of the product, the competence of EA's leadership, and the intentions or intelligence of the developers.

It's more likely that we've lost The Sims.

FWIW I think each of your opinions are equally valid and I for one agree with both of you :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    We don't know why @alexandrea said that specifically, but I wouldn't call that bashing; maybe in alexandrea's opinion the sims is going downhill and Rachel's doing the right thing to get out before things get too bad, or maybe alexandrea simply doesn't like her as a person - you're entitled to not like someone; its not the same as bashing them.

Everyone is welcome to dislike someone, but bashing them in public in front of everyone would be a bad idea, as there are others that do like them... And can cause chaos.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    We don't know why @alexandrea said that specifically, but I wouldn't call that bashing; maybe in alexandrea's opinion the sims is going downhill and Rachel's doing the right thing to get out before things get too bad, or maybe alexandrea simply doesn't like her as a person - you're entitled to not like someone; its not the same as bashing them.

Everyone is welcome to dislike someone, but bashing them in public in front of everyone would be a bad idea, as there are others that do like them... And can cause chaos.

I completely agree.
    The tone of your response suggested to me that you thought alexandrea was bashing Rachel. I don't know if that is what you thought or not, but I felt they didn't intend their comment as bashing, hence why I said what I said.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Interesting, wasn't it about this time last year other long time employees were leaving for other horizons?
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member

I completely agree.
    The tone of your response suggested to me that you thought alexandrea was bashing Rachel. I don't know if that is what you thought or not, but I felt they didn't intend their comment as bashing, hence why I said what I said.
    I don't think so either, they didn't throw a tantrum and call her names.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I completely agree.

It could be seen as bashing to some. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    I completely agree.

It could be seen as bashing to some. :)

Good point.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    edited September 2016
    Good luck Rachael it must be a sad day at the office for her staff. I know how it is when you work for a large corporation hang in there maxis staff
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top