Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phone Covers!

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    Either they're paying you as a spokesman or you're a Guru in disguise.
    Can't figure out which one.
    I'm sure she is neither (sorry @luthienrising if you are a boy, I just always assume everyone is the same gender as their avi)

I always like her comments, they are like a breath of fresh air.

As for phone covers... well, at least we got something, which is better than getting nothing. And I am glad they fixed the invisible pokemon-hunting children problem, I hated to see my kids disappear into a bin and never return :D
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    That was my first thought when I read the patch notes. Like, really?? Phone covers?? When the game is nearly unplayable without third party mods? Okay EA...
  • Options
    simnuttysimnutty Posts: 77 Member
    Well there stupid phone covers broke my game :( now I can't direct my sims to use their phone because the latest patch stops my phone dialogue box opening. So...um...yeah...useless :(
    My blog includes my Sim Stories storytellerscribbles.blogspot.co.uk
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I'm sure she is neither (sorry @luthienrising if you are a boy, I just always assume everyone is the same gender as their avi)

As for phone covers... well, at least we got something, which is better than getting nothing. And I am glad they fixed the invisible pokemon-hunting children problem, I hated to see my kids disappear into a bin and never return :D

I like her comments too. Never said I didn't.

That is nice that they're still giving things away. This is true.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I like her comments too. Never said I didn't.
    Lol, I never said that you said that you didn't.

@simnutty do you have any downloads that might conflict with it?
  • Options
    simnuttysimnutty Posts: 77 Member

No conflicting mods but rosemow suggested removing the Mods folder, start game, then replace mods into newly generated Mods folder and that seems to have fixed it...I didn't play long enough to see if it crashed but at least the phone dialogue box was back. I don't use many mods - mostly clothing, genetics and hair with a few bits of furniture so I'm hoping all is okay now. Next month I'm going to shift my Mods folder out before updating and see if that helps to make a smoother update :)

My blog includes my Sim Stories storytellerscribbles.blogspot.co.uk
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited August 2016
    What?! Phone covers? I don't get it, whats it for?

Edit: Nevermind I see what it is. So that was included in the patch? Is that the free content for this month? I believe they are "trolling" us now if it is.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Completely agree with you... also phone covers were supposed to be included in Get together! :flushed:

No Kidding, this is just ridiculous, it just makes me think that we are getting left overs that should of been in game already, it is insane.

LOL That is what the entire Get Together EP is : leftovers.

I completely agree with you.

(Personal opinion not fact.)
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    simnutty wrote: »
    Well there plum phone covers broke my game :( now I can't direct my sims to use their phone because the latest patch stops my phone dialogue box opening. So...um...yeah...useless :(

This is happening to me too. The box is opening for me, but it's right at the very top of the screen and I can just see the bottom of it, so it's unusable. Can't use the phones again unless I exit and restart the game, and then it will only let me use them once until the box goes back up to the top of the screen. :(
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    ravamaileravamaile Posts: 168 Member
    Completely agree with you... also phone covers were supposed to be included in Get together! :flushed:

This makes me wonder - if even phone covers took them so long to implement, what to think about more complex features?
    If people were not interested in what we were making we wouldn't continue what we are making. Our data shows us differently. (c) - @SimGuruDrake (LINK)
    Complexity is our enemy when building The Sims, so we look for any opportunity to keep it down. (c) - @SimGuruMax (LINK)
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member

Mine did not Vanish when I looked, but then I gave up having My Sim kids look for those cards, cause a lot of the times they came up empty handed.
  • Options
    Goodywood wrote: »

No Kidding, this is just ridiculous, it just makes me think that we are getting left overs that should of been in game already, it is insane.

LOL That is what the entire Get Together EP is : leftovers.

I completely agree with you.

(Personal opinion not fact.)

Thank you kindly, much appreciated.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Well I for one love the phone covers. I got tired of looking at the same old phone case for two years.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    I just added 2 of the covers on 2 of My many families in My game, and it did absolutely nothing for Me, all it did was make the phone a different color, they could of added something that we could of really used , like Bunk Beds!!! , :).
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    This is getting silly we have a lack of contents, and bugs . We also are only getting one expansion this year, and one game pack .So all of the stff were mising EA thought it was really necessary to add phone covers ? Ones that don't add anything towards game play ?It would be a little something one thing if you can show your phone to your friend ? And they would give it a compliment .
  • Options
    This is getting silly we have a lack of contents, and bugs . We also are only getting one expansion this year, and one game pack .So all of the stff were mising EA thought it was really necessary to add phone covers ? Ones that don't add anything towards game play ?It would be a little something one thing if you can show your phone to your friend ? And they would give it a compliment .

Exactly, thanks for sharing, :).
  • Options
    Julie2100Julie2100 Posts: 13 New Member
    Not happy with this either. How many people aren't playing anymore because toddlers aren't in the game? Here the answer: Many many people.
    Now how many people reused to play because of the lack of phone covers? Answer: None.
    Why can't they focus on what we as players want, such as:
    -Toddlers
    -Pre Teens
    -A realistic game
    -Better clothing
    -Better hair
    -Pets
    -Seasons
    -Color wheel
    -An open world
    -Story progression
    -Animated hair
    -Acne
    -Cars
    -Terrain Tools other than terrain paint
    -Rabbit holes (hey their better than nothing)
    -Bikes
    -Changing Tables
    -Cribs
    -Newspapers
    The list goes on and on.
    Its quite sad, the game went downhill. Until these are added personally il only be building on the sims 4.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    I don't think it actually took them this long to get them game ready but they just delayed the release to give us something new in the August patch.

ETA: Maybe we'll get those basketballs for the September patch. ;)

Not if it means extra animation to create.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Would have been nice if we could create our own but then again we can't even crest (decorate) our own clothes or furniture lol... But meh I thought they was ok could have added more wanted things in that were needed but meh I'll keep my iPhone 6 cc phone till we get a nice one not that block lol
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    ShaddBoiShaddBoi Posts: 795 Member
    edited August 2016
    @BlueBlack007 haha I'm with you! Waaaay too much emphasis on the phones. I live just fine without a phone cover in real life..and so do my sims!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    It is good those that want them and love them, for me it does not even move my interest in them up a notch. Some items given are distractors from what some really want.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    edited August 2016
    simnutty wrote: »

No conflicting mods but rosemow suggested removing the Mods folder, start game, then replace mods into newly generated Mods folder and that seems to have fixed it...I didn't play long enough to see if it crashed but at least the phone dialogue box was back. I don't use many mods - mostly clothing, genetics and hair with a few bits of furniture so I'm hoping all is okay now. Next month I'm going to shift my Mods folder out before updating and see if that helps to make a smoother update :)

Mine's the same way - repairing game works... until you go to use the phone, then it's gone again. And I realized it's not actually gone - it's WAAAAAAAY at the top of the screen and you can barely see the bottom of the UI peeking from up there. Renders the phones useless.
    Also, the colors seem useless since I can pick one for each Sim, but all the UIs show the same color regardless so... not sure WTH the point was.... and I can't even select the last two colors on the top row b/c the UI is hidden behind the buttons on the top of the phone...

I shouldn't complain b/c it's a free addition, but it you're gonna include stuff, at least test it and set up the UI layering properly.

EDIT -- Rosemow posted in another thread that this mod might be doing it and to update if you have it. So... PHEW.
    Saves me hours going through CC (which I LOATHE having to do every time they patch and something breaks). Hopefully this fixes all the issues... who knows... at least the phone might not disappear.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited August 2016
    I really don't care about phone covers. I am not intending to use them, especially if they break the game. Who needs that nonsense?
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
  • Options
    gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    Honestly I didn't even notice the phone covers until I came onto the forum lol. I'm pretty meh about it I rarely use the phones I guess unless I travel, would've preferred some more bug fixes like the whole sims standing and staring into space for minutes (or hour(s)) then eventually do what's in their queue or time randomly going ahead in game when its earlier than the time it says.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    No, no, you don't understand. The phone covers add NEW and EXCITING was to play!!!!! They are soooooo kawaii!!!!!! And new content!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!