Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phone Covers!

BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
For Real EA & Maxis?
You really think that I wanted a Phone Cover? , what ever on earth gave you that Idea? , I for one wanted something that I could actually use, I really could care less bout a dang phone cover, simply due to the fact that My Sims hardly ever use the phone, good grief people get it together! , I am so sick and tired of getting junk that really is not needed, Finally give Me stuff that is Worth using, gee wiz already, pfft.
P.S. I am so not happy bout this, :(

Comments

• Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    Completely agree with you... also phone covers were supposed to be included in Get together! :flushed:
  • Options
    Completely agree with you... also phone covers were supposed to be included in Get together! :flushed:

No Kidding, this is just ridiculous, it just makes me think that we are getting left overs that should of been in game already, it is insane.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Aw it's hard to disagree with this somehow .. I mean, not that phone covers aren't cute & fun but there are sooo many bugs that need fixing / things that need updating that would be so much more needed than the ability to personalize my sim's cellphone ... I mean, I'd actually enjoy that if everything else was working fine. It's especially disappointing that there's absolutely nothing in there to at least make relationship decay / culling a tat less aggressive - I'm pretty sure if they had addressed this in the patch, people would be reacting far more sympathetically to those covers.
  • Options
    MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    Couldn't agree more! This is disappointing. :(
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    They spend more time on writing jokes then the patch.EA has just given the fan base the middle finger with Phone Covers.
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    Instead of that they could separate bed frames and mattresses, allow recolouring different materials on objects separately (e.g. blue fabric would no longer be tied to black wood), add a toggle to disable/enable randomly generated romances and other relations, the same for culling and townie generation... Or generally something more useful.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Aw it's hard to disagree with this somehow .. I mean, not that phone covers aren't cute & fun but there are sooo many bugs that need fixing / things that need updating that would be so much more needed than the ability to personalize my sim's cellphone ... I mean, I'd actually enjoy that if everything else was working fine. It's especially disappointing that there's absolutely nothing in there to at least make relationship decay / culling a tat less aggressive - I'm pretty sure if they had addressed this in the patch, people would be reacting far more sympathetically to those covers.

Yup agree.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    They spend more time on writing jokes then the patch.EA has just given the fan base the middle finger with Phone Covers.

It would be pretty unusual job structure if a developer or game designer was writing patch notes. Outside of small start-ups, that's pretty much not going to be a thing.

Plenty of people seem to be happy about the cellphone covers, and there had been plenty of disappointment last fall when we were told they wouldn't be included after all in Get Together (after showing up in a very early released render image). Your mileage may vary, obviously. Me, I don't care much about the phone covers - though it looks like they'll be useful for seeing at a glance who a text is for in the UI for a multi-Sim household, so that's nice if not essential to me - and am not affected by the bug fixes but would like others. Doesn't make those other people's pleasure about the phone covers any less genuine, or their desire for them not count for anything.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Exactly, I am so mad I could spit, and I never do cause I am a Lady, so for them to make me even think I would, just tells Me that yes they could care less bout Me as a Fan for yrs, and what I have been asking for all this time since this lousy game came out in 2014, Yes I said Lousy cause I have yet to see anything of what I use for Game play.
  • Options

It would be pretty unusual job structure if a developer or game designer was writing patch notes. Outside of small start-ups, that's pretty much not going to be a thing.

Plenty of people seem to be happy about the cellphone covers, and there had been plenty of disappointment last fall when we were told they wouldn't be included after all in Get Together (after showing up in a very early released render image). Your mileage may vary, obviously. Me, I don't care much about the phone covers - though it looks like they'll be useful for seeing at a glance who a text is for in the UI for a multi-Sim household, so that's nice if not essential to me - and am not affected by the bug fixes but would like others. Doesn't make those other people's pleasure about the phone covers any less genuine, or their desire for them not count for anything.

I have not seen anyone as of yet say they liked them, but then again I do not bother with the happy go lucky I like Everything they dish out pages either, so I will stay with what I think bout them, but thanks for the advice just the same.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    I honestly would have preferred them as GT exclusives or at least just some of the cover options, as GT was lacking all over the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 place. They took an year to make a feature that should have been in an EP though, that's kind of weird.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I have not seen anyone as of yet say they liked them, but then again I do not bother with the happy go lucky I like Everything they dish out pages either, so I will stay with what I think bout them, but thanks for the advice just the same.

Several people have said they like them in the topics about the patch, which also include criticism of the patch. No need to torture yourself with happy stuff to find it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    I am soo annoyed right now at EA! That customization was supposed to be in Get together like the OP mentioned. I remember the sims social media sites posting screenshots of sims taking selfies with new phone covers to promote GT.

I didn't know phone covers got pulled from GT until I bought the game. I was like "okay...... where the plum is the phone cover option?" Asked a simmer on Facebook just to be told its been pulled. So seeing its been put in a free patch is like a slap in the face. Thanks for that EA/Sims thanks very much.

I just really want fixes. Loads of fixes that don't break anything :lol: I don't know If that's possible but still.
    The patch notes are getting worse to read with all the kiss a frog stuff. Its like okay.... Your audience is what age???? Teens or adults don't want to kiss toads unless we have supernatural type EP :smile:
  • Options

Several people have said they like them in the topics about the patch, which also include criticism of the patch. No need to torture yourself with happy stuff to find it.

Awesome thanks Luth, hugs.
  • Options
    AndremiAndremi Posts: 71 Member
    Im sorry the patch wasnt what you had hoped :'0 they DID fix a bunch of bugs that many people found game-breaking so thats great!!
    I am also one of those people who really love the phone covers.. Woops v.v
    I can finally make the obligatory smartphone more childish looking for the children lol..
    I think it adds a little to the sim!
    But I totally understand why so many feel bummed out because they hoped for more :( im sorry.
  • Options
    Andremi wrote: »
    Im sorry the patch wasnt what you had hoped :'0 they DID fix a bunch of bugs that many people found game-breaking so thats great!!
    I am also one of those people who really love the phone covers.. Woops v.v
    I can finally make the obligatory smartphone more childish looking for the children lol..
    I think it adds a little to the sim!
    But I totally understand why so many feel bummed out because they hoped for more :( im sorry.

no worries, I am glad that you like them, I just think that others things are more important and should of been added or fixed.
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited August 2016
    I didn't even know phone covers were supposed to be in GT. I wonder why it took so long because to me it seems like a simple texture replacement.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't think it actually took them this long to get them game ready but they just delayed the release to give us something new in the August patch.

ETA: Maybe we'll get those basketballs for the September patch. ;)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't think it actually took them this long to get them game ready but they just delayed the release to give us something new in the August patch.

They delayed this for an year to give it to us in this precise August patch? Sounds a bit ridiculous tbh.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Look at the bright side, EA wasn't trying to cash in on the feature.. That would be just sad, but it is EA after all...
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    This should have been a side addition to another new thing in the patch....but still prefer it over Star Wars Patch and Star Wars Patch 2.0 :* That was a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 period.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member

several_monthes_later-_.png
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Arkster93Arkster93 Posts: 154 Member
    Lmao another useless addition. Sims 4 is a joke.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

Either they're paying you as a spokesman or you're a Guru in disguise.
    Can't figure out which one.

Your positivity and hope for this game is never ending. Which is good. Sometimes it inspires me to try it again. But I'd have to say if your hope is true and in the end this game doesn't get better, I'd feel bad for not the game, but for you. Regardless, keep doing your thing! I suppose to have a simmer shed some positive light on features that others find 🐸🐸🐸🐸 are refreshing and uplifting for these devs to read.
    ~

I agree OP. There's 99 things that need additions to this game and phone skin colors ain't one.
  • Options
    @meeoun I pointed to a fact. I'm not going to even start on what you have said in return.