Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plum Tree Family Tree Tool: Developers Wanted

Comments

• Options
    Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    I love the tree and I used it a bit earlier. Is there a way to see other peoples published family trees? Browse through them a bit like the Sims 4 gallery.

@Emma_Smith101 Not at the moment (right now you cqn only see other people's trees if they share the direct link ith you), but a gallery of user trees is a feature that we're really keen to imlement in the near future.
    I love the tree and I used it a bit earlier. Is there a way to see other peoples published family trees? Browse through them a bit like the Sims 4 gallery.

@Emma_Smith101 Not at the moment (right now you cqn only see other people's trees if they share the direct link ith you), but a gallery of user trees is a feature that we're really keen to imlement in the near future.

Ok cool
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Thank you @Pegasus143 for answering people's questions while we were asleep over here in Europe - much appreciated! <3

And thanks everyone for the lovely feedback!
    Cement wrote: »
    Awesome news!
    I had an alarm set today when I read your post before, haha xD So excited!

I wanted to ask, are there plans for it to include adding the partner's tree? I take screenshots of my sims often to keep track of features the grand/children have so I'd be able to figure out where so-and-so's nose came from and all that. I usually use my tree to look for names to refer to the CAS pictures I take of them whenever a child ages up.

@Cement Glad you're excited :) Yes as we explain in the FAQ there are currently some limitations with the algorithm we use, but we are hoping to solve this by being able to link to a partner's family tree in the future. Ideally we'd like to link to add the ability other users' trees as well, since that would be quite cool too, but all that is down the line :)
    Raven_Cat wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob For the twins and triplets thing. Actual family tree markers use connected lines so that it kind of looks like a triangle.

Wife ---- Husband
    ^
    Twin Twin

Not sure if that helps with that idea. Anyway, I'm currently using it to record my 100 baby challenge since I've been carrying the lines down through the kids who've moved out.
    aprilrose wrote: »
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    You can find my tree here. It uses a lot of really cool features, including the ability to distinguish between adoptive and biological parents and having the same person in more than one spot in the tree.

@ThePlumbob like Pegasus143 mentioned having the same person in more than one spot in the tree. If there was some way to show the connection by lines that would be cool, for example I have two sims that have children together but when I put the female sim as a partner (who's already on the tree) it doesn't show that she's already on the tree in another spot nor that she is linked to her children in the nodes under her husbands name in another section of the tree. I hope that all made sense, if not let me now I can pm you a photo.

If we could have a feature where we could include the children of partners from previous relationships and partners family members that would be cool too.

Oh and the crop tool is an AMAZING feature, thank you so so so much!
    @aprilrose Woah, 24 generations? That's amazing - I hope you publish your tree and share it on here when you've got it, I'd love to see that!

yes 24 generations is amazing, i don't think i've ever had this many generations in any of the sims previous series before so i'm proud of myself :) and of course i'd love to share it once it is complete.

@Raven_Cat & @aprilrose Those are some interesting suggestions! Now, one issue I can think of with the dotted lines in both cases would be that it would not fully go with the whole clean look we're trying to acheive, you might notice our tree actually has less lines in general to standard family trees because we find that too many lines find it hard to navigate. But it's something to consider for sure :)

You can include children of partners from previous relationships, just add the partner's exparnter as "partners partner" and then select the correct parent when adding the child. Clicking on the child in the tree will then highlight the appropriate parents and fade the irrelevant ones out.

@CrazyboutTheSims We've got a ticket for the error and should be able to resolve it this weekend. In terms of the email, what issue are you experiencing - we have been getting emails on this email address from others so it may be related to something on your machine?

@crzy_gal_101 Might be worth just using it in your mobile browser for the time being since adding images will work that way :)
  • Options
    @OneAdorkableGirl I forgot to answer your question (also, your post made us smile :) ) - yes, background customisation is a feature that we definitely want to introduce in the future! :)
  • Options
    rshell193rshell193 Posts: 284 Member
    Oh wow this looks absolutely amazing!!! I'm totally signing up for this :D:D
  • Options
    charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    Easy to use and looks good. Looking forward to seeing this develop.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Just checked out the site last night!! It's quite awesome, and I think I'm going to enjoy using it.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited August 2016
    I've been adding my legacy family and so far I love it! I tried so many different sites and even tried making it in Photoshop, but I was never satisfied, but this is definitely what I've been looking for! So excited to see how the site is gonna evolve <3:#

Also because some others are doing it, here is my tree! It's still very much a work in progress, but I'm really happy with it so far! I'm so glad this exists :smiley:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited August 2016
    NVM

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I've finally made a few family trees. I really love this. It's easy to use and navigate. Here's a link to my family tree so far. app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57af4232f978430e00047726
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Thank you guys so much! We love the family trees you've posted, and are glad you're enjoying making them! :)
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    This is so great! :D I've just made mine (Am only in generation 2 so it's pretty tiny) but I love it :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    SimsVIP has tweeted about the plum tree app! How awesome! :)

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Thymeless wrote: »
    This is so great! :D I've just made mine (Am only in generation 2 so it's pretty tiny) but I love it :)

@Thymeless Such a cute family! Reminds me I need to finish catching up on your story! :)
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    SimsVIP has tweeted about the plum tree app! How awesome! :)

Yes we've had the honour to write a guest post for them! We're over the moon! :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks

I think it would be really great if I could add a new Sim that way. Clicking on the new node and then add a new Sim (or if we could add a new Sim through the drop down menu)

Unless I overlooked something you have to add all the Sims first and then add them to the tree. Would be much more dynamic if we could add them 'on the fly'
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    @crinrict We'll be refining the workflow throughout the beta process so keep an eye out! Definitely a great suggestion! :)
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    edited August 2016
    Ooooh I have been so excited about this since you first told us about it. I been playing with it all night, I really love it! Terrific job!! Now I finally have a family tree where people wont get culled from: Thayer-Monty Family
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    BeaElla wrote: »
    Ooooh I have been so excited about this since you first told us about it. I been playing with it all night, I really love it! Terrific job!! Now I finally have a family tree where people wont get culled from: Thayer-Monty Family

@BeaElla Thank you! So pleased you're having fun with it! :)

Edit: Just had a look at the tree! I adored Meadow back in TS2! And love the Monty family throwback!
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    @ThePlumbob Thank you! Initially they were just suppose to be background players for Romeo and Juliette, but I just fell in love with the Thayer-Montys :D
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I've been adding my legacy family and so far I love it! I tried so many different sites and even tried making it in Photoshop, but I was never satisfied, but this is definitely what I've been looking for! So excited to see how the site is gonna evolve <3:#

Also because some others are doing it, here is my tree! It's still very much a work in progress, but I'm really happy with it so far! I'm so glad this exists :smiley:

@Cuddleblaine That's such an adorable family! I especially like Sasha - she's so edgy!
    BeaElla wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob Thank you! Initially they were just suppose to be background players for Romeo and Juliette, but I just fell in love with the Thayer-Montys :D

@BeaElla Can't say I blame you, Meadow and Mercutio make a gorgeous couple!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I have another question :D

Do you plan to have the possibility to add parents and other spouses to the partners as well ? That would be a great thing to have.

Especially for half-siblings from the partner side.

Another feature I would like if you could group trees together.

Like if someone plays rotationally but multiple saves, they could have a group of family trees per save.

Like this:

My legacy save

- Goth
    - Pancake
    - Blabla
    - whatever

100 Baby challange

- Lots of kids
    - cantthinkofname
    - thatsalotofwork

AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    I have another question :D
    Do you plan to have the possibility to add parents and other spouses to the partners as well ? That would be a great thing to have.

Yes please, that'd be nice! :)

The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    @crinrict & @Fonxi121994 The short answer is that it's something we would like to do in the future but is difficult due to the limitations of the technology we currently use. The long answer can be found in our FAQ :)