Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zombies didn't get installed with supernatural?

I went through 3 full moon nights without any zombies, so I went to look in the options and there isn't even a check box for zombie, not that its innactive but that its missing entirely.

What could be the problem?

Comments

• Options
    SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    I have supernatural installed. I have witches, faeries, and everything else. Just no zombies
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Are you using any mods?
  • Options
    Nope. I don't have any mods. And I've yet to use a cheat
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    There's no checkbox for zombies; that's normal. They should spawn on the full moon unless you have a mod to disable them though. I only played through a few zombie nights before installing one myself. I'm not sure why zombies wouldn't be spawning. Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • Options
    Oh. So there's not supposed to be a checkbox to activate/deactivate zombie spawning?
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Oh. So there's not supposed to be a checkbox to activate/deactivate zombie spawning?

No. The way most people deactivate zombies if they don't use mods is to make the moon static in a moon phase other than full moon in game options.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    They should be annoying at full moon...
    Try creating a test save. Create (or buy) a potion called Zombification. Have sim throw it and see, does that sim become a zombie.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I'd call that pretty lucky XD lol
  • Options
    Ok. I was under the impression they'd be in the options with everything else. Good to know. I'll check during the next full moon and see if any appear then.

At the very least, if they are spawning they aren't annoying. But I have yet to have one appear near my sim
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I went through 3 full moon nights without any zombies, so I went to look in the options and there isn't even a check box for zombie, not that its innactive but that its missing entirely.

What could be the problem?

Depending on how long you've been playing with Supernatural it might be they haven't started spawning yet. You could try what I did. I kept the moon phase on full all the time. I loved the full moon interactions of the townies, the supernaturals and of course the zombies.

I know a lot of people didn't like them but I thought they got up to some funny things. (If you have a garden make sure there isn't room inside the fence for zombies to spawn there and eat your garden.)

I would keep the wishing well, from Lucky Palms, in my yard and put out a boom box. I've had zombies go fishing in the wishing well, start dancing to music and other interactions that were fun for me to watch.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Ok well I did another night on the full moon, and I did get one zombie to appear. But she didn't do anything. Just stood there.

They're supposed to attack gardens and come after you right?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    Ok well I did another night on the full moon, and I did get one zombie to appear. But she didn't do anything. Just stood there.

They're supposed to attack gardens and come after you right?

Yes they can attack gardens which is why I always end up either making myself a greenhouse and locking the door so they can't get in or place a fence around your garden and lock gate to everyone but household. I also like to place stuff outside such as the rocking chair from the EP as zombies will use them. If you have a swimming pool on your lot, they will go swimming. I have Into the Future and have seen zombies using the hoverboards... :p

• Options
    Ok after a couple full moons I'm happy report that zombies appear at full mast now, 4 at a time as it were. When they attack, the sim will scream and that makes em back off. Wonder what that's about.

But yeah, all's well otherwise. I thought there would be a checkbox for zombies too and turns out I was wrong. Just took time for them to start spawning!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Ok after a couple full moons I'm happy report that zombies appear at full mast now, 4 at a time as it were. When they attack, the sim will scream and that makes em back off. Wonder what that's about.

But yeah, all's well otherwise. I thought there would be a checkbox for zombies too and turns out I was wrong. Just took time for them to start spawning!

Glad you finally got your zombies. I had a feeling they just hadn't started spawning. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did. If you ever want them to stop just switch off the full moon.

If you do want more aggressive zombies there are mods out there.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright