Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Hi all!

Ever since I created a new game folder to resolve a mod problem all of my saved outfits, custom hair colors, custom eye colors, etc. have vanished even though I copied my old folder back over the new one I made, replacing all the new files with the old ones. Not only that, but any new colors I make are deleted every time I leave CAS. I clearly did something wrong since there were no problems before I made the new folder. What did I do?

Thanks!
    This means that when you go to CASt on these items, the previously saved "favorites" customizations are not there? Sounds like something is wrong with your Userpresets.package file. Since your presets are not working now, perhaps it would be best to delete this file and see if a new one spawns that gets used properly going forward.

Or did you mean something else here?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    KharkyKharky Posts: 13 New Member
    Can someone link me where I can post sims 4 tech help stuff as a new member?
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited November 2017
    Kharky wrote: »
    Can someone link me where I can post sims 4 tech help stuff as a new member?

@rosemow never mind they need chester
  • Options
    In the meantime:
    Got the "upgrade" from my OH on Friday and it's royally 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up my computer.
    Blue screen of death regularly, including when not being used.

He tried poking around with it to fix it but eventually gave up and put my old hardware back in. Still getting BSoD.
    It was running Sims 4 fine for the prior week perfectly fine. Something always goes wrong when he tries to upgrade me.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Kharky wrote: »
    In the meantime:
    Got the "upgrade" from my OH on Friday and it's royally plum up my computer.
    Blue screen of death regularly, including when not being used.

He tried poking around with it to fix it but eventually gave up and put my old hardware back in. Still getting BSoD.
    It was running Sims 4 fine for the prior week perfectly fine. Something always goes wrong when he tries to upgrade me.

. Since your a new member I will send you a PM. You need chesterbigbird who is a build expert
  • Options
    Thanks.
    I also want to discuss the extra content stuff for TS4- where can I do that?
  • Options
    SimshortSimshort Posts: 3 New Member
    I have a strange problem where the censors are way too big and ugly! I would really like help, thanks.
  • Options
    SimshortSimshort Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Simshort said:
    > I have a strange problem where the censors are way too big and ugly! I would really like help, thanks.

I meant dark instead of ugly, lol
  • Options
    Simshort wrote: »
    I have a strange problem where the censors are way too big and ugly! I would really like help, thanks.
    If not averse to using mods, there are many of them out there that remove the censor blur, often also referred to as the "mosaic," entirely. NRaas has one, it begins with a "D," and there are some at ModTheSims but make sure not to use one that is for a prior Patch Level than you are playing as that will break things. Not sure that we can really link to or discuss them more fully on this forum.

Also not sure if I have ever seen a TS3 mod that reduces the size or the impact of the blur rather than removing it entirely.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I didn't want to open a new thread for this because it's probably going to get a quick no as an answer. I was looking around newer laptops and nearly all of them had an intel hd 620 as a graphics card (that's an i5-7200U CPU). I was trying to figure out if it would run the sims 2 uc. But most questions were about TS3 and the answers said it should run with all EPs just fine, which I find rather hard to believe.
    So my question comes down to this: would it run at all?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    I didn't want to open a new thread for this because it's probably going to get a quick no as an answer. I was looking around newer laptops and nearly all of them had an intel hd 620 as a graphics card (that's an i5-7200U CPU). I was trying to figure out if it would run the sims 2 uc. But most questions were about TS3 and the answers said it should run with all EPs just fine, which I find rather hard to believe.
    The Intel HD 620 is an integrated graphics chip. It is much stronger than its predecessors, integrated has come a long way over the years, but it can only go so far. There will still be limitations it will present with respect to TS3. It probably could run many of the EPs well enough on medium to low graphics settings in Game Options to be fun to play if the laptop has at least 6 GB of RAM to go with it and you can keep it from overheating -- integrated calls upon RAM to try to do what a dedicated card can. Pets and Seasons might not work out so well, IP and ITF might be iffy. Long-running multi-generational games might fall apart more quickly and extremely fussy complicated lots, high poly count CC hair, heavily populated worlds, etc. would probably be too much for such a system.

So the short(er) answer for TS3 is that it's generally playable to a certain extent on an HD 620 as long as the player manages their expectations accordingly. We still recommend a suitable dedicated Nvidia graphics card though, that would be GTX 960M or higher in the 900 series, 1050 mobile or higher on the 1000 series, or the AMD equivalents, to get a better experience out of the game and not have to constantly worry about the limitations of integrated.

TS2 is different. Even though the UC is a spruced up version, we're still talking about a game whose engine was designed in 2004 and prior, with EPs that came out just after. It was programmed very differently from TS3, all of the game iterations are different, there is no open world to simulate, and it uses far less resources. Let's see if others disagree with this, but I think it should run fine on the laptops you have described.

Edit: Phoebe is right, this really is a better question for the TS2 section of the forum to see what players there have experienced.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options

I don't know. I have TS2 UC on my desktop that can also play all of TS3. Have you asked the sims 2 section if others are using same kind of specs? If not maybe start a thread in that section so people can post their specs. This way others can get a better idea of what cheaper non gaming laptops might run TS2 UC.
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    @igazor @phoebebebe13 Thank you for your answers :smile: My question was about TS3, I just assumed that if it could handle that, it would be fine with TS2 also. I figured that for now, I'll buy a laptop that's good for a college student (long battery life & fast) and once things calmed down and I'll have the money, I'll buy a decent desktop. Thanks again! ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @igazor @phoebebebe13 Thank you for your answers :smile: My question was about TS3, I just assumed that if it could handle that, it would be fine with TS2 also. I figured that for now, I'll buy a laptop that's good for a college student (long battery life & fast) and once things calmed down and I'll have the money, I'll buy a decent desktop. Thanks again! ;)

Your welcome. You may have issues on that laptop running TS3. I did however start a thread in TS2 section if people want to share their lower end laptop specs for TS2 and what will run TS2. We do get asked that question now and again . You may be able to run TS2 on that laptop. TS2 requirements are much less than TS3
  • Options
    MysticRose22MysticRose22 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > MysticRose22 wrote: »
    >
    > After about a year break, I started playing Sims again in September. Right at the beginning I was getting frustrated because it would start loading but go to a black screen until I hit the Windows button on my laptop. When I click to go back into the game, it would be on the next loading screen, but not do anything until I press the windows button again, then click back onto the game and yet again it would be on the next loading screen. I have to do this between each loading screen, and when the game opens, between each click. So I upgraded my driver and that seemed to fix the problem and I played smoothly up until last week. I went to open it one day and it was doing it all over again! Everything is updated in the game, and on my computer. Nothing has changed. I am so frustrated because nothing that anyone suggests seems to work. I can't really blame my laptop since it was working just fine for almost 2 months. I am hoping someone out there might have some tips for me to try because I am really missing my Sims :-( I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and I recently reset my computer to original settings as well.
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi there. Your problem descriptions about "The Sims" and these loading screens seem awfully generic. Which version of the game are you playing, TS3, TS4, or one of the others? TS3 doesn't have loading screens in-game unless you are traveling your sims to foreign worlds, but maybe I am not clearly understanding what you are describing there.

Basically, the freezing happens during loading of the game (if I hit the windows button on my laptop then go back in it has loaded the next screen) During game play, it freezes with every click. With every click I have to hit the windows button then go back in for my click action to take place. Freezing may not be the right term, but I am unsure how else to explain it.
  • Options
    MysticRose22MysticRose22 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @MysticRose22 said:
    > > @igazor said:
    > > MysticRose22 wrote: »
    > >
    > > After about a year break, I started playing Sims again in September. Right at the beginning I was getting frustrated because it would start loading but go to a black screen until I hit the Windows button on my laptop. When I click to go back into the game, it would be on the next loading screen, but not do anything until I press the windows button again, then click back onto the game and yet again it would be on the next loading screen. I have to do this between each loading screen, and when the game opens, between each click. So I upgraded my driver and that seemed to fix the problem and I played smoothly up until last week. I went to open it one day and it was doing it all over again! Everything is updated in the game, and on my computer. Nothing has changed. I am so frustrated because nothing that anyone suggests seems to work. I can't really blame my laptop since it was working just fine for almost 2 months. I am hoping someone out there might have some tips for me to try because I am really missing my Sims :-( I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and I recently reset my computer to original settings as well.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hi there. Your problem descriptions about "The Sims" and these loading screens seem awfully generic. Which version of the game are you playing, TS3, TS4, or one of the others? TS3 doesn't have loading screens in-game unless you are traveling your sims to foreign worlds, but maybe I am not clearly understanding what you are describing there.
    >
    > Basically, the freezing happens during loading of the game (if I hit the windows button on my laptop then go back in it has loaded the next screen) During game play, it freezes with every click. With every click I have to hit the windows button then go back in for my click action to take place. Freezing may not be the right term, but I am unsure how else to explain it.

Oh, and I am playing Sims 3
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @MysticRose - The only thing I can think of that could possibly cause that is a "bad" graphics card driver update especially as you said a prior update fixed the issue temporarily. What graphics card are we talking about and from where are you getting these updates? Usually we recommend device driver updates come from the computer manufacturer (first choice) then the device manufacturer (Nvidia, AMD) second choice but not from Microsoft as you can end up with the wrong drivers that way. We also know that GeForce Experience, if this is an Nvidia card, can make a mess of older games like TS3 especially if it's used to Optimize, although that step can be undone.

If you have no idea what kind of hardware you are working with, we will need to see a full dxdiag report. This will also tell us which drivers you have in use for which devices. It would be far too long to paste the full report into one response, so you would have to split it up into several multiple ones or use pastebin.com and provide a link (no account needed, the service is free).
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    SinisterSmilezSinisterSmilez Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi!
    I'm playing the sims 3 and I had a straight couple have a child and then I wanted my same-sex couple to adopt the child but I can't from inside my household. I deleted it's parents from the town and used CAS to edit her last name to fit my couple's. But I can't find a way to edit the relationship between my sims ):
    Is there a way to cheat the system and edit the family tree to make the child the daughter of my same-sex couple?
  • Options
    SinisterSmilezSinisterSmilez Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SinisterSmilez said:
    > Hi!
    > I'm playing the sims 3 and I had a straight couple have a child and then I wanted my same-sex couple to adopt the child but I can't from inside my household. I deleted it's parents from the town and used CAS to edit her last name to fit my couple's. But I can't find a way to edit the relationship between my sims ):
    > Is there a way to cheat the system and edit the family tree to make the child the daughter of my same-sex couple?

BTW, I DO have nraas MasterController now, I just downloaded it, if there's a way to change the relationships using it i'd love a tutorial but like, only if there is NOT a way in the Sims 3 without a mod
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    > @SinisterSmilez said:
    > Hi!
    > I'm playing the sims 3 and I had a straight couple have a child and then I wanted my same-sex couple to adopt the child but I can't from inside my household. I deleted it's parents from the town and used CAS to edit her last name to fit my couple's. But I can't find a way to edit the relationship between my sims ):
    > Is there a way to cheat the system and edit the family tree to make the child the daughter of my same-sex couple?

BTW, I DO have nraas MasterController now, I just downloaded it, if there's a way to change the relationships using it i'd love a tutorial but like, only if there is NOT a way in the Sims 3 without a mod
    To change the family relationships between two existing sims:
    NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Advanced > Family > Add Child (Parent, Sibling). You will then be prompted for the identity of the second sim.
    (MC Cheats add-on module required)

This isn't really adoption in the sense that the parent(s) will become the full parent(s) of the child, their genetics stand to be passed down to any grandchildren, etc. The concept of stepparents and stepkids in TS3 is really weak in general.

Not so much tutorials, but we offer full Interactions pages that describe what all of the commands in each of the NRaas mods do (page search if you can't find the exact command you are looking for right away) and FAQ pages for such commonly asked questions. :)
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Interactions
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+FAQ
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Susanna_ wrote: »
    Hi,
    My problem is that the game keeps resetting the pet lifespans (but not the human lifespan). For example, I want dogs to be puppies for 28 days, but every time I set it to 28 days the game resets it to 26 days. I have even tried setting the lifespan by editing the Options.ini file, but the same thing happens. Is there any way to stop this happening?
    At the risk of asking a silly question, what happens if you set puppies to be 30 days?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
  • Options
    Susanna_ wrote: »
    > @igazor said:
    > Susanna_ wrote: »
    >
    > Hi,
    > My problem is that the game keeps resetting the pet lifespans (but not the human lifespan). For example, I want dogs to be puppies for 28 days, but every time I set it to 28 days the game resets it to 26 days. I have even tried setting the lifespan by editing the Options.ini file, but the same thing happens. Is there any way to stop this happening?
    >
    >
    >
    > At the risk of asking a silly question, what happens if you set puppies to be 30 days?

I just tried that and the same thing happened, it's reset back to 26 days.
    Strange. The only other thing I can think of is that your Options.ini file is somehow damaged. You might try pulling it out to your Desktop entirely, thus forcing the game to generate a new one with all default settings across the board on its next launch. Then after readjusting all of your Game Options settings entirely, see if that one works any better.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top