Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Susanna_ wrote: »
    > @igazor said:
    > Susanna_ wrote: »
    >
    > > @igazor said:
    > > Susanna_ wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > > My problem is that the game keeps resetting the pet lifespans (but not the human lifespan). For example, I want dogs to be puppies for 28 days, but every time I set it to 28 days the game resets it to 26 days. I have even tried setting the lifespan by editing the Options.ini file, but the same thing happens. Is there any way to stop this happening?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > At the risk of asking a silly question, what happens if you set puppies to be 30 days?
    >
    > I just tried that and the same thing happened, it's reset back to 26 days.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Strange. The only other thing I can think of is that your Options.ini file is somehow damaged. You might try pulling it out to your Desktop entirely, thus forcing the game to generate a new one with all default settings across the board on its next launch. Then after readjusting all of your Game Options settings entirely, see if that one works any better.

Unfortunately that didn't work either, so I guess I'll have to put up with it....

Are you doing your settings from the initial launcher or in game? I do all my launcher settings in game rather than use the initial launcher . The settings in the initial launcher can be wonky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Susanna_ wrote: »
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Susanna_ wrote: »
    >
    > > @igazor said:
    > > Susanna_ wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @igazor said:
    > > > Susanna_ wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Hi,
    > > > My problem is that the game keeps resetting the pet lifespans (but not the human lifespan). For example, I want dogs to be puppies for 28 days, but every time I set it to 28 days the game resets it to 26 days. I have even tried setting the lifespan by editing the Options.ini file, but the same thing happens. Is there any way to stop this happening?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > At the risk of asking a silly question, what happens if you set puppies to be 30 days?
    > >
    > > I just tried that and the same thing happened, it's reset back to 26 days.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Strange. The only other thing I can think of is that your Options.ini file is somehow damaged. You might try pulling it out to your Desktop entirely, thus forcing the game to generate a new one with all default settings across the board on its next launch. Then after readjusting all of your Game Options settings entirely, see if that one works any better.
    >
    > Unfortunately that didn't work either, so I guess I'll have to put up with it....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you doing your settings from the initial launcher or in game? I do all my launcher settings in game rather than use the initial launcher . The settings in the initial launcher can be wonky.

I do them in game.

OK. I have not really played with pets and I keep aging off. Maybe someone else will know if there is some kind of fix for your issue
  • Options
    IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    hi. I need some help. So I decided to merge all my packages (ofc excluding mods) and all was going good. I left halfway yesterday, cauz I got s3pe yesterday and spent most of the day deviding tem into mods, sliders, cc by creator etc. So I merged some of my packages yesterday and it was going very good, and then I log in to see all my package files have turned from the white paper with the turned corner icon to s3pe icon and have no .pacage behind them. So how do I turn them into their previous icon with the .package writing on them. Thank you
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    hi. I need some help. So I decided to merge all my packages (ofc excluding mods) and all was going good. I left halfway yesterday, cauz I got s3pe yesterday and spent most of the day deviding tem into mods, sliders, cc by creator etc. So I merged some of my packages yesterday and it was going very good, and then I log in to see all my package files have turned from the white paper with the turned corner icon to s3pe icon and have no .pacage behind them. So how do I turn them into their previous icon with the .package writing on them. Thank you
    Didn't notice the double posting of this question right away (it's not really a good practice to do this as multiple conversations will form). Already answered over here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16168942/#Comment_16168942
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    yep saw that. Thank you. I saw that thread just after posting here and since it was a merging disscusion i posted my problem there too. Thanks for the help tho!
  • Options
    sarahel34sarahel34 Posts: 5 New Member
    New member here, I got a new laptop a few months ago and redownloaded sims 3 onto it. I have the late night, high end loft, and seasons EPs. my model of laptop is fairly new (released last year) and runs on the Intel HD graphics 520 run on an i7 core so I don't think my laptop is causing the issue, and according to the research I've done, the graphics I have SHOULD be able to handle the graphics.

But my issue is everything runs smooth and clean and pretty detailed except for the grass textures, which just look like a green blob. But when I paint the terrain with other grass paints, it shows up detailed like it should. My sims currently live in an apartment, and I bought property to build a house, and I bulldozed the lot and noticed some ground clipping where the back of house's floor was (And don't know if this is relevant, but in map mode, the house that was already on the lot is shown as still being there when the lot should be completely empty).

All my settings are run on medium, I don't use advanced rendering (I clicked the box for AR just to see if it'd fix it, it didn't) and I haven't noticed this problem before now. What's causing this? Could some of my files for grass textures be corrupted?

I do use a little bit of CC, I just updated my display drivers and loaded my saved game and nothing's changed.
  • Options
    RhiannaRhianna Posts: 63 Member
    > @sarahel34 said:
    > New member here, I got a new laptop a few months ago and redownloaded sims 3 onto it. I have the late night, high end loft, and seasons EPs. my model of laptop is fairly new (released last year) and runs on the Intel HD graphics 520 run on an i7 core so I don't think my laptop is causing the issue, and according to the research I've done, the graphics I have SHOULD be able to handle the graphics.
    >
    > But my issue is everything runs smooth and clean and pretty detailed except for the grass textures, which just look like a green blob. But when I paint the terrain with other grass paints, it shows up detailed like it should. My sims currently live in an apartment, and I bought property to build a house, and I bulldozed the lot and noticed some ground clipping where the back of house's floor was (And don't know if this is relevant, but in map mode, the house that was already on the lot is shown as still being there when the lot should be completely empty).
    >
    > All my settings are run on medium, I don't use advanced rendering (I clicked the box for AR just to see if it'd fix it, it didn't) and I haven't noticed this problem before now. What's causing this? Could some of my files for grass textures be corrupted?
    >
    > I do use a little bit of CC, I just updated my display drivers and loaded my saved game and nothing's changed.

Have you tried putting the settings up to high or very high? It may be worth seeing if it's just a case of doing that, but if not I'll look into the issue for you.
    cropped-cropped-a-rainbow-blossoms61.jpg
  • Options
    > @Rhianna said:
    > > @sarahel34 said:
    > > New member here, I got a new laptop a few months ago and redownloaded sims 3 onto it. I have the late night, high end loft, and seasons EPs. my model of laptop is fairly new (released last year) and runs on the Intel HD graphics 520 run on an i7 core so I don't think my laptop is causing the issue, and according to the research I've done, the graphics I have SHOULD be able to handle the graphics.
    > >
    > > But my issue is everything runs smooth and clean and pretty detailed except for the grass textures, which just look like a green blob. But when I paint the terrain with other grass paints, it shows up detailed like it should. My sims currently live in an apartment, and I bought property to build a house, and I bulldozed the lot and noticed some ground clipping where the back of house's floor was (And don't know if this is relevant, but in map mode, the house that was already on the lot is shown as still being there when the lot should be completely empty).
    > >
    > > All my settings are run on medium, I don't use advanced rendering (I clicked the box for AR just to see if it'd fix it, it didn't) and I haven't noticed this problem before now. What's causing this? Could some of my files for grass textures be corrupted?
    > >
    > > I do use a little bit of CC, I just updated my display drivers and loaded my saved game and nothing's changed.
    >
    > Have you tried putting the settings up to high or very high? It may be worth seeing if it's just a case of doing that, but if not I'll look into the issue for you.

I had some of my settings on either high or very high (ground textures, sim detail, tree detail, etc.) but I can try and run the game on all high settings.
  • Options
    [quote="sarahel34;c-16171285"]> @Rhianna said:
    > > @sarahel34 said:
    > > New member here, I got a new laptop a few months ago and redownloaded sims 3 onto it. I have the late night, high end loft, and seasons EPs. my model of laptop is fairly new (released last year) and runs on the Intel HD graphics 520 run on an i7 core so I don't think my laptop is causing the issue, and according to the research I've done, the graphics I have SHOULD be able to handle the graphics.
    > >
    > > But my issue is everything runs smooth and clean and pretty detailed except for the grass textures, which just look like a green blob. But when I paint the terrain with other grass paints, it shows up detailed like it should. My sims currently live in an apartment, and I bought property to build a house, and I bulldozed the lot and noticed some ground clipping where the back of house's floor was (And don't know if this is relevant, but in map mode, the house that was already on the lot is shown as still being there when the lot should be completely empty).
    > >
    > > All my settings are run on medium, I don't use advanced rendering (I clicked the box for AR just to see if it'd fix it, it didn't) and I haven't noticed this problem before now. What's causing this? Could some of my files for grass textures be corrupted?
    > >
    > > I do use a little bit of CC, I just updated my display drivers and loaded my saved game and nothing's changed.
    >
    > Have you tried putting the settings up to high or very high? It may be worth seeing if it's just a case of doing that, but if not I'll look into the issue for you.

I had some of my settings on either high or very high (ground textures, sim detail, tree detail, etc.) but I can try and run the game on all high settings. [/quote]

I just loaded one of my saved games and the grass is fine now, it may have been my outdated display drivers. Hoping this doesn't happen in the future.
  • Options
    @sarahel34 It might be worth a try. If not, I've seen online that you may need to try with the advanced rendering again, as usually that solves the problem. If you haven't done so already, I suggest you turn it on, then restart the game to see if it has worked.
    Also, you have just updated your graphic card drivers, right? This is usually another solution, but if that didn't make a difference then that's probably not the issue.
    I found a thread on here from May 2011 called "HIGH QUALITY GRASS WITHOUT ADVANCED RENDERING.". I'm unable to link you to it as I'm new to the forums. It's a bit more technical, but there's plenty of guidance on that thread. What they suggested seems to have helped quite a few people, so it might benefit you.
  • Options
    @sarahel34 Great to hear it! My reply came in a bit late, I didn't see yours before I posted mine, so don't worry about what I just said.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    sarahel34 wrote: »
    New member here, I got a new laptop a few months ago and redownloaded sims 3 onto it. I have the late night, high end loft, and seasons EPs. my model of laptop is fairly new (released last year) and runs on the Intel HD graphics 520 run on an i7 core so I don't think my laptop is causing the issue, and according to the research I've done, the graphics I have SHOULD be able to handle the graphics.
    sarahel34 wrote: »
    I just loaded one of my saved games and the grass is fine now, it may have been my outdated display drivers. Hoping this doesn't happen in the future.

Hi there. I'm glad you've solved the grass problem for now, but I do want to point out that you are playing the second heaviest hitting EP from TS3. Pets is the heaviest, Seasons is second then followed by IP and ITF. An Intel 520 is not a dedicated graphics card, it's integrated. That's going to limit how far you can push this game -- as you have already seen you cannot run it well on high graphics options. It's great if you can make the game with the combination of EPs you like run well for you, but I'm afraid that its performance may not hold up in the long run based on other players' experiences.

No one needs a super monster 2017 gaming computer to play a game that was designed in 2009, but TS3's needs are kind of special and it's not very forgiving if they aren't met. We always recommend a dedicated Nvidia or AMD graphics card of sufficient strength for more than the base game and the very earliest of the EPs whenver feasible.

In case this helps: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Onboard_Graphics (originally written for TS2, but the same applies here)

And this: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+For+Better+Game+Performance :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    xPenquinxPenquin Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello,
    Today I installed the EP cats and dogs, but when I load my family, Windows shows the error "that the Sims 4 has stopped working". I already tried removing my CC, but this doesn't work. This is the only EP I have on my laptop, because I'm always afraid that it cannot run so many packs. This is why I waited for a pack that I really wanted, but unfortunately it does not work. Anyone has any recommendations?
  • Options
    xPenquin wrote: »
    Hello,
    Today I installed the EP cats and dogs, but when I load my family, Windows shows the error "that the Sims 4 has stopped working". I already tried removing my CC, but this doesn't work. This is the only EP I have on my laptop, because I'm always afraid that it cannot run so many packs. This is why I waited for a pack that I really wanted, but unfortunately it does not work. Anyone has any recommendations?
    Hi there. This is the Tech Discussions board on the TS3 section of the forum. Many of us here do not play TS4 so the help we can offer would be limited. I will say by reputation that C & D raises the requirements to run the game dramatically all by itself even if no other EPs are present in much the same way that the Pets and Seasons EPs for TS3 do.

But I suggest you try posting on the TS4 section if you could. The helpful folks there will need some specs on your computer (processor, RAM, graphics card) to be able to assist better.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    SoompieSoompie Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello! First time I've posted here (although I'm pretty familiar with this site from coming here for info over the years) and I'd like to thank you for the help.

I've been having issues with screen tearing.

I have a AMD Radeon 9280x graphics card.
    I have 8 gig ram.
    I have all the expansions and stuff packs installed. It's a fresh install with no CC.
    I have limited my fps to 30 via the radeon settings fps controller (I appplied it to the TS3W) and checked to see if the fps is indeed being limited.
    I'm playing the SIms 3 in fullscreen mode.
    My drivers are up to date.
    I tried playing on low settings with low resolution. Screen tearing remained.

Any advice?
  • Options
    @Soompie -Just to clarify, this would be a Radeon R9 280x? That's a pretty powerful card. What do you have for a CPU? And did this card come with the computer or was it added later -- there could be bottlenecking or an insufficient power supply issue in play.

If not though, I don't think there should be a need to limit the fps to 30, have you tried using 60 or whatever the refresh rate of your monitor is as the limit? And it shouldn't be necessary to play on low settings with low resolution either, unless there is some other reason driving this.

Paging @chesterbigbird as she would be the expert to consult here. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor Thank you for the quick response. Yes, it's that card. My processor is an Intel core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.6 Ghz. I have a 800W power supply.

I'll quickly set the fps to 60 an see what happens.
  • Options
    I set it to 60 fps and it there's still tearing. And I've had this card since the start. It ran fine with a 500 watt power supply too, but I decided to upgrade to a better quality 800 watt one after that one died.
  • Options
    Soompie wrote: »
    I set it to 60 fps and it there's still tearing. And I've had this card since the start. It ran fine with a 500 watt power supply too, but I decided to upgrade to a better quality 800 watt one after that one died.

what is your monitor resolution?

You wold need chesterbigbird or @ChelleJo , to help you with AMD. I don't play on AMD
  • Options
    SiRReeceoSiRReeceo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey!

So recently I've started playing the sims 3 again and I've came accross a weird glitch/bug that seems to not be anywhere when googling for it, wondering if anyone has a fix for it? Video below showing it (had to remove the actual link part, however the is for youtube) :
    /watch?v=5x2stA4YQOI

Also I have tried repairng the game, re-installing, debugging my sim and the computer but the same thing happens.
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Soompie wrote: »
    >
    > I set it to 60 fps and it there's still tearing. And I've had this card since the start. It ran fine with a 500 watt power supply too, but I decided to upgrade to a better quality 800 watt one after that one died.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > what is your monitor resolution?
    >
    > You wold need chesterbigbird or @ChelleJo , to help you with AMD. I don't play on AMD

My resolution is 1920x1080.

And just as a side note, the tearing isn't present in windowed mode.

Thanks for @ing another amd person. This really is an odd problem. The only other place I've encountered something similar is with Skyrim and then it was a vsync/ screen refresh rate issue. Someone included a setting in an ENB mod that fixed it though.
  • Options
    SiRReeceo wrote: »
    Hey!

So recently I've started playing the sims 3 again and I've came accross a weird glitch/bug that seems to not be anywhere when googling for it, wondering if anyone has a fix for it? Video below showing it (had to remove the actual link part, however the is for youtube) :
    /watch?v=5x2stA4YQOI

Also I have tried repairng the game, re-installing, debugging my sim and the computer but the same thing happens.
    Do you have any mods in play? The jump/action reset upon using a computer (this is what we are supposed to be seeing, right?) could be caused by an outdated or conflicting one.

You might also try pulling your entire TS3 user game folder out of Documents to your Desktop (you can put it back later) and see if the problem persists on a test game in the clean game folder that will spawn to take its place with no added content. You won't have any store content, installed worlds, mods, prior saved games, or CC this way but they will all be safe back in the pulled out folder and this is just for testing. It's called a "Clean Folder Run."
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Soompie wrote: »
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Soompie wrote: »
    >
    > I set it to 60 fps and it there's still tearing. And I've had this card since the start. It ran fine with a 500 watt power supply too, but I decided to upgrade to a better quality 800 watt one after that one died.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > what is your monitor resolution?
    >
    > You wold need chesterbigbird or @ChelleJo , to help you with AMD. I don't play on AMD

My resolution is 1920x1080.

And just as a side note, the tearing isn't present in windowed mode.

Thanks for @ing another amd person. This really is an odd problem. The only other place I've encountered something similar is with Skyrim and then it was a vsync/ screen refresh rate issue. Someone included a setting in an ENB mod that fixed it though.

Your card should be fine in that resolution at 60 fps in full screen (not windowed)

I wonder if you have a bad video driver installed? When @chesterbigbird comes on she may be able to figure out what is going on
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    @soompie
    I would download RivaTuner and force vsync through there and see if that helps,
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html
    After downloading and installing you will want to set the frame rate limit to 60 and put the application detection level to medium, also click to have the program start when windows starts (in case you forget to open it) Always have that running in the background (minimized) When gaming.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top