Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about a little positive reinforcement

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

I agree that TS4 has good points. I do love CAS and thought the gender patch just added more to it. The game play.......ehhhh....not so much there.

I had gotten to the point where I would fool around with it sometimes and at a couple of points enjoyed what I could manage to do. Then the glitches and bugs started. I'm not exaggerating when I say that each time a large patch is done something (or sometimes somethings) new is broken.

I refuse to go out looking for mods to fix a game I didn't break. When I buy something I expect it to work....I'm just funny that way. Not only do you have to find the mods then they need to be hunted for again for updates and I just don't agree with doing these things just to play a game. An A list game no less.

I'm well-aware. That and the nerfing is why I haven't touched the dang thing since December. Every time I'm tempted, I ask myself why bother? There's no point in getting attached to anything or having it work properly in the near-future.

Oh, thought of another positive. But then I lost my train of thought... I'm sure it was something to do with building again. *frowns*

Let's see...
    Filters were mentioned.
    Search feature was mentioned
    Room tool was mentioned
    The roof Edging over verandas? Can't think of what they're called at the moment and afraid of calling it the wrong thing. Grrr.
    Roof tool was mentioned
    Splicing? Was that mentioned?
    Hats were mentioned.
    Platform tool would be great if it wasn't all or nothing. Nice how the stairs adjust along with it.

Crumb. I really can't remember what I was going to say. :\
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I agree that TS4 has good points. I do love CAS and thought the gender patch just added more to it. The game play.......ehhhh....not so much there.

I had gotten to the point where I would fool around with it sometimes and at a couple of points enjoyed what I could manage to do. Then the glitches and bugs started. I'm not exaggerating when I say that each time a large patch is done something (or sometimes somethings) new is broken.

I refuse to go out looking for mods to fix a game I didn't break. When I buy something I expect it to work....I'm just funny that way. Not only do you have to find the mods then they need to be hunted for again for updates and I just don't agree with doing these things just to play a game. An A list game no less.

I'm well-aware. That and the nerfing is why I haven't touched the dang thing since December. Every time I'm tempted, I ask myself why bother? There's no point in getting attached to anything or having it work properly in the near-future.

Oh, thought of another positive. But then I lost my train of thought... I'm sure it was something to do with building again. *frowns*

Let's see...
    Filters were mentioned.
    Search feature was mentioned
    Room tool was mentioned
    The roof Edging over verandas? Can't think of what they're called at the moment and afraid of calling it the wrong thing. Grrr.
    Roof tool was mentioned
    Splicing? Was that mentioned?
    Hats were mentioned.
    Platform tool would be great if it wasn't all or nothing. Nice how the stairs adjust along with it.

Crumb. I really can't remember what I was going to say. :\

I think having some of these features is what cause us to not have terrain tools/manipulation (?). Like the room tool - being able to move/place rooms.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Arkster93Arkster93 Posts: 154 Member
    ledfut360 wrote: »
    Every time I read through the forums I always see the same thing over and over and over. Whine, whine, whine. I agree that TS4 isn't everything it could be, but neither were the older versions. So I'm gonna challenge your brains. If you actually play TS4, then let's hear two things you really love about the game. What are the things you believe the developers have done right.

They dindu nuffin right. The game is plum.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I bought ts4 base deluxe edition. That's all I have and, barring a $5 bargain bin price for the rest of the expansions, that's all I'm going to have from ts4. Here's what they did right imho:

1) I like the recent transgender inclusivity patch. That was a super cool thing somebody at EA/Maxis made happen.
    2) I like some of the CAS aspects. Not too crazy about the super color saturated cartoony look of the sims... but overall an improvement.
    3) I like the home building tools. The building and placing room features are pretty sweet. Upgrading the comfort levels of furniture through handiness skills should be a thing by now. It is not. I like being able to move objects into tight areas with the alt key. Things are wonky, otherwise.

If the rest of the game rose up the level of the CAS and home building implementation, and if the care and deference for the fans was the level to what was given during the rollout of the transgender inclusivity patch then it would be a much less disappointing game... imho.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Apparently the OP doesn't have a clue of the difference between negative and positive reinforcement. Positive reinforcement causes an increase in the behavior it follows. Why in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 would I want to praise anything from this game, ---that I'm unhappy with---, to encourage the team to continue to do what they're doing?
    Answer: I'm not.
    Hence:
    meeoun wrote: »
    Every time I read through the forums I always see the same thing over and over and over. Whine, whine, whine. I agree that TS4 isn't everything it could be, but neither were the older versions. So I'm gonna challenge your brains. If you actually play TS4, then let's hear two things you really love about the game. What are the things you believe the developers have done right.

2qa5q4g.jpg
  • Options
    Goodywood wrote: »

I think having some of these features is what cause us to not have terrain tools/manipulation (?). Like the room tool - being able to move/place rooms.

That's an interesting thought. I thought it was because it was supposed to be an online game, but the room tool could very well contribute.

I'd happily give it up for terrain tools if that were the case.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Apparently the OP doesn't have a clue of the difference between negative and positive reinforcement. Positive reinforcement causes an increase in the behavior it follows. Why in bloody plum would I want to praise anything from this game, ---that I'm unhappy with---, to encourage the team to continue to do what they're doing?
    Hence:

2qa5q4g.jpg

Spill that truth tea, henny!
    Apparently the OP doesn't have a clue of the difference between negative and positive reinforcement. Positive reinforcement causes an increase in the behavior it follows. Why in bloody plum would I want to praise anything from this game, ---that I'm unhappy with---, to encourage the team to continue to do what they're doing?
    Hence:

2qa5q4g.jpg

k3p46r.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2016

That's an interesting thought. I thought it was because it was supposed to be an online game, but the room tool could very well contribute.

Me too and I wonder if that's the case really. I can't believe they wouldn't be able to throw rooms into uneven land. When walls and foundations can cut right through hills in Sims 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Hence:

2qa5q4g.jpg

k3p46r.gif

a8f6fb97774d529c114993a0337eea5b8522374a_hq.gif
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhKUVDN_wKs

Remember this glitch?

I need to stop having so many tabs opened I posted this on another thread by mistake >.<
  • Options
    cey5cey5 Posts: 79 Member
    Right: making objects smaller and bigger
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Me too and I wonder if that's the case really. I can't believe they wouldn't be able to throw rooms into uneven land. When walls and foundations can cut right through hills in Sims 3.

I thought about that when I was responding but didn't feel like putting much thought into my thought. Figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and assume the new tools just aren't capable of being that advanced.
  • Options
    Ninoochat wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhKUVDN_wKs

Remember this glitch?

I need to stop having so many tabs opened I posted this on another thread by mistake >.<

I remember it very well. ;)
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    @meeoun, your sig is hilarious. I sat here for five minutes laughing out loud!

epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    @meeoun, your sig is hilarious. I sat here for five minutes laughing out loud!

Lol. It reminded me of TS4.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Now you just made me snort!!! LMBO
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    It's hard to give this game a carrot when some of us feel like we've been swatted.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

What I actually like is the way the sims move. They are less robotic. I can't think of anything else that I like better than Sims3.
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    The Create A Sim and Build Mode is beautiful and simple and easy to work!
    I bet if there was a Sims 5, if it had the great FEATURES from Sims 3, the amazing GAMEPLAY from Sims 2, and the BEAUTIFUL Create A Sim and Build Mode from Sims 4, it would be AMAZING!!!!
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    My favourite this about the game is that not all Sims look the same, but that does not mean that you have some children that look like monsters (kids are actually really cute in Sims 4). I am a rotational player and one of my favourite thing is to see families connecting through marriage and then having children. Seeing genes and looks getting passed on is amazing to me. In sims 2, there were not enough face options for that (kids often looked horrendous...one of the very few bad things about the game). In Sims 3 all my sims had these puffy faces (I don't use CC) and kids would often look odd. I really love how now I have sims that look different and nice, even though they were born in game.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top