Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about a little positive reinforcement

Comments

• Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    The "Whine whine whine" part is rude. These Simmers aren't "whining". They are genuinely leaving their feedback and are very articulate in doing so. Maybe you should take the "whine" part out of your post?

I would list a couple of things that was a good idea in TS4 but even those things are flawed/has bugs. So there is really nothing about TS4 that I honestly am happy with. They need to fix A LOT of things in TS4.

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    This is rich, asking for positivity while insulting others and insulting their intelligence at the same time. You don't have to apologize to anyone and you're entitled to your opinion like everyone else, but you're working against the very thing you ask for.

Just so that we stay on topic, here are my two things.

* Create A Sim, and better looking Sims in general

Sure, there are a few odd looking Sims sometimes but for the most part they look great. This is only enhanced when using default replacement. Even if I adore Sims 2 and 3 the ugly/pudding face was prevalent and default replacement skins is an absolute must. The pushing/pulling method when creating Sims is great for me, and the genetics work excellently.

* Moving households

This one is short and sweet. It's MUCH easier to move Sims between homes and lots, and it helps with immersion when you're able to gobthrpugh a few clicks and swap Sims between households or in the world.

But I don't like the game, it's a travesty.
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2016
    This is rich, asking for positivity while insulting others and insulting their intelligence at the same time. You don't have to apologize to anyone and you're entitled to your opinion like everyone else, but you're working against the very thing you ask for.

Sure, there are a few odd looking Sims sometimes but for the most part they look great. This is only enhanced when using default replacement. Even if I adore Sims 2 and 3 the ugly/pudding face was prevalent and default replacement skins is an absolute must. The pushing/pulling method when creating Sims is great for me, and the genetics work excellently.

* Moving households

This one is short and sweet. It's MUCH easier to move Sims between homes and lots, and it helps with immersion when you're able to gobthrpugh a few clicks and swap Sims between households or in the world.

Silas%203%20en%204_kl_zpswn7lqpko.png

But that was not the point I wanted to make (point being there's no 'must' in sight, nor is there anything prevalent, because I wholehartedly disagree, the left guy looks totally sexy to me and the right guy is a dull doll).

My point however: what do you mean by your second point? Because there's probably something to learn for me. I have to take real good care when I move families in 4, that the game won't cul all the furniture. What's easier than go into edit town and move sims and households. I find the swapping sims via the right upper corner quite complicated. Are there other, more easy ways?

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    @JoAnne65 guy in the left looks better to me, tbh.

As for positivity:
    Room tool
    Roof tool

Those are good tools.

I don't mind the graphics in 4, but I have found I find them less and less appealing as time goes on. I can pick apart any game's graphics though. Gameplay matters most to me.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ZenoraZenora Posts: 63 Member
    CAS, my sims don't all look the same anymore (I would love it if they had hight differences though, but can't nitpick it too much)

I love it that they did not just rehash all the expansion packs from the last sims like they did with all of the last sims
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    ledfut360 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Good intentions with your thread, but your original post is horribly ignorant.

Ignorant meaning lacking in knowledge and education, or the more common use of being rude and uncouth? Because I hope its the latter. As I was reading through a bunch of posts last night, I got to thinking what I would think if it were me behind the scenes trying to put out a game like this. Negative feedback is essential, I know, but the veritable onslaught of negativity would make me walk away from the effort. I'd throw my hands up and decide there is no way to please these people. It's quite rude of us as simmers to not acknowledge what we enjoy as well as what we dislike.

I think it was the use of the word 'whine' that might have prompted that post. Anyway, just because I absolutely love elements of TS4 it isn't enough for me personally to make up for the lack of indepth game play. :) But it's still nice to make a more positive thread where others can read about what players like/love etc.

I agree with @NZsimm3r & @Sk8rblaze - it did sound a liiittle bit judgmental, but it's necessary to remind everyone from time to time what TS4 does right ;)

So: I love CAS & Build mode - I think they're both outstanding tools and I love creating all kinds of lots (it's my main TS4 activity :))
    Multitasking is a great feature (although I wish they could just eat sometimes instead of .. do whatever else it is they do :D)
    I personally enjoyed Dine Out a lot as well, more than Get To Work, and it's nice for family dinners & dates
    And, of course, their cute little faces & facial expressions :)

07-15-16_10-14-16nbspAM_zps9dbuiyzd.png

• Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

* Moving households

But that was not the point I wanted to make (point being there's no 'must' in sight, nor is there anything prevalent, because I wholehartedly disagree, the left guy looks totally sexy to me and the right guy is a dull doll).

My point however: what do you mean by your second point? Because there's probably something to learn for me. I have to take real good care when I move families in 4, that the game won't cul all the furniture. What's easier than go into edit town and move sims and households. I find the swapping sims via the right upper corner quite complicated. Are there other, more easy ways?

He is indeed quite handsome on the left :)
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Accusing players of whining is rude and uncalled.

As for things that I like.

I light the weight gain, it's more real like. Especially during and after pregnancy for female sims.
    I'm a sucker for food, so new foods are always good.

And that's pretty much.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @kremesch73 @SimTrippy I want TS3 sims with TS4 CAS, that's what I want ;) I genuinely am curious about that second point btw, about moving families being easier. Because I find it hard and wonder whether I'm doing something wrong or more complicated than necessary.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    double post
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    kremesch73 SimTrippy I want TS3 sims with TS4 CAS, that's what I want ;) I genuinely am curious about that second point btw, about moving families being easier. Because I find it hard and wonder whether I'm doing something wrong or more complicated than necessary.

That and the new room and roof tools would be awesome :D
  • Options
    GypsyPrinceGypsyPrince Posts: 118 Member
    Still looking...
    sx8np0s.gif

Nope. Can't find any
    don-t-know-her-o_zps0374cab5.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    kremesch73 SimTrippy I want TS3 sims with TS4 CAS, that's what I want ;) I genuinely am curious about that second point btw, about moving families being easier. Because I find it hard and wonder whether I'm doing something wrong or more complicated than necessary.

That and the new room and roof tools would be awesome :D
    And hats on every haircut, and the abbility to pull up walls in tab mode, and a better organized buy and build mode, and adjustable windows, and no maternity clothes, Sims 4 actually does have quite a few things to offer ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    And hats on every haircut, and the abbility to pull up walls in tab mode, and a better organized buy and build mode, and adjustable windows, and no maternity clothes, Sims 4 actually does have quite a few things to offer ;)

Yes. Been a while since I played. All good points. Too bad it does nothing for gameplay for me.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    *snicker* I find it funny and sad we are asked to challenge our brains to figure out what they did right. If they did things right, it probably wouldn't be such a challenge...jk :D

Anyways, CAS and the Lighting update are the best thing from Sims 4. Sooo it is a great game to look at :/
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    keekee53 wrote: »
    *snicker* I find it funny and sad we are asked to challenge our brains to figure out what they did right. If they did things right, it probably wouldn't be such a challenge...jk :D

Anyways, CAS and the Lighting update are the best thing from Sims 4. Sooo it is a great game to look at :/

Well, on the off chance they're listening, maybe they can use the feedback for a future release. :D
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

Well, on the off chance they're listening, maybe they can use the feedback for a future release. :D

lala_zpsojtr24s1.gif
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member

2. This is going to be controversial... I'm glad there is no open world. *hides from the rotten tomatoes being thrown in my direction* Yes, Im too impatient for a ten second loading screen and find them annoying. And yes, it's frustrating to be literally stood on the edge of a lot and have to have a loading screen if you want to step onto it. BUT... I think they made the right decision. Because my game runs so much better and faster than previous games, and the lots are busier. I think if they added an open world, my [reasonable quality] computer wouldn't be able to handle it. I was playing TS2 last night and the loading screens were longer than TS4. And with TS3 it takes up to half an hour for the hood to load and when/if it finally does the community lots are empty. I like that TS4 has achieved a balance between the two. We are not confined to the lot as we were in TS2, but we can walk out into the open area around it and explore it. I do hope they continue to make these open areas large and interesting places.

edit: grammar

I'm going to agree with you on this point. I actually like the fact that there are loading screens. Sure, it can get annoying having it trigger when I just want to visit the lot next door but I like making my Sim go to a club, restaurant, or a park and there are a decent number of sims there. If I wanted that with the open world in Sims 3 then I had to visit a hot spot otherwise it would usually be deserted. We had something similar in TS2 so it's it's something I'm able to handle fairly easily.

OT:

I have to say that I love CAS and build mode. It is so much easier to make my sims look like individuals without the use of custom sliders. Plus I like that it's easier to make sims that match their ethnicity rather than just looking like caricatures or caucasian people with a different skin colour.

In terms of the build mode, I find it much easier to make good-looking houses and buildings plus if something small goes wrong and the house is maybe only a couple of grid squares off from where I want it then I can just pick up the entire building and shift it to where I want it. In TS2 and TS3 I would have had to go through the painstaking process of shifting things over to where I need them to be.
  • Options

* Moving households

It's my opinion, at the end of the day.
    That's not to say that I prefer the Sims in 4 to the ones in 3, especially when you have such a different approach to their looks. While the pudding face problem can be remedied, it's not as prevalent in 4. I prefer to use default replacement skins on my Sims in 3, too. But ultimately, I'm a fan of customization and creativity so Sims 3 will always win in my book. Sims 4 looks best to me unmodded, but it's so stifling creatively that I just don't care for the good points of the CAS in it because the negatives vastly outweigh the positives. Sims 3 IS versatile because even if I don't prefer the standard skin, a simple swap to a default replacement skin and my Sims look gorgeous without looking too hyper realistic, and I can recolir EVERYTHING. Sims 4 is clay looking, but there's no versatility in color, or in looks.

I've seen your sum before, and I do prefer your cc free sum in 3 to the one in 4. Same for your other cc sims. Pudding face is more of a problem with ncps in the sims 3 as the game places all sliders in the middle, but I can create Sims that look distinctive with AND without cc ☺

Oh, the second point was about handling swaps of Sims between households/lots. I haven't played Sims 4 in months because it's awful, so I can't quite recall how to do it but I remember it being easier than in 2/3.

Yes. Been a while since I played. All good points. Too bad it does nothing for gameplay for me.
    No, that's the issue, Sims 4 is great on technical details but fails in overall gameplay.

* Moving households

It's my opinion, at the end of the day.
    That's not to say that I prefer the Sims in 4 to the ones in 3, especially when you have such a different approach to their looks. While the pudding face problem can be remedied, it's not as prevalent in 4. I prefer to use default replacement skins on my Sims in 3, too. But ultimately, I'm a fan of customization and creativity so Sims 3 will always win in my book. Sims 4 looks best to me unmodded, but it's so stifling creatively that I just don't care for the good points of the CAS in it because the negatives vastly outweigh the positives. Sims 3 IS versatile because even if I don't prefer the standard skin, a simple swap to a default replacement skin and my Sims look gorgeous without looking too hyper realistic, and I can recolir EVERYTHING. Sims 4 is clay looking, but there's no versatility in color, or in looks.

I've seen your sum before, and I do prefer your cc free sum in 3 to the one in 4. Same for your other cc sims. Pudding face is more of a problem with ncps in the sims 3 as the game places all sliders in the middle, but I can create Sims that look distinctive with AND without cc ☺

Oh, the second point was about handling swaps of Sims between households/lots. I haven't played Sims 4 in months because it's awful, so I can't quite recall how to do it but I remember it being easier than in 2/3.
    Yes, I know it's an opinion, which was why I didn't want to make a point out of it and yet did of course :mrgreen: I recognize all the complaints about sims in 3 (they have a tendency to look waxy and also turn out similar once you've found a look you like). I can't help myself though when I feel the opinion about the ugly sims is sort of generalized because I've never felt like that about them (only in the beginning when I made my sims marry townies). I must admit that a lot of CC used on those poor creatures turns me off way more than their vanilla look. And to be honest to me most NPC's in Sims 4 look pudding in a way. Plastic and unattractive. The only gorgeous sims I see are in people's avatars. Small and in CAS, having a normal facial expression. I'm not over the moon about sims in 3, they could be so much better. But Sims 4 didn't solve that for me, on the contrary. I think my jumping into that subject mainly has to do with that. Those sims gorgeous, nonono, please don't say that! Remember there may be a Sims 5 and I don't want that again, the grinning, clowny, plastic faced smilers -_- (sorry if I offend anyone but that's how I feel)(like my current sims in 4 by the way, as long as they look normal) As for puddingfaced NPC's: I'm in love with Mastercontroller ;)

As for the second subject, maybe it's because I'm so used to throwing around families and sims in 3 and less in 4. I thought there maybe was a different way to move them, a way I hadn't heard about yet.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    And to be honest to me most NPC's in Sims 4 look pudding in a way.

I usually think the same thing, but last time I tried to play this game, this gorgeous dark-skinned guy with dreads walked past my legacy's house. Unfortunately, the wife's already married to the founder's kid so she had to let him go :D

• Options
    @JoAnne65 Thamks for respecting my opinion :) And no worries over making points over anything, i enjoy reading what a number of members havecto say and your posts are always fun to read because of the points you make. I agree with not wanting the plastic look for Sims if there's a 5th version of the game put out, and if it were a choice between 3 and 4 I'd go for 3 instead. Sims in 4 are pretty much ruined for me with their exaggerated poses and expressions, no matter how great they look or not -THAT is something I won't get over. That's not even going through their buff enhancers -er, I mean, "traits". I don't agree with you on Sims looking similar in 3 when they look good, haha. It's not hard, and though it's not as easy as in 4 the variety in looks in 3 is great too. You just have to get used to using sliders.

I LOVE that mastercontroller helps fix the pudding face issue. It took a bit to figure out since I'm not very tech savvy but once I did some ofctge generated Sims looked hotter than my own lol. What bummed me out was when they're created from the pool in the bin was that they share surnames with the binned Sims -_-
    @PrincessSaturn I think our opinions aren't that far apart after all in this case ;) As for sims looking similar in 3, I mean the games has its limitations concerning looks and that's mainly because all sims share the same facial bone structure. And there aren't that many varieties to get rid of the infamous pudgy look (if there are without CC sliders I remain available for good advice of course). I just don't really mind enough to be totally turned off by it like some.

But I'm going off topic, with my positive reinforcement attempt for Sims 3 instead of 4 :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    And to be honest to me most NPC's in Sims 4 look pudding in a way.

I usually think the same thing, but last time I tried to play this game, this gorgeous dark-skinned guy with dreads walked past my legacy's house. Unfortunately, the wife's already married to the founder's kid so she had to let him go :D
    I must confess the men in 4 are worse for me than the women blush.png
    I prefer men in 3 and women in 4.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I agree that TS4 has good points. I do love CAS and thought the gender patch just added more to it. The game play.......ehhhh....not so much there.

I had gotten to the point where I would fool around with it sometimes and at a couple of points enjoyed what I could manage to do. Then the glitches and bugs started. I'm not exaggerating when I say that each time a large patch is done something (or sometimes somethings) new is broken.

I refuse to go out looking for mods to fix a game I didn't break. When I buy something I expect it to work....I'm just funny that way. Not only do you have to find the mods then they need to be hunted for again for updates and I just don't agree with doing these things just to play a game. An A list game no less.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top