Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnant Sim Can't Relax in Sauna?

I thought I would let my pregnant sim go to the spa and relax in the sauna but was given the message a pregnant sim can't use it. Has it always been this way?

Comments

• Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    I think it's always been that way. It makes sense... typically the spas I've seen have warnings to pregnant persons on them.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Pregnant sims can't use the sauna, it's always been that way!
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    They can't use most of these new objects. They can meditate, however.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Thank you all for letting me know! I guess this was the first time I had ever tried to have a pregnant sim use a sauna.

Strikes me as odd, though. As I was reading the tool tip I hadn't paused the game and she ran up a stairway to autonomously use a treadmill. She can also do what looks to be like extreme dance gyrations and weed a garden. I'm just not sure why they elected to prohibit a pregnant sim from simply sitting in a sauna to relax and chat with other sims, lol.
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote: »
    Thank you all for letting me know! I guess this was the first time I had ever tried to have a pregnant sim use a sauna.

Strikes me as odd, though. As I was reading the tool tip I hadn't paused the game and she ran up a stairway to autonomously use a treadmill. She can also do what looks to be like extreme dance gyrations and weed a garden. I'm just not sure why they elected to prohibit a pregnant sim from simply sitting in a sauna to relax and chat with other sims, lol.

I think it's based off of reality, somewhat. In-game, up until the third trimester, pregnant sims can exercise and keep fit as in real life. Saunas raise body basal temperature extremely quickly and it's far more dangerous (akin to a fever) than jogging or dancing.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @Beanfoot , That makes as much sense as any reason I come up with.

I don't recall which trimester the sim was in at the time. Probably not the third since she autonomously used the treadmill. I also now don't recall whether or not my pregnant sims get sick. I know while playing as a doctor I've only seen pregnant sims in the hospital when the doctor reaches the point in the career where a baby must be delivered. Phantom babies at that, lol. I've never seen a family in the household manager with less than child aged sim included and darn few of those. Not surprising with no story progression, unless one chooses to mod the game.